Roll Call
0 members (), 45 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:38 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:28 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23
Re: Marvel's X-verse
#507401 04/05/12 07:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
TOTES glad I bypassed that at the CBS Weds. I *almost* gave in and got it. Hmm. Must try to find Wolvie and X-Men 7-8 on the shelf then wait for a trade of 1-6! Marvel does 6 issue trades, right?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#507402 04/06/12 07:47 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Although still an entertaining comic, I was a little less impressed with #8 than with the rest of the run. I thought it was a little too soon to revisit the gambling world. That well ain't deep enough to keep dippin' the pail in this often this soon.

Unlike the very disturbing Helltyke Club.

One thing I don't get- Angel *did* heal mutants, and only mutants, for awhile. It makes sense that he wouldn't remember how, but everyone else? Why?

#507403 04/06/12 07:57 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
New Mutants ends their Paradise Island/ Ani-Mator storyline in a satisfactory manner. There was some semi-fascinating internal dialogue between the two halves of Douglock.

Once separated Doug gets a new pet, of sorts. Though not one he can take home with him.

Was anyone else creeped out a bit by the concluding therapist scene? I'm not sure that was intentional. I hope DNA keep Doug grounded as his intelligence continues to expand.

#507404 04/07/12 05:21 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I was actually considering if I wanted to keep going on X-Men: Legacy, and then in the latest issue, Chamber, who I've always been ambivalent about, gives a quick speech about love that is one of the best things I've read in an age. That enough reaffirmed this is a series I want to keep reading.

#507405 04/09/12 06:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Power Boy:
I also gave Avengers versus X-Men a try:

shrug It's drawn by John Romita Jr. It's quite light and quick to read through.

there's more drama about Hope being the new Phoenix avatar ... but the more I think about her the more I'm not convinced ... I mean she duplicates powers so maybe she's just duplicating the Phoenix force ... dosn't necessarily mean she's the only new avatar.

Anyhoo ... there's all this drama about the Phoenix returning to Earth ... to destroy and find an avatar ... and the last time it was here Jean Grey killed herself to stop it ... more dire warnings and pearl clutching.

I guess the Avengers and the X-Men haven't been keeping up with their comic books and the last five times the Phoenix has returned to Earth!!!

I mean what telepath hasn't been an avatar for the Phoenix at this point? Dr. Druid? maybe?

Cyclops wants to use the Phoenix force to restore mutant kind to prominence in true super villain fashion ... even though like ALL the X-Men stories for Claremont's entire first 32 year run were about NOT using your powers as a bully.

... and then at the end of the issue everybody fights.

I confess part of the appeal of this book is seeing a bunch of despicable characters beat the tar out of each other.
The premise of this conflict really continues to baffle me since ... we already have a Phoenix on Earth ... in the form of Rachel Grey and another Omega level mutant Kid Omega ... that no one seems to be worried about.

Also, didn't Wanda just vow to restore all the mutants powers ... or did i miss an issue of Young Avengers ? If wanda's going around restoring the mutants ... that kinda blows a hole in Cyclops major reason for wanting the Phoenix force to himself. (besides him being creepy )

#507406 04/09/12 06:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Although still an entertaining comic, I was a little less impressed with #8 than with the rest of the run. I thought it was a little too soon to revisit the gambling world. That well ain't deep enough to keep dippin' the pail in this often this soon.

Unlike the very disturbing Helltyke Club.

One thing I don't get- Angel *did* heal mutants, and only mutants, for awhile. It makes sense that he wouldn't remember how, but everyone else? Why?
I wasn't so glad to see the gambling world again but I am glad they seem to have wrapped it up ...
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">and giving Wolverine the use of his legs! I find the wacky comaprisons between him and Prof. Xavier hilarious. </span></span>

I am excited to see the HellTykes verus the students ! laugh

In issue 7 (or 8) I loved how Kid Gladiator ... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">didn't want to be cured of his brood state! "I look awesome!!" haha, and I also like him seeing Evan in battle and gaining soem respect .. maybe he won't be such a bully to him now </span></span>

#507407 04/09/12 10:19 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Hee-hee! That make me chuckle, too. Kid Gladiator is so bombastic it's kind of cute. He, Broo, Kid Apocalypse, Quentin Quire and Krakoa (who really ought to get his own name...) are the most bizarre team- it's beautiful!

