Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by rickshaw1 - 05/02/24 08:47 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kara Zor-El's back! anyone else totally loving this?
#512953 10/17/04 12:58 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Well, personaly, I for one truly am! love

I even went so far as to thank Mr. Loeb via email for convincing PTB up at DC to rightfully return her to us all diehard Kara fans too!

I have to say, REALLY LURVE the fact that Post-birthright Kara seems to be older in age then Kal but YET! thanks to the ship's own suspended animation deal has seemed to have kept her visually overall lookin like THE exact same age as to when she left Krypton it seems!

Finally, I really really REALLY LURVE Mr. Micheal Turner's own Supergirl costume design for her to boot!

Whatbout rest of y'all though?

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
Re: Kara Zor-El's back! anyone else totally loving this?
#512954 10/17/04 01:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Have you read Superman/Batman #12 yet?

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#512955 10/17/04 01:39 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Yes i have. (NOT AT ALL 1 BIT HAPPY! i can tell you!) BUT!..

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
H
E
A
D
!
...according to the paticular ish of "WIZARD" mag which had the forthcoming LSV raised Supes Bats arc pic of sorts depicted on it it aparently spills the beans as to what exactly will end up becoming of my eva beloved Kara it seems! (judging by both, WHAT it divulged and the new forthcoming Turner style Supergirl, Kara Zor-El statue being released i'm betting she's DEFINITELY here to stay) So it's all good then! Supergirl

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
#512956 10/17/04 02:01 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
AA- that is a huge relief. I really like the new Kara Zor-El, and decided that I would be pissed if she really was dead again.

*sigh of relief*

#512957 10/17/04 03:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I salute your optimism, AA, and I hope this turns out the way you want.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#512958 10/17/04 06:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I actually rather liked her new costume (though I heard many many complaints from other readers about it).

#512959 10/17/04 09:23 PM
Active
Active
Kara In-Ze would make so much more sense. The ONLY two Kryptonians to survive were from the El bloodline? Feh!

#512960 10/17/04 09:50 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Hmph. I miss the old days, when practically everyone survived Krypton's destruction except Jor-El and Lara!

#512961 10/18/04 01:29 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Having Kara back is just great!

#512962 10/18/04 10:38 AM
Active
Active
I like Kara returns to the livings again.
The Matrix/Angel combo sucks!

I wait a big fight. Kara Vs Andromeda.

From UK with glamour.
#512963 10/18/04 10:43 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Zombie STU:
I actually rather liked her new costume (though I heard many many complaints from other readers about it).
Oh, you mean the fact that the Marvel Family wants all their gold trim back...? wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#512964 10/18/04 11:48 AM
Leader
Leader
Yeah I hope she's back not just as an urn of ashes.

#512965 10/18/04 01:17 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Well i've been kindly told by an insider in buis that our beloved Kara IS indeed back when said and done after current arc is wrapped up with! smile (again, that's what he told me from what "WIZARD" paticular ish in question devulged bout it all) ALSO! i forgot to say too that, not to long ago i actually stumbled upon an online fan question forum hosted at one of the big comic sites that had Mr. Geoff John's HIMSELF as a guest who was answering there. Well, upon further investigation through skiming through ALl questions GUESS WHAT! i actually stumbled onto an enquiry by a poster in paticular that had asked as to wether Mr. Johns be ok with wanting to possibly have Kara make a cameo sometime next year in title, and as to wether he even liked Supergirl, Kara aswell? To my utter delight Mr. Johns answered by saying that he truly lurves Kara, Supergirl and will seriously be looking into having her debut in title down track next year, aye! smile HOW'S THAT!

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
#512966 10/18/04 01:47 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It could be the coolest moment ever in LSH history to see Kara Zor-el and Laurel Gand competing for Brainiac 5's attention.
-chick fight!!!-

You know, it just struck me that for all of B5's supposed love of powerful blondes he wasn't interested in Thunder at all.

