Roll Call
0 members (), 46 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:40 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 05/13/24 05:34 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 80 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 79 80
Re: The All Avengers Thread
#517079 09/08/12 12:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Shady, I love your work and the results for so many great Marvel characters. If only the publisher had similar vision, since the idea that inspired us is apparently dead.

#517080 09/08/12 12:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Jonathan Hickman appears to be turning The Avengers into The Legion. His run will feature 22 Avengers, a number which grew from the 18 announced with his naming as writer.

Mostly, it's the usual suspects... with Cannonball and Sunspot from the New Mutants inducted, along with Gateway's protege from SECRET WARRIORS. Several names still to be revealed.

I'm excited just to read Cannonball in this context. Not so sure Sunspot's so great a choice, but he and Sam make a fun pair.

I hope DC pays attention and considers this as sort of 'tryout' for LSH- as I think Hickman would make a great choice for Legion writer a couple of years from now.

#517081 09/08/12 02:37 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
OP Offline
I've always liked Cannonball, and am happy to see him join the Avengers, even though Dani would have been my first choice to be the first New Mutant to join the Avengers (what is Dani's current status anyway?) Not really a fan of Sunspot, but like ML said, there's good chemistry between him and Cannonball.

I am not a fan of the approach that Hickman took in Fantastic Four/FF; basically, I felt everything moved in fits and starts; I hope he takes a more straightforward approach to Avengers.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#517082 09/12/12 11:51 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oh.
Well, maybe it's 'dead' just for now?!
nod
Frenzy got a steed, chocolate, like her.
Then, I did the 3 magic users, Amanda Sefton with the Golden Fleece for flying, which was fun to put together using one of Rat's characters for the basic fleece.
And Jennifer Kale with a magic cube thingy.
Then, I couldn't resist adding Razer's Dr. Strange, with pants, to the Clea figure.
I enjoyed making her, especially. I combined two of her looks, the pink and the black/silver versions.
Her eyes were the most interesting for me, since I haven't seen any others like them, half closed.

I have another of this in the works, Snowbird, but her steed is very different, so I'm going to give her a different type of background.
I hope to finish her sometime soon, but I'm not sure. They take such a lot of time because I'm so slow!
lol

[Linked Image]

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#517083 09/17/12 01:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
These are most of my choices:

We've seen Kitty, but I changed the Lockheed out for one by JR. I gave her a platform but allowed it to be mostly transparent, sort of insubstancial, like her. The larger dragon is from a drawing on wiki, in my mind, Lockheed's older brother, come for a visit.
nod

Then, there's the finished Meggan, followed by Iridia and a brightened Lockjaw pup.

Bottom row starts with Jocasta on her robotic steed, with the soft butterfly wings and curled fish tail.
She's followed by Wanda. This one is new, a combination of Razer's Scarlet Witch and numerous other micros.
Wanda is followed by Nightside.

[Linked Image]

Almost finished with these.
sigh

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#517084 09/27/12 09:55 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Valkyrie and Venom are a couple? Asgardian goddess Brunhilde is falling in love with Flash Thompson?

It can't last, because I can't really imagine showing up in Spidey-verse stories very often. It won't be 'real' unless she does.

He's obviously her 'transition' man, after the whole mess with Siegfried (however that's spelled...)

#517085 10/08/12 06:33 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
The penultimate issue of Avengers Academy is out (*sob* choke!) and it's a flag football game between the AA students and the Jean Grey Academy students.

Lot's of character moments squeezed in, although, and I almost never laugh out loud while reading a comic book, Jocasta charging her tasers to eject various participants for excessive roughness or whatever, and being told 'Don't tase me, Jo!' by one of the students, definitely got me. I read it again the next day, and it was still enough to get me laughing.

I missed out on some of it, since I don't really know much about Quentin Quire or Warbird, so their character bits go right over my head, but it's a decent 'day in the life' sort of issue, and helps to resolve some characterization beats before the final issue.

I'm gonna miss this one!

(And this will drop my Marvel pull-list to one title, X-Factor.)

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#517086 10/09/12 07:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Interesting that they're trying to make the Avengers more global. I'm actually hoping to see Sunfire join the ranks! He's always been a jerk, but that's fun in a group dynamic, he fits in with the new "mixing X-Men with Avengers" theme, he actually has a bit of history with Iron Man, he's been around long enough to be legitimate and he's the been the premiere hero of his country for years. Oh, and he was in "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!" and kissed Firestar, which just makes him cool wink

#517087 10/11/12 12:29 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Here's 2 versions of Hildegarde, the Asgardian demigoddess that is part of a grouping I'm doing for the final Valkyrior panel.

Does anyone have a preference for one or the other?
I'm finishing up Hela, the last of the Asgaridans that I'm hoping to include with the final 3 suggested Valkyrior candidates that I want to include.
Still lots of work, but getting there.
sigh

[Linked Image]

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#517088 10/11/12 01:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Re: Avengers #31
So, that's gotta be the Wasp right? If it's a red herring, who else could it be (for a second I thought Dazzler maybe) and why bother hiding her face since differing artstyles always makes facial features impossible to tell anyone apart anyway? (maybe she has a gnarly scar now?)

#517089 11/08/12 03:51 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Re: Avengers #31
So, that's gotta be the Wasp right?
Yep, Bendis brought the Wasp back to life and fandom let out a collective shrug, maybe because Bendis doesn't even seem to be pretending like he cares anymore.

