Roll Call
0 members (), 31 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Who Wants to Be a Superhero? - Season Two Begins 7/26
#541734 08/10/06 11:20 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Okay...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm not really liking how things are going now. I'll keep watching, but I'm not really into watching the heroes turn on each other. The footage after Tyveculus (sp) turned in his costume made Lemuria out to be the stereotypical 'bad girl' of reality genre shows while Fat Momma's little "I'll get them" was definitely unheroic.</span></span>

And about tonight's first banishment ...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Monkey Woman isn't the only actor in the cast. Heck, at least half the cast have done some kind of acting ... either Stan knew that and the show is even more scripted than I thought or... I can't really think of a way for him to honestly NOT know, so I'm going to just call it scripted. </span></span>

The challenge in tonight's show was pretty good I thought, though.

#541735 08/10/06 11:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I liked the challenge too but Dark Enforcer is being wasted, IMO. Not very villainy of him, helping them out. Now a real villain would have said he'd do the challenge that way then reverse it so the heroes were doing what they really thought they were doing. smile

As for the other stuff, I agree. I liked Fat Momma until tonight. Definitely unheroic of her.

#541736 08/10/06 11:51 PM
Active
Active
My brother had an idea on how to use Dark Enforcer in that challenge. The heroes are readying to go save the girl... that's when Stan Lee warns them that Dark Enforcer is waiting to attack one of them. Whatever sound effect they choose to simulate the attack, if you're on the beam when that sound goes off -- Dark Enforcer "shot" you, and you failed the test.

Now the choice becomes this: do you try to rescue the girl and risk getting "gunned down", or try to find Dark Enforcer and risk that the girl can't be saved in time?

#541737 08/11/06 01:34 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Honestly I what I think about tonights ep is just that Fat Momma's really hurt at Ty's leaving and is currently saying some stuff she'll regret. I'm kind of on the fence about Lemuria at the moment, since she seems to want to win no matter the cost. I still can't say I care for Creature. Major Victory is still a hoot.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#541738 08/11/06 12:38 PM
strange but not a stranger
I think Creature's jumping up right away was that she figured out the right answer for the challenge.

I can see how they could not have the "contestants" actually walk a beam that high up. Although I thouoght that they would just have a safety net strung up. But then again, if one had fallen, he/she might have had a heart attack before landing in the safety net.

I agree that they aren't using Dark Enforcer in the best possible way.

And I was sorry to see Monkey Woman go. Especially after her heroic effort with the gurad dogs. I think Tyveculus was worse for showing his drivers license. And Monkey Woman's giving the guy some web sites to visit was helping someone out which is what a superhero does. As for her "lie" she may be an actress, but that doesn't mean she isn't also a realtor. Just like with Levity, I think Stan has forgotten Spiderman's original quest to exploit his powers and not have given these two the chance to redeem themselves.

I am rooting for Fat Momma, but wouln't mind Major Vicotry or Feedback winning. I somehow don't think Fat Momma is going to win.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#541739 08/11/06 03:38 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I can see how they could not have the "contestants" actually walk a beam that high up. Although I thouoght that they would just have a safety net strung up. But then again, if one had fallen, he/she might have had a heart attack before landing in the safety net.
I'd seen some episodes of Fear Factor, mainly the celebrity ones. And I know they do a harness setup on the players if they're supposed to walk a beam. The heroes knew that they got safety gear to face the dogs; none of them noticed that a more dangerous stunt wasn't allowed as much safety gear? That should have tipped them off...

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
And Monkey Woman's giving the guy some web sites to visit was helping someone out which is what a superhero does. As for her "lie" she may be an actress, but that doesn't mean she isn't also a realtor. Just like with Levity, I think Stan has forgotten Spiderman's original quest to exploit his powers and not have given these two the chance to redeem themselves.
I believe Lee's argument against Monkey Woman wasn't just the point that she gave out her "secret identity". It was also the point that she was being an actress that happens to be a superhero... rather than a superhero that happens to be an actress when she's off-duty. The heroic identity comes first, in Lee's thinking.

But I agree that Levity's expulsion was a set-up, since Rotiart fed him the question. According to Lee, superheroes are never supposed to be greedy... but does that mean that they have to take a vow of poverty?

#541740 08/12/06 11:05 AM
Leader
Leader
This show continues to be fun, but it feels way scripted -- maybe not as much for the contestants but definitely in the way the challenges go.

