Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 04:22 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 03:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Who Wants to Be a Superhero? - Season Two Begins 7/26
#541709 07/28/06 01:19 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
So anyone else watch it? I thought it was pretty entertaining so far. I think Fat Momma and Major Victory are my faves. Something else else about Monkey Woman just gives me the wiggins though.

By the way, I tried entering the Ipod contest at the Scifi.com site and couldn't get it to work. Anyone else have that problem?

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
Re: Who Wants to Be a Superhero? - Season Two Begins 7/26
#541710 07/28/06 02:00 AM
Leader
Leader
not bad, my friend tried out and i guess didn't make it to the final 10 - he was in the opening 5 minutes as Mullet Man...

#541711 07/28/06 03:02 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
I had a lot of trouble voting, Actor Lad. I must have tried it 4 times, and even then it was slow as death. I guess because everyone hit the site at the same time. I couldn't believe who didn't get kicked off. Er, we don't have to announce spoilers on this thread, do we? Just in case, I'll hold my tongue for now.

ColorKid

#541712 07/28/06 07:40 AM
Leader
Leader
I thought it was really dorky, cheesey, summer, check-your-mind-in-at-the-door fun, though I was extremely disappointed with his first choice to go.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Iron Enforcer was far more unheroic with his compulsion to kill people than Levity was with his supposed greed. Of course, Levity was totally set up. Rotiart brought it up, and Levity obviously only said yeah in a laugh-it-off, I'm-not-really-interested-in-talking-to-you way. As for Nitro G, as much as I wanted smug-jerk-face Iron Enforcer to go again, based on the merits of the challenge, Nitro G did mess it up more.</span></span>

Of course, early kick-offs often return in some form, so I'm guessing the first and probably the second will be back (especially after Stan said, "I'm sure we'll see each other again"). In a classic comic-book twist, perhaps the rejected heroes will become villains.

I've never watched a full episode of any other reality series except during the first few seasons of "The Real World" (Judd and Pedro's year, mostly) before. Do the confessionals usually sound that scripted and rehearsed? They didn't back then.

And I agree with one TV critic I read who said all of Stan Lee's segments seemed pre-recorded, even the ones where he was directly responding to people.

But it's superheroes! I'll at least give it one more issue -- I mean episode. smile

#541713 07/28/06 10:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I this day and age, I really don't think there is sucha thing as reality TV anymore. People have learned the tricks to know how they need to act in order to get the most screen time, and I think that most of the people applying are looking for their 15 minutes (or more) of fame.

As a side note, Levity was a frequent poster on the old Wonder Woman YahooGroup that (I think) Bevis used to run, and he might have also been a member of LGLFF (Legion of Gay Legion Fans and Friends)... I can't remember. I do have a few picks of him on my computer that I had saved from a few years back. He was wearing various Halloween costumes that he had made (his Superboy costume was cool.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I felt bad for Levity that he got booted off so soon, especially for a comment he made that I didn't see as a big deal. I think Iron Whatsis' comments about killing were much worse. It's especially too bad since TTrost was actually a comics fan, where I don't think that can be said of all of the other contestants.</span></span>

I don't see myself watching this series regularly. Stan's stuff felt far too scripted, to me, and of the people who are left, none of them (except maybe for Fat Momma) feels remotely personable.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#541714 07/28/06 06:51 PM
Active
Active
I'll give the series another chance next week, but so far I'm not that impressed. A lot of them seemed more like the traditional rejects from Legion Tryouts, than heroes I'd trust.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">And Levity got thrown out for a stupid reason. Yes, Stan Lee may insist that heroes aren't supposed to be greedy... but by that logic, he would have had to throw Spider-Man off the show if he'd shown up as a beginning hero. Or doesn't he remember Spidey first using his "heroic" ID to cash in on the Ed Sullivan Show?</span></span>

But for now, I'll wait and see what happens...

#541715 07/28/06 07:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was laughing off so hard watching that show!! I like so far: Feedback, Fat Momma, Major Victory, Lemuria...so who is a spy? Rotiart! I burst into a big laughter. a real big one. my partner walked and asked me what s wrong and I said it just that dumb show that made me laughing and its worst at best. I will keep watching that show for fun. smile

#541716 07/28/06 08:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm liking this more than I thought I would ... I really like Fat Momma and Major Victory ... Cell Phone Girl surprised me and I give her props for doing the right thing.

#541717 07/29/06 11:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Silly but fun. Feedback, Fat Momma and Major Victory are my favorites so far. I'll probably keep watching it.

#541718 07/30/06 01:31 AM
Active
Active
I wanted to like Feedback the best. My reason is that he looks like my idea of a traditional superhero, and the fact that his real life story reminds me a great deal of Scott's and it struck a cord with my heart. But, when Feedback failed the first true test, I felt very let down. As a woman, I was proud and not really surprised that the women would give up everything in order to put a child first. Also as a woman, I was very disturbed that Monkey Woman and Creature did not do the right thing. I am enjoying watching Stan Lee as he interacts with these hopefuls. This is like watching Legion Try-Outs in real life smile

#541719 07/30/06 01:39 AM
Active
Active
What hurts is that considering Levity had worked on the "Justice League" cartoon in RL, he probably would have known enough to go check on the kid instead of finishing the race. Oh well...

