Roll Call
2 members (Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 52 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 11:12 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/16/24 05:48 AM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/16/24 05:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39
Re: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
#548416 11/21/10 11:52 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by ML LSH:
It wouldn't be my choice at ALL, but they did confirm previously that they are up in a mountainy-type area, which was why they were surprised a zombie had found them.

And I guess they are nearby a water and food supply (the lake).

And I can see some appeal of being out in the open (LOTS more escape routes when there's no walls)... but me, I'd def. want to be indoors.
Yeah, parking an RV out in a National Forest or something actually makes quite a bit of sense. In a city you're going to be having food and especially fresh water supply problems pretty quickly, not to mention the concentrated population of the undead. One would think they would put up some more serious kind of perimeter alarm/defense system, however, especially after the walker showed up out there a day or so previously.

#548417 11/22/10 07:58 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Episode 4: 5.074 million viewers.

Viewers aren't leaving this show at ALL. Sure would be nice if this leads to a faster-tracked Season 2... maybe starting in March or April. That would be nice.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ny-with-a-chance-kendra-much-mor e/72307

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#548418 11/22/10 03:47 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've officially got my wife hooked on this series even though she is not a fan of zombies at all and actually gets pretty scared each episode!

She totally is loving Rick, Glenn and Andrea, who are all my faves.

I really liked the latest episode and the stand-off in the city ended in a very Kirkman-esque way which was great.

The actor playing Jim nailed it and his performance all episode was terrific. Another character really shining on the show possibly more than the comics).

Rick being the man in the show = Rick being the man in the comics and I couldn't be happier.

Shane on the show continues to really win me over.

Can't wait for Carl to get that hat.

I have friends who would never pick up a comic book loving this show.

And did you see the Trade sales for Walking Dead last month? They're already through the roof. Kirkman gets like 5 times more for TWD trades than say, Alan Moore gets for Watchman (that is confirmed, it's likely much higher). The guy is going to be using hundred dollar bills to wipe up pee he accidently gets on the toilet-seat. Good for him!

#548419 11/22/10 04:22 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Chief Tay-LSH:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
[b]Great episode, i love the series as i did the comics. However, is it just me or does anyone else find the fact that you have a group of people who escape a nightmare to stay outdoors, no real protection and almost like they are camping. I guess i am old school but i find it ridiculous, you wouldnt stay outdoors and if you had to you would find something better then what they did.
Up and away is my motto.
Well, in their defense I'd say they're still learning the rules. While we have a wealth of zombie movies to draw from, they do not. (Darabont and Kirkman have referenced this in interviews.) As far as they knew, there was a relative lack of zombies out in the country compared to Atlanta and towns like Rick's. They're learning how most of us do: the hard way. [/b]
I am a huge fan of the comic (also enjoying the TV series) and it is my understanding that in their universe there is no zombie fiction before the disaster occurs. No fictional senarios to compare it to and as the other guy said "learning as they go". Personally, I would want to be behind some sort of heavy-duty barier though if I knew there were things out there that wanted to eat me... just my oppinion.
On another subject, still waiting to see if the show will be like the book in that any death and not just death by zombie bite results in becoming a zombie.

#548420 11/22/10 04:31 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Interesting about the spike in trade sales, Des... I wouldn't have thought to check those, but it definitely stands to reason. I wonder what people coming into the comics whose introduction to TWD has been the AMC series make of the source material...

And let me echo the cheers for THE HAT! The scene with Amy was much more powerful than the comic, I think, much like the one in the premier with Rick returning to put the zombie out of her misery. Some of the acting has been hit or miss, but Rick, Andrea, Glenn and Jim have been standouts.

I really like Darryl of the new intros.

And favorite death so far: ED. laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#548421 11/22/10 05:37 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Shoot, I mis-reported earlier; Episode 4 had 4.8 million, still very good...

here's an article discussing the healthy ratings for all 4 episodes so far:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...gs-still-lively-for-fourth-episode/73032

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#548422 11/22/10 08:05 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
On another subject, still waiting to see if the show will be like the book in that any death and not just death by zombie bite results in becoming a zombie.
I'm pretty sure Amy will "rise" at the beginning of the next episode. I remember seeing a brief flash of a hand moving; pretty sure that's Amy.

I know what you mean, though, that deaths completely not zombie-related will still reanimate the corpse. But it's significant that Amy will (likely) rise after the trauma of her injury killing her, as opposed to the infection slowly killing her and then reanimating her. That rule was already established with Morgan's wife and, soon, with Jim. The survivors will link Amy's rise (and that of Ed and others killed in the attack) with being bitten.

In the books it wasn't until the prison that people died from non-zombie trauma, and the survivors learned no bite was necessary at all. I suspect the show will stay faithful to this idea, whether it shows up in the prison (if they go there) or at some other time. It also provided a great moment in the books as Rick realized he had to backtrack and take care of some unfinished business! If things go similarly for a certain character, I hope they replicate that moment.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#548423 11/22/10 08:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I've officially got my wife hooked on this series even though she is not a fan of zombies at all and actually gets pretty scared each episode!
My wife's a fan of the show as well, but of course, it's one of my comics that she's been reading all along. She also likes Chew, American Vampire, Invincible, The Boys & Fables. I asked her recently, and she said TWD was her favorite of all of these.

She seemed devastated that the season is only running six episodes. Apparently, she hadn't realized that until last night. I explained to her that it's cable, the series is expensive, etc.

