Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/26/24 06:57 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Create Your Own Team: ALL NEW MIGHTY UNCANNY AVENGERS
Set #815143 07/23/14 03:47 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Los Vengadores!

Firebird, Living Lightning, Silverclaw, Sunspot, White Tiger, Reptil, Spider Girl (Anya), Victor la Mancha

Four guys, four gals. No Power Man, 'cause I don't really get him yet, and no Miss America Chavez, because I love her too much to want to see her on a team this size.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Power Boy #815146 07/23/14 04:54 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Vision - harking back to his attempt to control the world, the vision is the comms link to all Uncanny Avengers activities across the globe. He's omnipresent at their various bases, solidifying into hard light when need be. His global reach makes a lot of people very nervous. Vision is Panther's way of keeping tabs on the Scarlet Witch.

Captain Britain - Brian is quite simple, embodying the ideals of an empire without actually having had to live on the other side of one. Things constantly happen around him on a huge scale, and he's rarely in control of any of it. He's the reader's every-man.

Panther - Provides tech and intelligence. Can also provide secure HQs in his homeland and less secure embassies elsewhere. Aligned against the Illuminati and other groups while quite happy to be an unelected monarch. This is the team he's putting together to topple the other groups if necessary.

Storm - No idea if she's still married to Panther. Tension either way, and she's one of the best leaders of the X-Men. She could easily hold her own against the personalities in either Illuminati/X-Men/Avengers camps.

Sunfire - Bold, brash and opinionated. Perfect to stir things up to see what way the other groups will jump.

Rescue Pepper Potts is sold on the idea of a global team that looks to reduce conflict. Panther enjoys watching Stark squirm a bit too, no doubt. The logistical brain behind the team.

Stature Guaranteeing guest appearances form Wonder Man Hank Pym and her dad, Cassandra's back form the grave with her size alteration powers still there, but with an odd ionic flourish.

Speed Super speedtster with links to both Avengers and mutants. Without the personality of Quicksilver too. Young and idealistic enough to believe in Panther's goals.

Dark Star (used to transport mission teams)& Princess of Clouds (her death was merely a light projection) would join a little later as the group expands its role. The Wasp would be a key secret ally to the team.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #815147 07/23/14 04:57 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
I don't really care for the idea of the Uncanny Avengers since it further pushes the brand dilution of the two franchises involved, but if I HAD to make one, it would be:

Captain America
Scarlet Witch
Havok
Angel
Wasp
Ant-Man(Hank Pym)
Storm
Kitty Pryde

Last edited by Nostalgia Lad; 03/01/15 10:21 AM.

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Power Boy #815148 07/23/14 05:00 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I'd agree on Kitty Pryde who only didn't make my team as I was trying to steer away form people working at the academy in whatever the current character shuffle is.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #815182 07/23/14 07:12 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I hate Firebird. Her flighty sort of mystical flame powers.

Firestar is much more likeable to me.

Rscue sounds interesting, I never read a book with her in it but I remember the cover of the comic.

Power Boy #815216 07/24/14 02:46 AM
Deputy
Deputy
1. Scarlet Witch
2. Quicksilver
3. Vision
4. Crystal
5. Wonder Man
6. Beast
7. Angel
8. Ice Man
9. Havok
10. Polaris
11. Captain Marvel(Carol)
12. Banshee

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
Power Boy #829950 11/30/14 10:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Here's a picture I shopped of a All New Doom Patrol. [Linked Image]

Original Doom Patrol members, The Chief, Robot Man, Negative Man and Elasti-Girl. With later member Beast Boy, add in 3 more Arnold Drake creations Deadman, Stanley and his Monster. Then 2 more with Man-Bat and Element-Woman.

Last edited by Lone Wolf Legionnaire; 12/30/14 03:00 AM.

But they won't.
Power Boy #830008 12/01/14 04:13 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
In the letter cols of Morrison's run of Doom Patrol, you got the usual comparisons to older DP versions. One writer went so far as suggesting a new member. Bearing in mind that Morrison was planning an issue with Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man, the writer thought that Clayface could make for a reformed villain character.

Fair enough. Fits the bill in a number of ways and membership suggestions weren't unknown in the letters pages of the book.

The editor's response?

"Hey - why not Signal man and the Cluemaster as well? Get with the program." The moment I read that I thought "Mark Waid is a complete $*!$."

While I was finding that quote I noticed that previous editor Bob Greenberger had suggested that Morrison was going for something different to a similar letter of ideas. In that letter were Deadman, J'Emm (and presumably the kid) and Man Bat.

Thanks for allowing me to get that off my chest Lone Wolf. It's irritated me for years.

Re: Create Your Own Team
Power Boy #840792 02/27/15 04:23 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm working on a little thing now:

Justice League "Detroit" after the Martian War.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Zatanna
3. Vixen
4. Captain Comet comes to the rescue during the war and stays on the team.