#507408 04/19/12 02:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was quite shocked to find Wolverine and the X-Men sold out today! It's been some time since I haven't been able to get X anything!

#507409 04/20/12 01:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Picked up Uncanny X-Force today ... it's getting a bit messy. I think I'll keep getting it because it is sensationalist and the art is ok, and there's action BUT ... I don't really have anything nice to say about the characters or the maze of plots ... so I'll stop reviewing it in depth.

really not liking where they have been taking Betsy ...

and the fight between Nightcrawler II and Iceman II was melodramatic.

I'm losing faith quickly ... If I keep getting it, it's because it's a guilty pleasure not because I'm taking it seriously.

#507410 04/24/12 02:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Finally got Wolverine #9.

This is the worst of the entire run but, still good. it's an Avengers vs. X-Men tie in. I would bet good money it's the best tie in of the whole event.

It begins with <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a bunch of wacky aliens betting on which planets the Phoenix force is going to eat next …. betting on Earth. laugh </span></span>

... and we get some friendship between Hank and Logan.

One thing that confused me was, It seems like this is another Warbird character. and that 'Warbird' is a class of Sh'iar warrior.

we get some fun Kid Gladiator scenes, and some Idie and Wolverine character development. Even the Toad gets a sweet scene!

Anyway, lots of "The Pheonix is coming ... The Phoenix is coming". The issue really suffers for it and I wish Aaron got to just do whatever else he would get to do.

One more fun thing:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Daddy Gladiator is coming with a bunch of 'death commandos' to stop the Pheonix force and/or rescue Kid Gladiator … which I don't think KG is gonna like. Besides I would put Gladiator near the Pheonix force in power level ? shrug </span></span>

One thing I really don't get is why Rachel Grey just dosn't grab the Phoenix force ... "I knew I left that somewhere!"

The whole event is shrugworthy shrug and puzzeling
confused

#507411 05/04/12 08:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This might be a little off topic, but did anyone ever notice how many students the Xavier Institute had?

And the fact that most of them are dead kind of puts the Titans deathrate to shame.

#507412 05/22/12 02:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Northstar proposes to boyfriend:

http://majorspoilers.com/2012/05/22/northstar-proposes-to-his-boyfriend-in-astonishing-x-men-50/

The big two seem to have their events in synch ... maybe they have moles at each others office ... or it's like a coke-pepsi conspiracy!

#507413 05/22/12 02:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The preview pages are really cute.

#507414 05/22/12 04:21 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
DC better step up and have Thomas Wayne marry Jor-El!

#507415 05/24/12 06:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Unfortunately, I'm only reading the Avengers vs X-Men so I'm missing most of the story.
sigh

Who is Rachel Grey?
I know who Rachel Summers is, or was.
Isn't she Scott's and Jean's daughter from another universe or something?

Who's daughter is Hope, anyway?
frown

I still like the characters and I'm not burnt out on the Phoenix.
Anyway, I find that I like Hope.
Is her power like Duplicate Boys or like Nemisis Kids?

Finally, given Wanda's current history, I don't think that I would trust her to 'fix' mutantkind, either.
So, Scott makes perfect sense to me.
shrug
If I were a mutant

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#507416 05/24/12 07:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Rachel Grey is Rachel Grey Summers.

She's Scott and Jean's daughter from a parallel universe, the Days of Future Past storyline.

We don't know who Hope's parents are, but Cable was a surrogate father to her.

Hope can manifest the power of any mutant on the planet, I believe.

I'm not reading the story, but I don't think Scott's in any position to judge anyone. I mean, considering he left his wife and baby son without even stopping to think about it when his dead ex-girlfriend came back.

