Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:11 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
Re: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
#506164 12/01/10 08:22 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Yep, great time to be a TWD fan! nod

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#506165 12/04/10 12:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
I honestly don't know how anyone can STAND to trade-wait this series! shrug
I'm a TPBer! And TPB #13 just came out. Which means it's time for my six-monthly review of The Walking Dead! laugh

Umm, can't think of much to say about it though... I definitely enjoyed it. I read all six issues in one sitting.

There wasn't a lot of action - just a lot of good character work. Which I appreciated. All you Michonne-lovers will be happy to know I've actually started to warm up to her. Kirkman's finally starting to give her some depth at last. Loved seeing her knock Rick out with that rock. He really lost it for a while there.

When I started this TPB I thought things were going to go bad and the Community storyline would be over only one or two issues into it. I'm glad it lasted the whole TPB. The Community (and everything it represents i.e. the closest thing our characters will ever probably get to a return to the way things used to be) seems like a big deal and worthy of a much longer storyline than that.

I think losing it even one or two issues into the next TPB (which seems evident based on the way this one ended and the previews) is too soon. Still, I won't deny that part of me is looking forward to getting back to the mayhem and excitement of a bloodbath for survival.

I just hope more than just the usual faces survive it. That was one thing that bugged me about the prison arc. All the minor characters got killed off there and (nearly) all the main ones survived it. If Axel or Billy or Patricia had survived that arc I think it would have made things a lot more interesting and less predictable.

Haven't seen any hints that we might be losing Rick or Carl but wouldn't mind it if it happened. The book could *definitely* live without Carl IMO since he really doesn't add much to the dynamic other than someone for Rick to worry about. Losing Rick would be weird though. I can't see it happening. Having said that though, I definitely think Kirkman has built Andrea up to the point that she could take over as the new lead. I think I'd really like to see that happen actually.

As long as Morgan, Abraham, Rosita, Andrea and fat worker dude with the long black hair, beard and sunglasses (that Abraham chatted with) survive then I'll be happy.

Anyhoo, see you all again in six months. smile

#506166 12/05/10 04:49 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
This post is about the show, and where I'd like to see it go next season.

Putting it here as to avoid spoilers in the show thread, and since it is about issues long ago, talking about it here should be fair game.

I think next year will encapsulate the second trade. They will have covered pretty much all but the carl/Shane issue in the first six episodes. Covering the first trade pretty thoroughly.

Thus, the second trade...Meeting Tyrese and the teens, and an episode of them all on the road. You can have an episode or two covering the estates. An arc of several episodes on the farm...add in a few one off episodes for deviations which have been handled well so far, and wrapping up with them finding the prison in the finale of season 2.

I think that there is a good amount of drama to be mined from the farm story, and a few good characters to explore that were not given the chance to shine in the book. I personally think there is probably a good 5 - 6 episodes worth of stuff that could be pulled and explanded on.

One with Carl's accident and getting them to the farm. Glenn and Maggie hooking up, and more relationship stuff growing from the characters that have joined spread out over teh multi episode arc. One just on what's in the barn and what happens with that. Add in a few offshoot stories with Hershel and his family, and you have a good arc for the season.

What do you guys think?

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#506167 12/05/10 08:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah I pretty much agree. The Shane storyline will need to wrap up before Wilshire Estates. I can see Wishire estates being NO LESS than 2 episodes. The snow melting off the Wilshire Estates sign was one of my early "scariest moments" in the book, so I remember that scene well and hope they copy it to a tee from the comic.

But how are they going to progress from the heat of summer to the snow-covered Wilshie Estates story so quickly... I need to reread the 2nd trade (I didn't go monthly until after the 5th trade).

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#506168 12/05/10 10:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think they're going to combine the Wiltshire Estates and the Farm into the same storyline. It's been a while but other than the people that they met and the people that died, I can't remember much of a thematic difference between the two storylines.

And knowing how much time the show would need to give to them, it seems like that would be about a season each for those two stories.

Show spoilers for those not watching it -

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> We know the Shane/Rick/Carl thing is already stretching into season 2, plus who knows where this scientist angle is going, or what they're planning for new characters like Merle, Daryl, etc. </span></span>

That's already a lot to work into a <strike> six </strike> ... just remembered that next season is longer. 14 episodes I think. They may work both places into the show next season after all. I definitely think Tyreese and Michonne especially will show up before the end of next season though.

#506169 12/05/10 10:27 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I disagree about the lack of a thematic differnece. I definitely think Wilshire Estates and the Farm are valid different storylines. Zombies ruining everything are the only similarities, but that's going to be the case a LOT in these scenarios. smile

The snow melting off the WE sign MUST happen, as must the BARN scene from the farm storyline!

These things must occur or I shan't be pleased!!!

>starts protesting< The BARN and the SIGN, 2 storylines! The barn and the Sign, 2 storylines! The barn and the sign, 2 storylines!!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#506170 12/05/10 10:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And yes, Tyrese and Michonne BOTH are A MUST in season 2!!!!!!!!

#506171 12/06/10 12:18 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Personally, I think Wilshire Estates could easily be just one episode, but no more than two. Maybe this occurs after an episode spent on the road and meeting Tyreese. The stuff that occurs at the farm could be just 2-3 episodes, easily. Then, they could move on to the prison and the stuff with Woodbury and the Governor. Season 2 could easily end with the Governor, tank and all, charging on the prison for one HELL of a cliffhanger!