Then there's a draft:

5. Supergirl

Batgirl refuses

6. John Stewart

Firehawk and Golden Eagle don't make the cut but starts Zatanna on the idea of a farm or training team ... they find and add over the course of the series a Hero Dial wearer and a new Super Chief.

7. Sunburst joins after a Japan adventure.

Others I'd like to make a guest appearance are Ultra and Arak and Valda.

Aquaman and Batman would still be in for issues they were integral to ... such as Batman against Despero.

8. Airwave joins at some point ...

Airwave dies against Amazo ... somebody has to. Maybe some of the kids such as the Hero Dial wearer ... leading to disillusionment ....

Which brings us to the Legends!

So a new Justice League was supposed to come out of Legends but as I think of it now I don't like how it was a cobble of all these worlds together with Blue Beetle, Dr Fate and Captain Marvel. seems like cheating.

So who's around in Legends from the mainstream Universe that would still fit:

1. Guy Gardener ok ... but less annoying
2. Black Canary is back
3. Starman (Will Payton .. might be a bit early for him but I think he'd play the Captain Marvel role great)
4. Wally West shoulda stayed.
5. Vixen shoudla stayed (I know it kinda ruins Suicide Squad at the time but I really didn't like what they did with her anyway ... she's so close to an icon ... the Squad stories just brought her down)
6. Firestorm comes back for a bit before he turns into an elemental. Coincidently as new blood comes in for JLI.
7. Cosmic Boy sticks around.
8. Changeling?

Not sure if JJ and Zee should stick around. We don't have any leader types, except Black Canary would have made a great one. Imagine her punching out Guy instead of Bats.

So it's still a young team which allows for lots of laughs but ... these young guys like flash and changeling are veteran heroes and a bit more iconic and not a cobble of all these other universes.

Then ... I haven't quite got to JLI yet.

I think a new Steel (Hank Haywood III but maybe with some software powers) will be added then. and then Red Star could join (in the opposite fashion to captain atom and rocket red)

That still leaves things pretty open for Fire and Ice to join and stints by Hawkman and Hawkwoman.

I'd like to keep Mr Miracle and all the New Gods separate, they should be on another plane IMO.

Of course we'd lose the grey man stories (unless Zee is around .. maybe for a couple issues) most likely and the new gods stories but i'd be ok with that. they were drawn well but ...

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/27/15 04:27 AM.
Power Boy #840799 02/27/15 07:14 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Power Boy

A JLI team *must* include a few more Global Guardians! (And not just Fire and Ice, who I liked much better as Green Flame, with her mystical illusion creating hot or cold flame, and Icemaiden!)

I'd love to see Dr. Mist (perhaps in a Phantom Stranger-y role, the DCU could use a slightly less morally-suspect non-white master magician than Papa Midnight!) and Tuatara (see into the past *or* future? awesome!), at the minimum, and perhaps Thunderlord and Wild Huntsman.

Power Boy #840828 02/27/15 01:36 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Crumbs, I never got round to posting those little fan plots I did after the last time the JLD came up! Something else else for my to do list. Thanks Trapper Boy!

Power Boy #841114 03/01/15 08:14 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm working on a little thing now:

Justice League "Detroit" after the Martian War.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Zatanna
3. Vixen
4. Captain Comet comes to the rescue during the war and stays on the team.

Then there's a draft:

5. Supergirl

Batgirl refuses

6. John Stewart

Firehawk and Golden Eagle don't make the cut but starts Zatanna on the idea of a farm or training team ... they find and add over the course of the series a Hero Dial wearer and a new Super Chief.

7. Sunburst joins after a Japan adventure.

Others I'd like to make a guest appearance are Ultra and Arak and Valda.

Aquaman and Batman would still be in for issues they were integral to ... such as Batman against Despero.

8. Airwave joins at some point ...

Airwave dies against Amazo ... somebody has to. Maybe some of the kids such as the Hero Dial wearer ... leading to disillusionment ....

Which brings us to the Legends!

So a new Justice League was supposed to come out of Legends but as I think of it now I don't like how it was a cobble of all these worlds together with Blue Beetle, Dr Fate and Captain Marvel. seems like cheating.

So who's around in Legends from the mainstream Universe that would still fit:

1. Guy Gardener ok ... but less annoying
2. Black Canary is back
3. Starman (Will Payton .. might be a bit early for him but I think he'd play the Captain Marvel role great)
4. Wally West shoulda stayed.
5. Vixen shoudla stayed (I know it kinda ruins Suicide Squad at the time but I really didn't like what they did with her anyway ... she's so close to an icon ... the Squad stories just brought her down)
6. Firestorm comes back for a bit before he turns into an elemental. Coincidently as new blood comes in for JLI.
7. Cosmic Boy sticks around.
8. Changeling?

