Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 74 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:35 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/17/24 07:35 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:32 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:30 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by stile86 - 05/17/24 07:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Alexander - 05/17/24 07:09 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Mark Waid back on Flash!
#503889 06/29/07 11:11 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Nah, the new edict is "Old guys are the only ones buying comic books", hence the current nostalgia kick and pandering to the fans. Not that I'm complaining about JSA or the "classic" LSH... wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#503890 07/03/07 12:22 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Rich Johnston yellow-lighted this in this week's LitG column:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I'm told Mark Waid is only writing four issues of the Flash series. Possibly before taking over some nice big fat exec role at DC.</span></span>

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#503891 07/03/07 12:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Can't use the Quote with the Spoiler tag Bri. smile

#503892 07/03/07 01:05 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Thanks, Scott. I meant to check for that, but the page timed out while it was loading. tongue That's my cue to call it a night.

#503893 07/18/07 10:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
ALL-FLASH #1 is out. There were some nice moments between Wally and Iris-- ending in a glimpse into Iris' eye when Wally asks what she knows about his family's future. We then see Wally and the twins in costumes, with Jai (the boy) showing massive arms and shoulders and a still youthful face. His sister, Iris, is shown running and possibly flying.

There's a sort of a neat bit of name-appropriate punishment for one of the Rogues, the one most responsible for Bart's death.

One page shows members of what looks like a new Suicide Squad (but might not be) fighting and defeating all the remaining members of The Rogues, save Trickster and Piper.

I have to say I find this *very* disappointing. Aside from their part in Bart's murder (which I find somewhat hard to believe they'd actually do), The Rogues are all found and fought in one page?

Like the escape of the Seven Deadly Sins a year or so ago, what could have been a nice set-up for a 'floating' crossover throughout many titles, without disrupting anything, the Rogues' capture is handled in a throw-away page.

It's possible that these battles will be presented in future issues of some series or other. Probably two months from now. When a Rogue or other has escaped and is involved in some other scheme. That'd fit DC's somewhat messy use of 'event' developments.

Disappointing.

I guess DC thought Trickster and Piper as stars of COUNTDOWN was enough focus for The Rogues. I can understand that, I suppose.

#503894 07/18/07 11:59 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Like the escape of the Seven Deadly Sins a year or so ago, what could have been a nice set-up for a 'floating' crossover throughout many titles, without disrupting anything, the Rogues' capture is handled in a throw-away page.

It's possible that these battles will be presented in future issues of some series or other. Probably two months from now. When a Rogue or other has escaped and is involved in some other scheme. That'd fit DC's somewhat messy use of 'event' developments.

Disappointing.

I guess DC thought Trickster and Piper as stars of COUNTDOWN was enough focus for The Rogues. I can understand that, I suppose.
I'm not convinced it's "throw away". I have a suspicion about some of the captures... they seem like they might lead to Suicide Squad/Checkmate. And I, for one, am curious to see if the Rogues will start to have more of a presence around the DCU. I mean, if the Joker can do it... why not Mirror Master? smile Geoff really helped round most of them into whole characters and... yeah. I'm hopeful.

#503895 07/19/07 06:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Did that look like a Batman costume springing out of the Flash ring to anyone on the final splash page? It's shown in conjunction with the twins, Jai & Iris, in their future Flash costumes.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#503896 07/19/07 12:19 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It sure did. Pointy ears and a bat emblam on the chest. Who knows what that could mean?

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#503897 07/19/07 04:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I really enjoyed the All Flash issue. Fantastic Flash Family is what I'm going to call them! This issue rocked.

#503898 07/19/07 08:42 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
did XS show up or get mentioned in All Flash issue?

#503899 07/28/07 11:46 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Pov:
Rich Johnston yellow-lighted this in this week's LitG column:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I'm told Mark Waid is only writing four issues of the Flash series. Possibly before taking over some nice big fat exec role at DC.</span></span>
Right move, wrong company, Rich.

S
-
P
-
O
-
I
-
L
-
E
-
R
-
S
-

Mark Waid New EIC For BOOM! Studios

#503900 07/29/07 12:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Rich wasn't the only one saying it, IIRC. I'm surprised at the move but maybe he's got another idea like Empire that he doesn't want DC to own.

#503901 08/01/07 11:18 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Apparently, Mark gets to have his cake and eat it-- his EiC position for BOOM! allows him to continue writing Flash and Brave and the Bold.

Mark's Newsarama interview .

#503902 08/15/07 04:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
And...?

