Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:00 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/19/24 07:50 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: FINAL CRISIS (Official Thread)
#510531 11/06/08 07:29 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I liked both Submit and Resist (though I liked Submit better). I'm still not sold on Mr. Terrific's Checkmate involvement, but it wasn't too bad (obligatory Rucka "matureness" aside). Both stories flesh out the Post-Anti-Life world rather well.

#510532 11/12/08 05:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Why do I feel that "Submit" and "Resist" are the ONLY stories we're going to see about the "Post-Anti-Life-Equation" world despite how "important" this is all supposed to be?

Can we say, "a whole crap-load of sound and fury signifying NOTHING?!?!?!?!"

#510533 11/17/08 03:49 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Dan Didio derails FINAL CRISIS plans--editorial interference!!

Per Rich Johnson:
IT'S ARMAGEDDON 2001 ALL OVER AGAIN
A familiar source known collectively as "New York comics industry employees talking in bars" tells me that the last issue of "Final Crisis" is further delayed as it is suffering from serious rewrites. It appears that DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio was unhappy with the way the story concluded and the implications for the DC Universe for a while and had ordered changes from a, naturally, rather unhappy Grant Morrison. Considering this is the way he wrote the pitch for the book.

As a result, creative teams working on a number of spinoff and affected books have also had to stop work while the “Final Crisis” ending is reworked.

Expect more lateness, more annoyance and less likelihood of Grant Morrison doing DCU work in the near future.

#510534 12/04/08 06:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Batman #682 Spoilers

FINAL CRISIS TIE-IN

We find out that they are trying to download Batman's badass psyche and fighting skills into the Lump and a whole bunch of Apokoliptian soldiers created by Mister Symian and Mister Mokkari.

#510535 12/10/08 06:56 PM
Active
Active
Notice the Great Darkness reference in #5? "Six billion eyes!" Heh.

#510536 12/10/08 09:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, so is the guy on the last page supposed to be the new metron, or the new highfather? Somewhere highfather will return. As light must always have dark, dark must always have light. Each is meaningless without the other for contrast.

Which kinda makes Darkside pointless if you think about it.

"I, Darkside, have taken over the world, the universe. All is me, and I am all. The world is me, six billon eyes my flesh...oops, gotta go. Which slave is gonna wipe by butt....dammit, they are all me. I gotta do everything around here!"

Humor aside, if Darkside is everything, then, he becomes good. Think about it, he is "evil", but he is everything. So, evil becomes the norm. Being "good" by our moral standards would be evil in a universe that is Darkside. Therefore, he would no longer be the God of Evil. He would, in fact, become the God of Right. Therefore, his purpose would be moot.

Never really got that about world conquerers. Okay, you've conquered the world. Now what? What new goals are there to pursue other than the constant wary and watchfullness that would be required to prevent assinnation. This would eventually lead to stiltifying paralysis. And in this paralysis, a new order would arise that, in the Darkside case, would be considered evil.

What's the point?

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#510537 12/11/08 01:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Does anyone else think that those sketches of Doc Fate might have something to do with Superman Beyond #2, or is that a red herring?

#510538 12/11/08 03:05 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Okay, so is the guy on the last page supposed to be the new metron, or the new highfather?
Pretty sure Metron is still Metron, sitting there hax0ring Rubik's cubes into Mother Boxes.

Nix Uotan is just the new Monitor, I think, hence why his head is surrounded by *cough* monitor screens. He's the first of the race of Monitors to embrace the power of narrative instead of trying to resist it.

#510539 12/11/08 07:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ergh. Like i say, FC has been okay, but between the delays and the RIP stuff, Grant seems off his game lately, to me anyway.

Something pithy!
#510540 12/11/08 04:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm pretty sure the delays are because of Darkseid cracking time and space around Earth with his fall, like they mentioned in #5. Everything's been so screwy with the shipping, that's probably it. Well, I'll just be happy when Legion of 3 Worlds #1 comes out.

#510541 01/02/09 05:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Final Crisis Secret Files: Sketches

We see...

Mary Marvel, the Justifiers, Captain Adam the Quantum Superman, the Wonder Wagon, Doc Fate, Overman, Overgirl, Mandrakk, Superdemon, Weeja Dell, and Aquaman.

Overman is Karl Kant, who landed in Czechoslovakia in 1938. He turned the tide against the US in the 50s. His Justice League is comprised of Leatherwing, Brunhilde, and Underwater Man, and they fight Uncle Sam and His Freedom Fighters.

Overgirl is not Overman's ACTUAL cousin. She's the only child who survived the experiments the Nazis performed on children using his DNA. Besides some horrible aberration called the Antihuman. It's not surprising that the Nazis would name something the Antihuman and call their Aquaman UNDERWATER MAN, considering their leader was an art school reject.

Mandrakk and Dax Novu are the same person.

Weeja Dell is the Monitor of Earth-6.

Superdemon is the demon Etrigan, sent to Earth from the doomed planet Kamelot, and merged with Jason Blood, the son of a Midwestern preacher. He lives on an Earth described as a "spooky Halloween world where magic and science co-exist".

#510542 01/05/09 08:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So wouldn't the Japanese/asian crew be the Forever People? Sammy Sumo as big bear, etc?

Sorry, i'm not what i would call a stupid person, i get most things with a little explaination, but this work is leaving me cold....and i don't like to say that about Morrison's stuff.

Just saw where there was a Danny the Street DP issue that he wrote but was never published. Maybe i'll get lucky with that being published.

Something pithy!
#510543 01/05/09 09:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
BTW, I did a Secret Files one-shot about Overgirl if anyone's interested, since this is a Final Crisis thread.

And did you mean that Street Lantern story. Yeah, I REALLY wish they'd publish that.

