Roll Call
0 members (), 33 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Re: Lost Season Five (Spoilers Aplenty!)
#552372 01/28/09 11:59 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Pardon my French, but this episode was FUCKING AWESOME!!!! I was hanging on positively EVER moment of it!

Desmond-centric episodes rarely disappoint, and this was no exception. LOVED the dynamic between Des and Penny and was beyond pleased to meet little Charlie! I sure hope all three of them make it to the end safely. But Penny's in deadly danger as her and Des's paths are soon destined to cross with Ben. We know the promise Ben made Widmore. shudder

It was terrific to see the jaw-dropping Widmore revelation and the further connections with Richard and Locke!

Daniel and Charlotte's chemistry SPACE-rawked! I just hope he can save Charlotte.

As hinted above with Des, Penny & Ben, this episode only confirms further my suspicion of who Faraday's mother is. Last seen with Ben, this encounter greatly puts Penny in peril.

Like doublechinner, I didn't miss the O6 portion of the plot at all! With their return next week, I hope we'll get some liberal helping of the island. I've a feeling Des and Penny will have to wait a couple of episodes (at least) 'til we see their story resume.

Great, brilliant episode!!!!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#552373 01/29/09 12:05 AM
Active
Active
i like how i'm not sure if he named his child after charlie, or that child will be TOSSED INTO THE PAST TO BECOME CHARLIE.

#552374 01/29/09 12:34 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by veryvery:
i like how i'm not sure if he named his child after charlie, or that child will be TOSSED INTO THE PAST TO BECOME CHARLIE.
Prolly not--but THANKS for making my head hurt!!! wink

#552375 01/29/09 09:16 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I liked seeing that Widmore's fears for Penny now outweigh his hatred of Desmond. Even he has his vulnerable spot, which of course Ben is exploiting. I kind of think we'll be seeing more of Ellie, the gun-toting '50s Other since Faraday got a "vibe" off her. Strangely, I find myself actuall liking Faraday this season despite the fact that I can't normally stand Jeremy Davies. Maybe seeing him get slapped by Sawyer last week made me feel like I was getting to slap him around myself and took the edge off.

I know the season's only 3 episodes in, but I feel like they're really doing a good job of just moving the story along. There are still surprises but they seem to be there to tie things down with an eye to the end of the series.

#552376 01/29/09 12:51 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by matlock:
I liked seeing that Widmore's fears for Penny now outweigh his hatred of Desmond. Even he has his vulnerable spot, which of course Ben is exploiting. I kind of think we'll be seeing more of Ellie, the gun-toting '50s Other since Faraday got a "vibe" off her.
Well she was a young gal in 1954. I imagine some 50 yeas later, she's be old enough to be Daniel's mother.

Just spouting off.
#552377 02/04/09 09:15 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Hey, another satisfying episode!

The L.A. county lockup has plus size jumpsuits, who knew?

Not only does Ben have backup plans, but they involve manipulative scheming so he can have fun too. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent Sun that package too.

As soon as I saw the French team hauling in that raft I knew who it had to be. About time too.

#552378 02/04/09 09:24 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I think we all knew, but it was still pretty satisfying!

I'm so pumped we'll at last get to see the story of Rosseau's team! Finally!

Every episode I'm all about watching the island and think "man, hopefully not too much with the Oceanic 815 parts"; however, when we do get those parts, they are generally well done, quick and to the point and very enjoyable. Lots of good, strong subtle acting without hitting us over the head with it. I think they're very smart about that. Obviously all the best stuff is happening on the island. So a quick 10 second scene where Kate sees Jack with no beard--essentially the old Jack again--was perfect. Well done, underplayed.

#552379 02/04/09 11:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It seems the producers have thrown out their policy of being enigmatic and withholding information. Each episode is full of information.

This week's character reveal made me realize how much I like the... person.

Sawyer's timeslip was a little corny to me, but I'll give the guy a break.

Sun sure seems like she's up to something. And we know Ben is.

Just spouting off.
#552380 02/05/09 06:38 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Sad Sawyer was not my cup of tea. Telling Juliet that he saw Kate and then not wanting to talk about it seemed a little out of character. But then again, Sawyer probably isn't used to caring about someone and doesn't know how to deal with it, etc, etc...

