Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/26/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 12:53 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Create Your Own Team - "Legion of Super-Heroes"
#508702 11/14/11 05:58 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My LSH:

1) Kinetix - powerful, versatile AND my favorite. Not letting her go.
2) Gates - no way I'd say no to a teleporter.
3) Brainiac 5 - automatic advantage to any team
4) Saturn Girl - ditto
5) Wildfire - for the power
6) Shikari - knowing where to go can help with any mission
7) Andromeda - I always preferred her to Mon-El or Ultra Boy
8) Sensor Girl - in any combat situation, she could potentially win a whole battle herself...
9) Gear - any enemy that uses tech will fall to him
10) Infectious Lass - and she can take care of any organic enemy
11) Element Lad - preboot Jan made the Legion his home, and was one of the most dedicated members. The Legion needs people like that.
12) Polar Boy - someone else who never lost enthusiasm for the team.
13) Nightwind - always felt she was robbed of her chance on the team
14) Live Wire - Postboot Garth is one of my faves
15) Karate Kid - Legion combat trainer!
16) Chameleon
17) Dragonmage or White Witch
18) Shrinking Violet (Postboot) - grows AND shrinks
19) Kid Quantum II
20) Dreamer - was toying with making her support staff instead of a field agent, though, so I could have more Legionnaires on the team
21) Monstress - I know she doesn't add much, power-wise, but I like her personality and see a role for her as "den mother"
22) XS
23) Umbra - "energy caster with an attitude" sums it up nicely
24) Power Boy - with density control that allows him to phase as well as become more solid!
25) Gravity Kid - a bit redundant given Kinetix, but their powers are varied enough

I threw in the last two because I like the idea of having a gay couple on the team as well.

Create Your Own Team - Secret Six
#508703 11/20/11 11:27 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
How about a new Secret Six?

Starting with a Mockingbird-- I'm leaning towards one of the *original* Six. The ones who were extraordinary but non-meta individuals from the 1960's.

TRICKSTER-- definitely James Jesse, mysteriously back from the dead and straddling the line between good and bad guy. And milking the gray for all its worth.

DUELA-- not the gal who got killed in whatever event it was she was in, but her counterpart on whatever Earth it is this lineup would be inhabiting. She'd be sane with moments of crazy, rather than the other way around. She'd go by Harlequin's Daughter and have a similar attention-grabbing m.o. to her 'mother's', with Trickster as her object of affection. The 'duel' part of Duela's the focus-- as this version is a weapon mistress. With a very liberal definition of weapon.

ALPHA CENTURION-- his memory of ancient Rome is used heavily. Though the most heroic, his sense of entitlement comes into play.

ICICLE-- the younger. Tigress is raising their child, but makes guest appearances as an unoffical secret seventh. Turns out that Mockingbird pays better than villainy and after a disheartening 'rat-out' from old Injustice Society teammates, Cameron's ready to make 'the turn'.

NZAME-- of Gorilla City. Albino ape that can heal. I don't remember if the character was male or female; I'm hoping female. Expected to be the personification of simian good, adolescent Nzame's going through a rebellious phase. A destructive one. In fact, she's been banished from Gorilla City.

TATTOOED MAN-- the new one, but wearing Abel Tarrant's costume. He's just been booted out of his family, his neighborhood and his old team. Yet, somehow, he's not angry about any of it. He's determined to find out who he is and get paid well while doing so.

Create Your Own Team - THE AVENGERS!
#508704 05/04/12 11:34 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
May 2012 THE AVENGERS!!!!

So I did this list last night and I really like it:

1. Wasp - reincarnated in Jocasta's body, she gets all kinds of cyborg powers and looks like a col metallic wasp woman. leader ish.
2. Thor - one of the founders who's not totally evil and/or cray cray.
3. Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers. This team needs a marvel IMO. (replaces another captain ... could be a co leader)
4. Power Man - Luke Cage but let's give him some growing powers from Pym particles! an homage to the original giant Man.
5. Dr. Strange
6. The Sentry - resurrected and good, with no memory of evilness again --- or a new person with the sentry's powers.
7. Nova. He's cool. and flies fast. and deserves his place in THE Marvel team. he's got his own book and stuff sometimes too.
8. Firestar - mostly because she's still nice. (she was on a a cartoon too!)
9. Hulkling - a homage to the hulk. and he's almost ready.
10. Hawkeye 2 - Kate Bishop and she's almost ready.

