Roll Call
3 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Set, Set, thoth lad), 40 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 11:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:24 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
Re: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
#506239 06/14/11 01:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Absolutely agreed about the book surviving fine without Rick and Carl.

I'm now thinking Carl is going to survive, but with brain damage. He's certainly never going to be the same...

It was kind-of nice to see so much hope... and nice to see the community ultimately survive... for now anyway.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#506240 06/29/11 10:45 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Man, I haven't been on the edge of my seat hoping a character will survive like I have been with Carl. I'm just really hoping he makes it!

#85 was excellent. It slowed things down, which was needed and kept things moving forward.

Once again, Rick seems to want to take things to the next level and that is a great idea to try to rebuild civilization. But I can't shake the feeling that everyone is growing more and more scared / weary of Rick. Even some of his friends. I wonder if #100 or something has Rick becoming like a bad guy for the piece, pushed over the edge? With Kirkman, you just never know.

The issue spotlighted what a good character Abraham is, as I feel like even though he's been prominent in every issue, we just haven't seen him.

I really like Rosita too--I hope she gets some more time as she's now out of Abraham's shadow.

#506241 07/20/11 07:37 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
87 is out today, and I just read it. If you haven't read it yet, I'll just say that we finally have some news on Carl. Not gonna spoil it any further than that.

Also, we have the return of a recurring element in the post-prison books pertaining to Rick that we haven't seen in a while. This one's a little different from the others and may bode ill for him.

Although I like Abraham a LOT as a character, it's good to see Rosalita stand up for herself some more and to see that Abraham actually has some regrets. I hope Kirkman continues to let Rosalita come into her own. Though I love Andrea and Michonne, Rosalita is probably the hottest chick in the book! If I were Abe, I'd be feelin' some regrets as well!

Eugene is also getting a little more development as well. It's rare that Kirkman lets secondary characters graduate to starring status in TWD after being in the background for so long (usually they make a quick early impression if they're going to stick around), but maybe Eugene and Rosalita are going to buck the trend.

Does it look to anyone else like Rick and Andrea may be gravitating toward each other romantically? I once thought the same about Rick and Michonne in the issues after the prison, but that never happened.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#506242 07/23/11 07:32 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
If you haven't already, check TWD TV thread in Anywhere for a KICK-ASS trailer for season 2, from CCI... drool

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#506243 08/03/11 03:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I read 87.

Lardy, I definitely got a "vibe" for Rick and Andrea... I hope it happens, kinda.

Carl... I'm still not sure how I feel about this... there's a lot left yet to find out about this.

I'm also pleased to see Eugene and Rosalita get some more "airtime".

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#506244 08/06/11 07:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So... I haven't been posting much at Legion World lately.

One reason - I find this site, and its reminders of a universe of stories and characters I used to enjoy until Dan Didio and the other losers on DC editorial began their years long quest to destroy everything I used to like about them, kinda depressing.

And since the news of the DCnU relaunch was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me, causing me to drop every monthly comic I had been buying and wash my hands of the hobby, that leaves me without much to talk about in the LoSH or Dr Gym'll's - the forums I previously participated in the most.

But since I still buy The Walking Dead in TPB, I guess that leaves me one thread I can participate in every six months.

So here's my review of TWD TPB #14, covering issues #79-84.

* First things first, I'm gonna talk about the big event at the end of the book - what happened to Carl. I absolutely HATE the character of Carl, not only because of where Kirkman has taken him, but because of what he represents - that one character in this whole universe who feels completely unkillable to me. I just do not think Kirkman has the cojones to off this character - and knowing that just makes me want to see him killed all the more. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw that double-page spread! And then my disappointment a page later when I realised he wasn't instantly killed. And those first few seconds of survival were all I needed to know that, once again, Wonder Boy Carl would make it out of another TPB alive, despite an injury that for all intents and purposes looks like it should be fatal. Especially only a few issues after...