It's funny but zombies used to be her biggest monster movie fear. But I guess funnier takes like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland helped ease her into it. She was instantly hooked on TWD and has watched 28 Days Later and even the excellent Dawn of the Dead remake recently.

(She still occasionally covers or averts her eyes during the really gory parts, though! smile )

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#548424 11/22/10 08:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
nomnomnom

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#548425 11/22/10 09:46 PM
G
Active
Active
G
I just rewatched the episode.... is that girl zombie saying 'brraaaaains, brraaaaains, brraaaaains' durring the attack?!?

#548426 11/22/10 09:59 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I certainly hope not. It wasn't represented in the closed captioning at any rate. I'm sure if she had been, all of us would have been bitching incessantly about it (well, me at least).

#548427 11/22/10 10:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

#548428 11/22/10 10:27 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Yeah she was ALL messed up.

#548429 11/22/10 10:46 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Dev Em:
[b]Zombie of the week...

]http://blogs.amctv.com/pho...photos/episode-4-walker.php[/QB][/QUOTE]
nice
and she hasnt managed to bite off the tongue yet

#548430 11/23/10 07:46 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My wife also likes it (although she really thinks the dialogue is very poor).

She had an interesting theory: Mearle managed to lure the zombies into the cube van and brought them up to the camp, that's why there were so many so close without Dale or anyone noticing them getting closer during the daylight.

#548431 11/23/10 08:09 AM
G
Active
Active
G
I certainly hope not. It wasn't represented in the closed captioning at any rate. I'm sure if she had been, all of us would have been bitching incessantly about it (well, me at least).
I was taking it as a joke, but I am pretty sure I heard a slurred 'brains' repeated from just that one zombie. I'll check it out again.....

*back*
Yes, after Amy is bitten and just before the group panics, a single female zombie stumbles into frame and slurs 'brains' twice. Then panic ensues. If it had been transcribed I think it would have come out as "brays, banes".
It was just the right combination of slurred yet obvious to make me think it was intended as a gag and not to indicate any intelligence nor craving for grey matter on the part of the zombies.

#548432 11/23/10 02:57 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:

She had an interesting theory: Mearle managed to lure the zombies into the cube van and brought them up to the camp, that's why there were so many so close without Dale or anyone noticing them getting closer during the daylight.
I'm sorry thats just tooooooooo far out there to accept.
But thats just me

#548433 11/23/10 03:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
HMM, i was assuming they followed someone. intentionally or unintentionally.

6 episodes??? frown

aw man

#548434 11/23/10 07:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think it just had to do with Glenn showing up the day or so before with the alarm blaring. Took a while for a group to stumble across them.

Don't think Mearle would do that...after all his brother is with them. And they seem pretty tight based on Darryl's attitude, and what the one guy said.

Besides, Someone would have heard the van approaching...or at least I would think so. It just fits in like the comic. It was time they started getting found. No real single cause.

#548435 11/23/10 07:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
Originally posted by Lsh Em:
[b]Who I saw get bit/munched on... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Jim, Amy, Ed, and at least a one or two other random non-named people.</span></span> .
^I was so shocked at the turn of events (I was expecting Merle or Jim to lose it, not what actually happened) and by the sudden, shocking gore and violence that I had trouble keeping track of what happened to whom. I saw Jim swinging the shovel but didn't see anything else happen to him.

Honestly, the show had hypnotized me into thinking that this stuff wouldn't go down 'til episode six! And actually, prior to this episode the only zombie-caused fatality we'd witnessed to this point was the horse. That really sharpened the impact of what happened tonight, IMO.[/b]
Not Jim that was shown, but then again...my wife came home with groceries and was talking to me fromt he kitchen the las fifteen of the episode. Finally saw the attack again.

Ed, Amy, Shoulder bite guy and the woman who gets tackled definately gone. Gonna guess a few others as well. Would not be surprised given how the comic went to see someone else got bit as well...we just didn't see it actually happen.

#548436 11/23/10 07:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
[b]I certainly hope not. It wasn't represented in the closed captioning at any rate. I'm sure if she had been, all of us would have been bitching incessantly about it (well, me at least).
I was taking it as a joke, but I am pretty sure I heard a slurred 'brains' repeated from just that one zombie. I'll check it out again.....

*back*
Yes, after Amy is bitten and just before the group panics, a single female zombie stumbles into frame and slurs 'brains' twice. Then panic ensues. If it had been transcribed I think it would have come out as "brays, banes".
It was just the right combination of slurred yet obvious to make me think it was intended as a gag and not to indicate any intelligence nor craving for grey matter on the part of the zombies.[/b]
I heard it as just groaning until I listened for it to be something else. I think it was just groaning that was sorta sounding like something...but that's just my opinion. It's be kinda funny if it was "brains" though.

#548437 11/23/10 08:33 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm loving the show so far.
I'm enjoying how it is following the main plot, but going of on little sidetrips to make the story a little different and to keep us long time readers guessing.

My wife is a big fan too. She has gotten hooked enough to start reading the trades smile

#548438 11/28/10 09:19 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
10:15-- I knew that was coming... still... my stomach's in knots. sob

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#548439 11/28/10 09:58 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
WOW. All I can say. Loving it, divergences and all.

#548440 11/28/10 10:15 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
To add:

Jim = great scene. Carol = great scene. Andrea = magnificent scenes.

Shane = intense scene!

Glenn and Dale both had small but meaningful scenes.

Top notch episode.

Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,371
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
taichara
taichara
Hou'ou-shi
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star