I like having the team be multigenerational (over the history of the Avengers), and a training ground for over achieving young avengers. (could cause a lot of friction with the other YA's but maybe they get thair own book with a few of these elder Avenegrs as their teachers. Plus ... Hulkling and Hawkeye seem to be two of the more stable ones ... and I liked using them to fill a *homage* gap. I wanted to reference the original and mainstay avengers.

I also think they need a lot of firepower ... hence Sentry, Dr. Strange, suped up Wasp and Ms. Marvel. etc. they ARE supposed to be earth's mightiest heroes!

I think Hank Pym could play a supporting/tech role and Justice/Marvel Boy could be a *teacher* for the new additions and the other YA's. also we get to have him and Firestar together/interact.

Re: Create Your Own Team - THE AVENGERS!
#508705 05/04/12 02:49 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I want to do this one!

1. Thor
2. Scarlet Witch
3. Ms. Marvel
4. Captain America
5. Vision
6. Hank Pym
7. Black Widow
8. Black Panther
9. Firestar (I think she was at her best in Avengers)
10. Iron Man (even though he bores me)

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#508706 05/04/12 06:38 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Peebs, I promise I will post a list here within the next couple days.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#508707 05/05/12 06:40 AM
Okay, here goes...

1. Black Widow - chairwoman

2. Hawkeye - field commander

3. Quasar - one of those characters that's just a nudge away from fulfilling their potential

4. Ant Man - Scott Lang

5. Giant-Man - Hank Pym

6. Vision

7. Crystal

8. Wonder Man

9. She-Hulk

10. Power Princess - yes, moving from Squadron Supreme to Avengers, why not?

#508708 05/05/12 08:50 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
So hard to pick just 10! I'll try to stick to characters who don't generally have their own books, and so wouldn't be over-exposed, or sucked into crossovers.

1) Wonder Man - always consider a second-tier 'tank' behind people like Thor or the Hulk, it's time for him to be the big gun!

2) Beast - Dr. McCoy (no! the other one!) returns to complete the epic bromance with Simon.

3) Hank Pym - who knows what he's calling himself this week, but he's got the goods.

4) The Wasp - reports of her death have been greatly exagerrated!

5) Ms. Marvel - another flying powerhouse, who may not punch at Wonder Man's weight levels, but she's also got energy powers and limited cosmic awareness.

6) Monica Rambeau - 'cause the team totally needs two people who've gone by the name 'Captain Marvel.'

7) U.S. Agent - not the first Captain America, not the best Captain America, but he's got the heart for the job.

8) Human Torch - the original android super-hero and the original Human Torch, Jim Hammond, man out of time, on a team with the completely wrong Captain America, and not afraid to point that out.

9) Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter) - not the only member of this team who is getting annoyed at having to say, 'No, not that one, the other one!'

10) Moondragon - is slumming hanging with a team at this level, and won't hesitate to say so. Expresses frequent regret that someone 'first tier' like Sersi or Thor isn't present 'to do the heavy lifting.' Competing with the departed Dr. Druid for the titles of 'least popular Avenger, ever' and 'most likely to die in a friendly fire incident.' Most annoyingly, she's an Iron Fist level martial artist, a telepath with global mind control abilities able to push her way past Galactus' mental defenses and a telekinetic able to block Thor's hammer, so, to the annoyance of all, she backs up her attitude...

Originally posted by Power Boy:
1. Wasp - reincarnated in Jocasta's body, she gets all kinds of cyborg powers and looks like a col metallic wasp woman. leader ish.
I'd love for an updated Wasp to be able to control a swarm of adamantium robots the size and shape of wasps. In addition to her own powers, which are fine on their own, access to such a secondary power, would jazz her up considerably. Alternately, something Pym's always been able to do, but rarely bothered doing, she can already use Pym particles to enlarge stuff (usually only to grow back to normal size, after she shrinks), *and* she can control swarms of insects. It would be an 'OH YEAH!' moment if, in the middle of an alien invasion or something, she summoned up thousands of wasps or ants or bees and enlarged them to the size of volkswagons and sent her giant insect horde to fight the aliens.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#508709 05/06/12 03:29 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Okay, here goes...

oooo I like that pick! No Sersi though ? I thought for sure her and the Black Knight would be on your team.

#508710 05/06/12 03:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here's mine.

1. Capt. America - Leader

2. Vision

3. Capt Marvel - Monica deserves to be in the team imho.

4. Hercules

5. Hawkeye

6. She Hulk

7. Colossus - The team bruiser

8. Mockingbird - Possible triangle with her, Hawk and Dane. She is attracted to Dane, which drives Clint nuts.

9. Iron Man

10. Black Knight - c'mon, he had to be on my list.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#508711 05/06/12 04:02 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
A lot of muscle there!

