Roll Call
0 members (), 47 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/07/24 06:09 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 05:36 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: "House of M"
#514643 10/13/05 11:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
number 7 came out yesterday it rocks!

i think i sympathize with wanda and pietro a bit tooo much.

#514644 10/14/05 03:35 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
sob sob sob

WHYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????

sob

#514645 10/14/05 03:43 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I see Quesada's point a bit with this, but a few hundred is waaaay too few.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#514646 10/14/05 03:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think JoeQ is right on the mutant thing. It's the reason i stopped reading the x-men books in the mid ninties after buying every book religiously for 10 years.

As to the right number I also agree its too low. But it may be better to be too strict in the beginning and relax the restrictions later. Who needs another half measure that lasts 30 days until the next writer changes it.

I'm gonna miss all my favorites though.

#514647 10/14/05 07:06 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Caliente:
sob sob sob

WHYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????

sob
Oh dear, what did I miss? I forgot to get it.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#514648 10/14/05 07:27 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
there's one more issue....i'm still hopeful.

you are all talking about the ending right?

#514649 10/14/05 08:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Nice art. Some well-written moments. But overall, I just don't like what they're doing with Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. I can see the history they're drawing on-- and I can't really disagree with, the way I do with the way they've portrayed Hank Pym in recent years.

But in order to draw upon the history threads they're using, they've had to ignore, or at the least minimize, other character threads. The ones I prefer, obviously.

I think it's either very telling or very careless on the part of the writer that Pietro's realization of happiness doesn't involve his wife or his daughter.

SON OF M is coming up... I hope it's not as bleak as the cover they've released looks.

The closing words combined with the title of another of 'Post M' titles has me worried about Polaris, Havok, Cannonball, Magma, Sunspot, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Angel, Iceman, Beast, Dani Moonstar and Northstar (though he's got problems enough already...). Those are the X-characters I care about. If a lot of them are gone, I'll drop X-titles the way a bunch of posters here did some time ago.

#514650 10/15/05 12:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well, we know that characters like Richtor, Boom-Boom and M are going to be around (although nobody said that they still have powers did they?). I can't imagine any of the "All-New, All-Different" lineup or the more prominent New Mutants are going to bite it. (but this is the Bendis-verse after all...)

Was the latest issue supposed to be a big shock or something? We've always known it was either Magneto or Pietro behind it -- although I hoped it was something more interesting. Both sides of this issue bored me. The big fight was a mess - there were several points where I just didn't understand what was going on (did Rogue absorb Genis' powers?) and the talking wasn't all that interesting -- it reminded me of "The New Avengers" Sentry story last month* (oh wait - Bendis wrote that too didn't he?) where half the issue was basically therapy and the other half just mindless battle. That's barely a plot, imo.

*there are actually several parallels: a nearly all-powerful person with the ability to shape reality breaks from reality and alters the memories of everyone around them and is aided by a psychic/medium to confront the truth while an army of heroes does battle. Said nearly all-powerful person also creates a separate entity that's really a manifestation of their subconscious.

#514651 10/15/05 04:04 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
The closing words combined with the title of another of 'Post M' titles has me worried about Polaris, Havok, Cannonball, Magma, Sunspot, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Angel, Iceman, Beast, Dani Moonstar and Northstar (though he's got problems enough already...). Those are the X-characters I care about. If a lot of them are gone, I'll drop X-titles the way a bunch of posters here did some time ago.
Cannonball's been seen in Cable/Deadpool post-HoM, fully powered

Covers show Polaris flying, Havok blasting.

I wouldn't bet on any of the AXM mutants getting depowered, and Claremont would slit his wrists if someone depowered Storm again.

The ones from your list to worry about are Angel, Iceman (notably absent from upcoming XM covers), Nightcrawler (ditto in UXM), Moonstar (I bet she's depowered), Magma (ditto), Sunspot, and maybe Northstar.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#514652 10/15/05 07:38 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The lame part here is that the only mutants who are really going to be affected are those who don't factor in to anything. We're "losing" a few thousand mutants who have never been seen. If Wanda wanted to make things better she should have taken out all the high-powered mutants.

Dan
#514653 10/15/05 02:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i don't blame pietro or magneto, wanda did it even in her crazy ass state. she is at least partially lucid. i thought magneto would at least be partially to blame...which would upset me more not because of what he did but what he did to charlie xavier....his friend he's screwed over so many times.

so am i missing a spoiler...i just assumed evcerything would be made right in numero 7.

still no xavier.

#514654 10/15/05 06:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The numbers mean nothing. They will always have as many mutants as they want or need, and they'll bring in new ones or revive old ones as they please.

And I found the whole story to be dull in the extreme.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#514655 10/16/05 09:09 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Okay so Bendis drags out 6 issues, giving us some fine character moments (Spiderman, SpiderWoman.) Now, we have a big throwdown, and they rush through it in 3 pages?!?!?

