Roll Call
0 members (), 81 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 12:25 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" my favourite TV series ... EVER !!!
#547623 09/05/04 04:28 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
after finishing watching season 7 of "BUFFY: The Vampire Slayer" about a week ago, now !!!

i have to say it's been my most favourite TV show, of all time !!!

this past year [ since August 2003 ] i've watched each season one after another [ that's around 11 episodes each month ]

some seasons i watched faster than others, it depended on their story flow .....

seasons 5 and 7 were my very favourites [ probably because they both had major story arcs, that really played out through the whole seasons !!!

Re: "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" my favourite TV series ... EVER !!!
#547624 09/05/04 05:43 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Buffy was a great show and I'll miss it dearly.

Angel was an awesome show too but they seemed to like killing everybody off there.
(sigh....Cordy....my love...you cant be dead!)

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#547625 09/05/04 11:36 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by the boy with SuperPowers:
after finishing watching season 7 of "BUFFY: The Vampire Slayer" about a week ago, now !!!

i have to say it's been my most favourite TV show, of all time !!!

this past year [ since August 2003 ] i've watched each season one after another [ that's around 11 episodes each month ]

some seasons i watched faster than others, it depended on their story flow .....

seasons 5 and 7 were my very favourites [ probably because they both had major story arcs, that really played out through the whole seasons !!!
sorry my PC went down, as i was writing this topic !!! still have a few things to say about "BUFFY", but i'm off to work now, so i'll have to post them later .....

Matthew.

#547626 09/07/04 09:49 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm with you. Why did it have to end?

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#547627 09/09/04 11:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
One of the great things about "Buffy" and all great shows is that they're almost as good upon reviewing. I can always watch "Buffy" reruns anytime and totally enjoy them. Same with "Friends" but unfortunately, not the same with "Seinfeld" or "Smallville".

#547628 09/11/04 05:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm not reading any of the BUFFY threads so as to avoid spoilers, but I DID want to shout out that I love the show!

Teeds let me borrow her Seasons 1-3 tapes and I'm now totally addicted!

It seems tailor-made for me:

The lead is an ass-kicking chick

Strong supporting cast

Loads of 2nd and 3rd stringers and recurring characters to love

Snappy patter & witty dialogue

Villains and antiheroes that are truly fascinating

Just got back from buying Season 4! I can't wait to own 'em all and post about Buffy!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#547629 09/14/04 09:42 AM
Deputy
Deputy
How I envy someone who hasn't seen all the episodes yet...

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#547630 05/11/11 10:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
bumpity bump bump bump.

My friend recently told me about the Glee prom and while it was really good, not as good as the unbeatable Buffy's prom episode.

so i've netflixed Buffy's prom episode season 3, the two part final and am now starting on the college years season 4.

so good.

and these aren't even my favorite season.

fyi, uc sunnydale is totally ucla.

(the first college episode is just the right amount of lets make fun of ourselves dorky)

#547631 05/11/11 11:39 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Season 1 is interesting, and has a few episodes that give me chills. I saw an article about it in the TV guide before it started and thought, 'that looks dumb' and didn't watch it, but my roommate, who shamelessly and entrancedly watches *anything* on TV, including infomercials, watched it and made me sit down to watch it also. My first episode was The Pack, and the portrayal of one of her best friends being possessed and becoming cruel and vicious to both her and their other friends was riveting. It was a couple years before I finally managed to catch some of the earlier episodes on repeats!

[My roommate, while not going as far into fandom as I went, did buy all the seasons on DVD, and has seen the entire series at least three times, since he puts them on at work, so I'm sometimes surprised when he pulls out a reference that I'm not familiar with, since I've seen most of them only once.]

Season 2 is very fun, and season 3 is awesome. It's become trendy in later years to hate on Faith and Mayor Wilkins, but I just love those two characters (and especially their interactions) to bits.

Season 4 had some rough parts, but had the most amazing ending / epilogue concept.

Season 5 suffered from Glory being introduced a bit too soon, and farting around talking about how awesome she was, rather than doing anything. (The earlier season 'Big Bads' had very specific reasons for not dashing off and ripping Buffy limb from limb, such as the Mayor being vulnerable and not terribly powerful before his Ascension, or the Master being stuck where he was.) Joss's split focus on the Angel series really showed, I think, as the people he left in charge lacked his gift for snappy dialogue, and keeping the characters not merely funny, but also human and heroic and admirable.

The UPN years, wow, were not kind to any of the characters. Buffy, Willow and Xander became very unlikable, and Giles was pretty much absent. The split focus with the Angel series become even larger, as Joss was now ramping up to and / or writing Firefly as well, and told a story of how he came in to the writer's room near the end of season seven, and heard the showrunner plotting out a few episodes of mystery about whether or not a new character being introduced was going to be a good guy or bad guy, and he erased their blackboard and said, 'Look, you have five episodes left before theis show ends forever. You don't have time for this. He's a bad guy. Establish it in the first five minutes we see him!'