#552381 02/05/09 08:26 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The show certainly has an 'end game' feel to it even now, with approximately 30+ episodes to go over two seasons. I feel like we'll be seeing lots of characters reaching the 'changed/evolved' point of their characterization as early as the most current episodes. But yeah, I like Sawyer bad ass and full of pathos.

#552382 02/05/09 08:26 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
So I'm guessing the scene where Sawyer and the rest were out on the boat and being shot at--the future, right? If it's not the Others and the camp is abandoned, I'm guessing those were more of Widmore's people coming to finish what they started. Perhaps they'll track the Oceanic 6 (with Sun's help?) when they inevitable return to the island.

So if Ben was behind Kate's problem, was the goal to get Kate to feel so much desperation that she'd be more amenable to going back to the island with Aaron?

I figured we'd see Rousseau's team with all these timeslips. Hopefully, it won't be one of the shorter slips. I'm thinking with the cliffhanger, they must be planning to linger on it for at least most of an episode. It would be great if there was some evidence in past episodes with Danielle where she showed some sense of deja vu when she sees the person they found. It's unlikely though, especially as bonkers as she went all those years alone. She certainly was very different back then, wasn't she?

And more people exhibit signs of the sickness. Daniel thinks it relates to how long one's been on the island. We already have gotten unsubtle hints about Charlotte (anyone think she's Ben's childhood friend Annie?) having a past there. But Miles? "Are you sure?" The sickness would certainly seem to be related to that suffered by Desmond and the lady we saw bedridden last week. Isn't the cure supposed to be having a 'constant'? Confusing! If so, wouldn't Daniel be helping her with that?

I guess we'll eventually see what Rose, Bernard and the rest of the dwindling group of survivors are up to--gotta be weird for them not knowing what's going on.

I'm guessing when Locke meets back up with the Oceanic 6 as Jeremy Bentham, we won't have had three years pass on the island due to the wonders of time travel. So will that mean only a few days or weeks will have passed on the island by the time everyone's back together while the others have lived 3+ years? Could also be that they'll return with more time having passed since Locke left.

Seems we're a lot closer to getting the band back together. The producers have said they wouldn't make viewers wait all season for this to happen. It seems like forever with all the Oceanic 6 flashforwards last season. But in reality, the four episodes this season so far are the only ones that have had that complete separation. We'll see....

#552383 02/05/09 08:28 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've also been banging my head trying to figure this out for certain but: I don't think Rosseau has ever really met/talked to Jin before. Is that right? Certainly it would only be the briefest moments--so she wouldn't recognize him (in the present), but since she was so enimagitc, he'd likely know about or recognize her in the past.

#552384 02/05/09 08:31 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Also, according to Lostpedia, besides Rose and Bernard, there are only about 3-4 additional survivors still alive on the island at this point, considering how many were killed on the Freighter, the burning arrow attack by the past-Hostiles/Others, and the explosion at the river. I wonder if one will have any sort of important role? Likely not, I expect them all to be dead shortly except Rose and Bernard.

#552385 02/05/09 08:33 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Hard to keep track of all the character interactions. He certainly knew who she was--his reaction made that clear. Danielle always looked at everyone like she thought they were figments of her imagination, but who could blame her after all she'd been through?

#552386 02/05/09 08:36 AM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also, according to Lostpedia, besides Rose and Bernard, there are only about 3-4 additional survivors still alive on the island at this point, considering how many were killed on the Freighter, the burning arrow attack by the past-Hostiles/Others, and the explosion at the river. I wonder if one will have any sort of important role? Likely not, I expect them all to be dead shortly except Rose and Bernard.
That would be disappointing to me. I sure don't want Rose or Bernard to die, but it would kinda suck if the only people left standing from the plane crash are the featured players. It's looking that way, though, huh?

#552387 02/05/09 10:53 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, and I agree. They do a good job keeping count on Lostpedia, so its getting down to it (even possible its already like that).

It'd be funny if in the series finale some guy ran out of the jungle and was like "don't forget about me!" and everyone was like 'who the hell are you?', and he'd been there all along. Played by Simon Pegg or Dwight from the Office laugh

#552388 02/05/09 11:42 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Yeah, he'd be the first guy that found a crate of Dharma Rum and Dharma pork 'n beans and just hightailed it out off the beach to ride it out quietly in some old Dharma tool shed. "I saw that guy get sucked in the engine and I was like, I'm out of here. What did I miss?"

