Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: "House of M"
#514593 04/16/05 04:55 PM
Candidate
Candidate
The coloring is off on a lot of characters because of the reddish lighting -It's just not consistent considering Storm's hair and Moon Knight. I wouldn't be too worried about Black Cat's hair or White Tiger -but the colorist needs to be more consistent. --but it would be funny if the colorist assumed White Tiger was a new more current Wolverine-ish look for X-23 so he colored her that way.

I have a feeling Mags and his kids are going to play a pretty big role in this -just can't decide why they're left off the artwork- but wouldn't the HOUSE OF M -be referring to them?

#514594 04/16/05 05:23 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by G-Man:
I have a feeling Mags and his kids are going to play a pretty big role in this -just can't decide why they're left off the artwork- but wouldn't the HOUSE OF M -be referring to them?
That poster has that "X" frame around it. Maybe there's going to be another poster with Mags and his clan as the opposing side with an "M" frame to compliment this one?

#514595 04/16/05 07:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
that would be cool drake.

coipel does do a great spidey but, i think his work on the legion was the best still. his skinny characters just look way better.

#514596 04/16/05 07:54 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
That's exactly what I thought. And don't forget Crystal-- Quicksilver's on-again/off-again wife. And since The Vision's popped up again (sorta) in YOUNG AVENGERS, he should be included, too.

Then again, since I love ALL of those particular characters, maybe it's a good thing that Bendis and company seem to be ignoring all but Mags and Wanda.

It all seems like a big excuse for several mutant/Magneto centered alternative futures/worlds. Which is all right as far as it goes... but doesn't really explore the 'House of M' as I see it.
Crystal making an appearance would be awesome. I'm personally looking forward to seeing Scarlet Witch!

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#514597 04/22/05 09:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Apparently Spain has decided that Marvel may be guilty of copyright infringement (imagine that) and we may not see published the royal picture of Magneto that was supposed to be the cover to The Pulse: House of M. Story at Newsarama .

#514598 06/04/05 05:21 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#1's out...

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

... and Coipel's art is worth a look. Really nice, IMO. The story's OK-- there's an especially strong Quicksilver/Magneto scene... and an enjoyable Carol Danvers/Falcon one, as well.

However, Prof X doesn't seem like himself. We'll soon see if all the 'crowd scene' characters suffer from complete mischaracterization the way several past Avengers did in DISASSEMBLED.

Otherwise, it's all set-up for what certainly seems to be a 'What If' scenario.

#514599 06/05/05 12:42 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I have to say that I had low expectations and was surprised at how much I like it.

Art was mind-blowingly awesome. 'Nuff said. Well, one more thing: Copiel's Genosha really gets across how terrible the damage was there, something no other artist has done yet.

The Quicksilver/Magento scene was excellent. Pietro finally gettng some characterization is long overdue, and this kind of sets up Magneto's movitations, it appears.

Cap, Ms. Marvel, etc. refusal to kill Wanda was very good and reaffirmed my love of the old Avengers. Wonder Man's stern approach was also perfect.

Emma Frost came across as harsh, but very direct and thoughtful, and believing in what she was saying. Wolverine, sadly, came off as a total asshole.

I want more Wasp and Yellow Jacket smile . Jan did have one good line, at least.

NOW, some speculation:

- My brothers and I were talking, and we considered the idea that Marvel might say Wanda has been manipulating the MU for quite some time on a variety of other things. Therefore, Marvel effectively has a tool to retcon out everything stupid over the last twenty years. They could also end up screwing up a lot of good things.

One thing I've talked about on my Spider-Man thread is the idea that by marrying Peter, Marvel pretty much changed the series drastically, and in a way made Peter irreversably different by having a loving, understanding wife. One change that wouldn't surprise me (actually, it would be mind-blowing, but I'm predicting that it *could* happen) is maybe Wanda did something to give Spidey some happiness, which is why he married MJ? Thus, Spidey might leave House of M without being married anymore? Just a thought.

#514600 06/05/05 01:12 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Dude. This issue... rocked. I too had low expectations but... yeah. Rock.

I even liked Carol Danvers (who I loathe) just 'cause she was such a dick. It was good times. And Emma's harshness and Kitty's youth were both over played but... it still works. As does Wolverine being a jerk. 'Cause... he is. And it's about time someone showed it!

And that last scene... dude -- *sniff!!* Why do comics always have to resurrect the dead?? I guess I shoulda seen it coming with all the Gwen's kids stuff but... yeah. Weirdness.

I'm actually excited now. God help me...

#514601 06/05/05 01:39 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Cali, I also noticed how nicely the Kitty scenes worked. Good to see her and the Professor have a nice moment!

#514602 06/06/05 12:34 AM
Leader
Leader
Yet another one with low expectations (of the writing, not the art) who was pleasently surprised. I wasn't even considering picking it up until I saw all teh good things being said about it on the GLA yahoo group and then having a look at the art. OK so it's mostly set up but even then it has some very nice moments, some good characterisation and just absolutely gorgeous artwork. Coipel (who I've always liked) has come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years. The only critique I'd make is that some of his men have very, very bulky necks even when it doesn't quite suit them (Magneto for example). But he draws gorgeous women and even manages to make Emma Frost's costume look slightly less ridiculous than it is.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#514603 06/06/05 10:18 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
First thing's first -- Coipel's awesome!