#507417 05/26/12 05:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
yeah, somewhere along the way she got called Rachel Grey instead of Rachel Summers ... now I think it's interchangeable. She changed her name to honor her mother...and rejoined the X-Men and took the name Marvel Girl, and also because Cyclops was starting his Emma Frost thing ...

Hope is a random, she is supposedly the daughter of someone in Alaska, a regular human ... though it may come out later she is the child of someone well known.

Anyway, she is the first new mutant birth after the Scarlet Witch decimated the mutant population ... including the potential for mutants to be born.

she was sent into the future under Cable's supervision to protect and train her. now she's back ... a teenager ... and has the ability to find 'new' mutants as the mutant population seems to be bouncing back.

she is the latest line in Phoenix avatars apparently ... she has the power to mimic powers. more like duplicate boys but she uses it rarely ...

#507418 05/26/12 05:58 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

I'm not reading the story, but I don't think Scott's in any position to judge anyone. I mean, considering he left his wife and baby son without even stopping to think about it when his dead ex-girlfriend came back.
A lot of people felt this way, that's why they had to make her evil ... also ... he's not doing too hot lately, I consider his X-Men team villains. considering part of his motivation for having Hope is that she's a big weapon.

When Wolverine says you're crazy ... you know you're crazy. wink

#507419 06/11/12 08:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The latest Avenegrs vs. X-Men was so ridiculous I'm not buying it any more even for laughs ...

Not only did Marvel already do the Power Rangers thing already, it was so recent.

Wonder how long it will be before the 'Hammers' meet the 'Pheonixs'

(who are all bad guys buy the way, demonic Illyana, Juggernaut Colossus, Emma Frost, Namor, and Cyclops)

are the Hammers still around ?

someone please help Marvel ... and let Aaron take Wolverine and the X-Men to a pocket universe.

#507420 06/13/12 01:41 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Okay, according to Bleeding Cool, you can all breathe easy. Jason Aaron is staying on Wolverine & the X-Men. Bendis is taking over Uncanny, though, and will also have a second book, probably a relaunched X-Men.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#507421 06/13/12 02:24 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Oooh boy. Just when the X-books had gotten really good. Well, good news on the Aaron W&tXM, which is the highlight of the group.

I've really enjoyed Gillen's Uncanny X-Men, but he's headed over to Iron Man, which is in desperate need for a strong writer, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. As long as he stays on the fantastic Journey into Mystery.

The current X-Men title isn't bad but I wouldn't mind a change.

One thing interests me. When Bendis took over the Avengers series, he was "hot". Meaning, there was some real buzz, so deserved or not, the titles sold well. I'm curious if Bendis has 'cooled' by now? Every writer does eventually, and their work is left standing as the only draw. This change for Bendis might be the jumping off period for his readers if he's cooled.

#507422 06/13/12 05:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think everyone is 'on' to Bendis ... meaning everyone knows what books he writes well and what books he's ... just f-ed it up on. Even my friends that aren't that into comics are like ... Powers is awesome ... avengers sucks.

so I don't know what's going on ...

#507423 06/13/12 05:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

The current X-Men title isn't bad but I wouldn't mind a change.

How awesome would they be if the titles were unfettered?!?!?!

I would love for Aaron to 'run with the ball'.

#507424 06/13/12 06:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Okay, according to Bleeding Cool, you can all breathe easy. Jason Aaron is staying on Wolverine & the X-Men. Bendis is taking over Uncanny, though, and will also have a second book, probably a relaunched X-Men.
... even Aaron can't rescue me from my despair ...

:C ... frown

The X-Men are beyond repair! ... off to the Overreacting thread am I ...

#507425 06/13/12 06:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
ie: The latest X-Men Legacy where Kitty Pryde was made a big deal of ... and then phased through Tony Stark to take him out ... and then of course ... Iron Man trumps all ...

here's a letter to Marvel:

Don't give Kitty Pryde two pages of lead up ... just to have her be trumped by the be all end all Iron Man.

Nobody likes a "Deus ex machina" ...

Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,961
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Pariscub
Pariscub
Edinburgh, Scotland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star