Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/18/24 10:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/18/24 10:43 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/17/24 09:00 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Uncanny X-Men (Spoilers!)
#513581 08/29/07 12:10 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Am I bumping the wrong thread? I couldn't find another one for Uncanny. Perhaps there should be a 'catch-all' thread for the main three X-titles.

Well, I'm actually loving the current arc. Specifically, the latest issue with the Skids revelation.

I've always loved Skids, and may have had a slight crush on her in an earlier life, so the reveal was quite awesome for me.
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">She is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I hope she joins this team, given its recent decrease in roster!</span></span>

With Havok, Polaris and Rachel out of the picture for a bit (if anyone buys that mini let me know if its good), I'm enjoying Hepzibah sticking around and Caliban showing up. In addition to the person I mentioned in the spoiler joining, I don't mind Hepzibah staying, though Caliban is more a character I prefer on the outskirts.

Warpath is great and I'm enjoying seeing Storm back heavily with the X-Men, as her co-starring role in Black Panther and Fantastic Four mean little since both titles are an absolute failure in quality and content (needless to say, IMO). Nightcrawler and Prof X, while really not doing much right now, are also welcome, and I'm interested in what's next. I wish the Thing could have done more with them in the latest issue however.

In fact, I'm interested in how this relates to the current story in X-Men and the Messiah Complex, given that Magneto is being called for by the Morlocks. I've always liked the Morlocks, particularly Masque b/c he's such an outright bastard of an enemy.

I am glad that with both main teams changing and Astonishing coming to a close with Joss Whedon that we're getting a kind of 'transition phase' in the rosters where we see what the various X-Men are doing, rather than the traditional 'reshuffle' of the last few years where one issue suddenly the rosters are all changed and fixed.

Brubaker is by far Marvel's best writer right now as proven by Cap and Daredevil. This comic isn't quite as good as those comics, but I am enjoying it.

#513582 08/29/07 01:23 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Am I bumping the wrong thread?
Yes.

I couldn't find another one for Uncanny.
No.

Seven-pager = http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000964 smile

I've always loved Skids, and may have had a slight crush on her in an earlier life, so the reveal was quite awesome for me.
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">She is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I hope she joins this team, given its recent decrease in roster!</span></span>
Glossing over the "only good guy to join Apocalypse of her own free will in Blood of Apocalypse" (except Gambit, but...) thing, huh?

I've always liked the Morlocks, particularly Masque b/c he's such an outright bastard of an enemy.
He was also very, very dead...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#513583 08/29/07 01:58 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Ooops laugh Jillikers--how I'm supposed to keep track of two large threads? I could ask a mod to delete our posts and we could redo them in that other one 'Boot, if it'd keep things more in line...

...if not:
So, where and when did Masque die?

Also, completely forgot about Skids in Blood of Apocalypse. Care to summarize? You know you're my encyclopedia for bits of the recent MU that I forget/can't keep track of. Is 'BoA' the Milligan story?

#513584 08/29/07 02:34 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Ooops laugh Jillikers--how I'm supposed to keep track of two large threads? I could ask a mod to delete our posts and we could redo them in that other one 'Boot, if it'd keep things more in line...
The original post'll probably need to be slotted in somewhere, and that's the bigger difficulty. If that's already being done, it shouldn't be harder to add three or four posts than one, provided they can go at the very end (i.e., whatever you do, don't bump the long thread until they're merged). It's pretty much what's described here to a slightly different end.

So, where and when did Masque die?
X-Force #9. Shatterstar kills him on Cable's orders, since they said they'd kill him if he attacked again (plus, he started a fight that got Cannonball killed. Although he, much to his own and their surprise, Got Better soon after). He was run through with two double-bladed swords, thrown up in the air and down again. Lots of blood.

This then leads into all the Morlocks whose appearances were altered by him at some stage going insane (because, with him dead, they start to... degrade) and being taken to another dimension by Mikhail Rasputin.

Also, completely forgot about Skids in Blood of Apocalypse. Care to summarize? You know you're my encyclopedia for bits of the recent MU that I forget/can't keep track of. Is 'BoA' the Milligan story?
Yeah. Polaris and Gazer got forced/brainwashed into being Horsemen, the legless Sunfire changed his mind but, when trying to save the altered Gazer, was bumped right back (he was the first to break free), while Gambit volunteered for the Horsemen treatment. Otherwise, Scalphunter [Marauder], Fever Pitch [Gene Nation] and Skids sided with 'Poccy of their own free will.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,438
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Brody27
Brody27
Tampa, FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star