Roll Call
0 members (), 36 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/07/24 06:09 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/07/24 05:36 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Who Wants to Be a Superhero? - Season Two Begins 7/26
#541709 07/28/06 01:19 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
So anyone else watch it? I thought it was pretty entertaining so far. I think Fat Momma and Major Victory are my faves. Something else else about Monkey Woman just gives me the wiggins though.

By the way, I tried entering the Ipod contest at the Scifi.com site and couldn't get it to work. Anyone else have that problem?

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
Re: Who Wants to Be a Superhero? - Season Two Begins 7/26
#541710 07/28/06 02:00 AM
Leader
Leader
not bad, my friend tried out and i guess didn't make it to the final 10 - he was in the opening 5 minutes as Mullet Man...

#541711 07/28/06 03:02 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
I had a lot of trouble voting, Actor Lad. I must have tried it 4 times, and even then it was slow as death. I guess because everyone hit the site at the same time. I couldn't believe who didn't get kicked off. Er, we don't have to announce spoilers on this thread, do we? Just in case, I'll hold my tongue for now.

ColorKid

#541712 07/28/06 07:40 AM
Leader
Leader
I thought it was really dorky, cheesey, summer, check-your-mind-in-at-the-door fun, though I was extremely disappointed with his first choice to go.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Iron Enforcer was far more unheroic with his compulsion to kill people than Levity was with his supposed greed. Of course, Levity was totally set up. Rotiart brought it up, and Levity obviously only said yeah in a laugh-it-off, I'm-not-really-interested-in-talking-to-you way. As for Nitro G, as much as I wanted smug-jerk-face Iron Enforcer to go again, based on the merits of the challenge, Nitro G did mess it up more.</span></span>

Of course, early kick-offs often return in some form, so I'm guessing the first and probably the second will be back (especially after Stan said, "I'm sure we'll see each other again"). In a classic comic-book twist, perhaps the rejected heroes will become villains.

I've never watched a full episode of any other reality series except during the first few seasons of "The Real World" (Judd and Pedro's year, mostly) before. Do the confessionals usually sound that scripted and rehearsed? They didn't back then.

And I agree with one TV critic I read who said all of Stan Lee's segments seemed pre-recorded, even the ones where he was directly responding to people.

But it's superheroes! I'll at least give it one more issue -- I mean episode. smile

#541713 07/28/06 10:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I this day and age, I really don't think there is sucha thing as reality TV anymore. People have learned the tricks to know how they need to act in order to get the most screen time, and I think that most of the people applying are looking for their 15 minutes (or more) of fame.

As a side note, Levity was a frequent poster on the old Wonder Woman YahooGroup that (I think) Bevis used to run, and he might have also been a member of LGLFF (Legion of Gay Legion Fans and Friends)... I can't remember. I do have a few picks of him on my computer that I had saved from a few years back. He was wearing various Halloween costumes that he had made (his Superboy costume was cool.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I felt bad for Levity that he got booted off so soon, especially for a comment he made that I didn't see as a big deal. I think Iron Whatsis' comments about killing were much worse. It's especially too bad since TTrost was actually a comics fan, where I don't think that can be said of all of the other contestants.</span></span>

I don't see myself watching this series regularly. Stan's stuff felt far too scripted, to me, and of the people who are left, none of them (except maybe for Fat Momma) feels remotely personable.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#541714 07/28/06 06:51 PM
Active
Active
I'll give the series another chance next week, but so far I'm not that impressed. A lot of them seemed more like the traditional rejects from Legion Tryouts, than heroes I'd trust.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">And Levity got thrown out for a stupid reason. Yes, Stan Lee may insist that heroes aren't supposed to be greedy... but by that logic, he would have had to throw Spider-Man off the show if he'd shown up as a beginning hero. Or doesn't he remember Spidey first using his "heroic" ID to cash in on the Ed Sullivan Show?</span></span>

But for now, I'll wait and see what happens...

#541715 07/28/06 07:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was laughing off so hard watching that show!! I like so far: Feedback, Fat Momma, Major Victory, Lemuria...so who is a spy? Rotiart! I burst into a big laughter. a real big one. my partner walked and asked me what s wrong and I said it just that dumb show that made me laughing and its worst at best. I will keep watching that show for fun. smile

#541716 07/28/06 08:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm liking this more than I thought I would ... I really like Fat Momma and Major Victory ... Cell Phone Girl surprised me and I give her props for doing the right thing.

#541717 07/29/06 11:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Silly but fun. Feedback, Fat Momma and Major Victory are my favorites so far. I'll probably keep watching it.

#541718 07/30/06 01:31 AM
Active
Active
I wanted to like Feedback the best. My reason is that he looks like my idea of a traditional superhero, and the fact that his real life story reminds me a great deal of Scott's and it struck a cord with my heart. But, when Feedback failed the first true test, I felt very let down. As a woman, I was proud and not really surprised that the women would give up everything in order to put a child first. Also as a woman, I was very disturbed that Monkey Woman and Creature did not do the right thing. I am enjoying watching Stan Lee as he interacts with these hopefuls. This is like watching Legion Try-Outs in real life smile

#541719 07/30/06 01:39 AM
Active
Active
What hurts is that considering Levity had worked on the "Justice League" cartoon in RL, he probably would have known enough to go check on the kid instead of finishing the race. Oh well...