* Morgan's death. Carl seems to lose half his skull and brain and survives and yet my favourite character of the ones remaining, Morgan, loses an arm and dies?!? That's just frakkin' annoying. I really liked Morgan and feel that Kirkman treated him pretty crappily since his re-introduction. It's annoying that he never got to do much of anything and then had such a lame death.

* All in all, I thought this was a pretty enjoyable bunch of issues though and, despite my mis-givings about a few of the choices Kirkman makes, I'm still very much into this series.

* Michonne has definitely grown on me. These last two TPBs have done wonders in fleshing out her character. I can honestly say I like her now.

* Andrea is still a fave and I am SOOOOOOOOO ready to see Rick (and Carl!) killed off so she can take over as our main POV character. She is so ready for it IMO and it would show that Kirkman has true guts as a writer if he were to do it. Damn, that would make for a great issue #100 surprise!

* Is Rosita EVER going to do anything? It feels like she's been in the book for about 25 issue and has barely said two sentences. I hate the way Kirkman introduces seemingly main characters and then just has them hang around in the background until they get killed (Ben, Billy, Axel, Patricia, etc.). Do something with more than just the same-old 4 or 5 Kirkman!

* Charlie Adlard's art is so, so good. It took me 13 TPBs but I think I can finally say I'm not missing Tony Moore anymore.

* I fully expected the Community to be destroyed in this TPB and our heroes on the road again by the end of it. Pleasantly surprised to see that wasn't the case. The Community seems a very important link to their old way-of-life and I'm happy to see the characters fighting to hold onto it. That said, I hope they're on the road again by issue #100. I want to see them get to a boat and head for another country. It seems strange to me that no one has raised the possibility that this zombie-plague may just be confined to the US.

That's all I can think of for now. See you all in another few months.

#506245 08/06/11 07:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Maybe we'll see you in October when Season 2 of the TV show starts up...???

#506246 08/06/11 09:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
^ Hola. Yes, I'll probably be back here discussing The Walking Dead show, and whatever other shows or comics (non-DCU) that tickle my fancy once my blood-lust for Didio, Berganza, et al has died down.

I just hope it improves in its second season because I think I'm on record in that thread as believing that the final episode of the first season was one of the worst written/most disappointing hours of television I saw all last year.

#506247 08/20/11 03:27 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Read 86, 87 and 88 in one fell swoop.

I can accept the fate of Carl at this point. It is what it is, and seems to have pushed Rick flailing and screaming back towards the edge as he deals with what happens. His comments about leaving the walls to search for food instead of what others think he should be doing is interesting, as is his situation when found alone on said trip 'into town.'

The return of the story angle from the post prison issues is ill boding as well. As is the attitude of several of the old time townies.

Kirkman set up a lot to go with the next several months to get us to another big point.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#506248 08/21/11 03:19 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#88 is another example of the exceptional writing that this series has a reputation for. In the aftermath of fears that Carl was shot for the graphic shock value of the death of a main character, instead we get a complicated and very human story. Carl is not dead. He is not in a catatonic state. The good news of his recovery is tempered by painful choices and a spotty memory that may be a mixed blessing. Rick's choices are outrageous and questionable, while simultaneously being totally understandable. All this while a new threat looms. Intense stuff.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#506249 08/30/11 11:20 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I read # 88 last night and found it to be less than enjoyable as usual. I realize it's marking time and setting up later events, but for me to come away less-than thrilled from any issue is unusual... it's only happened once or twice before that I can remember.

I'm sure I will feel differently about the issue once I read it en masse with the rest, as I plan to do sometime soon.

Still not sure how I feel about Carl's miraculous recovery...

#506250 09/04/11 08:53 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Picked up the Covers Hard Cover book at the Borders going out of business sale.