Just spouting off.
#503903 08/16/07 06:19 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I must say I was a bit disappointed. I didn't really care for the artwork or the story. Certainly not what I would have expected for the first issue of a new run.

In particular, I was really annoyed at the omission of Bart from the recap of the Flash legacy. This sequence made it seem as if he had never even existed.

I'll give this one or two more issues but it will have to get much better quickly or I will drop this title.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#503904 08/16/07 08:43 AM
Deputy
Deputy
The story point I found REALLY interesting was, the theory that when Wally returned he drew the speed force back into himself - thereby leaving Bart powerless - and inadvertantly being responsible for his death.

It was kind of glossed over at the end of the issue by Iris saying, something along the lines of "There, there baby, it wasn't your fault.", but I hope it gets picked up on in the new series.

Be lucky
#503905 08/16/07 09:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Okay so I was underwhelmed. Granted, I was expecting a much different story than the Flash Family Fun-venture.

Linda's new role feels forced. The Tornado Twins suffer fromthe advanced aging- big no shock there. While it will be interesting to see a hero family, this one doesn't strike me as an intersting one. But it may take some time.

The art was a let down. It was great to look at, but didn't convey any motion or energy- something required in the FLASH. Acuna and Ross and Bianchi and other painters out there do fine work, but it rarely provides the action needed in a super-hero book.

DC dropped the ball again on this character.

Just spouting off.
#503906 09/04/07 04:24 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
TALKING FLASH WITH MARK WAID on today's NEWSARAMA links...

#503907 09/05/07 07:48 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I only just picked up the first issue of the new run and I have to say I wasn't impressed.
The art really didn't suit the book. I always think that the art on Flash should be bright and clean and this was very dark and muddy looking. There was no feeling of speed and no sense of wonder. That's one of the things I remember in my favourite Flash stories, the sense of "WOW! Look how fast he is! He just caught that tray of food in mid air!!" For me the catching the tray was more impressive than catching bullets; it grounded it more in my own experience. I just don't get that feeling of speed and sheer joy in being the fastest man alive.

I'm also not too keen on the kids. Are we going to have to put up with, not one but, TWO 'cute comedy sidekicks' with their own 'hilarious' baby talk..."Funny hat?"
Yes Wally and Linda are parents and that is an important part of the characters and the children are their family but, there was no need to age the kids. They did that with Bart and look how a series of writers messed up that idea.
I agree with CJ, Lindas' role DOES seem forced. It's like "What will we do with Linda? I know let's make her the tech support gal. She can work the computers and do lots of impressive, technical looking things. Cool."

Ah, I'm just having a moan. The Flash has always been my VERY favourite comic and I'm just getting PO'd by the way DC keep messing with it.

It's early days yet and I'm sure DC will surprise me and make both The Flash AND The Legion, comics that I look forward to reading again; instead of comics I read through a sense of loyalty.

Be lucky
#503908 12/27/07 05:23 PM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
Mark Waid back OFF Flash: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12652

Replaced with Tom Peyer.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#503909 12/27/07 07:19 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm going to drop the Flash even faster than he can run. Peyer is not the right writer for that book at all.

What the hell happened with Waid?!?!?! That was what, 6 months maybe???

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#503910 12/28/07 08:03 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I was not enjoying the Waid run at all.

We have Wally back and he's straddled with the kids. Oh, "don't write the kids off until you read the stories"? Read the stories. Sucks.

Peyer will get a try too.

Man, how can Flash have been so dissapointing these last few years? (rhetorical).

#503911 12/28/07 08:14 PM
#deleteFacebook
Online Shocked
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I was [not] enjoying the Waid run at all.

We [have] Wally back and he's straddled with the kids.
Did you mean to include those two words?

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Man, how can Flash have been so dissapointing these last few years? (rhetorical).
Well, you start with a Johns run. He then, when off the book, aged an already-barely-recognisable-Bart capriciously....

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#503912 12/29/07 02:09 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
lol yeah, I edited my post. That's what happens when Pow-web screws up and you have to rewrite your posts real quick.

#503913 01/01/08 02:37 PM
Candidate
Candidate
I've been severely disappointed with this book. I'm giving it until I have to renew my subscription. If it doesn't get any better, I'm dropping it.

I don't understand why they had to age the kids. There was no reason to. And wasn't it said somewhere that one's ten and the other's eight years old? They're twins, I don't see how that's possible. (Don't quote me on this, I'm not entirely sure if this is right.)

I'm not going to even start on what I think about their names.

(Sorry, didn't mean to go off like that. shocked )

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,425
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Mr. Kayak
Mr. Kayak
Milan, Italy
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star