Nightcrawler watches everyone's back? Rogue did absorb Captain Marvel's power, right? It was all rushed and drawn marginaly that I couldn't really get into it. Bendis does have a way with dialouge and plot developement, but he's bad at action sequences.

House of M hasn't been a must read story. It does sound like lasting chages will come from this story, but that doesn't make this integral to the developements.

By the way, wasn't this billed as a bi-weekly thing?

Copiel does some AWESOME work tho'.

Just spouting off.
#514656 10/16/05 09:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The confrontation with Hawkeye was one of the only interesting things that happened. It struck me as a tweaked version of Green Arrow and Green Lantern when he became Parralax -- similar elements include: Ollie shooting Hal (in the heart rather than back though), Parallax just wanting to create a world where everyone wins out, Hal resurrecting Ollie...

#514657 10/16/05 11:52 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I liked this issue for the scenes with Pietro above all else. Very careless of him, but I do think it makes sense for him in a way. I hope his story is more in depth to his character in Son of M.

The numbers, as OM says, really mean nothing, but I hope above all else that dumb concepts like Mutant cities in California, mutants calling humans 'statics' (or something) and mutants all over the place in Claremont and other peoples titles stops.

Reboot's post is telling: I'm wondering if Iceman is going to bite the dust? He seems the most likely of all the X-Men, although he kinda has seemed that way from roughly 1978.

#514658 10/16/05 11:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Someone go ahead and spoil this for me, either in a PM or on this thread... what's going on? Is it open season on mutants deemed expendable?

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#514659 10/16/05 12:55 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'll spoil here, in case others want to know:

In issue #7 we learn that it was Pietro, and not Magento that influenced Wanda to create the new House of M world, and that they could do it in a way where everyone would be happy and there would be no more fighting. Dr. Strange learns this and tell Emma Frost through telepathic link.

Emma is confronted by Magneto and tells him (off-panel, so we assume). Magneto gets furious and attacks Quicksilver, hammering him with metal object, apparently killing him. Wanda enters the fray for the first time and brings him back.

Wanda then becomes furious with Magneto, blaming him for all the trouble Pietro and her have been through, because of his arrogance in assuming mutants are a greater species. This leads her to believe its the entire mutant/human tensions that have led to such pain and suffering, and has her own solution: "No More Mutants." The last page ends with her re-shaping reality again.

Quesada has said in interviews that there will be a major cut-back in mutants. Basically the mutant population is out of control--mutants everywhere (I agree with him). This will cut it back so they are a real minority again, and a very miniscule percentage in the MU.

So...we all believe that many mutants will lose their mutation/powers, and some will be killed. What this means for the characters we see remains up in the air.

I wonder if they'll cut back on mutant central titles? I'd hope so. I think a lot of this will picked up on in "X-Men Deadly Genesis", another mini-series coming out directly after this by Ed Brubaker, which we know little about.

#514660 10/16/05 01:23 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I think a lot of this will picked up on in "X-Men Deadly Genesis", another mini-series coming out directly after this by Ed Brubaker, which we know little about.
Other than it will suck, and yet mindless Marvel Zombies will make it a top-seller... much like "House of Meh" and the New Wolveriners. :rolleyes: puke wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#514661 10/16/05 01:24 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Part of me wishes HOUSE OF M was more continuity-heavy. As it is, everything is pretty straight forward and I don't feel the need to pick up any HOUSE OF M issues other than the core miniseries. It's a kind of a neat feeling where you don't quite know what's going on and you can't wait to eventually fill in all the backstory with other issues.

#514662 10/16/05 01:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Burger Eater Lad:
Part of me wishes HOUSE OF M was more continuity-heavy. As it is, everything is pretty straight forward and I don't feel the need to pick up any HOUSE OF M issues other than the core miniseries. It's a kind of a neat feeling where you don't quite know what's going on and you can't wait to eventually fill in all the backstory with other issues.
BE Lad, I have to say I'm exactly the same way. I actually love continuity driven stuff that benefits from further reading.

#514663 10/16/05 03:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Reboot:
Cannonball's been seen in Cable/Deadpool post-HoM, fully powered

Covers show Polaris flying, Havok blasting.

I wouldn't bet on any of the AXM mutants getting depowered, and Claremont would slit his wrists if someone depowered Storm again.

The ones from your list to worry about are Angel, Iceman (notably absent from upcoming XM covers), Nightcrawler (ditto in UXM), Moonstar (I bet she's depowered), Magma (ditto), Sunspot, and maybe Northstar.
Thanks for the list, Reboot. I'm not as certain as you are about the 'safe' status of heroes postM. Some of those covers (Is that what you're basing the 'safe' call on? The covers from upcoming issues?) *could* be set before HOUSE OF M.