Not sure if JJ and Zee should stick around. We don't have any leader types, except Black Canary would have made a great one. Imagine her punching out Guy instead of Bats.

So it's still a young team which allows for lots of laughs but ... these young guys like flash and changeling are veteran heroes and a bit more iconic and not a cobble of all these other universes.

I think a new Steel (Hank Haywood III but maybe with some software powers) will be added then. and then Red Star could join (in the opposite fashion to captain atom and rocket red)

That still leaves things pretty open for Fire and Ice to join and stints by Hawkman and Hawkwoman.

I'd like to keep Mr Miracle and all the New Gods separate, they should be on another plane IMO.

Of course we'd lose the grey man stories (unless Zee is around .. maybe for a couple issues) most likely and the new gods stories but i'd be ok with that. they were drawn well but ...

ok. SO moving on to a draft of a possible JLI.

Firestorm, Black Canary and Cosmic Boy as well as Changeling of the Legends team all have to go away due to story reasons probably.

JL USA:

Starman - Will Payton is around for a bit more and adds a lot of fire power.
Wally West sticks around but is on the US team, the US loves the Flash
Guy Gardner says (for now)
J'onn J'onzz returns
Zatanna returns
Fire and Ice join

Hawkman and Hawkwoman are still free to come and go.

JLEurope begins with

Katma Tui
Vixen moving over to Europe to be closer to Africa and adventure links there
Steel arrives as the US liaison but I'd give him some computer control powers
Red Star a more known Russian hero is the Russian liaison
Vibe arrives from Mexico or Spain to be their representative
Black Orchid arrives whom I have decided is a French mystery hero

perhaps the armored Golden Eagle is now ready to joint he big team.

It's still possible for Wonder Woman to cameo.

A couple characaters swimming around are Metamorpho and Black Lightning which might be good for either team, and it doesn't get much better than John Stewart and Captain Comet ... so its hard to not put them back in the mix at some point.

Dr Mist might be good for the Europe team until Silver Sorceress gets there, might be a nice dynamic ... them against Dream Slayer.

It would also be cool to add some of the New Guardians when they are free ... Jet Gloss or Ram.

I'm hesitant to add Dr Light, even though I like her, I just prefer characters with their own names ...

Negative Woman might be a good replacement for Red Star at some point.

JLI and JLE churned through a lot of heroes which is exciting but it would be nice to have some method to the madness and more than a robotic martian holding down the fort.

So we might have four super popular characters on each team for 5 years-ish and then 4 to 5 others in and out.

Last edited by Power Boy; 03/01/15 08:15 AM.
Power Boy #841115 03/01/15 08:24 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I guess this is really an exercise in pre crisis continuity with no infinity inc characters, charelton comics, or justice society characters.

That said there's lots of cool international and US folks running around.

Celsius
Tempest

A new Superchief might be cool, or Owlwoman in the JL proper

It's funny how many of the JLA ers ... got the crazy sauce put on them after the satellite era (Firestorm, Red Tornado, Wonder Woman etc.)

Power Boy #841118 03/01/15 08:27 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Vril Dox might be a cool edition after LEGION fell apart. shrug

Lady Quark too ...

My knowledge of the story / continuity is getting messy though.

I like the contemporary idea of having a Legionnaire on the team periodically. Just one, in the tradition of KK and Cosmic Boy vacationing in the past ... or maybe Dev Em ... who is from the past actually IIRC.

Power Boy #841119 03/01/15 08:30 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
ah! I almost forgot ... Atlas the mythical might be a good addition to the JLEurope and a replacement for the noncommittal Wonder Woman.

Power Boy #841120 03/01/15 08:33 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
There was actually a brief Atom after Ray Palmer when he went all micro jungle. Jean Lorings new boyfriend got the Atom's suit. He might be cool to have around for a while but ... maybe he's really amateurish and dies.

Power Boy #841126 03/01/15 09:04 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I also have an inkling of an idea for a new Uncanny X-Men based on Giant Sized X-Men #1

5 - 10 years later ala Kingdome Come.

Storm (Claremont's Galahad and keeper of the Grail) who is still in great shape recreates a team based on the Professor's idea of the second generation of X-Men.

1. Storm
2. Frenzy - a more mature hero, whose villain past is far behind her, who takes Colossus role.
3. Thunderbird 2 (Neil Sharra) who takes Sunfire's role.
4. Miraje - as the team telepath-ish character and also bad ass like Thunderbird 1
5. Red Lotus - in the Nightcrawler role
6. Siryn

And two barely seen characters from the future:

6. Blaze - seems to be able to make weapons out of telekinetic power (or light)
7. Blue - looks like a Nightcrawler relative but with massive teleportation power.

ok so that's 8 instead of 7 but maybe Storm stands back as a mentor figure. But still a cool looking diverse team with varied power abilities and youth. (and low baggage ... most of those characters haven't been originized or character mauled to death.)

