Roll Call
0 members (), 53 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/16/24 12:25 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/15/24 11:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Happy birthday, stile86!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:27 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:26 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/15/24 11:23 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/15/24 10:20 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39
Re: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
#548541 10/17/11 05:50 PM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
IF season three takes place in the prison, you'd figure that they'd make more than 13 episodes, given these ratings.

I mean, once you've built a prison set, you're going to want to get the use of it. At that point, it becomes the same as any other fixed set show. Your costs are amortized!

Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com
#548542 10/17/11 05:58 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I didn't think they'd get to Hershel's farm so quickly! I kinda doubt they can milk that setting for all the remaining S2 eps. In fact I kinda hope they don't. Interesting, though, that some of the scenes I've seen for the next episode show Shane in an urban-looking setting.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#548543 10/17/11 06:55 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I think Shane will be on his own at some point soon. Remember the scene in the S2 trailer where he is running from zombies (and takes a scary tumble)... I kinda hate to see him split off from the group.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#548544 10/17/11 07:05 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Well, it certainly fits with what he and Andrea talked about. From what I saw on the "Talking Dead" after-show, that scene (or something similar) takes place next episode.

#548545 10/18/11 08:48 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:
IF season three takes place in the prison, you'd figure that they'd make more than 13 episodes, given these ratings.

I mean, once you've built a prison set, you're going to want to get the use of it. At that point, it becomes the same as any other fixed set show. Your costs are amortized!
I doubt they'll have to 'build' a prison set. 'Redress' one of the many existing ones at worst, or use a real (abandoned) prison for the scenes.
Still, would like to see it play out a bit longer than 6-13 episodes.

#548546 10/18/11 08:51 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
[QB]I didn't think they'd get to Hershel's farm so quickly!QB]
Really? It is a completely different reality than the comics now and can borrow storyline from practically anywhere in the series. I am not surprised that they are using a fairly dramatic story early in the season. Not really surprised about the differrence in Shane's role/destiny eaither. Dissapointed, but not surprised.

#548547 10/18/11 08:58 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
I think Shane will be on his own at some point soon. Remember the scene in the S2 trailer where he is running from zombies (and takes a scary tumble)... I kinda hate to see him split off from the group.
I have to admit that I was sort of surprised to find that 'Shane' had developed a bit of a fan base. I had to stop and think about it and realized that I am highly biased in this situation... I don't care for the character (tv or Comic) and I dispise the actor. I guess that lacking either of those opinions, it would be fairly easy to like 'Shane' (depite him being an opportunistic creep and a would-be rapist) as portrayed in the television series?

#548548 10/18/11 04:29 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
ASIDE: As I refuse to compare the TV show and comic any longer, I shan't speak of comic Shane here.

Shane does have his good qualities and bad, like anyone. He was also the saviour and protector of Lori and Carl before Rick-- who he had no idea was alive once the hospital machines failed-- returned.

There's a lot more there than that, to my eyes. Your vision may vary.

Maybe Shane and Andrea will hook up. Maybe they both can help each other heal.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#548549 10/18/11 06:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I haven't read the comic.

And so far, I have liked Shane.

He's flawed, but he does have good points ... and it turns out that he was RIGHT.

Going to the CDC did nothing for the group (other than let them know there was no one coming to help them) and cost them at least one member of their group.

#548550 10/18/11 08:44 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Interestingly, this episode seems to show that, contrary to the comic, natural (non-zombie bite) deaths do NOT begat zombies. All those bodies on the freeway would seem to be confirmation.

#548551 10/19/11 12:13 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Interestingly, this episode seems to show that, contrary to the comic, natural (non-zombie bite) deaths do NOT begat zombies. All those bodies on the freeway would seem to be confirmation.
Certainly looks that way. Unless they decide that zombies can 'starve' to death?

#548552 10/24/11 12:32 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Wow, NO one posted tonight about the new episode? Well, I thought it was GREAT!

#548553 10/24/11 06:51 AM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Absolutely! Better than the premiere!

Herchel kicked ASS.

#548554 10/24/11 06:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I, for one, am glad they are pulling back towards the books narrative. Although I'm biting my tongue trying not to tell my wife about the "barn". Also with T-Dawg, Darryl and Shane, there's a whole different group dynamic, so I'm not sure how they'll all react to Herchel's views on the undead. We're also losing the window to believably introduce Tyreese and have him bond with Carol.

#548555 10/24/11 10:44 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Really fantastic thus far in Season 2. The most compelling relationship dynamic in the show so far is certainly Rick / Shane and I can see why the writers don't want to lose that. Shane just being there for Rick while Carl was being operated on was utterly fantastic. The two actors really delivered in a big way and show they are getting more and more talented (the actor who plays Shane is just surprising the hell out of me considering I didn't think much of him before the show).

I like the actor playing Otis so I don't mind at all that he looks nothing like his comic book counterpart.