I tend to think that Storm and Nightcrawler are pretty safe-- and most likely Colossus.

Angel, Iceman and the old NEW MUTANTS characters are the ones I think likeliest to be affected.

#514664 10/16/05 03:45 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I actually love continuity driven stuff that benefits from further reading.
You mean something like "Avengers Forever"? That was steeped in continuity. Tons better than "House of M" too.

#514665 10/16/05 03:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I liked this issue for the scenes with Pietro above all else. Very careless of him, but I do think it makes sense for him in a way. I hope his story is more in depth to his character in Son of M.
Didn't you think it was weird that Crystal and Luna were nowhere to be found? With happy-wishes being granted and all? Pietro's guilt limiting his own happiness-potential? Wanda's jealousy of Pietro having a 'real' child?

Frankly, I'm glad Bendis didn't touch 'em. The one or two lines he attributed to Crystal during DISSASSEMBLED showed he knows nothing about this character.

Of course, I also tend to think that the central idea behind Wanda's insanity is a bunch of crap. I *remember* reading her dealing with the loss/nonexistence of the her twins. It wasn't something she didn't know about.

If she'd gone crazy *anyway*, then I'd buy it (maybe). The whole 'betrayed by her teammates' thing was awful. Unless that was the point she started manipulating reality...

The numbers, as OM says, really mean nothing.
One of the new series is called 198, I think. Pretty soon, all 198 of the mutants will have had their own series or miniseries.

Reboot's post is telling: I'm wondering if Iceman is going to bite the dust? He seems the most likely of all the X-Men, although he kinda has seemed that way from roughly 1978.
It's especially troubling that for the last couple of years, he's supposedly been existing without a flesh-and-blood body. If he's one of the depowered mutants, all that'll be left is a puddle of water.

#514666 10/16/05 04:04 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
[b] I actually love continuity driven stuff that benefits from further reading.
You mean something like "Avengers Forever"? That was steeped in continuity. Tons better than "House of M" too.[/b]
Perfect example!

Todd, I agree with you on Crystal and Luna. By not even mentioning them, it takes away some integrity of the story. But like you said, I'm actually *glad* Bendis hasn't touched them. Still waiting for a Black Knight/Crystal romance to be rekindled smile

I can see Marvel doing a ICEMAN: PUDDLE OF X mini-series now, with six issues of nothing happening and then Iceman dying in issue #6. Followed up by a Emma Frost mini that's supposed to continue the series, but somehow only deals with her days wearing a school girl outfit.

#514667 10/16/05 04:21 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
[b]Reboot's post is telling: I'm wondering if Iceman is going to bite the dust? He seems the most likely of all the X-Men, although he kinda has seemed that way from roughly 1978.
It's especially troubling that for the last couple of years, he's supposedly been existing without a flesh-and-blood body. If he's one of the depowered mutants, all that'll be left is a puddle of water.[/b]
Chamber's confirmed depowered, and if he survives with a bloody great hole in his chest, and possibly face, Iceman would survive it. Reality-reordering, remember?

My two main cover sources were both DeciMation issues of Uncanny and X-Men. this (although Bachalo's so crap I missed Nightcrawler before) and this .

What I hadn't seen at the time was this , which appears to be the XM177 cover (since 177 and 178 are both due in November, and only the 178 cover, with Wolverine ripping into a Sentinel's head was solicited), and which shows Robert Drake in the background. The guy who pointed it out to me thought he has icy hands - which would imply that only his no-turning-back thing was reversed - but it might be just the background colour wash. Again, he's notably absent from the 179 cover either way.

Of the AXM cast, only Cyclops, Wolverine and Frost are Confirmed Safe so far, although I'd bet on Kitty being Definitely Safe, and Colossus and Beast Probably Safe - although Beast might Go Ape.

Right now, as far as I can see:

Confirmed Safe:

Cable (nominally - he's still a mutant but he's depowered anyway), Cannonball, Siryn (also confirmed for X-Factor), Meltdown (also confirmed for Nextwave), Warpath, Wolverine, Frost, Havok, Polaris, Stepford Cuckoos, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Nocturne, Wolfsbane, Madrox, Strong Guy, Cyclops, X23, Elixir, Rockslide, Surge, Hellion, Mercury, Dust.

Probably Safe:

Shadowcat, Colossus, Storm, Bishop, Rachel, Rictor, M

Probably Depowered:

Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Iceman (partially?), Moonstar, Karma, Magma, Winddancer, Prodigy, Wallflower, Icarus, Beak, Wither, Tag, any mutant who hasn't appeared for years, all students I haven't mentioned.

Confirmed Depowered:

Chamber, Jubilee

Unconfirmed, could go either way:

Beast

Feel free to add to these lists!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,184
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
UltraStar
UltraStar
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star