Yes, Monkey Woman both failed the secret ID challenge and lied about being an actress. But is she a professional actress? Hollywood's a hard place to break into. Like Quis says, what's to she she isn't a real esatate agent? It probably pays better than waitressing. And there's no possible way the producers wouldn't do background checks to cover their own liability. They had to have known. Still, like Nitro G, she failed the challenge most miserably and didn't give Stan much choice.

As for Tyveculus -- that challenge was a real Catch-22, and you had to figure out what trap Stan was laying. Maybe Creature's a good actress, but she seemed sincere. The others, it was hard to tell. Well, Lemuria was pretty obviously faking it.

But Stan has been going on and on about honesty. Tyveculus was almost eliminated last episode because he wasn't honest about disliking his new costume. So this episode he's eliminated because he is honest. Kind of hypocritical, Stan.

I think Fat Momma picked up on that and either wasn't expressing herself well or was edited to seem that way. Either way, her "I'm gonna get 'em" attitude at the end was rather unheroic.

At this point, I'm still pulling for Feedback. Of those left over, he seems to be the only one in it for a love of comics (based on comments in the first ep). Plus, if he really did quit his job, he needs the money. I hope he gets residuals from the comic and TV movie.

#541741 08/12/06 12:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I have to admit that I really don't like Feedback. He's just not made any kind of positive impression on me. He really is too instense for me.

I prefer the heroes who seem to be having fun with it like Major Victory. laugh

#541742 08/13/06 09:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
and to tell you the truth Dark Enforcer seems more like a Henchmen than a Super Villian to me. and him calling Stan "Boss" makes it like Stan is the Villian and Enforce is his flunkie.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#541743 08/13/06 09:54 PM
Leader
Leader
I was pulling for Major Victoy, since he's such a goofy hoot, but his total horndog routine this latest ep cost him some points with me. It made clear what, of course, I already knew, that his super-hero persona was all act. But his comments to the girl on the roof let slip a little of his real personality, I think, marking him as an opportunist out to advance his own interests through the show.

I'm now pulling for Feedback, who seems the most sincerely into the show for its own merits.

BTW, this month's Previews has the solicitation from Dark Horse for the Who Wants to be a Super-Hero comic, with covers for Major Victory, Feedback and Lumeria shown. Makes me think they might be the final three.

Stan co-writes the book with Wells Hartley, whoever that is. No art team is listed. The book is $3.50 for 32 pages. Normally, I'd pass on that price point, but I broke down and added it to my pull list.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the entire cast would make a pretty nifty super-hero team comic? Maybey a group called "True Believers?" Hmm.. Actually, that would be a better name for the show, as well.

#541744 08/13/06 10:35 PM
Active
Active
That's what I started thinking between the 2nd and 3rd episodes. That Stan Lee might have to feature whoever won as the starring hero for the movie and comic... but the other heroes could show up as well.

Like if it was Major Victory who won, his story could be to stop Doctor Monster from creating an army of mutated animals. But who better to help Major Victory stop the villain's henchmen from stealing animals -- than Monkey Woman? And so on...

#541745 08/14/06 12:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I only just watched the last episode and it seems to me they should have tried to make the recruitment more seriously in terms of finding real fans rather than wannabe actors trying to win a game show (though it sounds like Feedback might be taking this seriously). There's too much room for them to "act" and pretend to do the right thing rather than actually test them. If real fans were involved the drama might be more real.

#541746 08/14/06 04:01 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
This is still really entertaining. Cheesy as hell, but really entertaining.

I still like Major Victory a lot, but some others are cool too (Feedback, Lemuria, Fat Mamma).

I agree about Iron Enforcer--they should make him dastardly.

#541747 08/17/06 10:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Interesting competition tonight. Too bad Lemuria was the only one who couldn't finish hers. But I think hers may have been tougher than the other three.

My favorite line tonight was said by Major Victory.

I was really worried about Feedback. He has to hug this guy three times. You know what? I'm going to miss Feedback.

I was kinda sad to see <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lemuria</span></span> go but the final three are interesting.

Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
BTW, this month's Previews has the solicitation from Dark Horse for the Who Wants to be a Super-Hero comic, with covers for Major Victory, Feedback and Lumeria shown. Makes me think they might be the final three.
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Nope. Must have been a red herring or they are planning more covers.</span></span>

#541748 08/17/06 11:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Okay.. I'm going to say it.

