Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 34 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Mark Waid back on Flash!
#503914 01/03/08 06:42 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Newsarama has Flash stories!

First Kieth Champagne talks his Flash fill-in (plus some stuff about a fill-in on the All-New Atom book). His is the one coming out in February.

Then there's an interview with Tom Peyer who some may know from the reboot Legion. (I certainly remember him... not always fondly.) He'll be the new ongoing writing on the Flash starting in March.

I... don't know what to think. Yet.

#503915 01/04/08 07:38 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'll stick with it. The Waid run wasn't working with me, so perhaps Peyer might be what we need? Hard to say. I miss Geoff here.

#503916 01/04/08 09:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I like the idea of evolving to a family, but it hasn't grabbed me as a story. Here's hoping Peyer can do that.

Just spouting off.
#503917 01/04/08 09:22 AM
Deputy
Deputy
New interview on Newsarama today with Mark Waid , talking about why he chose to leave the Flash in the dust...

I hate to see him go, and as I said above, I'm not going to buy the Peyer run. Just doesn't work for me... shake

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#503918 01/05/08 09:51 AM
Deputy
Deputy
That Newsarama interview is a fascinating read. Waid really seems to have lost his self-confidence. I think he was reading this thread.)

I do completely agree with Waid that, given that Wally, when last we saw him, had a wife and newborn twins, it would be terrible to just wipe them out of existence. (Not YET, Mephisto!) I also agree that Flash has been about family and legacy for a LONNGGG time, so doing a family man Flash is, in theory, a good idea.

It may NOT be the best fit for the character of Wally, I don't know. But a lot of self-centered, happy-go-lucky young guys become fathers and go through some big changes, so the story potential is there. Tapping into the spirit of the Incredibles would be a great start. In fact, move the Wests into a mid-century modern house with nosy neighbors and I would be a happy man. Finally, I completely agree about the hypocrisy of complaining about Flash the family man and Spidey's de-marriaging in the same breath. Ridiculous.

The problem with Waid's Flash wasn't the premise or the art, it was the way he is stretching out clever, but brief, story ideas into half-year epics. Just contrast the lead Flash stories with his back-ups and B&B and you can see the problem. This damn water-alien invasion story has been going on for, like, 9 years now, and we only this month learned the connection behind it. That SHOULD have been the cliffhanger at the end of issue 1 or 2 of the story, and the story should have been over in 3 issues, max.

Peyer seems psyched to do the Flash. I think the only stuff of his I ever read was the early Legion 2Boot, some of which was good, some wasn't. If he can inject some lightness and humor into the Flash, that would be a good thing. I'm hoping Grant Morrison knows what he's talking about.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star