Roll Call
0 members (), 25 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/26/24 06:57 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Marvel's sort-of LEGION: the GUARDIANS of the GALAXY
#501496 03/26/09 07:17 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
I'm glad I don't read Nova. I would have been really pissed off. As it is, I'm merely annoyed.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#501497 03/26/09 08:07 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Quasar's actions were actually somewhat moving to read. I'm not a huge Nova fan, so I'm not particularly annoyed. I somehow doubt anything is even semi-permanent. Though with DNA, you don't know.

#501498 03/26/09 08:11 PM
I hate Nova and love Quasar. That's why I wish DnA had left well enough alone.

#501499 07/28/09 08:12 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
With War of Kings running, I think most GotG comments are being left in that thread, but I thought I'd return here for some more general comments about GotG. You know, considering its one of the best comic books out there right now.

I thought the guest appearance by the traditional GotG was pretty well done and a fun issue! As usual, DnA was able to convey quite a bit in one issue, including their distinct personalities, their camraderie and what makes them so unique to the rest of the MU.

I'm loving Mantis more and more each issue. I think I might be developing a crush on her.

The addition of Jack Flagg is really just awesome. Warren Ellis did at least one thing right on Thunderbolts by making him matter (for the first time ever) and DnA took the ball and ran with it. He's so out of place here that he fits in (that's a Yoga Bera-ism if I ever posted one).

I loved the exchange two issues earlier between Major Victory and Groot admist the battle. I've got to find it and post it. Something else else like: "What do we say to that, Guardians?" "I am Groot!" "Exactly". Major Victory cracking jokes? Love it.

Phyla, who I generally have disliked throughout her existence, is suddenly becoming a charater I actually kinda like and am interested in. Sure, her actions annoyed me as much as Peter Quill, but her continued "unhindged-ness" is eyebrow raising. Looking forward to Gamora giving her a beatdown.

So many characters just have developed a "presence" in the panels they're in. Drax has only been in like 5 panels in three issues and yet each scene he's in is just perfect. DnA have really been able to get ahold of the characters that way and its awesome to see.

#501500 08/18/09 02:31 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I thought last month's issue 16 with the original Guardians was possibly the very best issue of the series to date. It was a very welcome tale as, frankly, I'd gotten a little bored with the series lately. It just seemed I was reading the same story every month with the same plotlines dragging on and not reaching any kind of conclusion.

This issue addressed the core premise of the series (the spacial fissures) head-on and demonstrated what the Guardians are fighting for. Obviously, this issue has been set up for some time with Starhawk having appeared since the first few issues. My problem is did it really have to wait this long to see where that was going?

I don't mind a series being a "slow burn", but it seemed we were taken on too many side trips to get where we need to be. For example, the "break-up" of the team really killed the forward momentum and could've been done later in the series. Worse, ultimately that side trip had little to any value as a longterm effect. Don't get me wrong, this is a good series and has loads going for it, but I hope this issue means we're starting to get somewhere! (I find it ironic that this issue seemed to be the camel's back breaking straw, given how much I perceive it as a step in the right direction.)

I enjoyed the more cartoony art this issue, and like the characters as they were apparently about to wink out of existence, I'm wondering how they'll get out of that mess! Maybe they'll be able to access the Celestial from Knowhere via they're nearness to the other Celestials and their Knowhere teleportation bracelets?!?!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#501501 08/18/09 03:12 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I think most of the trouble with GotG can be traced back to WoK. First, the book lost its' artist to the "more important" series and got a poorer-quality replacement in his place. Next, with DnA writing Nova, War of Kings, War of Kings: Ascension, and Authority (not to mention D's non-comic writing work and A's inking work), you begin to wonder if they're a bit overstretched. If so, GotG is the one showing it. And, of course, the Starhawk reveal couldn't be made until now, because it was intimately tied to the revelation in WoK #5, and that had to come out first.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#501502 08/18/09 04:14 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
That's a very good point and one that occurred to me--DnA are stretched very thin. And it's not going to let up any time soon with TWO WoK follow-up minis (Realm of Kings), one about the Inhumans and the other about the Imperial Guard, that are solicited beginning in November. If those spin off into series, we may lose DnA on either Nova or GotG or even both.

I wonder if some of the side trips on GotG may have been influenced by the timetable of WoK not being what they originally planned, hence Starhawk and her neverending dangling plotline.

In any case it looks like the Fault could turn into a very compelling and bountiful plot source for both Nova and GotG. Let's hope it lives up to that potential.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#501503 08/22/09 09:36 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I read 15-16 last night and I'm still loving it.

The Cosmo/Rocket Raccoon cover for 15 was awesome.

I love how huge the team has become. Hope everyone's okay after the end of # 16...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#501504 08/22/09 10:27 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Yeah, actually. Adam'll fix it and get everyone back. smile He was God once, you know... laugh

(And a big <span style="font-size: 24px;">YAY!</span> to Lashie being back posting, esp. on COMICS! :partywoo: ) Koko

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#501505 08/22/09 10:53 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thanks, Povvins... I read a buttload of 'em last night. I'm back on the sauce!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#501506 08/29/09 01:33 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
#17 came out this week.