Loved Herschel and loved that Maggie got to be awesome in her introduction.

I'm ready for Glenn to have some more time and that should happen now since we're at Herschel's farm.

My wife can't stand Andrea so far. I keep telling her: "She get's better! She's my favorite in the comics!"

#548556 10/24/11 01:48 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I like the actor playing Otis so I don't mind at all that he looks nothing like his comic book counterpart.
I don't think any of them look much like their comic counterparts... and that it would be expecting a bit too much for them to find people that look like the characters and that can do a good job of acting aswell. However, I fully expect a certain actor to be willing to have his hand amputated if they persue a certain storyline for a certain character later on or I will be terribly disappointed. Also for another actor to sacrifice an ear and an eye for the role if the show gets that far.... evil

#548557 10/24/11 01:57 PM
MLLASH Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Cobie, I have found myself also disliking Andrea since Amy's death... (her scenes with Amy dying and afterward were excellent). I am hoping this changes.

SPOILERY PREDICTION DEPT:

Otis is going to end up zombie chow and the scenes from the preview with Shane running alone from a pack of zombies hot on his tail will soon follow that.

#548558 10/24/11 02:15 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b]I like the actor playing Otis so I don't mind at all that he looks nothing like his comic book counterpart.
I don't think any of them look much like their comic counterparts... and that it would be expecting a bit too much for them to find people that look like the characters and that can do a good job of acting aswell. However, I fully expect a certain actor to be willing to have his hand amputated if they persue a certain storyline for a certain character later on or I will be terribly disappointed. Also for another actor to sacrifice an ear and an eye for the role if the show gets that far.... evil [/b]
Well, I never expect an actor to get a role just because they look like a character (see: Conan the Barbarian as played by the Governator shake ).

I only mentioned the above because the actor has such a distinct look to him (he also played a great role on Deadwood).

But yes, I demand the actor playing Rick have his hand amputated. Brando would do it.

#548559 10/24/11 02:49 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
CGI that stump! wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#548560 10/24/11 03:28 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I read somewhere where Kirkman said he wished he's never cut off Rick's hand and probably won't do so on the TV show. So this particular conversation may be irrelevant!

On the other hand...maybe they'll cut his <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">PECKER! eek </span></span> off instead! wink

#548561 10/24/11 07:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think Shane leads the Zombies on a merry chase, leaving Otis to fight off a few and get back to the farm. Shane is a hugely flawed character, and because of that fact...he is freakin awesome in this series.

Andrea is so different from the comic at this point...it's going to be interesting to see where they take the character.

Darryl continues to be the man for these guys. Coming through when nobody else can. Great addition to the mythos of The Walking Dead.

...and Glenn is a lucky man...just sayin.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#548562 10/24/11 08:07 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I think they're taking a fairly valid approach to Andrea's character in the wake of Amy's death, so I'm giving the show the benefit of the doubt there. I do, however, hope they get her closer to the Andrea we all know and love so well sooner than later.

#548563 10/25/11 09:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Just watched the first 2 episodes and am back to loving TWD TV show after the dreckitude of that CDC subplot last season.

Character-wise, I'm still really enjoying Shane and am glad the writers have made the choice they did with him. Andrea is kinda bugging me which is a surprise because she's one of my favorites in the book.

Funnily enough though, the characters that I'm most drawn to are the ones who aren't in the book - Darryl, T-Dog (and Jacquie <sniff>). I think it's because I have no idea what's going to happen to them, so I'm on the edge of my seat in their scenes and am therefore more invested in them as characters. The others I more or less know exactly what's going to happen to them (though I wouldn't put it past the writers to surprise us like they have with Shane and maybe Sophia) so I'm enjoying them more as interpretations of characters I know, rather than as characters I can worry about and care for.

It's interesting to me that we haven't met Tyrese and co in the show yet. We had already met them before they got to the farm in the book hadn't we? I wonder if T-Dog will become him?

I'm not sure I want that to happen, but I would like it if the show was to continue like it is doing, following the same basic narrative of the book but taking new paths where it needs to to keep the story fresh.

#548564 10/25/11 10:36 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My thought is they will possibly intro Tyreese as being the one who finds Sophia and brings her back, which would then lead to the bond with Carol (because there's not that much time to have them get together if he doesn't show up soon).

#548565 10/25/11 10:42 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I honestly thought we'd see Sophia at Hershel's farm, having been found by the family. Now, I just dunno. The Tyreese idea is a good one. I guess it's also possible she'll pop up at Woodbury, maybe along with Merle? But, really, I dunno where they're going with this.

Definitely loving Daryl! I hope they give him more scenes very soon, though.

I think I've read that they are definitely going to bring in Tyreese and Michonne at some point. I wonder if Tyreese will have his daughter and her boyfriend in tow?

Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,367
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
jab, stile86
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Paul Newell
Paul Newell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star