#552389 02/05/09 12:59 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Totally! And through a series of 10 second flashbacks we find out he's been stealing the water, the food, one of Locke's boars, the carving knife, one of the tents, etc from the second day.

"I knew if I kept to myself and waited it out, I'd come out of ths okay!". - random dude

Suddenly the Monster comes out and breaks all his bones.

"Apparently not," - Locke

#552390 02/05/09 01:15 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by LardLad:
So I'm guessing the scene where Sawyer and the rest were out on the boat and being shot at--the future, right? If it's not the Others and the camp is abandoned, I'm guessing those were more of Widmore's people coming to finish what they started. Perhaps they'll track the Oceanic 6 (with Sun's help?) when they inevitable return to the island...
I wonder if it could actually be the Oceanic 6 in the other boat?

I'm betting we actually see that scene again from the other group's point of view.

#552391 02/05/09 01:20 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
It's hard to imagine the O6 firing away at an unidentified outrigger, unless something really intense just happened--but it's certainly possible. Any other theories about that and the other stuff I spent FOREVER putting into that post up there? I noticed Lostpedia doesn't even list Charlotte as a possibility for being Annie (Ben's childhood friend). Am I that far offbase?

#552392 02/05/09 01:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by LardLad:
So if Ben was behind Kate's problem, was the goal to get Kate to feel so much desperation that she'd be more amenable to going back to the island with Aaron?
Something else else like that. I see it more as a direct threat. "I'm destroying your life here, so you have to go back. If you stay you lose Aaron. If you go back you'll still lose Aaron, but at least it's to his real mother"

Ben's like that.

#552393 02/05/09 02:04 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Charlotte is supposed to have been born in '79 per Ben's dossier on her, and Ben well before that. So barring some serious time bending, plus an ID faked so extensively that Ben's sources could not disprove it I think it's safe to say Charlotte is not Annie. I still think Annie has a role to play in things before it's all over though, even if it's just to see whether or not she survived the purge.

Did anyone else think for a second that the outrigger was going to land by the foot statue? My ideas of where everything on the island's located is kind of sketchy.

#552394 02/05/09 02:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, I was totally hoping for the foot statue, the Black Rock or Rosseau's team, so I was satisfied with one of them. But I'm dying to learn about the foot statue!

I also have forgot to mention my brother-in-laws big theory these days. In the present, Locke is not really dead: he's paralyzed by a medusa spider, which is why that bit was given a whole episode of spotlight in the first place (not for Nikki and Paulo, but the medusa spider itself). I think that would be a pretty cool twist, even though they'd have to explain why the 12 hour thing didn't expire (unless its repeated multiple bites...)

#552395 02/05/09 02:54 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
Yeah, there've been hints that Locke may not really be dead in that casket. I hadn't thought about the medusa spider specifically before now, so that's a nice theory.

With time travel involved, I'm not ready to completely rule out Charlotte being Annie, but it is a stretch. Interesting list of theories on the link I provided, huh? Here are some Charlotte theories , including the possibilty that she's Ben and Annie's daughter or Daniel's sister in a Luke/Leia kind of vibe (kinda icky for me here). If Ben and Annie got pregnant, it's entirely possible that Annie's dead, given what happens on the island to pregnant women. I think, though, if that were all there was to it, that would already have been clarified. There's something more juicy underneath than just that. In any case I like Charlotte, Daniel and Miles and hope none of them are offed any time soon.

I think the time travel arc we're in the midst of is perfect for learning more about the Black Rock and the statue! The fact that Cuse and Lindeloff pointed those out specifically in this season's "catching up" show makes me feel sure we'll get some answers.

#552396 02/05/09 07:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Didn't we find out that Annie was in the undersea base or was that just something I was thinking that never got confirmed? (I knew I should've looked over repeats...)

Widmore and (maybe) Daniel's mom being on the island in the 50's reminds me of the inter-generational aspect of "Heroes". Hopefully the payoff will be more rewarding here.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Rusty Shackleford
Rusty Shackleford
Palm Bay FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star