Still, of all the things me and my friends have watched, Buffy seems to have had the biggest influence on our speech patterns. We are Buffy quoting all the time. (With gaming buddies, Monty Python quotes or Princess Bride quotes are to be expected, with the occasional Star Wars or Aliens quote, but Buffy's the only TV show that has managed to sneak into our vocabulary.)

I probably wouldn't be some comfortable writing Legion fanfic if I hadn't lost my cherry on Buffy fanfic, which is *way* more embarassing to admit in public. smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#547632 05/12/11 02:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

word.

#547633 05/12/11 02:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Anya rules.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#547634 05/12/11 02:59 AM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Buffy on Hulu

The first season is available for free right now.

#547635 05/12/11 01:47 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
I have all the dvds of Buffy and Angel, and I still watch them. Still my favorite show(s) ever!

#547636 05/12/11 04:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I am really enjoying the ridiclousness/awesomeness of the bands in most episodes!! lol!! I forgot about the bronze!!

last night while watching a halloween episode, i exclaimed

"This show isn't about vampires at all!"

#547637 05/13/11 08:15 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I remember a strange inverse relationship with Episode vs. Season quality:

My two favourite episodes "Hush" and "Once More with Feeling" were in my two least favourite seasons (4 & 6 respectively). Whereas Season 5 was probably our favourite as a whole, it's hard to pick out a stand alone episode that really shines.

#547638 05/13/11 12:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just watched Hush last night! scary sauce.

the episodes i can watch over and over again are usually the finales. season 2 where she fights angel, season 7 with the big epic battle, and season 5 where everybody comes together well.

i still get misty eyed when buffy gets up after being stabbed to turn the tide of the battle in season 7! (every time)

i am actually really enjoying these after coming back to them as a bit older, i missed alot of the themes in the episodes, i must've been obsessed with the action and plot.

also, a lot of these jokes and one liners seem SO BAD now to the point of laugh out loud funny where as i thought they were kinds funny/corny before.

#547639 05/13/11 12:11 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Power Boy: Just watched Hush last night! scary sauce.
I love Giles and his scary drawings, Xander picking up the phone and attempting to talk into it and Buffy pantomining staking a vampire, and everybody else thinking she's miming something else...

Everyone else cringing at Giles' gory drawings, and Anya just nodding enthusiastically and eating popcorn was also cute.

There was still some pep in the characters. Willow had her little chalkboard, 'Hi Giles!' and everything. Fun!

It's hardly a popular choice, but I love Some Assembly Required. Everyone is just so darn lovable in that episode! The conversations pop, and the various actors are constantly having reactions in the background, instead of the camera focusing in tight on the speaker and giving the illusion that one actor is alone in a room, and then skipping to an unrelated feeling reaction shot. (And yeah, I know that did have to happen when SMG was filming Scooby Doo in Australia, and she filmed her scenes over there, and everyone else filmed their scenes without her, but they kept doing that in later seasons, flashing from speaker to reaction shot, and it made it seem like the various actors might as well have been on different planets, or in different shows entirely, since they weren't on the same frame.)

The sequence in Some Assembly Required with Giles practicing pick up lines on the chair, and Buffy and Xander walking in on him and mocking him is hilarious.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#547640 05/13/11 02:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm watching that one when I get home!

Also, I'm realizing Willow's transition to dark willow happened over quite possibly 7 sevens! i didn't notice before. it seems the writers had the whole series mapped out in season 4 (because of the dream episode)

there's a lot 'new' still in these episodes for an old fan to see.

and i'm remembering why i love anya so much! she has sex with xander to get him out of her system and is surprised it didn't work, and even more confused, often she just says what everyone else is feeling in her vulcan like realizations of her newfound emotions.

#547641 05/13/11 02:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Power Boy:
happened over quite possibly 7 sevens!
Wow, that's really lucky! smile

#547642 05/13/11 03:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
haha! i guess i was a bit excited. laugh

7 seasons rather.

tongue

#547643 05/14/11 06:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I miss this show to pieces, I really do! Even my wife enjoyed it (that and Angel) and she's not even that much of a genre fan!

I wish we'd see that reunion movie that Joss Whedon promised us after the show went off the air. I know Sarah Michelle Geller is still very much interested in making it and Eliza Dushku has also expressed an interest recently in being a part of it if it happens.

That gives me hope that there is still talks going on about it becoming a reality. I think it would make a GREAT motion picture blockbuster if they did it right.

#547644 05/14/11 07:32 AM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
I really doubt if the original stars would be cast in a reunion movie. Aren't they getting too old? Especially those who played ageless vampires.

Still, if a new movie came out, I'd be one of those fans who couldn't wait to see it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,988
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
Yonkers N.Y
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star