Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/30/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/30/24 04:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:47 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:46 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/30/24 12:46 AM
Annfie's Legion (and Non-Legion) fan art
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 11:08 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
So Graham Norton
#528200 07/24/03 07:45 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Last night, as always, BBC America aired back-to-back episodes. The first one had Cybil Shepard on it. Gawd, if she trashy in interviews, or what? She was going on about her affair with Elvis, shortly before he died. According to her, "Little Elvis" wasn't so little, and there was one thing that Elvis refused to "eat"... until he met her (apparently he became good at it, after some instruction). The next guest was Orlando Bloom, whom Cybil immediately began flirting with. Graham brought out a Legolas doll, and while he was trying to get it out of the box, Orlando made a comment about how Graham just wanted to get him to play with himself. He's so cute smile

The second episode featured Roseanne, who apparently doesn't like sex anymore, although she said for the sake of world peace she would sleep with Saddam. Probably do the job of getting rid of him much better than the military wink Anyhoo, together they placed a call to Austria, where there is apparently a town called "Fucking." Graham posed as a potential tourist, who wanted some information about Fucking, such as is there a Fucking hotel. The call ended just after the Austrian asked Graham when he'd be coming smile

I'm really beginning to like this show. I wish it was on just an hour or so earlier, though... 11 PM to midnight is just a little bit much for me.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Re: So Graham Norton
#528201 07/24/03 09:31 AM
Leader
Leader
Jeez, those are *old* shows. The Cybill/Orlando one was actually the very last So Graham Norton ever.

Don't fret though coz So... was a once a week, hour long show and it was so succesful that they changed it to being every week night but only for half an hour and renamed it V Graham Norton. VGN has been going for... ooh, probably two years or so now. Maybe a little longer. Essentially he's become the only succesful late night chat show host in the UK with a nightly show. We just have never had anything like Tonight or Letterman or anything like that and it was the holy grail of TV producers for a good long while but Norton is the only one to have acheived it.

He's still going strong as well, although I often think the hour long format was better since he could have two guests, much silliness with the audience and some kind of game and not feel like it was rushed which the half hour show sometimes does. A lot of it depends on the guests though. He tries to make sure he at least has lunch with the guests the day before they come on the show to see what they're like and think that's why he gets so much out of them. Some of them have even become friends and they're the *best* guests. Top of the list are probably Dolly Parton (who is great anyway but especially with Graham), Carrie Fisher (my friend went to a recording of an episode of SoGN with her on and it took three hours because the two of them were just gossiping the whole time) and Liza Minelli. Any guest who comes back more than a couple of times is worth it.

Best one though is probably the one with Joan Collins and the glove fetishist. That made me cry laughing.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#528202 07/24/03 09:59 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I was just checking out tonight's lineup, and apparently it's a show from Dollywood, with DOlly as the main (or maybe only) guest. I can't wait! I absolutely love Dolly interviews, and I can only imagine how it will be in a mostly uninhibited atmosphere.

Personally, I think Dolly should get a daytime talk show. Nothing Oprah-esque or anything... just like a daytime version fo the Tongiht Show. She is such a hoot, I know it would be a hit smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#528203 07/24/03 11:43 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
the "Dollywood" one is very good !!!

i think she's been on the show around 3 times ...

have you seen any with Grace Jones on ??? she's always REALLY good !!!

and there was a very funny one with Elton John singing "Rocket Man" down the phone to a guy in a harness !!!

Matthew.

#528204 07/24/03 11:46 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i forgot about Betty !!! who's always featured !!! and celeb he mentioned almost every episode was MILES O'KEEFE who appeared in the Bo Derek TAZAN film .....

he phoned him all the time !!! have you seen any of those ones ???

Matthew.

#528205 07/24/03 11:55 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Not yet. I only started watching a couple of days ago, and have so far only seen 3 episodes, I think.

Only nine hours until Dolly! smile

#528206 07/24/03 05:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Not yet. I only started watching a couple of days ago, and have so far only seen 3 episodes, I think.

Only nine hours until Dolly! smile
sorry !! i was getting carried away .... you may see these episodes in the future !!!

enjoy DOLLY !!!

Matthew.

#528207 07/24/03 05:51 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
do you have a show on the BBC channel called "THE ROYLE FAMILY" ???

it's about a working class family living on a housing estate in Manchester !!!

it's very funny, they don't actually say any jokes, it's just observational comedy !!!

Matthew.

#528208 07/28/03 07:36 AM
Leader
Leader
Betty really is the star of the show it has to be said.

Hopefully the Dolly one will be the Christmas special which was just one of the funniest things ever. Dolly and Graham clearly have almost the exact same sense of humour. Same with Carrie Fisher. And yes the Elton John episode was fabulous (especially what happened at the end of the call. He he he).

As a complete bit of trivia though on Friday Graham had Cate Blanchett on. Now he's had Orlando Bloom on before but he's never mentioned his link with LOTR before.

Which was that he was called in to audition for the role of Sam in the trilogy. He admits he was bloody awful, but can you imagine how different they might have been if Graham had got the part? He he he, that would have been very funny. might even have made them watchable. tongue

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#528209 07/28/03 08:00 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Bevis:
Which was that he was called in to audition for the role of Sam in the trilogy. He admits he was bloody awful, but can you imagine how different they might have been if Graham had got the part? He he he, that would have been very funny. might even have made them watchable. tongue
i was funny to hear that !!! somehow i couldn't imagine Graham following FRODO around without saying something RUDE or with a knowing SMILE !!!

Matthew.

#528210 07/28/03 08:44 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I think it was the Christmas episode that I watched the other night. At least, there was Christmassy things involved. Of course, what Christmas show would be complete without Dolly and Graham singin Islands in the Stream? wink

I was a little disappointed, cuz there was alot more Dollywood than Dolly herself in the show, but it was still nice to watch. I guess I really didn't realize the impact Dolly had on that area.

I thought it was really funny that all last week they were advertising a "new" episode on Friday night, featuring Liza and David, and then that same day Liza and David announced their separation.

Sigh... If a strong couple like them can't make it, how are Ben and J-Lo gonna survive? confused

#528211 07/28/03 09:47 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
I thought it was really funny that all last week they were advertising a "new" episode on Friday night, featuring Liza and David, and then that same day Liza and David announced their separation.

Sigh... If a strong couple like them can't make it, how are Ben and J-Lo gonna survive? confused
and just under a week since their docu was shown here !!! they SPLIT up !!!

have you seen DAVID kissing LIZA on their wedding day !! it was scary !! David was like a fish !! and Liza looks like she doesn't want that tounge in her mouth !!

it made me feel sick !!

Matthew.

#528212 07/28/03 10:18 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I guess Liza was as close to Judy as he could get smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,008
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blacula
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star