Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 30 Murran Spies, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 08:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
ABC'S Lost-Beware Spoliers!
#536733 10/25/04 11:52 AM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Anybody watching this show?

Next to DHW, this is the best new show on. And it even has a comic book connection. In the second episode, the kid on the show was reading a comic book that had a polar bear in it. Later, some of the survivors encountered and shot a polar bear...on a tropical island!

The comic book was Flash/Green Lantern: Fast Friends #1 - and in Spanish too. Never thought much about it but in an article about the show one of the producers said that the issue was no fluke and they picked it for a reason. The basic summary was that Flash and GL battle an alien that turns out to be a good guy in the end.

Also, we learn that Matthew Fox has no problem going all natural out in Hawaii. Now that is something I want to see.

Re: ABC'S Lost-Beware Spoliers!
#536734 10/25/04 12:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yes, I'm watching this, RT. Along with Desperate Housewives, that's about all I watch.

I love how they've structured Lost. They didn't have the complete plane crash scene in the first episode. Instead, they've spread it out through the episodes as it relates to each character's story. I also like the way they feature the back story of a character each week.

Lastly, there truly is magic on the island.

Also, did you realize that knife-carrying-wheelchair-guy-who-can-now-walk is none other than the creepy star of the Stepfather movies. It took me several episodes to place him.

#536735 10/25/04 12:14 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
He will also be creppy guy from alias but that actor has always played the baddie.

#536736 10/25/04 12:16 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Also you like them young huh? smile

#536737 10/25/04 12:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Not really, I prefer my own age group - less baggage, more furniture. wink

#536738 10/25/04 01:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm watching "Lost" (and also think it's the best thing this season next to DHW). I like watching a show where you really don't know where it's going to go. I almost hopes that Matthew Fox's character does go mad and becomes a bad guy - he's a little too much the leading man at the moment and it'd be interesting to see the castaways get by without his leadership.

I had a problem with the Locke episode. I thought it was a little too clever in how it tried to manipulate us.
-- First, he throws the knife to get attention and we think he's some soldier/assassin type, but in retrospect that was an incredibly dangerous thing to do since he's not a pro. He could've really hurt someone.
-- Secondly, how *did* he get all those friggin' knives checked in his luggage??? It's a cool moment and all, but c'mon...
-- Thirdly, now that we know what we know, the dialogue with his boss is overly harsh. He's not just a jerk, but an over the top a-hole if he's talking like that to a guy in a wheelchair.

Those are minor quibbles overall though in what's shaping up to be a great show.

#536739 10/25/04 01:27 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
What happend to Jack's Dad anyways? Why was't he in the casket?

Big rumor is that one of the main characters will not survive until the end of the season. Anybody want to place bets?

My top three... Jack, Locke or Prengant Girl.

Jack wasn't even supposed to survive the pilot.
Locke- why not
Prengant Girl- dies in child birth?

Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Not really, I prefer my own age group - less baggage, more furniture. wink
Guess I am out of the running then, I don't have any nice furniture smile

#536740 10/25/04 01:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If anyone doesn't survive I'm betting on Locke. Were they to kill Jack now then I think the rest of the 'castaways' would just lose it.

I think Jack's dad wasn't in the casket because the airline took the body out. They let him believe he could take the body home to shut him up but arrange to ship the body via another carrier. Just my theory.

Oh, and did you hear that they did pick Lost up for a full season? At least we'll get to see them through the first year. Lost and DHW are the only two shows outside of Survivor and CSI:Las Vegas that I really watch. At least until 24 returns in January.

#536741 10/25/04 02:23 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Never been a big CSI fan. I am also watching Jack and Bobby and waiting for the return of the OC.

In that article I read about Lost (in the latest TV guide) it metioned something else that I totally glossed over. It was the Kate epsiode. Did anyone notice that she was being chased by a federal agent and was ultimately betrayed by a one armed man? Ring any bells? Can't believe I missed it. Maybe this explains or foreshadows what Kate could have done.

#536742 10/25/04 02:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Too bad she didn't beat him with his arm. He was such a jerk to betray her like that.