The timing with what goes down with Shane could be tricky. They may alter things in such a way as Shane sticks around the whole season, and they end it with Carl killing him. I dunno, really. Given my sruthers, I'd prefer the season open with about a 3-episode arc in which Shane slowly loses it and then dies. From there, on to Wilshire Estates and Hershel's farm.

Just remember, Darabont & company are likely to continue with detours that aren't from the books while continuing to push the series on Kirkman's overall roadmap. The biggest omission from that roadmap so far has been the complete absence of Donna, Allen and the twins. At this point I'm assuming they're not going to appear. If not, that will significantly alter the outcome and fallout of the Wilshire Estates stop. Maybe instead of Donna we'll lose Daryl or T-Dog? Before tonight, Jacqui would've been a suitable replacement. Or perhaps we'll lose Tyreese's daughter there instead?

In any case I'm not gonna be too anal about how the series will diverge from the book. It's been an exemplary series so far, and I've no reason to believe Season 2 won't continue to impress.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#506172 12/06/10 06:38 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Lardy, that is a whole lot of ground to cover in 13 episodes. I think they will end with discovering the prison, it seems to be a big discovery/breaking point...but that's just me.

I think given how they are diverging, it would not surprise me to see Donna, Allen and the kids show up with Tyrese...then again, maybe not.

#506173 12/06/10 11:08 PM
The Present is Past
The Present is Past
I just watched the entire first season of the show for the first time in one sitting and am completely hooked. I hadn't read the book previously but all the good news got me curious enough to give it a shot. Glad I did. Hadn't gotten this invested in a show in a good while.

A shame about the long wait for season two, but that's plenty of time to blaze through the book now.

#506174 12/06/10 11:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You won't be disappointed and you WILL be totally addicted! smile

#506175 01/06/11 09:21 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The latest issue kicked off “No Way Out”, the next major story that already looks like it will be filled with changes—mostly of the horrific kind as our group tries to survive the next major catastrophe. And wow, like usual, Kirkman and Charlie deliver in spades. The issue has taken the build-up of the last several issues and enhanced the feeling of dread we’ve had, knowing what’s coming, as the zombie herd begins to surround the mini-town they’ve got going. People’s reactions start to show some minor panic and we know this will only get worse. Having read all the previous stories, I (like most of you I would presume) recognize this is going to be good and it’s not going to be easy on our characters.

A few things stick out:

- Not really the biggest fan of the woman putting the moves on Rick. Something else else bad will come of this. And the exchange between Carl and the other boy (whose father Rick killed) was stone cold—man, Carl is growing up to be one tough as nails person, and not in a good way for human interaction (but probably in a good way for survival).

- Abraham appears to have a little something on the side; it’s understandable after what happened but every situation we’ve seen like this so far has not ended well.

- I’m ready for ass-kicking Michonne to be unleashed again.

- Andrea being in the bell-tower was hardly addressed but the anxiety over her being there stuck with me all issue.

You get the sense that shit is about to explode internally, as the claustrophobia of the zombies closing in takes hold more and more. The zombies actually bursting through the gates is not something I see happening anytime soon; rather, I expect someone letting them in on purpose is going to happen. But we’ll see.

Kirkman has done a good job making the set-up for this story different from the previous stories. He still manages to keep things fresh!

#506176 01/12/11 02:02 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Still my favorite read. # 80 was no exception.

My review pretty much Xerox' Cobie's... one thing I will say, I don't like Carl very much anymore. I'm wondering if Rick's big "I do it all to save my family" speech is leading up to something happening to Carl. I actually think I would be okay with it, and I am in general NOT a fan of putting children into jeopardy.

#506177 02/12/11 10:55 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Issue 81 is read...the first casualties!!!

#506178 02/13/11 07:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh it's out finally? CBS, here I come tomorrow!!!

#506179 02/19/11 12:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Read it-- was shocked by the last page! Loved Andrea making her appearance. Things look grim for the community.

#506180 02/19/11 12:23 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I think this was the "bang" before the storm.

One member of Ricks group is going to return to their previous ways with a vengeance I think after that last page.

Andrea just rocks...they're trying to help her, and she saves their bacon...awesome.

#506181 02/20/11 04:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My, how my army has grown! smile So, what have I missed? Anyone seen the Michonne figure that McFarlane is going to do?

#506182 02/20/11 05:09 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
GASP!!!! WHhhAAAAAT!!

#506183 02/20/11 05:21 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
My, how my army has grown! smile So, what have I missed? Anyone seen the Michonne figure that McFarlane is going to do?
Cannot wait for these...definately getting the comic based ones...not so sure on the television ones.

#506184 02/20/11 05:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
First wave will be based on the comic, including Michonne and Rick. Second wave will be based on the tv series. McFarlane Walking Dead Figures

#506185 02/20/11 06:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow... those are probably going to be out of my price range but that Michonne sure is tempting!

#506186 02/20/11 06:09 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I want a Michonne and the two zombies so I can put a chain around each neck, set up a diorama on my desk at work.

#506187 02/20/11 06:28 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Between these and the egion set from Mattycollector, I have a lot of saving to do this year.

#506188 02/20/11 06:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That Legion set is just too high priced for me. I hope they will eventually release the figures one at a time but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,371
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
taichara
taichara
Hou'ou-shi
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star