Nice book, and nice to have all the covers finally. Having the trades, which do not have the covers in them (which sucks), of the first several arcs...I did not have the covers. This is a nice way to get them, along with the thoughts of the Cover artists, Adlard and Moore, along with Kirkman's random musings on them as well.

Also nice to see variations on some of the covers, and really rough sketch concepts by Kirkman and the others.

The $25 price tag put me off of this initially, but getting it for under $10 was more than worth it, and probably convinced me to grab the next edition when it comes out.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#506251 09/04/11 09:06 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Great find, Dev. Congrats!

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#506252 09/22/11 10:17 AM
G
Active
Active
G
*poof*

#506253 09/26/11 05:36 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Unlike Lash, I enjoyed Walking Dead #88 quite a bit! I like how Kirkman is exploring the community after the disaster of "No Way Out". Rick's reaction to Carl's situation is very interesting. I'm curious to see where this goes. Also, with the seeds of a revolt going on, I wonder if we're heading for an EXPLOSIVE issue 100? Time will tell!

Definitely the one book I most look forward to every month!

#506254 10/24/11 02:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#$%#^%$#@!! I'm only on Book 5 of the TPBs, and made the mistake yesterday of jumping on a Wiki to remind me of something about Tyreese's backstory, and was treated to an image of

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">him getting executed by the Governor.</span></span>

Curse my stupidity for not being wary of the interweb.

#506255 10/24/11 02:56 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I avoid anywhere I even SUSPECT of possible spoilers... usually even this very thread, though Legion Worlders are truly some of the most circumspect and respectful posters.(SEE: your use of the spoiler tag above) wink I'm up to the sixth HC myself, with the seventh on its way with my next EOM shipment. But even some of the "non-spoilery" comments have me wanting to cheat myself and get up-to-date... must be strong, must be strong... lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#506256 10/24/11 03:23 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
There's NO WAY I could trade-wait on TWD! shake

#506257 10/24/11 03:25 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
btw, I've got the prose novel "Rise of the Governor" on order from Amazon. It'll ship with LSH's "The Curse"! Looking forward to both! nod

#506258 10/24/11 03:30 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I *do* want to get that... nod

#506259 11/09/11 05:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Consider me recruited... picked up issue #90 the other today... got HC Book #1 at the library today... taking it away with me this weekend... hoping to have more dreams about being chased by zombies...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#506260 11/09/11 06:27 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
btw, I've got the prose novel "Rise of the Governor" on order from Amazon. It'll ship with LSH's "The Curse"! Looking forward to both! nod
Totally need a review on this once read!

#506261 11/09/11 06:28 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by SharkLad:
Consider me recruited... picked up issue #90 the other today... got HC Book #1 at the library today... taking it away with me this weekend... hoping to have more dreams about being chased by zombies...
I CANNOT WAIT for you to get hooked and update us ok your progress! It'll be awesome to watch you get consumed with enthusiasm and zombie bloodlust!

#506262 11/10/11 12:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
re: TWD # 90, last page:

IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME. smile

#506263 11/17/11 07:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b]Consider me recruited... picked up issue #90 the other today... got HC Book #1 at the library today... taking it away with me this weekend... hoping to have more dreams about being chased by zombies...
I CANNOT WAIT for you to get hooked and update us ok your progress! It'll be awesome to watch you get consumed with enthusiasm and zombie bloodlust![/b]
Hooked? Yeah, I guess you could say I've gotten hooked... or maybe better said OBSESSED... never in a million years did I think I'd be as into this book as I am... usually I just go for the books with super-heroics, but I'm like a 14 year old girl with Bieber-fever for this book... I've read the first 36 issues... I won't go into any real detail here since I'm such a late-comer and you've all heard it before, but Michonne getting her revenge on the Governor... Damn that was awesome... Rick going back to shoot Shane... Carol slowly unraveling... Glenn getting the girl... all great stuff... Wish I'd picked this book sooner...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,366
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ANIMEAvenger
ANIMEAvenger
New Krypton!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star