Roll Call
0 members (), 53 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 11:12 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
Re: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
#506014 02/10/10 02:24 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
WOOOO!!!!!

It starts filming in May!!

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24797

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#506015 02/10/10 09:18 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just re-read the entire series, excluding #69 which hasn't been shipped to me yet.
The story is intense on a monthly basis, but read as a whole it is even moreso.
Incredible tale by Kirkman and crew.
I'm looking forward to where the story goes from here and am expecting more heartache to come. But that is part of the beauty of this story, Kirkman makes you actually care about these people, which is more than I can say for a lot of titles these days.

I'm also pumped up for the series to hit TV, I hope the pilot goes well!

#506016 03/02/10 09:07 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
#69 just got delivered a yesterday.
Hmm..things are looking up for our little band of survivors. However I doubt it will last.
I expect we see some "smaller" stories for bit, mostly dealing with how happy they are in their new home. Then Issue #75 comes along (which kirkman stated he has big plans for) and everything will go to hell again.

If everything in the new community is as it seems (and i doubt it) I think Rick will have a difficult time fitting in after everything he has done to this point. That stuff has to change a man.

Looking forward to #70 and beyond!

#506017 03/03/10 03:33 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
#70 was very good. Set up for the new status quo. I have a feeling that something will happen...but it's not going to be something by one of the townies. I think that Rick or one of his crew snaps.

#506018 03/03/10 04:37 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm going to be waiting for #70 for a while, I have my shipping setup to only send when it reachs $100 to save on shipping costs, usually takes about 1 1/2 months.
I'm going to have to avoid this thread for a while so I don't get spoiled!

#506019 03/03/10 07:46 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
We try to talk as vague as possible about issues here. As to not destroy things for later readers. After a while though, things are free game.

Also in #70...I was deeply disturbed by the talk that the Leader of the community gave Rick...you know the part I'm talking about.

#506020 03/08/10 11:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I read # 70. Nothing super-spoilery follows other than speculation...

"Davidson"? Looks like I might get my wish for Wisteria Lane-type mysteries and whatnot.

I was in total shock to learn just who the policeman was on the cover. I truly had no idea until I got to that scene in the story.

I surprised myself by thinking that Rick looked rather handsome with his long hair after the shave.

I agree with Dev, I think it's more likely one of Rick's crew will snap this time... that would make this scenario different from what happened in Mayor's Town and the Prison.

Am I alone in thinking the book is DESPERATELY in need of a monthly ROLL CALL? I can't even remember who all is in Rick's crew and now we have all these new faces...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#506021 03/08/10 01:21 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I just use this every now and then...http://www.twdfanclub.net/characterlistandmap.htm

But a handy checklist would be nice.

#506022 03/25/10 07:27 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Just read it myself: another great issue. I also am worried that it will be one of Rick's crew that will snap. I'm hoping it won't be Abraham but he seems a possibility. Of course, Morgan is the most likely.

Glad to see Rick looking clean-shaven. I also suspect he'll find out someone is beating up that little kid and eventually hand out an ass-kicking. Should be a great Kirkman scene.

I'm hoping to learn more about Rosita! Basically all we know is she's really hot and Latina. Also, Gabriel the Priest I'm curious about.

And yeah, TWD definitely needs a monthly roll call, it's hard to keep track of all the names and faces. I admit, I couldn't remember Morgan's name until I clicked on Dev's link.

Also, with the politician...I found his asking my girl Andrea if she's single a little odd, even with his explanation. He then asked to see Rosita. I'm wondering if in classic politician style, he's looking for women he can cheat on his wife with? I'm thinking he is.

#506023 03/25/10 03:07 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I finally read this about a week ago. Definitely, good stuff. It's nice to have issues that are more talky than the norm. In this case it really helps especially because we're meeting new characters and establishing a new status quo. Hopefully, some of these new characters will really start to jump out at me, but no one's set me on fire yet.

Douglas is a good storyteller though. Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Dev Em:
Also in #70...I was deeply disturbed by the talk that the Leader of the community gave Rick...you know the part I'm talking about.
...yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. That story gave me CHILLS. Made me wonder if Kirkman used a real-but-fictionalized anecdote or if he just made that one up 100%. I've a feeling someone's gonna ask Kirkman that question in a future lettercolumn. Ironic that IMO the most disturbing bit from a comic with historically its fair share of disturbing moments would come in a verbal recounting. I'm glad, though, because that's NOT a scene I was hoping to see drawn!

It made me wonder why Douglas would tell Rick that story? I know he offered an explanation, but I guess he just wanted to make sure Rick (and his group) hadn't lost their moral compass after all they've been through. From what we've seen, they're only holding on by a thread, though.

So exactly what did Davidson 'make them do'? I'm sure when we learn what that was we'll see some interesting ramifications. The question is not just what did they do, but will they do it again? There's enough of a question in my mind for me not to just assume it'll be our crew that goes around the bend this time.