#536743 10/25/04 02:27 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I'm thinking the brother of the mean girl will be the one to get the axe. I think he's a little put out about Jack being granted the leadership role and might be the one to initiate a schism in the group.

I hope it's not pregnant girl since she was kinda sparking with Charlie last week.

I will be glad when I get all the names down. This must be what it was like for casual Legion fan's felt when TMK went to the "no codenames" rule.

PS: Kudos to the Locke spotlight ep for the TPS report/"Office Space" in-joke.

#536744 10/26/04 09:11 AM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Never thught of him. He would be a good candiate too...

Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Too bad she didn't beat him with his arm. He was such a jerk to betray her like that.
lol

#536745 10/26/04 09:22 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'll go out on a limb and say that the Korean wife gets fed up and kills her husband smile

#536746 10/28/04 11:42 AM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Anybody watch last night's eposide?

Loved it! Locke knows so much more then he is letting on. Just read on another website that one of the main characters was never on the plane!

We have seen kate, locke, jack, LOTR guy, and the korean couple. My guess is the other guy with the blonde hair.

#536747 10/28/04 11:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The Korean couple's backstory was pretty well done. Except that I didn't buy the woman becoming so subservient and staying with an abusive husband. I hope the husband loosens up and develops into a likeable character.

#536748 10/28/04 12:17 PM
Active
Active
Is it already too obvious to see some of the parallels between the characters of Lost and Lord of the Flies?

Lord of the Flies:Ralph -leader for the civilized side
Lost:Jack-group-designated leader, the saviour

Lord of the Flies: Jack-leader of the savages (coincidence that Lost uses the name too?) Lost: Said or the brutish guy who fought with him in the first or second show

Lord of the Flies: Simon-the "mystic"
Lost: Clair (=clear) who is into guessing zodiac signs and was the reader of names for
the memorial they held OR Locke, the island's
other "mystic" with his "connection" to the
island; both Locke and Simon see the "beast" and since Simon ...S P O I L E R H E R E...
dies in the novel, could the first major
character who bites it be Clair or Locke?

Lord of the Flies: Piggy, brainy and ridiculed for being fat
Lost: overweight guy, although not brainy but
being used for comic relief; because Piggy in the novel...S P O I L E R....
also dies, overweight guy might be the one to
go first.

One other observation: Others may have already caught this, but I just realized that the pilot was played by Vaughn's partner from Alias. I wonder what other Alias characters might find their way on this show?

#536749 10/28/04 12:35 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
That is pretty prevelant in Asian society though. Once you are married you stay married I am sorry to say. And I don't think the husband was abusive, emtionally draining yes. I like the part about her only knowing english. Wonder how long that will last.

#536750 10/28/04 12:44 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Since one of the show creators also created Alias it has already happened. the actor who plays Locke played FBI Boss Kendall on season two of Alias.

Also the pilot -Greg Grunberg- was on the JJ Abrams show Felicity (where Jennifer Garner got her start), then went to Alias.

About some of the parallels---

Jack was supposed to die in the first episode so I think that is a stretch.

I wouldn't call the people staying on the beach exactly savages, more optimist to realists.

The Simon/Clair/Locke thing I can see though.

#536751 11/01/04 09:49 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS SHOW NOW!

Seriously, it's my most favorite pleasure of the new season. Big news- most everyone knows what a big Alias fan I am... with the insane successes of both Desparate Housewives and Lost, ABC is seriously thinking about moving Alias to the 9 PM slot on Wednesday following Lost in January. I think it's a great idea, honestly.

As for Lost, it is REALLY hard to predict the show at this point. The only thing I know for sure is that the 12-year-old boy playing Walt ain't gonna be able to do it for too much longer before puberty takes over. Remember, each episode is one day on the island (or peninsula, as we really don't know yet exactly where they are and they certainly haven't tried to map out the island yet.) Anyways, my money is on the monster getting the kid sometime soon.

I do feel bad about the split between Jack and Said. I'm very interested also in finding out why Jack is such an emotional black hole.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#536752 11/02/04 06:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't remember too much about "Lord of the Flies", but I do remember the symbolism of whatsisname breaking one of the lenses in his glasses and wondering if it has the same portent as the cut that runs over Locke's right eye. His having seen the whateveritis that's on the island reinforces this.