Power Boy #841128 03/01/15 09:10 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Blaze and Blue are below ... Blaze is shown in back on a hovercraft and Blue is the blue lady ... they appeared as part of Franklin Richards future X-Men in the crossover Days of Future Present of 1990.

[Linked Image]

I also would like to incorporate Xorn and Darwin, who I find really cool and underused.

Power Boy #841129 03/01/15 09:13 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I guess if its a future team, shadow cat's got to be on it ... I noticed besides Blaze there's not a wolverine analogue ... (unless X23 is on it ... which might work) or ...

Older Shadow Cat could have some sort of Adamantium suit or claws.

By then X-23 would be on the Avengers anyway. (ooo idea!)

Last edited by Power Boy; 03/01/15 09:15 AM.
Power Boy #841136 03/01/15 10:02 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
ah! I almost forgot ... Atlas the mythical might be a good addition to the JLEurope and a replacement for the noncommittal Wonder Woman.

Olympian (with the power of the 50 Argonauts) might make a good mythical / mystical link.

Power Boy #841138 03/01/15 10:13 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I thought of a near future Fantastic Four:

Luna of the Inhumans with perceptual abilities
Amadeus Cho with a giant robot battle suit
Kofi the young horse guy of Power Pack who has all sorts of powers as well as teleportation.
Victor Mancha the magnetism wielding android.

I think it would be fun.

Valentina and Franklin might be around but I think if the team is centered on them it might be a bit stale.

I'm working on a future Avengers team but ... it's taking some chess.

Power Boy #841139 03/01/15 10:21 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Future Avengers:

1. Vance Astro going by Astro and wearing a Captain America type costume.
2. Yellow Jacket - a new one
3. Phobos - grown up and armored with big weapons, the Herc or Ares of the team.
4. Firestar and 5. Iceman as the mutants on the team like Scarlet Witch and Iceman

others I am interested in adding are:

6. Snowbird - she's actually young on the inside in the present.
7. A new spectrum with the gem from the Squadron Supreme's Spectrum
8. a new Captain UK

------------------>

A Future West Coast or Secret Avengers

1. A Space Phantom
2. Kate Bishop
3. Songbird
4. Living Lightning
5. Komodo

Others lying around that might be cool to incorporate are Thundra (I like Thundra) the or a new Uranian, and X23.

I like to stay away from Eternals or Kree etc. because they all seem the same and the Eternals should be above a human level.

Inhuman are ok, they seem more human and are a bit different but with Kree, inhuman, sh'iar and eternal ... they start to have a team of all similar characters.

Power Boy #848601 04/18/15 08:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was thinking of a New Wanderers team, with characters throughout the Multiverse, Time and Space.

Kind of like a DC Exiles/Sliders/Quantum Leap.

1. Supergirl (Pre-Crisis)
2. Kid Flash (Wally West)
3. Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
4. Karate Kid (Val Armorr)
5. Jade
6. Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester Pemberton)

2 Legionnaires, 2 Titans, 2 Infinity, 2 ? New.

But they won't.
Power Boy #851937 05/23/15 09:00 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
2 Young All Stars?

Dyna Mite

and Tsunami? Maybe Flying Fox instead.

Power Boy #851945 05/23/15 09:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Your team's like Avengers Forever!

I had a similar idea I've been working on ... a real DC cross time caper with five members from each era ... but I couldn't decide to make them similar characters or different characters that were original to an era.

Anyway, I'll try for a pass now:

Ancient Egypt:
Nabu
Ancient Hawkman
Ancient Hawkwoman
Blue Beetle of the era
Young Wizard Shazam as a Captain Marvel.

World War II:
Sentinel
Firebrand
Sandman
Spectre
Jay Garrick

1940s
Iron Monroe
Tsunami
Flying Fox
Dyna Mite
Tigress

1950s -60s
Nuklon
Jade
Obsidian
Dr midnight 2
Star Spangled Kid

Late 70s / Early 80s
Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Batman
Green Lantern

Late 80s
Black Canary
Zatanna
Supergirl
Firestorm
Green Arrow

1990 (not really)
Cyborg
Nightwing
Donna Troy
Starfire
Changeling

Martian Manhunter
Ice
Fire
Booster Gold
Dr Light 2

late 2000s
Kyle Rayner
Wally West
Kate Spencer
Kon El
Jack Knight

or something akin to that.

I suppose there are a couple alternate dimensions that are not neccessarily eras that could also be added:

WWII

Phantom Lady
Human Bomb
Doll Man
Black Condor
The Ray

SSSV

Ultra Man
Super Woman
Owl Man
The Ring
Johnny Quick

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,948
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Suddenly Seymour
Suddenly Seymour
Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star