This has the potential to be our setting for even longer than was the prison. Will it end even worse for our cast?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#506024 03/26/10 08:11 AM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The thing I keep thinking about is that Rick and Co. have had to do some terrible things to individuals and groups along their journey. So, anything that the community may have done...may (just may, have been understandable. Not saying it was or wasn't, especially since we don't know anything yet.

#506025 03/26/10 01:40 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
It could absolutely be something understandable. Our band of characters have certainly done some morally questionable things, but every one of those you could probably justify. That thing with the hunters was probably the closest to being over the line, but they haven't done anything that's even in the vicinity of what, say, the Governor and his crew were shown to do.

The only exception being Morgan and how he fed people to his zombie son. But that wasn't done as part of the group. Gabriel's sin was more one of inaction and refusing to help--probably a lot of survivors have been guilty of that in that world. But who knows what some of the others have done prior to joining the group? Many probably have skeletons we know nothing about.

So maybe whatever the people of this community were 'made' to do was no worse than anything our group have done to survive. Maybe our group would just shrug and do a "meh" if they find out. Or maybe it was way over the line. Somehow I don't feel that Kirkman would put it on the last page if it wasn't something beyond what we've seen our crew do. We'll see.

And, oh yeah....
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, with the politician...I found his asking my girl Andrea if she's single a little odd, even with his explanation. He then asked to see Rosita. I'm wondering if in classic politician style, he's looking for women he can cheat on his wife with? I'm thinking he is.
...he's totally looking to sow some oats! You can tell by how pissed off his wife was. They prolly have a Bill & Hillary thing goin' there. smile

#506026 03/29/10 04:37 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
It's been picked up for at least 6 episodes.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25459

#506027 03/29/10 05:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
FANGASM!!!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#506028 03/29/10 05:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'm excited, but it's kinda muted. The article emphasizes it as being part of their "Fearfest". Makes it seem more like a Halloween event/miniseries than the beginning of an ongoing. 6 episodes instead of, like, 13 seems to emphasize that focus. Seems like it's AMC's roundabout way of trying to save money if it doesn't pick up the kind of numbers they hope it will.

Still, though...it's much, MUCH better than nothing!

#506029 03/29/10 05:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Exactly-- a WHOLE lot better than nothing. And if the numbers ARE there... well, I'd bet a full season will follow.

6 episodes will surely be enough to cover, what-- the first couple of trades???

#506030 03/29/10 05:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And then comes the DVD set purchase... can't wait...

#506031 03/29/10 05:20 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Meanwhile, no new issue of TWD (or of Invincible) this month (and one with FIVE Wednesdays, btw)? WTF?!?! Looks like "on time in '09" was truly just last year's philosophy... frown

#506032 03/29/10 05:22 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'd guess the first several issues. Rick finding the group...introducing the characters...leaving Atlanta. Maybe coming to the farm.

That would be a good place to end the 6 episodes. It is a good end point if they do not continue it, and a good breaking point if there is going to be continued.

#506033 03/29/10 05:24 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Maybe ending with the intro of Tyrese and kids instead of the farm

#506034 03/29/10 05:27 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
Meanwhile, no new issue of TWD (or of Invincible) this month (and one with FIVE Wednesdays, btw)? WTF?!?! Looks like "on time in '09" was truly just last year's philosophy... frown
This truly sucks.

#506035 03/29/10 05:27 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Since the only role they've cast is Shane so far, I'd bet it ends with his and Rick's...confrontation. Basically, the first trade. Unless, they were just gonna squeeze all that into the pilot.

Actually, Kirkman has said he actually hopes they don't adapt everything faithfully, so those of us who read the books will have a few surprises. I'm a little torn on that one. Movies? Yeah, I like faithfullness to the source whenever possible. But watching a TV series every week and knowing everything that will happen could get a little tedious, I suppose. shrug

#506036 03/29/10 05:31 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Even if they were to switch a few things up here and there. A character dies where another had in the comics...Characters live when they died in the book.

#506037 03/29/10 05:39 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
That's a possibility. The chance to see a better outcome for [name withheld] would be particularly awesome. I still miss [name withheld] a LOT! It might be annoying, though, if they kill off one or more of some of the longstanding characters who still survive to this day.

Maybe it would be better if they aren't bound as much to all the storylines themselves as opposed to character deaths. While I would LOVE to see the prison sequence covered, it might get a little old if they spend as much time proportionately as the comic did. (I imagine the prison storyline would make for an expensive set in a TV budget, especially as it won't have the budget of, say, Prison Break as an AMC show.)

#506038 03/29/10 05:50 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I could see the prison thing working for a season, if they incorporate a few new/other things into the plot as well. Not sure how the first 2 deaths at the prison would be handled ...if at all.

A few expidition episodes to break up the monotony of the prison setting, and there you go.

Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,373
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star