Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 45 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/27/24 08:36 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
Re: Marvel's X-verse
#507376 02/19/12 11:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
totes agree. A refreshing comic.

#507377 02/19/12 12:26 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Power Boy:

oh and we find out where Polaris and Havok are going to be in the Wolvie vs. Cyclops X-Universe.
I can't wait to see how Lorna and Alex are incorporated into X-Factor. That pair working for/with a detective agency isn't the most obvious of developments.

Though after their time in space, more 'down to earth' work might be something they'd choose. Little do they know how far afield X-Factor is of that!

#507378 02/19/12 05:12 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Agree 100% on Wolvie & X-Men! Utterly fantastic comic, the best X-comic in possibly 15 years. Highly recommended to the lapsed X-fan, which is what I was when I bought #1.

Actually, most of the 'main team' titles have been really good since this last relaunch: Legacy, Uncanny and adjectiveless! I'm really enjoying all four as they all have a very distinct identity.

#507379 02/19/12 11:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Agreed on Wolverine and the X-Men. That's some good, fun readin'!

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#507380 02/22/12 02:04 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
BTW, I read #5 and the moments Todd mentions above--especially the shrunken student body within the Toad's body--were as awesome as they sound!

My favorite moment might be at the end when Kid Gladiator shrinks himself to travel into a certain somewhat and battle a certain somewhats. That moment clicked for me and hereafter, I offically like Kid Gladiator!

Love how Iceman is shining so far, even in the quieter scenes. And my favorite of them all might be Quentin, who I'm glad to see back at the forefront. Aaron has a good handle on making him antagonistic but also enjoyable.

#507381 02/22/12 02:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I LOVE KID GLADIATOR.

<--- duh. laugh In Fact, I love Kid Omega, Genesis, and even the addition of Krakoa ...

and I really enjoy Ice Man being written as ... 'necessary' and 'adult'. Also, really enjoying Rachel Grey's portrayal as a *supporting character*. It's cool to see her beyond the Phoenix and being wanted by everyone.

The book is really well rounded, it has a maturity but lots of cute/wacky moments for younger readers ... as well as action ... (and what has been missing from the X-Men for quite some time under the rule of Nazi Cyclops) ... camaraderie. I like my X-Men acting like family, or at least friends.

#507382 02/24/12 04:28 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#507383 02/24/12 04:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I just broke in half.

#507384 02/24/12 05:03 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Saw that earlier. Logged off the Internet so it wouldn't ruin my Friday.

(The X books FINALLY started being good across the board again...)

#507385 02/24/12 05:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If ever anything made me instantly wanna throw my dining table through a window ...... mad

aww mannnnnnn

Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

(The X books FINALLY started being good across the board again...)
what CK said ....

I love his Powers series, but the Avengers has been ........ I can't even come up with a metaphor ... 'something about road kill' ...

I will belay my million frantic questions about Aaron and Rick Remender's future involvement.

<---- *curses* *shakes fist at the sky*

#507386 02/24/12 06:06 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
He's a good, even great, writer. But he needs to move on from this 'architect of Marvel' / writer of superhero teams that in actuality encompass entire populations of the MU. It went from exciting to tiresome to annoying. He needs to take a step back again.

I can already see 'X-Men' meaning all mutants, a few humans, a couple aliens and Maria Hill. I'm already exhausted by that lack of focus in the other segment of the MU.

#507387 02/24/12 08:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Turns out...Luke Cage was really a mutant.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#507388 02/24/12 09:30 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Spidey joins the X-Men.

#507389 02/24/12 09:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Squirrel Girl has slept with Prof X...and Cyclops.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#507390 03/01/12 09:16 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
NEW MUTANTS #38-- wow, an update on a New Mutants character that I've seldom seen requested to be featured... Birdbrain!

The story's actually pretty entertaining, with the team traveling to the Ani-mator's island in a nice little entry in the adventuring-into-the-unknown field.