#541720 08/03/06 06:24 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Remember everyone, tonights the 2nd ep!

ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#541721 08/03/06 11:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was really impressed with Monkey Woman tonight. She has spunk.

Major Victory came shining through again. He must be a lot stronger than he looks.

Iron Enforcer must have been a plant from the beginning. His being booted at that moment was so obviously scripted...

#541722 08/04/06 12:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
good bye, Cell Phone Girl. she should have thought better that she cannot ignore any disaster if she has a headache. What if the earthquake hits while you have a headache?

I am not sure about Iron Enforcer's intention of being a superhero - his courage just screamed more fake than Cell Phone Girl...needless to admit.

Fat Momma at least tried of think something of distracting the dogs...failed, but it was a good effort and that's a part of courage shown there.

Monkey Woman....sigh... she is definitely a hero to watch....growing on me, so I like her.

Major Victory is soooo flamboyant! I keep thinking that Feedback and Major Victory should make a nice couple! LOL!

Lastly, the second elimination....YES!!!! feels so relieved to see Iron Enforcer lets go. I knew that he came back as their super VILLAIN! He would make a great AE!

#541723 08/04/06 08:59 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I just caught a marathon of this! At first, I avoided it because it offended my elitist view of comic books. That quickly faded away and I have to say, I'm enjoying it!

My fave has got to be Major Victory--that guy is having fun, being in character, and well, really acting pretty heroic. When he had the girl leap into his arms (and you could see her break character and show a really big grin), I was cracking up.

I thought they all looked really cool when their costumes were 'updated'.

Iron Enforcer as a villain was so scripted...but so much fun to watch! It was such a Stan Lee moment. The cheesiness factor made it all the better.

Supes, like you, Monkey Woman is growing on me.

That whole costume drama with Tyvechtus and Feedback made them both kinda annoying in my eyes. It felt like 4th grade, with one annoying kid and one other kid thats so self-conscious.

Fat Mamma is really fun too. I'm about to write Stan Lee an email and ask her name be changed to Liberty Mamma to reflect her new costume.

What's the woman in gold's name? Besides Monkey Woman, I really only want to root for the people who helped the little girl.

#541724 08/04/06 03:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
that's Lumaria....gold and black one correct?

#541725 08/04/06 03:19 PM
strange but not a stranger
Goodness, I am glad I'm not the only one to have this as a secret pleasure.

The ones I like: Monkey Woman, Creature, & Fat Momma. I also liked Cell Phone Girl, but she's been rejected (let's use the Legion term) I kind of like Feedback. I only like Majory Victory because of his past as an exotic dancer, although he seems a bit ashamed about it.

Iron Enforcer is definitely a plant like Rotiart. Getting almost to the door and crying Uncle.

Regarding the new costumes, I think Tyvechtus' coustome would have been perfect without the lip-like shoulder pads and his original helmet.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#541726 08/05/06 04:13 PM
Active
Active
I have to grant that while I'm still not that thrilled with Monkey Woman's ID... her sheer determination makes her heroic. And she's one of the most athletic of the contestants, as shown already.

But unless something goes really wrong, I'm thinking it's Major Victory for the win. He seems the most into the "Silver Age" style that Stan Lee's pushing, but just enough of a "dark past" to get a more modern audience.

My brother says that Iron Enforcer could have redeemed himself at the episode's end. When he was offered the chance to become a supervillain and get his revenge on the others, Iron Enforcer could have refused. Showing that much determination to be a hero even when others are against you, would have to be one of the qualities Lee is looking for. Doing the right thing, no matter what?

#541727 08/09/06 06:57 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
The whole cast has MySpace pages in case y'all want to friend them and/or send them messages.

I was sorry to see Cellphone Girl go, but someone had to that task. While I agree that the whole Iron Enforcer thing makes it seem like he was a plant all along, I doubt that guy could convincingly keep up the act. I think he was later clued in on what they wanted to do with his character.

I had a viewing party with some friends and I have to tell y'all that watching this show is even more fun in a group. I can't wait till tomorrows ep.

ActorLad

#541728 08/10/06 10:05 PM
Deputy
Deputy
How many episodes of this show are there supposed to be?

#541729 08/10/06 10:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
At two eliminations a show I wouldn't think more than three after tonight.

#541730 08/10/06 10:25 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
How many episodes of this show are there supposed to be?
Six episodes to be aired. Enough tape for an eight hour DVD, or so I was told by a buyer for Trans World (parent of Suncoast chain)

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#541731 08/10/06 10:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So can I talk about tonight's show yet?

#541732 08/10/06 10:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Tekwych:
[b] How many episodes of this show are there supposed to be?
Six episodes to be aired. Enough tape for an eight hour DVD, or so I was told by a buyer for Trans World (parent of Suncoast chain)[/b]
Which would make three more after tonight.

So can I talk about tonight's show yet?
Just use the spoiler tag since some are still watching if you want to give anything away.

#541733 08/10/06 11:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
heard that there will be a double elimination.....spoil away if you feel like...

