Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/26/24 04:22 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 12:53 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kid Prime's COLLEGE football thread!
#522457 10/26/03 10:26 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well, I didn't want to usurp all the European football posts going on in the other football thread.

Big day in the SEC yesterday, with LSU beating Auburn's ass (heh heh heh) and Tennessee winning a historic match against Alabama which, in other years, would have national picture implications, but this year doesn't. And Ole Miss has come out to their best SEC start since 1963! Wow!

Northern Illinois finally lost, and now I just want TCU to do the same...

Michigan seems to have had enough of losing with their demolishment of Purdue yesterday!

And finally, next week, the big Big East matchup! Miami vs. Virginia Tech!

I love college football!

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
Re: Kid Prime's COLLEGE football thread!
#522458 10/28/03 01:23 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I am a huge, huge fan of Notre Dame football. It all started when I was little and my uncle was obsessed with it (and Ara Parsigen sp?), and I've been watching it ever since. Then they went and had the best season they've had in about ten years last year, kept me on the edge of my seat, and are now having an alright season. C'mon Irish! Let's go, you can make a bowl this year and win it!

Oh yeah, it didn't make it any better that when Rudy came out, I cried my eyes out ever time I ever watched it (one of the only two movie that makes me do that).

#522459 10/28/03 02:01 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ehh... ND's 2-5 right noe, Cobie. No doubt they'll make a bowl if they have a winning season (cause the lesser bowls know Notre Dame means MONEY) but they'll have to win a lot to get that far. frown

Of course, Alabama's not having the greatest season either...

#522460 10/28/03 02:09 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, it really sucks. First they lose their bowl last year, the Raiders lose the Super Bowl, the Yankees lose the World Series and now Green Bay, Oakland and Notre Dame are all playing crappy. And for hockey, after the Red Wings and Rangers didn't get far, I started rooting for Anahiem last year, and they lost in the Stanley Cup!

But hopefully Notre Dame can mount some kind of come back to get a winning season and make a lesser bowl game. Your right, usually Notre Dame is welcome to bowl games because they have such a large following.

Do you have any team in particulur you love KP, or are you just an all around college Football fan?

#522461 10/28/03 02:13 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Oh, and I forgot one more! My high school hockey team that I played for (Hamden High School Hockey), which has the record for most state championships in Connecticut, finally made it back to the state Championship last year after a big drought. Half the town showed up, and I even came home just for the game. They ended up losing too, although this wasn' too sad because they did make it to the finals again, which brought out a lot of old hockey players in my town. My town is a huge hockey town and I played from the time I was 6 until college, so this was a pretty big deal!

So all those teams, all did good, none won the big one.

#522462 10/28/03 02:48 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I like Alabama, Tennessee (I know, it's odd cause they HATE each other,) Ole Miss, Texas, USC, Penn State, Michigan... I'm sure some others, but nothing comes immediately to mind. I'm a BIG SEC fan, though, and I will usually root for the SEC in non-conference games.

#522463 10/28/03 03:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I also like UCONN (my alma mater), especially since they've moved to Division I and had a couple of big victories or really good games. And I like Texas A & M, because their fans make out when they make touchdowns and they have some really hot fans! If I ever go to a game, I'm going to pretend I'm a fan and sneak over for a couple of make out sessions!

I like Michigan too, which stems from the fact that a woman I interned for (who was a wonderful person) used to be the doctor for the football team there for about seven years! She's such a big Michigan fan, that it's too contagious not to catch. You have quite a bunch of good teams you root for there KP!

#522464 10/28/03 08:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ooh FOOTBALL! smile

Hi All!

Well I live in Toledo, so a third of us love Michigan and a third of us hate meat chicken, and a third of us can live with rooting for both Michigan and Ohio State. One of my former high school students played alot this weekend in place of Marlon Jackson. \whisper {I won't tell you the name he called me because he was hitting on the girls during math class.} wink

Personally I too, was happy Northern Ill. lost because I taught for several years at Bowling Green State and many of my teachers were from there. Mostly I root for Toledo or Purdue (where I went to school) so no, I tend not to root for ND. Though I would NEVER wish this season on them. I like Willingham and think he brought alot of class back to the program.

#522465 11/02/03 08:16 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Miami has FALLEN!

I think it was the third turnover on the right side of the field that just started me giggling uncontrollably. What a bunch of thug-type fans Virginia Tech has going to their games, though! Yow!

It's going to be all about USC in the BCS standings this week, I think, and personally, I think that's the way it should be. They and Oklahoma look like THE two teams this year.

#522466 11/08/03 01:17 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,950
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star