There's a pretty fun, if somewhat self-referential, discussion about the team's status as 'clean-up' squad, and how they interpret that towards their own ends.

There's starting to be a little too much 'who likes who' in the romantic sense. One of the couple just needs to pull the trigger already. When everybody's up in the air, it's a bit... desperate. IMO.

Not as fun as last month, but a good read.

#507391 03/01/12 09:22 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #6. Continues the goodness. I loved son-of-Krakoa's giant eye forming out of the ground. There's beginnings of how fun and unique this character could be. I hope he's allowed to be around for awhile to see that happen.

Likewise for the character most in peril this issue- and I don't mean the one running around with a micro-brood in her belly.

I'm thinking of Broo, the endearing brood with a difference, that's been captured by the big bruiser who's using brood soldiers as his cover. Cover for what, we don't yet know.

Wolvie and Quentin are off in space- their story's fun, but I frankly wanted the panel for the students and faculty left back at the school. The LEGACY title now features some of them; I haven't yet adjusted my thinking to remember that. But don't Wolverine and QQ have a mini-series of their own currently seing print? It seems a little overkill, to me. Like that's ever stopped Marvel and X-publishing.

#507392 03/08/12 08:45 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just read the AWESOME Wolverine and the X-Men #6!!!!

Loved it, it harked back to the famous solo issue of Uncanny X-Men where Kitty faces a brood beast ... (I think this one)

[Linked Image]

If you aren't in love with Kitty Pryde read the above issue and you will be. (Also, there is a similar style issue with Psylocke and Sabretooth when Psylocke first joins that is not as great but still very good)

Anyway, Issue #6 had it all ... homages, wacky hijinks, action, and an escalation of the stakes ....

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Kid Gladiator is taken over by the Brood! egad. and a mega brood mysterious type. is he brood ? </span></span>

(and i was expecting this to be the end of the story arc, usually i don't like drawn out stories but this one has me wanting to stay on the ride longer!)

#507393 03/08/12 08:48 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Aaron please don't leave Wolvie and the X-Men ! Who woulda thought the writer of Scalped could do such a great super hero comic ?? BouncingBoy

#507394 03/28/12 08:58 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The art on X-Force lately has really impacted on my enjoying (or even understanding) the title.

Anyone else have that problem?

The New Mutants Ani-Mator storyline took a creepy turn with the disease-as-means-of-acquiring-immortality thing. And more merging everyone into a big ugly blob. I really don't like that little plot point that comic book creators use every now and then. If they have to merge, why not use the Composite Superman model, instead? I mean- readers know who/what that is when they read or see the image, don't they? Even across generations, I think. Lord know the amorphous blobs won't be remembered years later.

Warlock's a pill. His narration makes the issues. Though, I wish 2 issues ended the storyline. I think I've got all I want from it. Time to move on.

X-Men Legacy had a nice ending twist I didn't see coming with three characters with similar powers becoming a cliffhanger. Earlier, Cannonball and Rogue had a nice scene (though the Southern speak was pretty heavy-handed... or would that be heavy-tongued?). The issue features the guest-star turns of Mimic and that guy that killed, or seemed to kill, Alpha Flight a few years ago.

#507395 03/30/12 09:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just read the best X-Men comic since Joss Whedon's days on Astonishing, In fact it was better than Whedon's.

Even Claremont, the baby daddy of the X-Men would have a hard time getting the X-Men so right !!!!!

Wolverine and the X-Men is ludicrously good.

#7 has it all, funny, homages, twists, violence, action, huge character development ...

oh shit Peebs the all art boy .... didn't even talk about the art yet ?!??! THAT'S HOW GOOD THE F-ING STORY IS!! (the art is good too laugh )

I think I have a headache from how good it was.

#507396 03/31/12 07:52 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
The art on X-Force lately has really impacted on my enjoying (or even understanding) the title.