#512967 10/18/04 02:11 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
lol! true that too! heheh, Kara would sure give Laurel a REAL run for her money!

Heheh, your right too bout Thunder. (hmmmm...er...maybe she was infact a HE only the rest had no clue bout it cept Brainy! LMAO!)

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
#512968 10/18/04 02:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
No offence, but why do we need yet another Supergirl (the 4th one since Crisis) when back in 1986, they were so happy to get rid of her in Crisis.

As one of the DC characters with the most moving death, I've always felt she should be left in peace.

I didn't mind Matrix or the later Peter David version, as they were different enough, but the S/B version really doesn't do anything for me. Mind you, I don't think that Michael Turner helps liking the story or the character in my opinion. But i'm glad some people like that story. Just not my cup of tea.

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#512969 10/18/04 02:46 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
No offence, but why do we need yet another Supergirl (the 4th one since Crisis) when back in 1986, they were so happy to get rid of her in Crisis.

As one of the DC characters with the most moving death, I've always felt she should be left in peace.
Ok, honeslty, i'd agree. ONLY! Post-CRISIS she WASN'T even remebered for the selfless sacrafice she made! ONLY Barry was and she WASN'T??! THAT'S just NOT ON! IF she was remembered then i'd have been alright to have someone else like say ...Linda Danvers or Ariella take over the mantle because i'd have known that they'd always henceforth return to THE true original Supergirl, Kara Zor-EL being the one from which they now honour. HOWEVER she wasn't AND as such i only think that LEAST PTB (Powers To Be) up at DC can do is give us back at time OUR sole true bearer of Supergirl mantle so that she has a proper chance and paving that legacy which others will remember her by Post-birthright, IMHO. (and THANK GOD they seem to be doing THIS)

I didn't mind Matrix or the later Peter David version, as they were different enough, but the S/B version really doesn't do anything for me. Mind you, I don't think that Michael Turner helps liking the story or the character in my opinion. But i'm glad some people like that story. Just not my cup of tea.
Fair enough. Personaly, i LURVE Mr. Turner's take on Post-birthright Kara ESPECIALLY the sweet as Supergirl costume he came up with for her, aye! smile )

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
#512970 10/18/04 11:40 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
You got a pic of her available to link up? I haven't seen the new costume.

#512971 10/19/04 02:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Actually, I considered the new costume to be the final straw. I mean, I'd rather have the classic Supergirl costume back than this.

WHy on Earth would Ma Kent ever THINK of sewing such a revealing costume for a teenager she's never even met? Is that a proper way to teach her the value that the Kents have taught Kal?

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#512972 10/19/04 05:15 AM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Yellow Kid, does THIS help? wink :

[Linked Image]

Actually, I considered the new costume to be the final straw. I mean, I'd rather have the classic Supergirl costume back than this.
Er...with how exactly do you define classic Supergirl costume? do you mean, blue skirt Silver Age one? FOR REAL?? even within THIS day and age? recon it would work, yeah? smirk

WHy on Earth would Ma Kent ever THINK of sewing such a revealing costume for a teenager she's never even met? Is that a proper way to teach her the value that the Kents have taught Kal?
Well ....Post-birthright Ma Kent i could honestly see her making something like this. (her being less of the old school "MOS" stued (sp?)) HOWEVER! IF it were Ma Pre-birthright ("MOS" incarnation) who'd made THAT ...well, THEN i'd have been worried as a result. For i COULDN'T see her ever making something like THAT! lol!

AA

Look! Up in the sky!
#512973 10/19/04 06:11 AM
Active
Active
Great scan,AA wonder if she does live maybe she'll be used in the new Legion book.

#512974 10/19/04 08:50 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks AA. Yeah that helps a lot! She looks great.
Maybe Kara will do something virtually unheard of in female comic book characters and have more than one outfit hanging in her closet?