#541734 08/10/06 11:20 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Okay...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm not really liking how things are going now. I'll keep watching, but I'm not really into watching the heroes turn on each other. The footage after Tyveculus (sp) turned in his costume made Lemuria out to be the stereotypical 'bad girl' of reality genre shows while Fat Momma's little "I'll get them" was definitely unheroic.</span></span>

And about tonight's first banishment ...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Monkey Woman isn't the only actor in the cast. Heck, at least half the cast have done some kind of acting ... either Stan knew that and the show is even more scripted than I thought or... I can't really think of a way for him to honestly NOT know, so I'm going to just call it scripted. </span></span>

The challenge in tonight's show was pretty good I thought, though.

#541735 08/10/06 11:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I liked the challenge too but Dark Enforcer is being wasted, IMO. Not very villainy of him, helping them out. Now a real villain would have said he'd do the challenge that way then reverse it so the heroes were doing what they really thought they were doing. smile

As for the other stuff, I agree. I liked Fat Momma until tonight. Definitely unheroic of her.

#541736 08/10/06 11:51 PM
Active
Active
My brother had an idea on how to use Dark Enforcer in that challenge. The heroes are readying to go save the girl... that's when Stan Lee warns them that Dark Enforcer is waiting to attack one of them. Whatever sound effect they choose to simulate the attack, if you're on the beam when that sound goes off -- Dark Enforcer "shot" you, and you failed the test.

Now the choice becomes this: do you try to rescue the girl and risk getting "gunned down", or try to find Dark Enforcer and risk that the girl can't be saved in time?

#541737 08/11/06 01:34 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Honestly I what I think about tonights ep is just that Fat Momma's really hurt at Ty's leaving and is currently saying some stuff she'll regret. I'm kind of on the fence about Lemuria at the moment, since she seems to want to win no matter the cost. I still can't say I care for Creature. Major Victory is still a hoot.

ActorLad

#541738 08/11/06 12:38 PM
I think Creature's jumping up right away was that she figured out the right answer for the challenge.

I can see how they could not have the "contestants" actually walk a beam that high up. Although I thouoght that they would just have a safety net strung up. But then again, if one had fallen, he/she might have had a heart attack before landing in the safety net.

I agree that they aren't using Dark Enforcer in the best possible way.

And I was sorry to see Monkey Woman go. Especially after her heroic effort with the gurad dogs. I think Tyveculus was worse for showing his drivers license. And Monkey Woman's giving the guy some web sites to visit was helping someone out which is what a superhero does. As for her "lie" she may be an actress, but that doesn't mean she isn't also a realtor. Just like with Levity, I think Stan has forgotten Spiderman's original quest to exploit his powers and not have given these two the chance to redeem themselves.

I am rooting for Fat Momma, but wouln't mind Major Vicotry or Feedback winning. I somehow don't think Fat Momma is going to win.

#541739 08/11/06 03:38 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I can see how they could not have the "contestants" actually walk a beam that high up. Although I thouoght that they would just have a safety net strung up. But then again, if one had fallen, he/she might have had a heart attack before landing in the safety net.
I'd seen some episodes of Fear Factor, mainly the celebrity ones. And I know they do a harness setup on the players if they're supposed to walk a beam. The heroes knew that they got safety gear to face the dogs; none of them noticed that a more dangerous stunt wasn't allowed as much safety gear? That should have tipped them off...

And Monkey Woman's giving the guy some web sites to visit was helping someone out which is what a superhero does. As for her "lie" she may be an actress, but that doesn't mean she isn't also a realtor. Just like with Levity, I think Stan has forgotten Spiderman's original quest to exploit his powers and not have given these two the chance to redeem themselves.
I believe Lee's argument against Monkey Woman wasn't just the point that she gave out her "secret identity". It was also the point that she was being an actress that happens to be a superhero... rather than a superhero that happens to be an actress when she's off-duty. The heroic identity comes first, in Lee's thinking.

But I agree that Levity's expulsion was a set-up, since Rotiart fed him the question. According to Lee, superheroes are never supposed to be greedy... but does that mean that they have to take a vow of poverty?

#541740 08/12/06 11:05 AM
Leader
Leader
This show continues to be fun, but it feels way scripted -- maybe not as much for the contestants but definitely in the way the challenges go.

Yes, Monkey Woman both failed the secret ID challenge and lied about being an actress. But is she a professional actress? Hollywood's a hard place to break into. Like Quis says, what's to she she isn't a real esatate agent? It probably pays better than waitressing. And there's no possible way the producers wouldn't do background checks to cover their own liability. They had to have known. Still, like Nitro G, she failed the challenge most miserably and didn't give Stan much choice.

As for Tyveculus -- that challenge was a real Catch-22, and you had to figure out what trap Stan was laying. Maybe Creature's a good actress, but she seemed sincere. The others, it was hard to tell. Well, Lemuria was pretty obviously faking it.

But Stan has been going on and on about honesty. Tyveculus was almost eliminated last episode because he wasn't honest about disliking his new costume. So this episode he's eliminated because he is honest. Kind of hypocritical, Stan.

I think Fat Momma picked up on that and either wasn't expressing herself well or was edited to seem that way. Either way, her "I'm gonna get 'em" attitude at the end was rather unheroic.