#541720 08/03/06 06:24 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Remember everyone, tonights the 2nd ep!

ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#541721 08/03/06 11:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was really impressed with Monkey Woman tonight. She has spunk.

Major Victory came shining through again. He must be a lot stronger than he looks.

Iron Enforcer must have been a plant from the beginning. His being booted at that moment was so obviously scripted...

#541722 08/04/06 12:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
good bye, Cell Phone Girl. she should have thought better that she cannot ignore any disaster if she has a headache. What if the earthquake hits while you have a headache?

I am not sure about Iron Enforcer's intention of being a superhero - his courage just screamed more fake than Cell Phone Girl...needless to admit.

Fat Momma at least tried of think something of distracting the dogs...failed, but it was a good effort and that's a part of courage shown there.

Monkey Woman....sigh... she is definitely a hero to watch....growing on me, so I like her.

Major Victory is soooo flamboyant! I keep thinking that Feedback and Major Victory should make a nice couple! LOL!

Lastly, the second elimination....YES!!!! feels so relieved to see Iron Enforcer lets go. I knew that he came back as their super VILLAIN! He would make a great AE!

#541723 08/04/06 08:59 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I just caught a marathon of this! At first, I avoided it because it offended my elitist view of comic books. That quickly faded away and I have to say, I'm enjoying it!

My fave has got to be Major Victory--that guy is having fun, being in character, and well, really acting pretty heroic. When he had the girl leap into his arms (and you could see her break character and show a really big grin), I was cracking up.

I thought they all looked really cool when their costumes were 'updated'.

Iron Enforcer as a villain was so scripted...but so much fun to watch! It was such a Stan Lee moment. The cheesiness factor made it all the better.

Supes, like you, Monkey Woman is growing on me.

That whole costume drama with Tyvechtus and Feedback made them both kinda annoying in my eyes. It felt like 4th grade, with one annoying kid and one other kid thats so self-conscious.

Fat Mamma is really fun too. I'm about to write Stan Lee an email and ask her name be changed to Liberty Mamma to reflect her new costume.

What's the woman in gold's name? Besides Monkey Woman, I really only want to root for the people who helped the little girl.

#541724 08/04/06 03:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
that's Lumaria....gold and black one correct?

#541725 08/04/06 03:19 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Goodness, I am glad I'm not the only one to have this as a secret pleasure.

The ones I like: Monkey Woman, Creature, & Fat Momma. I also liked Cell Phone Girl, but she's been rejected (let's use the Legion term) I kind of like Feedback. I only like Majory Victory because of his past as an exotic dancer, although he seems a bit ashamed about it.

Iron Enforcer is definitely a plant like Rotiart. Getting almost to the door and crying Uncle.

Regarding the new costumes, I think Tyvechtus' coustome would have been perfect without the lip-like shoulder pads and his original helmet.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#541726 08/05/06 04:13 PM
Active
Active
I have to grant that while I'm still not that thrilled with Monkey Woman's ID... her sheer determination makes her heroic. And she's one of the most athletic of the contestants, as shown already.

But unless something goes really wrong, I'm thinking it's Major Victory for the win. He seems the most into the "Silver Age" style that Stan Lee's pushing, but just enough of a "dark past" to get a more modern audience.

My brother says that Iron Enforcer could have redeemed himself at the episode's end. When he was offered the chance to become a supervillain and get his revenge on the others, Iron Enforcer could have refused. Showing that much determination to be a hero even when others are against you, would have to be one of the qualities Lee is looking for. Doing the right thing, no matter what?

#541727 08/09/06 06:57 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
The whole cast has MySpace pages in case y'all want to friend them and/or send them messages.

I was sorry to see Cellphone Girl go, but someone had to that task. While I agree that the whole Iron Enforcer thing makes it seem like he was a plant all along, I doubt that guy could convincingly keep up the act. I think he was later clued in on what they wanted to do with his character.

I had a viewing party with some friends and I have to tell y'all that watching this show is even more fun in a group. I can't wait till tomorrows ep.

ActorLad

#541728 08/10/06 10:05 PM
Deputy
Deputy
How many episodes of this show are there supposed to be?

#541729 08/10/06 10:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
At two eliminations a show I wouldn't think more than three after tonight.

#541730 08/10/06 10:25 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
How many episodes of this show are there supposed to be?
Six episodes to be aired. Enough tape for an eight hour DVD, or so I was told by a buyer for Trans World (parent of Suncoast chain)

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#541731 08/10/06 10:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So can I talk about tonight's show yet?

#541732 08/10/06 10:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Tekwych:
[b] How many episodes of this show are there supposed to be?
Six episodes to be aired. Enough tape for an eight hour DVD, or so I was told by a buyer for Trans World (parent of Suncoast chain)[/b]
Which would make three more after tonight.

So can I talk about tonight's show yet?
Just use the spoiler tag since some are still watching if you want to give anything away.

#541733 08/10/06 11:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
heard that there will be a double elimination.....spoil away if you feel like...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,193
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Arm Fall Off Boy
Arm Fall Off Boy
North Carolina
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star