Roll Call
0 members (), 25 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Jfposey - 05/07/24 05:19 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: "House of M"
#514693 11/02/05 12:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
yeah numero 8 came out today...

bah!

#514694 11/02/05 12:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Feel free to spoil me in a pm as to how it ended wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#514695 11/02/05 08:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Feel free to spoil it here, too. Just use spoiler space and/or camouflage the text.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#514696 11/02/05 08:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I echo Miner. Spill the beans here if you would.

#514697 11/02/05 10:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
ok ok,

spoilers...

SPOILERS

SPOILED

so it is true:
wanda wished away most of the mutants. well they all still exist but powerless.

the heroes wake up, some remembering the battle with wanda and others having no clue what transpired. only heroes close to/protected by emma frost and/or dr. strange were protected from the memory lapse? unclear if this is also supposed to account for the mutants who retained their powers...but there are some inconsitstancies in the story...

only spider woman, she hulk, spidey (whos pissed) and luke cage seem to remember of the avengers. maybe ms. marvel too.

dr. strange shows up looking roughed up.

at x mansion:
emma frost wakes up in a field roughed up.
students are losing their powers left and right. most are extremely upset. kitty pryde can phase and remembers it all. cyclops wolvie nightcrawler emma frost and colossus have powers. but colossus has no recollection of what hapened. beast is still the beast....unlcear wether he remembers or not.

emma uses cerebra to try and locate mutants but the number of glowing lights she sees is very small. so they say there used to be tens pf thousands to maybe a million mutants before. emma can't find prof x anywhere. or maybe hes just not a mutant anymore...she cant find wanda either. maybe wanda wished away her power as well

they show dani moonstar upset...dont know if she lost her powers. but she lost her memory of house of m. iceman is shown defrosted and powerless.

they dont know if the mutant gene has been deleted or suppressed.

back at the avengers, theres an intruder at the old mansion. they go to investigate and find hawkeyes death notice...pinned up with arrows, along with his costume. hawkeyes alive i assume.

genosha: the xmen find magneto...powerless and maybe lacking a memory. he dosnt know where wanda or pietro are, or hes not talking.

then they end it with : henry pym making a speech while we see wanda shopping in some rural market. (looks european???? or something....whatever) hank pym (i thought it was hank mccoy first and thought that wouldve been more appropriate) talking about how the human race's evolution has been interrupted and where has all the energy of all those mutants powers gone in the universe, some cheesy line about everything in physics having an equal and opposite reaction...

no mention of number of mutants left.

but i did see the number of x books tied to the aftermath of this: 12

one of which is entitled 198.

end spoilers:

i'm bummed, why do these stories have to have some far reaching consequences...so we're gonna have 198 mutants again for a few years...until writers feel pigeon holed or sales are down and then some big event is going to put it all back?

#514698 11/02/05 11:06 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ok so Hawkeye is back. Good. And that scene looks like it may be my favorite of the book.

Iceman defrosted? Dani Moonstar? Ofcourse some of my faves. There are some others that are better candidates in among the New Mutants or older mutant heroes (polaris for example).

heh. And all the mutant energy going "somewhere" sounds very cheesy. Where could it have gone? Find out next summer!

#514699 11/03/05 01:28 AM
Leader
Leader
Hmm, very surprised they depowered Iceman (at least for the time being). I would have thought they would have kept the core X-Men characters active and wiped out most of the newbies. So off the top of my head I would expect the ones with powers to be: Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Ice-Man, Rogue, Kitty Pride, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Mystique and maybe a few others. Basically the ones that the general public would recognise (mostly from the films). You never know though, give it a year and they'll all probably start coming back.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#514700 11/03/05 01:42 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
quicksilver must have his powers...other wise his new BOOK Son of M out in november...(does the sarcasm come through on this post)is going to be very boring.

#514701 11/03/05 06:04 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by disaster boy:
quicksilver must have his powers...other wise his new BOOK Son of M out in november...(does the sarcasm come through on this post)is going to be very boring.
http://www.newsarama.com/forumprintthread.php?threadid=48255

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#514702 11/03/05 09:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The funniest thing while reading this issue, is recalling a line from Joe Q in a newsarama interview. He basically said in classic Joe Q style that Marvel was the place for creativity cuz Infinite Crisis was all editorial driven whereas all Marvel events were creator driven.

So how many creators volunteered to have their characters ripped from them? Oh well need to stay away from main mutant books, far away.

#514703 11/03/05 09:22 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
The funniest thing while reading this issue, is recalling a line from Joe Q in a newsarama interview. He basically said in classic Joe Q style that Marvel was the place for creativity cuz Infinite Crisis was all editorial driven whereas all Marvel events were creator driven.

So how many creators volunteered to have their characters ripped from them? Oh well need to stay away from main mutant books, far away.
How many characters in active use are getting depowered though - especially when you consider that the NXM creative team, who would have lost quite a few characters, have been dumped?

Literally, the only character I see in active present-day use (i.e., starred in a pre-HoM book which hasn't been cancelled or got new writers) who has been depowered is Iceman. And considering he was locked in ice form to start with, Milligan may even have asked for him to be depowered.