#510544 01/07/09 08:09 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
So wouldn't the Japanese/asian crew be the Forever People? Sammy Sumo as big bear, etc?
I think Grant has said that the Super Young Team is a stand-in for both the Forever People and the Newsboy Legion (remember the Whiz Wagon?). Sonny Sumo, though, would be himself, as he teamed up with the Forever People early on in their series (and could actually use Anti-Life).

#510545 01/07/09 02:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks, Rouge. I didn't know that about them or Sonny. Learn something new every day.

Something pithy!
#510546 01/07/09 09:33 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Does anyone else feel like this is just an extended ELSEWORLDS story?

The DCU's really gonna be reconfigured by this?

It seems so... removed. Distant. Cold.

I thought SECRET INVASION was drawn out...

Hopefully, some good stories will come of it.

#510547 01/09/09 09:15 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think the problem is the way this has been structured. Everything I'm reading seems to point to "Superman: Beyond" being essential to the whole story, both in terms of explaining what's really going on, and introducing the main villain behind everything (who isn't Darkseid, BTW). I just think when Superman and the other voyagers return in FC #7 and there's this huge conflict with Mandrakk displacing the Darkseid plot, alot of people are going to be incredibly confused.

They should have made this 9 or 10 issues and rolled the "Superman: Beyond" stuff into the main stories (keeping the separate artist for the Superman portions).

#510548 01/14/09 03:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just read it. We do indeed get the "final" fate of batman this issue.

I wont spoil it other than to say "redux".

Things are tying together, but a bit of it seems to be a rehash, with familiar scenes redone with different characters tied to the first crisis.

Better, but the book still isn't delivering on the "big new earth" thing.

Something pithy!
#510549 01/14/09 08:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So.... that's what happens to Batman hm? How is that supposed to tie into R.I.P. timing-wise?

This has been happening a lot lately in terms of how plots are written these days, but it only feels like we should be two-thirds through the story rather than almost at the end.

With the "BIG" events happening in this series (Barry Allen, Martian Manhunter, Batman) all those scenes just seem like plotpoints being checked off, lacking real characerization.

#510550 01/15/09 06:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
So.... that's what happens to Batman hm? How is that supposed to tie into R.I.P. timing-wise?
This happens Post "RIP" and at the same time as "Last Rites".

- Batman and Hurt go down in the Helicopter Crash (RIP)
- Batman makes his way back to the Batcave (Last Rites)
- Before he really even gets settled he's called in by the JLA to help investigate Orion's murder (Last Rites)
- While investigating the murder he's captured by Granny Goodness (Final Crisis)
- Simyan and Mokkari use the Lump to try and break Batman and clone him for an army of Super Soldiers (Last Rites)
- Batman, defeats the Lump, frees himself and drives all the potential clones insane (Last Rites & Final Crisis)
- Batman Confronts Darkseid with the same God-Bullet he used to kill Orion. They both appear to kill each other (Final Crisis).

#510551 01/15/09 06:59 PM
Active
Active
I have to say I'm glad I decided to sit this one out (in protest of turning Mary evil, at least she was only possessed but I still don't see the POINT of that entire ordeal)

It just sounds like a series that would have driven me insane, I have a personal pet peeve with comics that are put out monthly but only really work as a whole, if you're putting it out in a serialized format than each section of the serial needs to be strong.

Plus (and of course I'm not reading the book, just summaries, spoilers, and occasional flip through at stores) I don't think any of the "impact events" are working for me, cause I'm still not certain what the stories about.

Long Live the Legion!
#510552 01/16/09 10:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by stephbarton:
I have to say I'm glad I decided to sit this one out (in protest of turning Mary evil, at least she was only possessed but I still don't see the POINT of that entire ordeal)

It just sounds like a series that would have driven me insane, I have a personal pet peeve with comics that are put out monthly but only really work as a whole, if you're putting it out in a serialized format than each section of the serial needs to be strong.

Plus (and of course I'm not reading the book, just summaries, spoilers, and occasional flip through at stores) I don't think any of the "impact events" are working for me, cause I'm still not certain what the stories about.
Well, I could fill a page with the "What it's about" part, but in terms of "event as a whole" writing, this is Grant Morrison we're talking about. I can't think of anything he's written that's not meant to be taken as a whole to get full effect, even before the era of "write to the collection" he was doing complex, interconnected works. I recognise he's a very polarising writer (I personally dig his stuff), but DC should also have known that before they put him on point for this.

#510553 01/16/09 12:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think the RIP storyline is the issue. It was a fine story, but by billing it as a huge event, giving it the RIP title, it's been blown out of proportion. It's not the death of Batman story, it's the lead up to it. Granted, if you don't read FC, you need to think of RIP as the death of Bats.

Now the thunder has been stolen from FC, both in the delay and the marketing of RIP. The two stories are related, but not necessary reading for either one. Anyone reading RIP, skipping FC, and continuing the Batbooks would think Bats died in the RIP finale, like everyone else in the Batbooks (Alfred excepted.) Anyone reading FC and not reading RIP wouldn't be missing anything since the death is in FC.

If FC and RIP had run simultaneously as planned, I don't think there would be as much confusion. Such is the issue with scheduling snafus...

Just spouting off.
#510554 01/16/09 01:05 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Anyone... not reading RIP wouldn't be missing anything
Nice to have that confirmed smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#510555 01/17/09 03:13 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I LOVED every single issue of Seven Soldiers (except for the mondo-disappointing last one.)

I LOVED every single issue of Batman: RIP and most of Morrison's issues leading up to and after it too.

I LIKED the first two or so issues of Final Crisis.

I DISLIKED the next few.

And I've HATED the last couple.

With one issue to go, I'll hold off on giving a final analysis of the book - but six of seven issues in I think it's a huge disappointment.`

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,464
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star