Roll Call
0 members (), 59 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 55 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 54 55
Re: Dieters Support Thread
#525554 03/20/04 01:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Great job Pov! I know that both of us felt like we needed to lose wait last time we met up, and it looks like we're both off to a great start!

Keep it up!

#525555 04/01/04 11:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've been using the free weights, and am seeing a difference. I do get frustrated because I want to look like one of those guys from the BowFlex ads NOW! Not too realistic, eh? Still, I have to remember where I started. I was in REALLY bad shape, but now, look and feel pretty good. A number of people I've talked to can relate to how when you burn off a bunch of fat, you just wish ALL the rest of it was gone now.

How's everyone else doing? BUMP!!!!

#525556 04/01/04 12:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's been three months now since I have been working out, watching my diet (basically the Zone), and not drinking. I'm down to 182 as of this morning. So far that's 30 pounds. More important, my belt is 3 notches tighter and my pant size is two sizes smaller. I don't know how low I'll go, I'll just let it level out where it's meant to be. I'm 6'1", so I can carry 182 pretty well, but I'd like to be less than 175.

The exercise program I've been following is really great. It changes every two weeks so that your body is constantly challenged and doesn't get used to the routine. It only takes about 40 minutes, 6 days a week. I find that I can do it easily in the morning before I go to work. It's easy to do at home, because all you really need are a set of dumbells and an adjustable bench (although, if you have more equipment, you have a greater range of exercises to chose from). If anyone is interested, the program is in the "Body Sculpting Bible for Men." The authors aren't trying to sell supplements or anything - just the book. Heres the link on Amazon

I'm glad to see that so many of you are sticking with it. More power to you.

#525557 04/02/04 06:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Everyone's doing great!

I'm waiting for the roads to clear so I can start bicycling - I think Semi's right that it does help to vary the routine.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#525558 04/02/04 08:44 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
WOW Dean and Semi, congratulations!

I admit to becoming complacent recently, 'cause I had lost so much and was able to wear my clothes and was looking good.

But as I WELL KNOW, the hard work can be BLOWN to smithereens in no time at all. It hasn't been for me yet, but I also never quite reached my goal range in the 170s.

Current plan: to go back on the low-carb diet and also to do my excercise routine this time!

Thanks for bumping the thread, Dean, and re-igniting my dieting fire! You and Semi are inspirations!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#525559 04/11/04 10:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great Lash! (Mascara commercial?)

And great Semi!

Since today was Easter, and there was a ton of food around all day, including the fabulous Cadbury Mini Eggs (!!!) I feel like any efforts I've made to improve my health and weight were shattered all today. I know that's not totally true, but it kinda feels like it. Anyway, the end of my company's challenge is actually early May, not late May like I thought, so starting Monday (tomorrow) I'm moving into a fierce new level of major discipline with food, more intensive exercise and less daytime down-time. I can rest at night! When I have my fitness assessment done in May, I want it to blow away the one I did in Feb.

#525560 04/12/04 01:55 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Nothing's at all shattered. In fact, it sounds like your resolve is fortified!

You deserved a break from the diet today.

Now, show 'em who's DIET BOSS on May 1!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#525561 04/13/04 01:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Lash!
Oh, it was REALLY hard to get into that gym on Monday, but I did it! I did my cardio and stretching, knowing that I'd be doing weights today. I've moved into that new level of eating less than ever, too. Today, there was a circuit training class where you use a weight machine for 2 minutes straight, with low weights. It seems easy at first, but it burns by the end. I did that and my cardio and stretching. I only have about an hour and a half til I have to get ready for work, so I decided to come to LW to see what's up.

How're the rest of you fitness buffs doin'??? SunBoy

#525562 04/19/04 12:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow, it's been nearly a week since any posts here! Has everyone gotten spring fever? On Saturday (after my big audition...see that other thread) I was really hungry and just decided to eat whatever the hell I wanted to eat, plus my wife had been running errands (mostly kid related) all day, so neither of us felt like prepping food. So check this grocery list...
precooked barbequed ribs
frozen clam strips
frozen popcorn chicken
tater tots
Doritos
barbeque chips
Coke
orange soda pop
Chips Ahoy cookies!!!

I thought I'd burst, and the funny thing is, I *used* to feel like that almost everyday before this whole fitness endeavor. It actually served as a good reminder of how NOT to eat. I don't like feeling that way, so I'm glad I sorta revisited the old habit. Nice place to visit, wouldn't wanna live there...

Today, I went to the gym and did about 20 minutes of cardio (while watching Ellen), then I did my stretching. I can now sit with both feet straight out in front of me, and touch my toes without bending my knees and hold a stretch like that. That was my goal. Now that I've met it, I have a new goal. There is a simple device used to measure how far you can stretch. Without trying to explain it, I'll just say that back in Feb, I could reach to 11. Now, in April, I can reach to 16. By next month, I want to reach to 18. We'll see. I did a bunch of push ups and crunches, then I went to the nautilus machines and did a TON of reps on the ab machine. I did some reps on the bicep and tricep machines, too. I signed up for tomorrow's circuit training class. So, I'd say things are going well for me, fitness wise. I still have a layer of softness on top of my firmer stomach muscles. I still want it gone.

I'm glad this thread exists, because it's a good way for me to document what I've been up to...

How's everyone else doing?

#525563 04/21/04 11:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I actually felt skinny when I got up this morning. Yeah, I still have a soft tummy, but I was checkin' myself out in the mirror, and I sucked in my gut, and could actually make myself look thin! I went to the gym in the later part of the morning and did all my regular stuff that I've posted here several times already. It actually feels normal to go in there and do a workout and then go on with my day. That was definitely not the case back in December!