Some characters I wanted to incorporate but didn't:

Eros
Captain Marvel 2

and my team isn't diverse enough so I thought about switching out Firestar for Firebird but I don't like her as much as Angelica.

#508712 05/06/12 06:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, there is a lot of power on my team, but I think that the personalities involved are fun. There can also be rotating guests to round out the power sets.

There's a bit of brain power there and leadership as well.

#508713 05/07/12 11:37 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I think it would be fun to see them interact or try to one up each other ... actually now that I think about it, with so much muscle on the team .... their <gasp> personalities might come out more. other aspects at least ... like She Hulk is as smart and organized as a lawyer ... Hercules should be able to fight really well, not just really on his strength ... and Colossus is agile as well as strong ... which no one plays up anymore. he used to do flips in the old Claremont and Cockrum era. also, he's a cool artists ... and farm boy from Russia.

#508714 05/07/12 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Okay, here goes...

oooo I like that pick! No Sersi though ? I thought for sure her and the Black Knight would be on your team.
I love Sersi and Black Knight, but it would be a nigh-impossible challenge to compete with the way Harras wrote them, and plus I think there's no real sense of "unfinished business" with either of them, like I feel there is with Crystal, which is why I did include her.

#508715 05/07/12 07:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm figuring Herc and Colossus would have some bizarre conversations. With Peter just F'ing with him (but coming across totally serious) as much as Herc F's with Peter (with not quite as much luck remaining serious.)

Create Your Own Team - Superhero Police
#508716 06/22/12 03:02 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
June 2012

Lately I've been devouring this comic called 'The Boys'. Its a gory adult story based on the concept of one team - backed by the CIA - that needs to keep all the superheroes in line.

There are parallels with a Checkmate type team, the Authority, and probably many others.

Anyway, the Boys comic is pretty dark and the superheros they take out are pretty nasty, much more so than DC. well ... I don't know.

So .... create a team, I'm gonna stick small, that can police the superhero community.

Wonder Woman's gotta do some time for snapping a neck, and I bet even Superman has accidentally dropped a building on some kittens.

I'll do a DC one now, Marvel might be harder.

----------------------------------------

1. Captain Comet

He's tough enough to take out a lot of the big boys and girls and ... he's human, so maybe he sympathizes with the average joe more.

2. Nightshade

She's worked for the government before, she has all this cool training, and lots of pseudo magical shadow powers. Besides shadows seem pretty durable when going up against Wonder Woman.

3. Black Orchid

She's tough, and is great for espionage. I am assuming she can still change her appearance.

4. Captain Atom

Tough and a company man.

5. Steel (John Irons)

The team needs a smart guy, and he's human too. I'll stick with some sort of combo between his battlesuit and the metal body Steel upgrade by Lex Luthor.

6. Firehawk

Wouldn't it be great if when Firestorm dies the power went to Loraine rather than an all new Firestorm. I would reboot her a bit to make her a scientist. (Although a political character would be cool too) A power upgrade of transmutation would come in handy when dealing with Superman. She could snap her fingers and put him into a kryptonite box!

This crew should be able to take all these anti-heroes and morally ambiguous heroes to task for their crimes. wink

Other characters I considered were:

Tomorrow Woman (II)
A new government created android based off of Ivo's tech.

A Green Lantern like John Stewart

Gypsy
Her whole family and half her teammates have been killed by superhero shenanigans.

Oracle! Would be great as team leader ... or support ... she knows who's been naughty or nice.

A new Dr. Occult was on my mind too.

Re: Create Your Own Team - Superhero Police
#508717 06/22/12 04:58 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think it's difficult to think of a line-up for Marvel because the recent Civil War storyline dealt with those issues in-depth. My team would try to include members from countries other than the US. In the real world, nations exchange security information so I think it would be similar in the comics.

1. Maria Hill- It seems almost obvious that such a team would be overseen by SHIELD.

2. Union Jack- He would a good super-soldier and since all British super-heroes are members of M-16 he would represent Great Britain.

3. War Machine- He is a trusted military man who is much more reliable than Tony Stark. He provides technical assistance and plenty of firepower.

4. Amazon- She is very obscure, but is a decent brick as well as a German citizen. Germany is a very important part of the European Union, and I think they would want a representative.