Anyone else have that problem?

mmm yeah, the guy does his own art and then the color art is separate but something needs to change. His penciling is pretty good, a bit wonky sometimes but overall it has a lot of energy like Rick Leonardi's and the composition of his panels are good.

but somewhere it gets really really muddy.

So, I think he needs an inker to polish up his figures and line weights ... AND they need to ditch the all sepia all the time color artist!

There's a huge depth problem throughout the book with everything in a panel being given the same weight or emphasis. The focal characters of the panel look the same depth as the backgrounds ...

All of these problems together result in a big flat piece of mud.

which is a shame because, like I said, his figures, pencilling, and breakdowns seem pretty damn good.

------------------------------------------

But I digress .....

Everyone should be reading and talking about

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN

... especially those people over in the All Avengers thread talking about those has been Avengers! wink

#507397 03/31/12 08:04 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Your mind was so blown, your review blew *my* mind! Can't wait to read it!

Ps - I've also fallen out of love with X-Force. I can't get over the art and AoA Kurt isn't doing it for me--I want real Kurt. But it was the non-ending of the Dark Angel Saga that left ms feeling a little Hohn and dry. It was this awesome story but I felt Remender just didn't deliver on the ending. I'm a huge Warren fan but the story dictated something a little firmer for his resolution.

#507398 03/31/12 10:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I actually like Wolverine in this book. I'm not sure I've ever really liked Wolverine ... ever .... he had some nice moments of friendship and mentoring in the Claremont era with Storm, Kitty, Rogue etc. But as a character I'm not sure I've ever heard a believable voice come from him off the page .... before now!

#507399 04/04/12 12:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wolverine and the X-Men #8

I thought 7 would be hard to follow but .... 8 was great ... some plot lines are coming full circle and some plot lines are done in one or two issues . ..

even in a great issue there is one thing that stands out as delightfully SCREAM WORTHY!!!

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">LETTER COLUMN ANSWERED BY BROO !!! just like in the old days (Claremont Smith to Romita era) where an X-Man would answer the letters each month in their own personality !! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Would've loved an image of Broo opening letters like they had in the old days.

and Wolverine in a wheelchair bwahahahaha ... </span></span>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Last issue when Wolvie said he wanted to write Professor X a letter apologizing for how annoying he used to be was so perfect … it explains why he's invested in kid omega and how much Wolvie has grown since the early days …

last issue I totally fell in love with Broo who before I thought was boring and a one note copy of the beast </span></span>

Kid Gladiator and Warbird continue to provide laughs.

It's madness how good this comic is.

bachalo is a little less good than the bradshaw on art (IMO)but a good colorist has made bachalo less confusing than usual ... and bachalo is not poorly suited for this wacky+aliens+action book!

#507400 04/04/12 01:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I also gave Avengers versus X-Men a try:

shrug It's drawn by John Romita Jr. It's quite light and quick to read through.

there's more drama about Hope being the new Phoenix avatar ... but the more I think about her the more I'm not convinced ... I mean she duplicates powers so maybe she's just duplicating the Phoenix force ... dosn't necessarily mean she's the only new avatar.

Anyhoo ... there's all this drama about the Phoenix returning to Earth ... to destroy and find an avatar ... and the last time it was here Jean Grey killed herself to stop it ... more dire warnings and pearl clutching.

I guess the Avengers and the X-Men haven't been keeping up with their comic books and the last five times the Phoenix has returned to Earth!!!

I mean what telepath hasn't been an avatar for the Phoenix at this point? Dr. Druid? maybe?

Cyclops wants to use the Phoenix force to restore mutant kind to prominence in true super villain fashion ... even though like ALL the X-Men stories for Claremont's entire first 32 year run were about NOT using your powers as a bully.

... and then at the end of the issue everybody fights.

I confess part of the appeal of this book is seeing a bunch of despicable characters beat the tar out of each other.

Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,962
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nick Vinson
Nick Vinson
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star