At this point, I'm still pulling for Feedback. Of those left over, he seems to be the only one in it for a love of comics (based on comments in the first ep). Plus, if he really did quit his job, he needs the money. I hope he gets residuals from the comic and TV movie.

#541741 08/12/06 12:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I have to admit that I really don't like Feedback. He's just not made any kind of positive impression on me. He really is too instense for me.

I prefer the heroes who seem to be having fun with it like Major Victory. laugh

#541742 08/13/06 09:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
and to tell you the truth Dark Enforcer seems more like a Henchmen than a Super Villian to me. and him calling Stan "Boss" makes it like Stan is the Villian and Enforce is his flunkie.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#541743 08/13/06 09:54 PM
Leader
Leader
I was pulling for Major Victoy, since he's such a goofy hoot, but his total horndog routine this latest ep cost him some points with me. It made clear what, of course, I already knew, that his super-hero persona was all act. But his comments to the girl on the roof let slip a little of his real personality, I think, marking him as an opportunist out to advance his own interests through the show.

I'm now pulling for Feedback, who seems the most sincerely into the show for its own merits.

BTW, this month's Previews has the solicitation from Dark Horse for the Who Wants to be a Super-Hero comic, with covers for Major Victory, Feedback and Lumeria shown. Makes me think they might be the final three.

Stan co-writes the book with Wells Hartley, whoever that is. No art team is listed. The book is $3.50 for 32 pages. Normally, I'd pass on that price point, but I broke down and added it to my pull list.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the entire cast would make a pretty nifty super-hero team comic? Maybey a group called "True Believers?" Hmm.. Actually, that would be a better name for the show, as well.

#541744 08/13/06 10:35 PM
Active
Active
That's what I started thinking between the 2nd and 3rd episodes. That Stan Lee might have to feature whoever won as the starring hero for the movie and comic... but the other heroes could show up as well.

Like if it was Major Victory who won, his story could be to stop Doctor Monster from creating an army of mutated animals. But who better to help Major Victory stop the villain's henchmen from stealing animals -- than Monkey Woman? And so on...

#541745 08/14/06 12:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I only just watched the last episode and it seems to me they should have tried to make the recruitment more seriously in terms of finding real fans rather than wannabe actors trying to win a game show (though it sounds like Feedback might be taking this seriously). There's too much room for them to "act" and pretend to do the right thing rather than actually test them. If real fans were involved the drama might be more real.

#541746 08/14/06 04:01 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
This is still really entertaining. Cheesy as hell, but really entertaining.

I still like Major Victory a lot, but some others are cool too (Feedback, Lemuria, Fat Mamma).

I agree about Iron Enforcer--they should make him dastardly.

#541747 08/17/06 10:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Interesting competition tonight. Too bad Lemuria was the only one who couldn't finish hers. But I think hers may have been tougher than the other three.

My favorite line tonight was said by Major Victory.

I was really worried about Feedback. He has to hug this guy three times. You know what? I'm going to miss Feedback.

I was kinda sad to see <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lemuria</span></span> go but the final three are interesting.

Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
BTW, this month's Previews has the solicitation from Dark Horse for the Who Wants to be a Super-Hero comic, with covers for Major Victory, Feedback and Lumeria shown. Makes me think they might be the final three.
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Nope. Must have been a red herring or they are planning more covers.</span></span>

#541748 08/17/06 11:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Okay.. I'm going to say it.

Feedback is <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">nuts.</span></span>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Fat Mama may have been right about him. I don't think he'd hurt anyone else, but I could really see him losing it and hurting himself if he loses. Of course, he could just be a great actor, but I feel he's a bit more into this than I'm comfortable with.</span></span>

#541749 08/18/06 12:29 AM
Active
Active
I've said it before, I am pulling for Feedback because he is so intense. He reminds me of Scott. Having lost his father at a young and impressionable age and discovering comics at much the same time, a psychological nitch and a deep hole in the heart was filled by the substitute fathers created by Stan Lee and the other greats. Go Feedback! Go!!!!

Fat Mama is only in it for the money and the novelty. She hasn't paid any superhero dues or bought her weight in comic books over the years. No, she doesn't deserve to win, and Major Victory is too much of a ham. The only hero with any substance is Feedback.

#541750 08/18/06 12:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Major Victory is so campy!!! Moonwalking ? Please!! that's sooo 80s! LOL! at least it made me laugh. sorry to see two more go....*sigh*

One thing that really bothers me is none of the guys stood up to Stan and ask him how did he know if the Dark Enforcer is telling the truth and what if he holds one of their loved ones hostage or bribed by him? I would speak out against Stan and ask him how could he trust a supervillain who lies a lot than superhero? Geez.

#541751 08/18/06 12:57 AM
Active
Active
Yes, I've switched my vote from Major Victory to Feedback for the winner. Though Stan Lee was getting on Victory's case a bit too much. Yes, the guy had been an exotic dancer... but he's trying to do better now. But Lee called him on the point of taking off his cape to cover up a puddle for the lady. Major Victory was just doing a Walter Raleigh-style moment, but it was treated like he was doing a striptease in front of the poor lady?