I suspect that Pov's head WILL explode when he reads it. laugh

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#501507 08/30/09 04:43 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Love the reveal about Groot.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#501508 08/30/09 06:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wait... Mantis is there?

omg

Touch the magic...
#501509 08/31/09 08:58 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Reboot:
#17 came out this week.

I suspect that Pov's head WILL explode when he reads it. laugh
ARGH! I won't get it til Wednesday... sob

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#501510 09/01/09 03:51 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Should I set up a webcam so 'Boot can see my head explode tomorrow...? hmmm

#501511 09/02/09 05:47 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
[Lashie]SQUEEEEE![/Lashie]

Oh. My. GOD. lol

-Warlock leading the UCT Cardinals to stop the expansion of the rift.

-Phyla's pact with Oblivion...revealed! Gamora... seriously pissed! And that ending...

Again:

hmmm

DnA are kicking serious @$$ with their spacebooks in general, but this book in particular. I didn't even miss Pelletier this month...

#501512 10/30/09 07:52 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Okay, the shark, she is jumped.

Death, death, death, death, and, wait for it... more death!

I don't even care if it all gets undone next issue (and since Kang the Conqueror *and* a Cosmic Cube feature into the story, it wouldn't even be improbable). I'm done.

Still with appalling art, as well. It's like the writing and the art all went to crap at the same time, like someone sneezing and farting simultaneously, to explosive and messy effect.

#501513 10/30/09 08:43 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Know what this issue felt like? It felt like the cancellation hammer came down around halfway through, and then came back up again at the very last moment.

Seriously, while the book ISN'T cancelled, this had all the hallmarks of a creative team forced to tie-up a plot in far, FAR fewer pages than they had planned. Especially given the end of WoK: Who Will Rule.

As for the art... I didn't hate it. I liked it more than that of Brad Walker (the regular artist) anyway.

#501514 11/03/09 05:12 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
GotG #23 cover. Significant spoiler: http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10156

#501515 11/03/09 05:40 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I AM ENRAGED. I could not BELIEVE the ending of this deathfest!!!! I have never seen a comic I love become one I dislike so thoroughly and swiftly!

Seriously, unless this is somehow erased, GotG ended for me with the previous issue.

#501516 11/04/09 07:32 AM
I'm so glad I dropped this book before that issue.

#501517 11/08/09 01:45 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Well, I just read the latest but I really can't believe all those characters are dead. So Lash, I wouldn't worry.

The issue felt just really weird; like it cancelled out what happened two issues earlier but all the same characters died, complete with two more deaths--two characters who are major fan favorites.

Reboot's link to the cover of #23 shows the story isn't over. So I'm not too upset about it because it just doesn't feel right. Particularly with each character dying in just a panel with no real moment there.

The whole Kang / Mantis scene earlier in the issue might have something to do with how those deaths are undone I suspect, at least with Mantis and Cosmo.

And why undo the really cool scenes where Phyla, Gamora and Adam all die just to redo them in a crappier way? It doesn't ring right to me.

If this issue is like chapter #3 in a 6 or more issue story, then it actually might not be that bad. But wow, DnA are asking for a lot of faith.

#501518 11/08/09 02:49 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Bringing some of those characters back to cheaply snuff them made the whole thing feel wrong. I really do expect them to be brought back when this timeline is negated, but I really don't care enough to stick around for it.

I just dropped it from my pull-list. The crappy art combined with the increasing lameness of the story is just too much for me to keep spending money on.

#501519 11/08/09 05:23 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Hasn't this been foreshadowed since the start of the series? In one of Mantis' first "post-mission sessions" she speaks of the team being dead in a year at the hands of a traitor.

My only problem with things thus far is Wes Craig's artthen last couple of issues. Wasn't he the artist on the Phylla/Drax/Maelstrom story? I liked the art there... this arc, not so much.

#501520 11/17/09 05:03 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
To follow up the #23 cover, the solicit:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">From the February 2010 solicits... </span><span class="spoiler_text">GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #23
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by WES CRAIG
Cover by ALEX GARNER
Special Variant by TBA
A REALM OF KINGS TIE-IN—GUEST-STARRING MAGUS! Star-Lord and the Guardians risked everything and suffered terrible losses in their epic, cross-time battle with Adam Warlock’s evil half. Except...everything they—and you—know could be wrong. Welcome to what’s really going on! Welcome to the kingdom of Magus! It’s all waiting for you in the book that has CosmicBookNews.com raving “DnA are mining the Marvel vaults for cosmic characters that have lain dormant for far too long…Guardians of the Galaxy consistently delivers the perfect balance of action, adventure, humor, drama, excitement, and unpredictability.”
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99</span></span>

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,948
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Mekt Ranzz
Mekt Ranzz
out & about
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star