5. The Beast- They really wanted to get the Hulk, but he was "unavailable" at the time so they begrudgingly agreed to allow the mutant scientist to take part in the team.

6. Sif- I know this seems a bit odd, but I am having a difficult time finding European super-heroes. I intend for this spot to be the "EU leader representative spot", to rotate with the EU leadership. Denmark doesn't appear to have any representatives in the MU, I think it would be appropriate for them to claim an Asgardian as their own.

Reserves/Affiliates: White Cross- The only Swiss super-hero I could find from Marvel. I like Switzerland, and I think as the center of many of Earth's institutions (and banks) it is only natural that they would want some insight into the world of super-heroes.

Snowbird- From my experiences in China, I know that Canada is very active in the international community. While her powers don't work very well outside of Canada, she could provide help with mystical cases.

Captain China- I have no idea if Marvel is aware of the character's existence, but the book is hilarious. I really can't see Russia or China sending people to partake in a team led by American forces (they see themselves as equals to the US), so their own representatives/teams would make appearances when needed.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: Create Your Own Team - Superhero Police
#508718 06/22/12 08:33 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm trying to think of a Marvel one but who's even good at Marvel anymore ...

Create Your Own Team - FF
#508719 08/09/12 05:24 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
IN HONOR OF MIKE ALLRED'S NEW 'FF' OUTING:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/09/fantastic-four-and-ff-confirmed-for-fraction-bagley-and-allred/

I'd say the FF dies and/or gets lost in the negative zone or something and some friends decide to take up the mantel or something.

1. Crystal
That man loving drama queen will be sure to add some wackiness!

2. She Hulk
'cause who dosn't love She Hulk

3. Firelord
'cause he dosn't get along with anybody! and 'space'!

4. Ant-Man Scott Lang
'cause he's a scientist right? and stealthy?

Re: Create Your Own Team - FF
#508720 08/09/12 05:37 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
And for their Frightful Four

1. Kristoff Von Doom (a young version would be better)

2. The Stranger

'cause c'mon .... he's strange. 'He may be a stranger to himself.' haha

3. Mole Man
Bring on the Gigantos!

4. Medusa? (might be funny. maybe she goes amnesiac again or something and thinks she's evil.hence crystal getting the FF together.)

The FF seem to have a lack of female enemies!!!!

#508721 08/09/12 06:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My Fantastic Four:

1) The Black Knight - C'mon, he's a scientist, strategist and leader. Besides being my fave Marvel character.

2) Dazzler - To see what I could do with her.

3) Justice - Cause he needs a break, and then Firestar can be brought in for adventures without upsetting the balance.

4) Mach 1 - The former Beetle and Thunderbolt.

#508722 08/09/12 06:28 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I can already see a Black Knight + Dazzler romance!

and besides ... she's fought Galactus (has she been a herald?) and had inter dimensional adventures! She'd be great for the FF.

Justice does need a break, and something fun to do, I miss the fan boy from the New Warriors. And some space adventures would set him up as the eventual Vance Astro/Major Victory (Is he still supposed to turn into the guy from the Guardians of the Galaxy?) Dane's had all kinds of cross dimensional adventures as well!

#508723 08/09/12 07:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I thought it was somewhat rounded.

...and could there not be some sort of tension between Dane and Ali? Any woman you put on the team would probably fall into that with him...his character almost dictates it.

I think that Justice needs to be advanced past his "I'm in awe/inadequacies" phase, and I think that this team would do that.

Also, having an ex villain on the team would be fun, and Abe was my favorite from the original Thunderbolts.

#508724 08/09/12 07:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
...maybe I will explore this idea when I get back to my Black Knight fanfic.

Create Your Own Team - TITANS WEST (L.A.)
#508725 09/15/12 09:33 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
NEW ROUND: TITANS WEST (L.A.)

1. Power Boy
2. Captain Marvel Jr.
3. Wonder Boy (a Golden Eagle type)
4. Terra III (Atlee)
5. Miss Martian
6. Red Star
7. Flamebird (LEADER!)
8. Tula ( a take on the grumpy Aqua Girl from Kingdom Come OR the daughter of Tsunami and Neptune Perkins!!!)

Maybe they were brought together by Lilith or something.

Re: Create Your Own Team - TITANS WEST (L.A.)
#508726 09/15/12 09:53 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I thought about adding Bushido and Kole, and some others.

for Captain Marvel Jr. I also thought about making him a new version ... Egyptian guy or something. A bit like Osiris. Or maybe Osiris!

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,950
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star