#541752 08/18/06 09:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The entire show just feels like a badly scripted comic book. So many of last night's "revelations" were of long ago acts, yet Stan made them seem as though they just happened yesterday. And I really don't find any of the actors... sorry... contestants to be overly genuine in their motivations. They seem more like they are looking for 15 minutes of fame that they can stretch out further. With a show like this, I would have preferred to see real comic fans who were trying to get their creations into a comic book... not people trying to get into show business, which most of these people seem like.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#541753 08/18/06 03:06 PM
Observations about last night's show:

The lady who walked across Major Victory's cape almost slipped and fell. Lawsuit!

Stan doesn't keep up with the comic. "Spiderman would never take off his mask." My understanding is that they did some casting at this Summer's San Diego Comic Con. And when did the news of Spiderman's unmasking start?

#541754 08/18/06 03:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Casting was supposed to have ended on April 7 so I don't think they did any at SDCC unless it was last minute. Plus the show premiered four days after the con ended. That's kind of tight for filming, especially for this heavily scripted show.

#541755 08/18/06 03:19 PM
OK. I must have heard wrong about the casting thing. Still when was the story of Spiderman & Civil War making the news?

#541756 08/18/06 03:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
June 14 so they conceivably should have known and had time to retape Lee's scenes. I feel, like others have mentioned, that Lee's scenes are pre-taped and he has only the elimination times as true interaction with the heroes.

Everytime I hear him say "Spider-Man would never take off his mask" or "Superman would never give up his cape" I have to laugh since we all know since Peter unmasked both have happened. I think Lee is trying to be too dramatic and some of his old cliches just aren't true in today's comics.

#541757 08/18/06 04:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think equating the removal of a cape with the removal of a mask is kinda silly anyways. I mean, unless you wear your cape over your head, it probably does nothing to conceal your identity. And, as far as that goes, Superman has removed his cape before, I believe, to wrap things up in it.

You have to cut Stan some slack, I guess. He must be around 100-120 years old by now laugh

#541758 08/18/06 06:35 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I never cared for Creature so I can't say I was sad to see her go. Lemuria I originally liked but she's been acting kind of bratty the last few eps.

I don't get why someone would worry about Feedback's mental health. Just as a big comic fan he takes it a lot more seriously then the others. I have to admit I like all three of the remaining superheroes and wouldn't mind if there was a twist and they all ended being a part of a superteam.

ActorLad

#541759 08/19/06 08:37 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Interesting competition tonight. Too bad Lemuria was the only one who couldn't finish hers. But I think hers may have been tougher than the other three.
I laughed out loud when she jumped right on the lap sitting. I think she assumed her rehabilitee would be male and that lapsitting for a slinkly l'il honey like her would be a cakewalk.

HA!

#541760 08/19/06 08:40 PM
Leader
Leader
Nope. Must have been a red herring or they are planning more covers.
I've read that Dark Horse is produced a cover for each character. However, since the winner's comic is only 32 pages, I'm not sure when/where they might see print.

#541761 08/21/06 11:33 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I have to say, Feedback really impressed me. I'm officially rooting for him now. Seriously, that was pretty impressive!

#541762 08/24/06 06:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
TONIGHT!!!! tonight - that's a reminder to you all! I think that Feedback will win....I don't think that Major Victory will be the one to see his name on the comic books, based on two reason, Marvels already have one I think so...but DC has ONE who is a member of Force of July/SHADE. so I pick Feedback. *xxxkkksstt**

#541763 08/24/06 06:35 PM
I think they saiud last week that there will be two more episodes. I think there is only one elimination tonight and next week is the finale. Yup, just checked their web site. there is one more episode after tonight.

#541764 08/24/06 10:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
*Raises hands to the sky dramatically*

NooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Not Major Victory!</span></span>

#541765 08/25/06 02:04 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Yeah, I was majorly disappointed. Although I thought their final farewell was quite touching. I can't wait till the finale.

ActorLad

#541766 08/25/06 01:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I wonder if "Fat Momma #1" will have variant covers?</span></span>

#541767 08/25/06 01:42 PM
I think this was a good elimination. <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I always felt thet Major Victory was in this for a career boost</span></span> I did think <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Fat Momma</span></span> was the one to be eliminated. Definitely the two remaining superheroes are the best.

#541768 08/27/06 12:01 AM
Active
Active
My thoughts on the three heroes that were on the show (in alphabetical order)...

Fat Momma... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I figured she'd win on the presentation to the kids. She gave some good lessons without really being preachy. But I was appalled by her so-called performance in the mall; she took 40 minutes longer than the others to find Dark Enforcer?! That alone should have eliminated her. Guess it was her willingness to leave the game for Feedback's sake that saved her?</span></span>

Feedback... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Have to grant that his origin was over the kids' heads... and *Pong* as his favorite game?! I know he couldn't tell them to go play "Grand Theft Auto", but at least he could have chosen a sports game? The politeness in helping the clue-holding lady with her purse, while it cost him a little time, did pay off as "heroic behavior". An extra 10 Karma points to him for good role-playing. wink </span></span>

Major Victory... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">He was good with the kids, at least on the point of making them laugh. And he had the fastest time in finding Dark Enforcer... I would have thought these would save him. But Stan Lee decreed the man was almost a parody of a superhero. (At least he didn't accuse Major Victory of taking acting lessons from Adam West?) And as shown last week, Lee's not getting off Vic's back about his past as an exotic dancer. At least Lee made up for it with the phone reunion -- so while Major Victory the hero didn't win... the man has got his daughter back.</span></span>