And regarding JJ Abrams' reuse of actors (almost as much as Joss Whedon, it seems), Deborah Foreman also made the leap from "Felicity" as the goth roommate to "Alias" as the FBI chick who marries the egghead guy. Someone (was it here?) said that the guy who played the pilot in "Lost" is in all JJ's things becuase they're longtime friends.

#536753 11/02/04 09:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, Greg Grunberg is tight with JJ Abrams. Good freind to have, huh?

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#536754 11/04/04 12:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So, what'd y'all think of the last ep? Like Locke, I had no doubt that he'd end up throwing it in the fire. It was nice to see his tragic backstory and makes his "second rate rockstar" status not as funny.

I missed the episode that focused on the Korean couple - what's their story? And what was with that look the kid's father gave the wife? (I need to start remembering these characters' names)

#536755 11/04/04 01:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Basicly, and I'm not sure if I'm remembering it all right, so correct me if I'm wrong, but the wife (I don't recall all the names either) is the daughter of a mobster. Her husband was a waiter or butler or something. He wanted to get her father to approve of their being married, and as a part of that accpeted a job working for the father. They were married, he started ignoring her due to his work, bought her a puppy to make up for it.

He came home from work one night covered in another man's blood (revealing/confirming to the wife that he was a hit man for her father). She questioned him on it, he smacked her around a bit, and she decided she was going to leave him. She made arrangements to leave him at the airport while they were checking in for the doomed flight. She had a car arranged to take he from the airport adn get her on another flight to America, leaving the husband to think she'd been kidnapped. I forget exactly what happened, but she ended up getting cold feet and staying with her husband.

The fight between her husband and the black man with the little kid came about when the husband saw that the black guy was wearing his father-in-law's watch, which he found in the wreckage. The husband thought that he'd stolen the watch, and eventually he gave the watch back after he found out that it belonged to the Korean man.

The shocker of the episode was that the wife can speak English, a fact which the husband is not aware of. She spoke to the black guy, and told him her story, which is why he gave her the knowing look in last night's episode.

If someone who saw the episode can confirm the details for me I'd appreciate it.

#536756 11/04/04 01:35 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The Korean couple, basic story....

Rich girl, poor guy. Guy does the standup Asian thing and ask her Dad for presmission to marry. Girl says no, lets just run away b/c my dad is not a good or kind man. Guy talks to dad anyways, dad surpriseingly says yes but only if you work for me. Girl not happy b/c seems dad may have some underhanded dealings. Couple marry and guy takes over Dad's factory in Australia. he is gone alot. He gives a puppy to girl. Then you see puppy all grown up and Girl basically being ignored. Husband comes back all covered in blood. Girl screams what have you done and husband says that he would do anything for her dad. Cut to the scene where he is on the phone wiht Dad and she is redecorating the house wiht this other woman. They go talk in private. The women has actually set up a way for the girl to escape and disappear. All she has to do is leave her husband at 11:45 go into a car and she will be gone. Also the women asks if she has been praticing with her tapes. She says yes. At the last moment, the girl decides not to leave and gets on the plane with her husband. They are right behind Jack at the counter.

Flash to the island. The kids father is wearing a watch that he finds in the wreackage. The korean guy sees it and jumps him. Apparently the watch was a gift from the girls dad and very percious to him. The korean guy is pummeling the other guy and the get separated. Since the Korean guy started it he gets handcuffed to a part of the plane. The only reason we know about the watch is becasue the kids father goes alone to chop wood in the jungle and the korean girl comes up to him ...and speaks english! So now he knows the truth about the watch and why he was attacked, but she makes him promise not to reveal that she speaks english b/c her husband dosen't know she can.

Since she was supposed to leave her husband, and he is a single dad...i smell romance.

Did you hear the latest rumor about the show? One of the main castmemebers...wasn't on the plane and he is always been on the island! My bet is either Sawyer -other white guy horder, or Hurley -big guy....

#536757 11/04/04 01:36 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
you beat me too it...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,222
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Fat Cramer
Fat Cramer
Café Cramer
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star