#525564 05/10/04 07:35 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I feel thinner. I feel better in general, stronger. The damned scale isn't moving. <grumble, grumble mad > That's okay, I'm gonna go with what I feel. That scale will move eventually as long as I keep at it.

Keep it up, ever'body! cool

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#525565 05/13/04 10:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pov, don't forget that muscle is heavier than fat, so if you've been using your Chuck Norris machine and doing all that walking, then you're developing muscle and burning fat!

I haven't been to the gym for exactly one week now, and I feel GUILTY! My explanation is simply that Mother's Day weekend in the restaurant industry is a bruiser. Very busy. Then, I did a bunch of volunteer time at the kids' school, and yesterday, I just frikkin' rested! So, today, after I leisurely make my way around the net for a while, I'll go to the gym. THEN I have yard work to do.... No rest for the wicked! (Well, except for yesterday... I guess I'm not *that* wicked. Yay!)

#525566 05/13/04 06:51 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Guess what I'm gonna do in about 10 minutes...

work out! It's been a while, so I'll start off light and work my way up.

Also, I've been slacking off the diet too much, so in the morning I need to weigh & start pulicly recording my weight here again as incentive to stick with it.

#525567 05/14/04 02:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I never made it to the gym, I went on to the store and then did a bunch of yard work and gardening. That's *somewhat* physical! Hopefully, I'll get to the gym on Friday late morning...That's my plan, anyway...

#525568 05/17/04 01:46 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Weights:

5/14: 187

5/15: 187

5/17: 186

Am doing 50 situps, 20 butterflies currently.

#525569 05/18/04 01:00 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Alright, I'm feeling VERY good these days.

I've worked out very strictly now for the last few weeks, and have made sure to run at least four times a week.

Like Pov, my actual wait has only gone down a bit, but I think a lot of that has to do with lifting weights. My waist feels thinner, and that's all that counts wink

Lookin' good guys!

#525570 05/18/04 02:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have my fitness assessment on Thursday! I'm all filled with wishes that there was more time for me to work out more and starve myself and be really really thin and way way better at all the parts of the testing!

Well, I'm completely sure that I'll be better at each part of the test (crunches, push ups, stretching, 3 minutes on the aerobic step). I've made major changes with my food intake too. I guess I just wish for even MORE differences in how I look. I haven't looked at the shirtless picture I had taken back in February. I'm waiting till this is all over...

#525571 05/18/04 05:11 PM
Leader
Leader
Well, I have managed to take off 15lbs recently since getting diagnosed with Type II diebities. Down to 265 now.

#525572 05/18/04 07:42 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I've stopped drinking all sodas and juices, except for one or two servings a week. Instead, I drink only water.

While keeping the rest of my diet the same, this has been pretty effective in taking off 5 pounds in the last two weeks.

#525573 05/20/04 11:39 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I had my fitness evaluation today.... I was very pleased. I did 30 push ups in a minute, I did 70 crunches in a minute, I reached the 17 1/2" mark at the stretching test. I didn't catch the numbers for my body fat % (they pinch ya with callipers) and I didn't hear what my cardio results were. However, these are vast improvements over the results I had back in February at my initial testing.

At work, there's a whole "Fitness Challenge" where we all put money into a pool, we work out for 4 months and at the end, the people with the best results split the money. The results and prizes will be given at a big all crew meeting in early June. I'll let you guys know how I did.

#525574 05/30/04 12:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Today, I had my picture taken with my shirt off. I wasn't very pleased with it, because I still don't look like one of the guys from the SoloFlex ads. (No, I don't think I ever will, but I can WISH, can't I?) However, I did feel a little better about it when I compared it to the picture of myself from back in February. There's quite a difference. My company meeting is on Sat, June 5th, so I'll see if I "place" then.

I took a bit of a break from working out after that evaluation. I think in those few days since I stopped, I've already gotten a bit softer in the middle. I really have to work at it if I want to keep in a decent shape. Summer's coming, and I want to feel and look good, so it's back at it. In fact, some cool news is that my wife joined the same gym as me, and we'll start going together. Today, we're taking our cute little daughter to the family swim time at their pool.

#525575 05/30/04 01:17 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Double-O -- My Mom's gotten herself in the best shape in a LOOOOOONG time since she was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes several years ago. She was given a choice... make some changes, or go on insulin injections for the rest of her life. I've never been prouder of her than I am now that she has her diabetes under control AND has quit smoking for over two years-- after 30+ years of it.

Stuey-- I agree, sodas and juices are a major culprit in childhood obesity. Empty calories, and fortifying the juices with vitamins don't justify it. Water, water, water, everyone!

Dean-- send all pictures to Cru. HE'LL tell you if you're pleasing or not! lol Keep up the good work. Everyone else, too!

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#525576 05/30/04 01:19 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
P.S.-- rewarded myself with a stop at the UConn Dairy Bar today... medium cup of Black Raspberry. shocked

That's it until next month, I swear! laugh

#525577 05/31/04 12:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great news, Pov!

Since it's a holiday, I'm not going to do any exercise today, but on Tuesday it's back to WORK!

#525578 06/03/04 11:34 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Bought a pair of khaki shorts last weekend. I got them knowing they were too small, as an incentive to slim down enough to fit in them.

Only, I already can...! ElasticLad

Just on a whim, I tried them on after I got home-- just to get an idea of how much I needed to lose-- but they zipped and buttoned, no problem. Color me shocked. I can slip a coupla fingers under the waistband, even. I wore them to work Tuesday, and they were comfortable the entire workday. Yay! cool

Little surprises like that make it easier to stay focused on my goals, definitely. smile

Page 6 of 55 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
CreativityKid
CreativityKid
Pawtucket, RI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star