#541769 08/28/06 08:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I find it interesting that Stan Lee is having such a hard time with Major Victory being a former stripper when throughout the entire series he's had a Stripperella poster behind him smile

#541770 08/30/06 01:50 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I find it interesting that Stan Lee is having such a hard time with Major Victory being a former stripper when throughout the entire series he's had a Stripperella poster behind him smile
I'd wondered about that one myself... wink

Then again, it shows that Lee's being a bit hypocritical. He set out in the 1960's to create characters that had flaws, since he was dissatisfied with the comics that said that superheroes were saccharine sweet and never argued over anything. But he doesn't seem to tolerate flaws in these people; tossing out Levity especially was an example of that.

#541771 08/30/06 03:15 AM
Deputy
Deputy
you know i'm kinda sorry Major Victory was voted off, i liked him because he didn't take it too seriously, unlike Feedback, now i realize what Fat Mamma was talking about when she said she feared for him. Feedback seemed like the type of classic comic book superhero that took things way too seriously and when something bad happens he snapps!! i mean Peter Parker never took things too seriously that's why Spiderman was such a wise-arse, if he took things too seriously i don't think he could've handled the the events that plagued him throughout his career as Spiderman.
i mean the reason why the marvel characters supposededly appeal to everyone is because they have real life problems thrown at them and too me it seems like feedback would be the type to "shut down" if the situation got "too real"!
Major Victory seemed like the type of guy that when life threw him lemons, he'd make lemonaid for everyone.

#541772 08/30/06 11:28 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Stan lost me when he said a hero can't make light of things. This from the man who created the world's greatest smartass in Spider-Man? Sorry Stan but you seem to have forgotten all about what it takes to create a lasting character.

#541773 08/30/06 05:56 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Stan lost me when he said a hero can't make light of things. This from the man who created the world's greatest smartass in Spider-Man? Sorry Stan but you seem to have forgotten all about what it takes to create a lasting character.
EXACTLY!!!! of all of them i always figured Stan would've liked Major Victory because of his slight "cheesiness" and "jocularity"

#541774 08/30/06 07:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hannah wants Fat MAmma to win.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#541775 08/31/06 08:27 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, my favorite is gone. frown

I'm not sure who's going to be the last hero standing. It'll depend on how the selection is done. If the booted heroes have a say, I think that Feedback probably has more support because of FM's remarks after Ty was booted. If Stan gets to choose, then I'm thinking he'll probably still pick Fat Mama over Feedback.

#541776 08/31/06 08:40 AM
Active
Active
Fat Mama herself has admitted more then once that she is only in it to make a point to her own children. She doesn't want to serve as a spokesperson for comics and superheroism. She took an hour and twenty minutes to complete the scavenger hunt test at Universal Studios. She spent more time 'in character' asking for food from all the guests (who probably paid fifty cents for every french fry she bummed) and just didn't seem to grasp the concept of taking the test seriously. GO FEEDBACK!!!!!!!

#541777 08/31/06 09:14 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Remember everyone tonight is the season finale! I'm having a viewing party just as I have for the previous eps. I even bought some sparkling apple cider for the occasion. No matter what happens I'm going to be buying the dvd too because it's been such a blast to watch.

ActorLad

#541778 08/31/06 10:54 PM
Active
Active
Stan lost me when he said a hero can't make light of things. This from the man who created the world's greatest smartass in Spider-Man?
There's a difference you'd forgotten about Spider-Man. He may shoot out quips in battle as fast as he fires webbing... *but* beneath all the jokes is a man who's taken up a very heavy burden of responsibility. Taking care of his aunt, dealing with his romantic life, his work... and knowing that people he loves have suffered and died because of Spider-Man.

I am not discounting Major Victory's goal to reconcile with his daughter, but that one goal doesn't balance out the constant jokes. And that's why Stan Lee got him.

#541779 08/31/06 11:57 PM
Deputy
Deputy
After seeing the "mini-movies" that were made for Fat Momma and Feedback tonight, I find the idea that Major Victory was "too campy" to be a super hero to be the biggest line of bull that Stan has ever pulled.

#541780 09/01/06 12:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
YIIPEEEEEEEE Feedback!!!!

#541781 09/01/06 12:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, so does Matthew Atherton (Feedback) get to play his character in the Sci-Fi movie or will they hire a "real" actor? The info I found only says their character will appear.

#541782 09/01/06 12:23 AM
Active
Active
After seeing the "mini-movies" that were made for Fat Momma and Feedback tonight, I find the idea that Major Victory was "too campy" to be a super hero to be the biggest line of bull that Stan has ever pulled.
And Stan tipped his hand on who'd win, based on those movies. Feedback is saving Mount Rushmore from being blown up by the Dark Enforcer; Fat Momma's fighting... a giant chicken hatchling?! confused

#541783 09/01/06 07:21 AM
Active
Active
Hey gang,keep your eyes peeled for the new Feedback comic published by Dark Horse!!!!!