Basically, AXM and UXM are apparently wholly unaffected, XM only has Iceman depowered, NXM's got new writers, Excalibur's cancelled and rebooted with a whole new cast of characters, Exiles has lost Beak, but he was going anyway, Cable/Deadpool... well Cable's still a mutant and he was depowered anyway, Wolverine... you're kidding - right?, Gambit, District X, and Rogue are cancelled.... any MU non-minis I've forgotten from May? (the last pre-HoM month)

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#514704 11/03/05 12:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They didn't really say Iceman was depowered. He showed up in human form, no longer an ice-hunk. Maybe they used House of M to reset his form. He and Archangel are likely the token X-Men affected by the crossover, but I wouldn't say for sure just yet.

Ditto with Hawkeye's uniform. It wasn't clear if he was back. If he is, that was the worst death in comics.

I like the fact that Spidey remembers his time in the House of M, and how it plays out would be great to see. Based on the current storyline in his books tho', I'm guessing we won't see it picked up.

And Magneto is now human, powerless. That will last 3yrs til Marvel wants the X-Men's number one baddie back to cause mayhem. Come on, they didn't have the nerve to kill him, even when they did kill him.

Just spouting off.
#514705 11/03/05 04:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
To be honest, the mutant universe was so cluttered it was hard to keep everything straight. I don't mind so much if things have been simplified. Unless of course the storylines are just crap, and then it won't matter anyways.

I do kinda hope that Wanda is no longer a mutant. I doubt that they could redeem her, so I would prefer her to live out her life as a human. Unless, of course, they decide to expand on her magical abilities that Agatha Harkness taught her (and leave that whole mutant chaos magic thing in the past). The Marvel U could use a few more magic users smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#514706 11/03/05 05:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i just skimmed through the book at the CBS but they show a big picture of the earth wiht some word ballons stating Netwon's laws about energy can't be created or destroyed just transformed and then show the same picture on the next page of the earth but with a red fire force looking thing and a word ballon saying for every action there is an opposite reaction.

what does that mean true belivers!

#514707 11/03/05 07:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Some red haired lass will be redeeming her frequent dier points to return next summer.

#514708 11/03/05 10:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I hope they have a good reason for doing this to Dani. mad

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#514709 11/03/05 10:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Reboot:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
[b]quicksilver must have his powers...other wise his new BOOK Son of M out in november...(does the sarcasm come through on this post)is going to be very boring.
http://www.newsarama.com/forumprintthread.php?threadid=48255 [/b]
'boot your link dosn't work. care to spoil us?

#514710 11/03/05 11:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Reboot seems to be having that problem with his links today for some reason. I think this was the thread he was pointing to.

#514711 11/04/05 01:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
thanx LL.

#514712 11/05/05 08:55 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Gay-lipso:
Hmm, very surprised they depowered Iceman (at least for the time being). I would have thought they would have kept the core X-Men characters active and wiped out most of the newbies. So off the top of my head I would expect the ones with powers to be: Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Ice-Man, Rogue, Kitty Pride, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Mystique and maybe a few others. Basically the ones that the general public would recognise (mostly from the films). You never know though, give it a year and they'll all probably start coming back.
Not all of them. Most likely they'll give Iceman his powers back, and maybe a couple others I've read have lost their powers, but the vast majority will still remain powerless. I'd say the *potential* to be a mutant will return but that most mutants who lost their powers won't ever get their powers jump-started again. But it could be a heck of a next generation with literally millions of mutants born to all those ex-mutants.

Dan
#514713 11/05/05 07:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Possible Spoiler (Can't remember what I've read where.)

The way I'm hearing it, it looks like the X-gene is completly gone from those who lost their powers. It's not just a matter of kick starting the gene, they'd need to rewrite the DNA. Jean Grey might be able to do it, and maybe Elixer in a few decades. Seems more likely to me that some of the depowered characters would get diffent powers if anyone tried to fix them.

I really hope they've got long term plots in mind for those that got depowered. The only charactger that I can think of that stayed around without powers is Storm.

#514714 11/05/05 07:44 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Arachne:
The way I'm hearing it, it looks like the X-gene is completly gone from those who lost their powers.
Frost speculates both ways in HoM8. Clarification will presumably be forthcoming and then ignored if it proves inconvienient.

#514715 11/05/05 08:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I've read the spoilers for HoM: The Day After (or whatever it's called); I'm not speculating.

#514716 11/06/05 09:45 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I knew I'd seen that somewhere, Arachne, but I couldn't remember if it was #8 or the book from next week. I'm curious as to how they made this determination so quickly.

Dan
#514717 11/11/05 05:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
HOUSE OF M: THE DAY AFTER

spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space
spoiler
space

This was alright, for what it was. I don't particularly want to see any more mutants on X crosses again-- nor is the prospect of reading all these characters losing their powers very appealing. That said, the effects said loss will have on folk like Bobby Drake and Dani Moonstar (maybe she'll get her Valkyrie mojo back...) *could* be interesting. I'm just glad Cannonball and Magma 'made' the cut. Too bad about Winddancer, whose power usage was handled very well and showed lots of potential.

More than anything though, I find the elevation of Emma Frost more than a bit irritating. I enjoyed her as supporting cast/occasional lead. But as the female face of all things X? No.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,196
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Frog King
Frog King
Berlin
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star