Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 04:29 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your opinion of these Ultimate characters
#512906 07/04/06 09:12 PM
RED-001 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Here's a list of the following characters as seen in Ultimate Spiderman:

Black Cat
Electra
Captain Jeanne De Wolfe
Morbius

Let me tell you that Black Cat and Electra in the 616 universe are foxy looking while their Ultimate counterparts are bad girls,and Jeanne De Wolfe is on the Kingpin's payroll!

Is De Wolfe deceased in the 616 Universe?

Re: Your opinion of these Ultimate characters
#512907 07/07/06 08:53 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Red, De Wolfe is deceased in the 616 universe:

She appeared in the late 1970's Peter Parker: The Spectaculur Spider-Man (which later became just 'The Spectaculur Spider-Man') and continued to appear in the early 1980's. She was one of my Marvel's first female cops, and one of the few cops in the Marvel U that actually thought Spider-Man was a hero at this time (he was still widely considered as the murderer of Norman Osbourne and George Stacey for a few years by now in real life time--not comic book time).

De Wolfe became a fan favorite during this era mainly in the PP:TSS letters page (which is obvious when reading the originals) and they began to play her up more.

Enter an aspiring writer named Peter David, fresh out of the marketing department (or something like that). David came in and wrote what is one of his best stories ever, and which ultimately made his career, 'The Death of Jean De Wolfe'. This is a fine piece of storytelling, but it of course ultimately ends with Jeane De Wolfe being killed. David, believing the death of someone the fans actually cared about would have a far greater impact, was right in that it was a pretty controversial story for its day. Jean De Wolfe has never been seen since of course, after an enjoyable few years as a regular Spidey supporting character.

In U:SM, I like that she's there b/c I like seeing her in any version, despite that its very far from what she once was. It took me a LONG time to get used to the Ultimate MU, with Gwen, De Wolfe, Giant-Man, *cringe* Cap, and others, but I'm used to De Wolfe here.

I like the Black Cat in U:SM too right now, and her reaction to learning Spidey was Peter was so true to her original character.

I really don't like Electra at all in print after Frank Miller's finale for her, even here in the Marvel U.

Haven't read the Morbius story yet.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,250
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Neemers
Neemers
Oregon
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star