#541784 09/01/06 07:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
i wonder if Darkhorse is gonna publish all the other covers? i really liked major Victory's cover, was not too impressed with Fat mamma's cover. i know it's nitpicking but they could've gotten her hair do right, she doesn't have dreads, her hair is braided, and they made her look a little too much like Amanda waller.

#541785 09/01/06 09:05 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I'm happy for Feedback, since he wanted it the most. It's been a fun ride watching the show.

ActorLad

#541786 09/03/06 04:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
When is the comic supposed to appear? My daughter wants to get it.

#541787 09/03/06 05:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

#541788 09/03/06 08:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thankie

#541789 12/30/06 04:15 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
So did the comic come out? Was it any good?

ActorLad

#541790 12/30/06 11:23 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by ActorLad:
So did the comic come out? Was it any good?
Just did a little link hopping from Feedback's myspace page and ended up at his site, then Dark Horse... The comic\'s release has actually been pushed back to January 17th.

I'd almost forgotten about this, though, so glad this topic popped up. I loved the show and Feedback was my favorite, so I don't want to miss the comic once it is out.

"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!
#541791 06/21/07 03:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Season two starts July 26 with eight episodes and ten contestants. Comics Continuum has the break down on the new heroes but I'm adding it here too. Seems to be a couple of Legion wannabes included. Can you spot them?

Basura (aka Aja De Coudreaux / Oakland) enlists the help of all bugs everywhere and uses her mystical powers to turn trash into treasures.

Braid (aka Crystal Clark / Bloomington, Ill.) makes herself any age, race, or gender and can turn her hair into crime-busting tentacles.

The Defuser (aka Jarrett Crippen / Austin, Texas) is an expert paramilitary superhero who uses non-violent weaponry to stop villains. He has the unique ability to function at 110 percent.

Hygena (aka Melody Mooney / Sherman Oaks, Calif.) fights crime and grime making weapons from all types of cleaning utensils.

Hyper-Strike (aka John Stork / Plainfield, Vt. and Chicago) is a martial arts expert with super strength and agility and he can project his Chi (life force) through his hands.

Mindset (aka Phillip Allen / Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) is a telekinetic time traveler on a mission to end all war. Originally named Omnicron, Mindset is the viewers' choice on the show winning his place by Internet voters earlier this year.

Mr. Mitzvah (aka "Sir Ivan" Wilzig / Miami, Fla. and New York City) is a real-life Bruce Wayne who lives in a castle, this multi-millionaire's mission, under the guise of Mr. Mitzvah, is to save the lives of children.

Ms. Limelight (aka Trisha Paytas / Byron, Ill. and Los Angeles) is a captivating blonde caped-crusader absorbs the powers of action stars on TV and in movies.

Parthenon (aka Dan Williams / Orlando, Fla.) is an archaeologist who gets his mystical powers from an ancient gauntlet he discovered in Greece

Whip-Snap (aka Paula Thomas / Dallas, TX and Los Angeles), raised in Texas, this superhero has a mastery of the whip and if her bare skin touches a villain that villain is turned into sand.

#541792 06/21/07 06:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here's a pic of the group with The Man.

click to enlarge

#541793 06/21/07 07:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Mindset plays City of Heroes. He posted about it on the forums.

#541794 06/22/07 08:41 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Just out of curiousity, did anything ever happen with last year's winner?

#541795 06/22/07 08:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The comic now has a release date of July 4 and I think he's made one or two specials and a movie for the Sci-Fi network. Not sure if his movie has been shown yet or not though.

#541796 06/22/07 08:51 AM
Leader
Leader
The top three were at Motor City Comic Con this year. It was a good thing I happened to check my newspaper's Web site. We ran an online photo gallery, and the photographer referred to Fat Momma as Fat Woman. smile

I saw Feedback's comic finally get solicited for sometime this summer, too. At this rate, you'd think the "Wonder Woman" guy was writing it.

#541797 06/22/07 11:06 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I wonder if Major Victory's had any luck reconciling with his daughter or not.

#541798 06/23/07 01:41 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
As far as I know he has. He posted a video of her graduation on his MySpace.

ActorLad

#541799 07/26/07 03:02 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Don't forget, the new season starts tonight!

*edited to add*

Feedback revealed in a MySpace bulletin that his movie called Megasnake is scheduled to be on August 25th.

ActorLad

#541800 07/26/07 10:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Personally I feel like this season's cast is a little weak. None of them grabbed me like some of the first season's did.

#541801 07/27/07 11:17 AM
I liked Ms.Limelight. Parthenon and Hyper-Strike were cute. I also like Whip-Snap because of how she hurt herself yet continued on and then blamed herself for the team not finishing its task. I also like how The Defuser gave her the pep talk. He definitely has leadership skill and seems like the one there who really wants to be a hero. But I think he gets eliminated next. The reason: on the Who Wants to be a Superhero site, he is the only one (aside from Braid) who doesn't have a new costume. Although looking at all the others too, Hyper-strike doesn't seem to have a new costume.

#541802 08/01/07 02:30 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Er, Quislet no offense but I don't think you were watching the show that closely because everyone seems to have an at least slightly updated costume on the Scifi's site except maybe Defuser. His pics make it hard to tell. They gave makeovers to nearly everyone's costumes last year as well to hide who would be eliminated.

