Roll Call
0 members (), 34 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 09:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/03/24 07:20 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:58 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/03/24 06:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by razsolo - 05/03/24 06:53 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/03/24 05:30 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/03/24 02:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sub-mariner
#517999 12/05/07 10:57 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Did anyone else read the recently concluded miniseries starring Namor?

I can't say I read every issue, but the concluding one definitely ended with a bang.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> After discovering that his long-lost son (a new character? I'm not sure...) had been behind the land-attacks during Civil War, Namor decides that his boy will never settle for peace. So, he evacuates Atlantis, chains the young man to his throne, charges up Nitro (who'd been his prisoner) and abandons the city as it explodes. His scattered subjects relocate to the US, living as 'sleeper cells' throughout the country. </span></span>

To be concluded, or at least continued in, I'm guessing, SECRET INVASION. Displaced Atlanteans to save the day against Skrulls? Or join up with them? Or both?

Re: Sub-mariner
#518000 12/05/07 11:26 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
I usually love Namor, but I had a bad feeling about this miniseries, so I didn't read it. And after seeing that spoiler, I'm glad I didn't.

What I wouldn't give for a complete Marvel Universe reboot.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#518001 12/06/07 12:20 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
I wouldn't want that, Stealth-- look at how the Legion reboot went. shake But I do agree that the abuse of certain characters should be stopped. Like, now. Please.

#518002 12/06/07 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Caliente:
I wouldn't want that, Stealth-- look at how the Legion reboot went. shake
Good point. Not to mention the way Crisis on Infinite Earths went...and the way Infinite Crisis went...and everything in between...and now Countdown...

What was I thinking?

Originally posted by Caliente:
But I do agree that the abuse of certain characters should be stopped. Like, now. Please.
I agree 100%.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#518003 12/06/07 10:37 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Marvel and DC share a gift for introducing new cultures and / or exciting locations, such as Atlantis or Attilan or Wundagore or Genosha, and then repeatedly subjectign them to worse and worse events. Plague, conquest, invasion, yet another conquest, genocide, destruction, conquered again, blown to smithereens...

I get that they feel more comfortable showing awful devastation happening to Gotham or Madripoor than they would to New York, but it's gotten to the point where the introduction of a new land just makes me wonder how long it's gonna last before it gets wiped off the map to establish the 'cred' of some villain I've never heard of, and will probably never see again.

And this? Dumbest reason to destroy Atlantis, ever. It's not like the Marvel universe doesn't have thousands of alternative ways to get rid of troublemakers (like, uh, Negative Zone super-prisons and a certain Sorcerer Supreme whose worked with Namor for years who can exile people to other dimensions).

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#518004 12/06/07 01:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah I read the mini and I'm not sure I care for the ending.

Namor was shown as cold. I don't have a problem with it. He's always been a warrior/anti-hero in my eyes.

But the current status quo of the Atlanteans? Ugh. The problem with the Atlanteans is Marvel never gives them a set status quo. It seems each writer has their own take. Wakanda on the other hand hasn't changed much thankfully.

This new status quo makes Secret Invasion very confusing. My guess at the end Namor may be the last Atlantean.

The problem Namor has which is similiar to to many. Aquaman, Black Panther, and many Legionnaires. I don't want to the king, queen, prince, princess of a nation to be a hero. I rather have Joe Blow from Atlantis. smile

I am really suprised that Arthur/Orin isn't the king of Atlantis and some hand picked Atlantean is his representative in the JLA. ohwell.

#518005 12/06/07 02:39 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Atlantis blew up again? Must be Thursday. Usually its conquered on Monday. In all comic book companies.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,091
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
DOX-Line-5
DOX-Line-5
New York-one tough city !
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star