The one thing throughout this issue that kept bothering me is that they were so concerned about Wanda's powers to the extent that they debated "putting her down", yet they don't even at least mention using some kind of power dampener. Lord knows we've seen enough of those used throughout X-Men history (Magneto even used tech of that sort against the X-Men), it seemed the most obvious solution to me. Even if they gave some hackneyed reason for why she might be too powerful for one I think it should've been mentioned. (oh, and I don't remember but did that "mutant cure" from "Astonishing X-Men" really work? That's another option too if it does) But that's my peeve...

The rest of the stuff was pretty interesting. Just a lot of talking, but the characterization was pretty good for pretty much all the characters. I'm surprised nobody on the Avengers saw fit to mention a Dark Pheonix parallel between their situations - that certainly would've struck a nerve.

I'm very apprehensive about this whole "altered reality" concept, but I guess I'll give the main mini a shot at least. It strikes me too much as just a means to an end (whatever it is they want the Marvel status quo to be when this thing is done), but hopefully there will be some good character moments within the stories themselves. That's about as much as I'm allowing myself to hope for with this event.

#514604 06/09/05 03:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Guess I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that I had low expections and they more than met them. Olivier's art was great but he still needs a little work on his expressions. And everyone seemed a little chubby in the face, to me. The backgrounds were awesome though. Loved the shots of ruined Geneosha (sp?).

But the story? Come on. It could have been told in less than five pages and we may have gotten some real interaction between the characters and some action. There were a few good moments (Magneto and Xavier, Magneto and Quicksilver) but most of the rest of it fell flat for me. I'll pick up the rest of the mini but I won't touch the tie-ins.

#514605 06/10/05 03:05 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Same here, Scott, but mostly because I want to see what changes come out of it.

Dan
#514606 06/13/05 05:45 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Felt more like a prologue or something that would have been better as a double length first issue, but at least the art was purdy.

And considering this is bascially a Marvel Elseworlds, there was little chance of me staying away. smile

Wayne@OZ
#514607 06/14/05 11:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i loved this but....

kept thinking this must be really boring to the x-men since they've been through this about 5 times (ok i exagerate)with jean. then there's wolvie gambit magneto rogue. all of whom prof x has been an advocate. why would prof x be a drama queen about the scarlet witch?

#514608 06/14/05 06:38 PM
Active
Active
Bad reviews...I liked it. Loved the art. Copiel keeps getting better. I hope he does a fill-in or back-up on the new LSH.
p.p.

#514609 06/19/05 07:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
The backgrounds were awesome though.
Speaking of, I just noticed that in the first shot of Ms. Marvel and Wonder Man on the street you can spot Quicksilver in the background spying on them (as he mentions later in Genosha).

I think Bendis' new mantra has been "It's NOT an Elseworlds!" Apparently some of these changes will be here to stay. Does anyone plan on picking up the related "HoM" minis? I thought about getting the Iron Man one, but the art really really doesn't do it for me. I'll likely just flip through the books in the store and see if any of them interests me.

#514610 06/22/05 12:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"it bunches in front when i summon the elements"

he he

#514611 06/22/05 08:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The Carol Danvers scene was the best thing about the issue. I hope this version makes it into the post-House of M Marvel-- maybe with her book again? At least a spot in one team or another...

Storm/'Janet' was fun...

... not enough 'M' in the House of M#2, though.

#514612 06/22/05 09:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
is robert the sentry? i didn't quite get that scene with stephen strange.

#514613 07/03/05 02:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i only picked up the first 2 issues because of OLIVIER's amazing artwork !! but it seems like it will be quite a cool storyline, i like the fact that the characters have been given their "hearts desires" [ am i correct in that ?? ] btw i haven't actually read them yet, as i have a massive backlog of books to get through ....

Matthew.

#514614 07/03/05 02:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
it's good i like it. but i didn't pick up on the hearts desires bit...

glad the muties are treated well in some alternate reality at least. but the humans seem to be an underdog.

#514615 07/08/05 08:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#3's out... and I find it all underwhelming. Coipel is well-suited to a Wolverine-heavy story, I'll say that for it.

The pacing needs to be picked up about three notches.

Still no 'M' or family in the House of M.

#514616 07/25/05 09:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just started reading this over the weekend. I was kinda like... whatever. Seriously, did we really, really need yet another series to focus mainly on the oh-so-wonderful Wolverine? I mean, my gawd, how freaking many Wolverine books do we need? And of all people, why is he the one who can remember everything? I mean, wouldn't one of the Marvel U's many telepaths be a better choice?

And what was with the X-Men all ready to murder the Scarlet Witch? I mean, for heaven's sake, she's been a hero for years and years! But then, this IS the same group that was fully prepared to kill Jean Grey in the original Dark Phoenix book...

All I know is that if they end up killing Wanda in the end, I will be very, very not happy...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#514617 08/08/05 07:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, Marvel is really trying to drive me away. This is the list of follow-ups to House of M, revealed at WWC:

House Of M: The Day After One-shot

Generation M Limited Series

X-Men: Deadly Genesis (30th anniversary of the All-New, All-Different X-Men) Limited Series.

Wolverine #36 begins a year-long story arc, “The Quest,” directly out of the events of HoM

Son of M Limited Series

Son of M? Sounds like a bad horror movie sequel. And the worst? This cover for House of M: The Day After is just tacky.

click to enlarge

It will NEVER be okay to mirror an image from 9/11 in a comic that doesn't directly deal with that tragedy (like DC's "9-11: The World's Finest Comic Book Writers & Artists Tell Stories to Remember" or Marvel's "Heroes").

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,182
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
brigort
brigort
PEI, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star