ActorLad

#541803 08/02/07 10:17 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Saw tonight's show.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I respect Mindset for not backing down from his stance, though I can see Stan's argument. </span></span>

On the other hand ...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">You can't tell me that Lumina (or whatever her name is) deserved to stay there more than he did. </span></span>

And ...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Last year, he got on Tyveculus for pretending to like a costume he hated. This year he gets on Hyperstrike for being honest about a costume he doesn't think suits him?!</span></span>

I'm going to keep watching at least for a little while longer, but I don't think that this season is as good as last season.

#541804 08/02/07 10:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You forgot to mention that Stan called this group a "true Legion of Super-Heroes". But even that line wasn't enough to make me watch the rest of the season. I'll probably pass on the rest.

#541805 08/03/07 12:17 PM
I was proven wrong about the costumes.

I think Mindset was a bit of an ass and not so smart. It was fairly obvious that they needed to complete the spelling bee before getting out. It wasn't like they had any other choice.

I think this season they are trying to make the challenges a bit more comic bookesque. And for the new costumes, you do have to say "Thanks Stan. It's great." whether you mean it or not and never let him know you didn't mean it.

I'll probably keep watching because nothing else is on.

#541806 08/08/07 02:47 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I'm gonna get to meet Fat Momma at Wizard World Chicago. I can't wait!

Also here's a Season 2 based website y'all might want to check out:

http://www.theheroeslair.com/

ActorLad

#541807 08/08/07 02:31 PM
I loved Fat Momma. I think Hygena is trynig to fill that slot in this season.

#541808 08/08/07 07:51 PM
Deputy
Deputy
the lady playing Ms.Limelight i remember seeing her on an episode of the Greg Behrendt show. she was on it to get a "make over" and now she wants to be a Superhero? *slaps head* OYYY!!!!

#541809 08/09/07 09:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
heyheyI am enjoying that show - much better than Big Brothers 8 .... too many dumb people there in BB8.

Yeah caught Stan lee's saying "legion of superheroes" and I giggled.

Like Whip Snap, Hyper Strike, Defuser, Partheon, Ms. Limelight (she's fiesty!), Basura, and Hygena.

I hope to see Bar Miztvah, and the rest of them go.

Defuser should be a shoo-in for top 3 but he reminds too much of Feedback and Major Victory combo so doubt that he will win.

I am thinking more like Whip Snap, Hygena, Partheon to be in the final four alongside the Defuser.

#541810 08/10/07 01:53 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
wow.,..good episode....but sadness ensued when there was a double elimination. Two heroes were let go. one of them that I am happy...but the other I am sad. frown

#541811 08/10/07 07:56 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I have to admit that I thought that Mr. Mazeltov was the mole ... his leaving the room at one point seemed a little too convenient for me.

#541812 08/16/07 09:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hm. Partheon kind of reminds me of Jerry Lewis' "kid" personality ...

#541813 08/16/07 10:20 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm not sure if this show is going to get another season. I don't feel like there are any breakout characters this go around...

But I watch maybe 2-3 hours of tv a week so i'll keep watching at least until someting better comes on.

#541814 08/17/07 01:20 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Man, this last episodes elimination has me a little disappointed, but it's not suprising considering what happened. Truth be told I would be less then happy with anyone getting the boot tonight no matter who it was.

ActorLad

#541815 08/28/07 04:41 PM
Well, we are down to Hyperstrike, Partheon, Defuser, and Hygena.

Personally, I'd like to trap Partheon in a room and do unspeakable things with/to him. shocked

I think either Paratheon or Hygena will be the next to go.

I predict Hyperstrike to win.

#541816 08/31/07 12:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Quis -

Partheon is the one eliminated. frown

so next week's gonna be interesting.

#541817 08/31/07 01:45 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
[QB]

Personally, I'd like to trap Partheon in a room and do unspeakable things with/to him. shocked

QB]
So it's not just me then?

Also, I just realized tonight who he reminds me of: Robin, c. 1967.

Despite his elimination, I hope to see a lot more of Partheon. Take that however you wish....

Superboy

#541818 09/06/07 07:33 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Tonight is the season finale.

All in all, I have to say that the first season was better for me. I watched this one, but it just didn't capture my attention the way the first one did.

The reason?

Heart!

None of the new contestants really feel to me like they have the heart of the first cast.

I felt Feedback was a bit off kilter, but I did think he truly did want to be a super hero, and he did his best to live up to that. (His talk with the convict, for example.)

Major Victory was a truly fun character.

Who can forget Monkey Woman's completion of the dog challenge? It took her half an hour, but she put her heart into it, and that wasn't acting. She immediately became one of my favorites after that.

Even Fat Mama made a postive impresson on me at the beginning.

This season ... not so much.

I think they went overboard with some of the challenges this time-- "Clone Stan?"-- and not one of this cast has really felt to me like they WANTED to be a super hero.

#541819 09/06/07 10:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
who won? I am hoping that HyperStrike wins...but who knows? I would not be surprised if Hygena wins...or even the Defuser. oh well...so who won???

#541820 09/07/07 02:08 PM
My prediction was wrong. (Don't call me "Dream Boy"!) The winner was Defuser.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,184
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Merlion Man
Merlion Man
Singapore
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star