Feedback is <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">nuts.</span></span>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Fat Mama may have been right about him. I don't think he'd hurt anyone else, but I could really see him losing it and hurting himself if he loses. Of course, he could just be a great actor, but I feel he's a bit more into this than I'm comfortable with.</span></span>

#541749 08/18/06 12:29 AM
Active
Active
I've said it before, I am pulling for Feedback because he is so intense. He reminds me of Scott. Having lost his father at a young and impressionable age and discovering comics at much the same time, a psychological nitch and a deep hole in the heart was filled by the substitute fathers created by Stan Lee and the other greats. Go Feedback! Go!!!!

Fat Mama is only in it for the money and the novelty. She hasn't paid any superhero dues or bought her weight in comic books over the years. No, she doesn't deserve to win, and Major Victory is too much of a ham. The only hero with any substance is Feedback.

#541750 08/18/06 12:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Major Victory is so campy!!! Moonwalking ? Please!! that's sooo 80s! LOL! at least it made me laugh. sorry to see two more go....*sigh*

One thing that really bothers me is none of the guys stood up to Stan and ask him how did he know if the Dark Enforcer is telling the truth and what if he holds one of their loved ones hostage or bribed by him? I would speak out against Stan and ask him how could he trust a supervillain who lies a lot than superhero? Geez.

#541751 08/18/06 12:57 AM
Active
Active
Yes, I've switched my vote from Major Victory to Feedback for the winner. Though Stan Lee was getting on Victory's case a bit too much. Yes, the guy had been an exotic dancer... but he's trying to do better now. But Lee called him on the point of taking off his cape to cover up a puddle for the lady. Major Victory was just doing a Walter Raleigh-style moment, but it was treated like he was doing a striptease in front of the poor lady?

#541752 08/18/06 09:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The entire show just feels like a badly scripted comic book. So many of last night's "revelations" were of long ago acts, yet Stan made them seem as though they just happened yesterday. And I really don't find any of the actors... sorry... contestants to be overly genuine in their motivations. They seem more like they are looking for 15 minutes of fame that they can stretch out further. With a show like this, I would have preferred to see real comic fans who were trying to get their creations into a comic book... not people trying to get into show business, which most of these people seem like.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#541753 08/18/06 03:06 PM
Observations about last night's show:

The lady who walked across Major Victory's cape almost slipped and fell. Lawsuit!

Stan doesn't keep up with the comic. "Spiderman would never take off his mask." My understanding is that they did some casting at this Summer's San Diego Comic Con. And when did the news of Spiderman's unmasking start?

#541754 08/18/06 03:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Casting was supposed to have ended on April 7 so I don't think they did any at SDCC unless it was last minute. Plus the show premiered four days after the con ended. That's kind of tight for filming, especially for this heavily scripted show.

#541755 08/18/06 03:19 PM
OK. I must have heard wrong about the casting thing. Still when was the story of Spiderman & Civil War making the news?

#541756 08/18/06 03:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
June 14 so they conceivably should have known and had time to retape Lee's scenes. I feel, like others have mentioned, that Lee's scenes are pre-taped and he has only the elimination times as true interaction with the heroes.

Everytime I hear him say "Spider-Man would never take off his mask" or "Superman would never give up his cape" I have to laugh since we all know since Peter unmasked both have happened. I think Lee is trying to be too dramatic and some of his old cliches just aren't true in today's comics.

#541757 08/18/06 04:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think equating the removal of a cape with the removal of a mask is kinda silly anyways. I mean, unless you wear your cape over your head, it probably does nothing to conceal your identity. And, as far as that goes, Superman has removed his cape before, I believe, to wrap things up in it.

You have to cut Stan some slack, I guess. He must be around 100-120 years old by now laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#541758 08/18/06 06:35 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I never cared for Creature so I can't say I was sad to see her go. Lemuria I originally liked but she's been acting kind of bratty the last few eps.

I don't get why someone would worry about Feedback's mental health. Just as a big comic fan he takes it a lot more seriously then the others. I have to admit I like all three of the remaining superheroes and wouldn't mind if there was a twist and they all ended being a part of a superteam.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,182
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
brigort
brigort
PEI, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star