Random guy,"Hey, who's the chica?"
other random guy, "That's Supergirl, homey."
Random guy, "How do you know?"
other random guy, "'Cause she lifted our car over her head stupid!"

#512975 10/19/04 09:10 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by ANIMEAvenger:
Er...with how exactly do you define classic Supergirl costume? do you mean, blue skirt Silver Age one? FOR REAL?? even within THIS day and age? recon it would work, yeah? smirk
Well, the Matrix version (with the red skirt) looked good - although she was usually drawn taller than Kara traditionally was.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#512976 10/19/04 11:21 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I didn't like the Huntress with a bare belly, and I don't care for it on SG. These are uniforms, (not costumes, they're work clothes afterall) and they should have some function to them. This latest version is merely going with the trend and for sex appeal. It won't last more than a few years.

As for Kara's actual return, got to say I'm against it. Kara, Barry, and Hal were great deaths, that showed DC would evolve it's characters from time to time. I respected their attitude towards death in comics. Now, two of the three are back, as is a former JSAer.

The lack of finality to anything in comics just reeks of kowtowing. Honestly, DC would have done better to create new characters for a new generation than revive old standards. (I say this as we go into a relaunch, reviving old characters and forsaking more recent ones.) Hal Jordan's revival turned me off of GL, now this one has lost my interest in Supergirl.

Just spouting off.
#512977 10/20/04 01:28 PM
Honorary
OP Offline
Honorary
Valor the M'Onel
Great scan,AA wonder if she does live maybe she'll be used in the new Legion book.
OH YES PLEASE!!!! *crosses fingers tightly and prays to God this comes true*

Yellow Kid
Thanks AA. Yeah that helps a lot! She looks great.
Maybe Kara will do something virtually unheard of in female comic book characters and have more than one outfit hanging in her closet?

Random guy,"Hey, who's the chica?"
other random guy, "That's Supergirl, homey."
Random guy, "How do you know?"
other random guy, "'Cause she lifted our car over her head stupid!"
Hey no probs! wink and yeah! that would be cool to see like on how she did in her original Pre-CRISIS carnation at time. (LMAO on that last part of your post!)

Reboot
Well, the Matrix version (with the red skirt) looked good - although she was usually drawn taller than Kara traditionally was.
AH HA! heheh, NOW i see your point! wink

CJ Taylor
I didn't like the Huntress with a bare belly, and I don't care for it on SG. These are uniforms, (not costumes, they're work clothes afterall) and they should have some function to them. This latest version is merely going with the trend and for sex appeal. It won't last more than a few years.
Well, unlike Helena though Kara's mid drift number works because really, Kara's invunerable! (bullets bounce off her ect..) . She can afford to expose her midrift. Were, as in Helena's case though, well, ...that was just lack of thinking for the artist to do to her (no disrespect mean't at all to Mr. Jim Lee!) I mean, she's basically a highly trained in the arts mere mortal who has chosen stupidly to expose her most vunerable point to the enemy at time in question?? ok...? smirk

please read the following below as to my feelings towards the rest, k. smile :

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, honeslty, i'd agree. ONLY! Post-CRISIS she WASN'T even remebered for the selfless sacrafice she made! ONLY Barry was and she WASN'T??! THAT'S just NOT ON! IF she was remembered then i'd have been alright to have someone else like say ...Linda Danvers or Ariella take over the mantle because i'd have known that they'd always henceforth return to THE true original Supergirl, Kara Zor-EL being the one from which they now honour. HOWEVER she wasn't AND as such i only think that LEAST PTB (Powers To Be) up at DC can do is give us back at time OUR sole true bearer of Supergirl mantle so that she has a proper chance and paving that legacy which others will remember her by Post-birthright, IMHO. (and THANK GOD they seem to be doing THIS)

quote:

Fair enough. Personaly, i LURVE Mr. Turner's take on Post-birthright Kara ESPECIALLY the sweet as Supergirl costume he came up with for her, aye! smile )
AA

Look! Up in the sky!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,085
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star