One more issue and he's gone.

#517090 11/08/12 04:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
hey characters are safer dead nowadays!

shrug

#517091 11/08/12 04:19 PM
OP Offline
lol

How true, how true.

#517092 11/21/12 05:51 PM
OP Offline
The last Bendis issue of Avengers came out this week. Next week is the last Bendis issue of New Avengers.

All the toys have been safely and carefully put back in the box for Hickman to play with. This after the lies eight years ago that there would be genuine and lasting changes.

More tedium follows in Bendis' ridiculously overlong farewell letter, a mixture of grandiosity, boasts, half-truths, and outright lies.

It's sad to see a talented, if incredibly erratic, writer sink to such depths. It almost makes me not want to follow All-New X-Men any further, even though I liked the first issue a lot.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Bendis.

#517093 11/25/12 08:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've been burned on this title too many times.

I'll keep trying Uncanny Avengers and Wolverine and the X-Men is hit or miss ... due solely to Marvel's messing with Aaron. actually I think it's more like "home run or strike out" which is getting tedious for me.

#517094 11/25/12 03:30 PM
OP Offline
So I take it you have no interest in Hickman's "Legion of Avengers"? wink

Funny thing is, I once read an interview with Roger Stern where he said that the original reason for creating the West Coast Avengers was so that he could have one huge team for one book, picking and mixing characters as he desired. I wonder if that's what Hickman has in mind, only spread out across two books?

#517095 11/27/12 11:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Interesting that they're trying to make the Avengers more global. I'm actually hoping to see Sunfire join the ranks! He's always been a jerk, but that's fun in a group dynamic, he fits in with the new "mixing X-Men with Avengers" theme, he actually has a bit of history with Iron Man, he's been around long enough to be legitimate and he's the been the premiere hero of his country for years. Oh, and he was in "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!" and kissed Firestar, which just makes him cool wink
YES!! Haha ....
[Linked Image]
(oh, in case you hadn't heard, Sunfire will indeed be joining the ranks of Uncanny Avengers...)

And about the Wasp, even though her return was basically inevitable, I was actually able to get into Jan & gang's joy at seeing each other again.

Funny that over in "Minimum Carnage" there's another Microverse story going on featuring Rann, Bug and Marionette.

#517096 11/28/12 04:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I actually really like Sunfire ... but does he have a body again or is he just a burning skeleton still?

#517097 11/28/12 04:47 PM
OP Offline
I like Sunfire, too. Unfortunately, he's in the Remender Avengers book, not either of the Hickman Avengers books. Pass.

And about the Wasp, even though her return was basically inevitable, I was actually able to get into Jan & gang's joy at seeing each other again
I was not able to. This whole "Teh Definitive Avengers, Teh Heart and Soul of the Team" B.S. makes me sick. It's the reason I haven't wholeheartedly enjoyed Avengers since 1994.

#517098 11/29/12 05:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
SECRET AVENGERS- a certain something happens that's already shown to not be true in titles that take place after the current storyline. Right?

Fanfic Lady #788818 09/27/13 05:12 PM
OP Offline
So I take it from the lack of buzz about Hickman's Avengers that even fans of his are disappointed?

Me, I'm no fan of Hickman, so my low expectations were easily met by the first few issues, and when Steve Epting left New Avengers almost immediately to do Velvet at Image, I felt I had no more excuses to keep buying Hickman's unfocused, painfully slow-paced Avengers.

And as for the Infinity "event" that's grown out of Hickman's Avengers, I have no interest in it. I don't think Thanos should ever have been resurrected. I find him a one-trick villain.

Fanfic Lady #788822 09/27/13 05:28 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I agree on Thanos. That being said, I'm enjoying the two main Avengers comics. They're consistently "good enough to buy and maintain my interest" though nothing insanely good.

I like Hickman's independent work much better, especially Manhattan Projects, which u love. And I liked his FF run a lot better. Then again, Hickman is a writer who does a lot of set up and then builds steam. So it may be that there's a lot of greatness to come.

Marvel has a LOT of good comics out right now that are better, including the 4 main X-titles, and some solo Avengers titles like Thor or Hulk.

Fanfic Lady #788825 09/27/13 05:41 PM
OP Offline
I tried a lot of different Marvel comics with the relaunches last winter, but I quickly lost interest in all of them. The only Marvel comic I'm looking forward to ATM is whatever Peter David's recently-teased next project turns out to be.

Fanfic Lady #788829 09/27/13 05:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I enjoyed Mighty Avengers. I'm in for the first story arc for sure. I hope a few new characters come in though. But the whole time I will just be thinking that Spectrum (Monica) can just vaporize their enemies ... even uber Thanos babes.

Fanfic Lady #788842 09/27/13 07:07 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Hickman's books are generally a hard pass for me since I got suckered into his pointless, meandering run on the Fantastic Four titles. He's just all buildup and no payoff. I'm wary of all his creator-owned projects for that reason, even when I here good things. He and Grant Morrison are two writers who almost never strike "gold" with me, no matter how much they are praised. (I liked Morrison's "Happy!" last year--Darick Robertson's art was a big factor there--and mostly liked the "Return of Bruce Wayne" mini. And that's about all of Morrison's stuff I've liked and enjoyed since Doom Patrol and JLA.)

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Page 42 of 80 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,261
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Faraway Lad, Kid Charlemagne
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Straya
Straya
Oklahoma City, OK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star