Roll Call
0 members (), 62 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 12:25 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" .... Season Five
#553546 01/02/04 06:12 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
well i couldn't wait !!!!!

as i got "Alias" Season One on DVD for Christmas, i told myself, i had to watch this first [ before the next season of Buffy !!! ]

but i couldn't !!! i really wanted to know about .... Dawn, Glory etc !!!

so i used my "HMV" vouchers [ that i got for Christmas ] and i bought .... Season Five !!!

and i'm so glad i didn't wait !!! the episodes have been so brilliant !!!

i've watched nine over the last 2 days laugh ....

Matthew.

Re: "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" .... Season Five
#553547 01/02/04 06:32 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
here's a run through those 9 episodes !!! and so much is going on already !!! loads of interesting plotlines laugh !!!

Buffy VS Dracula was a fun opening episode, and i liked her banter at the end, where she stakes him 3 times [ i watch your movies, i'm still here ]

Real Me i like how Dawn, seems to have always been there !!! [ can't wait to find out more ... ] and Harmony was pretty funny !!!

The Replacement another funny episode, and great to see 2 versions of Xander !!!

Out Of My Mind this was interesting with Riley falling ill, and Spike trying to get the chip removed !!!

No Place Like Home my favourite episode !!! so far .... the introduction of Glory !!! who is great, love her servant and his grovelling to her, also the spell Buffy does to "see" the evil around her mother, only to see the photo off her family, with Dawn [ appearing and disappearing, was excellent !!! ]

i'm glad Buffy realises that Dawn, isn't her "real" sister !!!

Family this was was a nice episode with the team coming together to support Tara !!! and i really like their new base [ in the "Magic Box" ]

Fool For Love more on Spike's growing interest in Buffy !!! [ is he falling in love with her ??? ] and it was great to see 2 past, Slayers !!!

Shadow more on Glory and "The Key" and also Joyce becoming more, ill frown .....

Listening to Fear more on Joyce's illness and i like the parts, when she says to Dawn ... "who are you" confused !!! and by the end of the episode Joyce has realised the Dawn, isn't her "real" daughter, also !!!

this season is really shaping up to be brilliant !!! there's just so many things going on !!! can't wait to watch the rest ..... it's a step up from season 4 [ even though, i really enjoyed it !!! ] this one just seems like a return to form !!! it's more more elements from the first 3 seasons !!!

Matthew.

#553548 01/02/04 09:53 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Some really powerful stuff coming up, Matthew, especially for your first time viewing it. I won't say much, don't want to give anything away, but you're really in for an emotional rollercoaster!

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#553549 01/02/04 12:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, this season was a big improvement over the season before with the Initiative and Adam as the main baddie. Glory is tons more fun (and scary) and Pex wasn't kidding about the emotional stuff...

#553550 01/02/04 04:47 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
thanks for the info, guy's !!!

i pretty much know what's coming up for some of the characters !!! but it's gonna be fun [ and sad !!! ] to see how they, got there .....

Matthew.

#553551 01/02/04 05:22 PM
Ger Offline
Substitute
Substitute
I caught a couple of episodes last night of Season 4 on the FX channel. The one where Ethan Raynes (what a cutie) turns Giles into a Demon and Buffy almost kills him -then the one in which the leader chick of the Initiative tries to kill Buffy and Adam is introduced. Man I love this show.

#553552 01/02/04 05:36 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
they were both great episodes !!! the one with Giles as a demon, was really funny !!!

and the end scene with Maggie telling Riley, that Buffy was "dead" !!! only for her to appear on the monitor was cool !!!

Matthew.

#553553 01/02/04 05:59 PM
Active
Active
The one that always sticks in my mind is "halo" (I remember the name because it reminds me of one of my fave Depeche Mode songs of the same name) where the entire town is struck silent and these scary ass looking creeps are floating around looking for live hearts/victims... OY <shiver>

#553554 01/02/04 06:31 PM
Ger Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
they were both great episodes !!! the one with Giles as a demon, was really funny !!!
and the end scene with Maggie telling Riley, that Buffy was "dead" !!! only for her to appear on the monitor was cool !!!
Matthew.
Buffy telling Maggie that she was "going to find out what a Slayer is really all about" in the monitor was AWESOME. Its moments like that which make this such an excellent show.

#553555 01/03/04 07:28 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Um, hate to be pedantic, but the name of the silent episode was "Hush"...

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#553556 01/03/04 10:32 AM
Active
Active
thanks Pex absolutely right... LOL it also makes more sense... tongue don't know where I got Halo from tongue

#553557 01/03/04 10:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
That one had a coupla good laughs -- where Raynes is talking to himself in typical ominous villain-speak in the crypt and Giles overhears ("Bugger, I thought you'd left") and when Buffy stabs Giles "I-is this even real silver?"

#553558 01/03/04 06:06 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
okay my last episode was number 9 .... "Listening to Fear" !!!

i'm now watched 4 more episodes !!! and season five just gets better and better laugh !!!

my only worry is, at this rate !!! i'll have finished it, in the next few days !!!

here's a run through of those 4 ....

Into The Woods we finally see what Riley has been upto !!! and he and Buffy split !!! i suppose this was coming, as he wouldn't really have much part to play in the coming episodes !!! i was an okay way, for him to leave ....

Triangle this was a nice funny one !!! i loved Anya and Willow fighting over "The Magic Box" but also the underlying subplot of Willow being scared for Xander, with regards to Anya !!! and the Troll was funny, too ....

Checkpoint a really great episode !!! with the return of "The Watchers Council" and Buffy speech at the end was amazing !!! she's so cool !!!

Blood Ties the gang and eventually Dawn find out that she is "The Key" !!! also BEN and GLORY are "one and the same" confused !!!

so what's gonna happen next ???? i can't wait to find out smile .....

Matthew.

#553559 01/05/04 12:24 AM
Ger Offline
Substitute
Substitute
I think I rewound and watched Buffy telling off the Council in "CHECKPOINT" at least 6 or 7 times.

Buffy at her best.

#553560 01/05/04 04:00 AM
Leader
Leader
Yeah, Checkpoint is a great episode and Triangle is probably one of my favourites as well (very silly and pretty much inconsequential in the big scheme but pure comedy genius at points.)

Of course the big episode of the series is The ody. When you get to that unplug the phone, turn of the lights and get comfy. Just the best episode of Buffy ever imho.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#553561 01/05/04 05:18 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i've now watched 4 more episodes, over the last 2 days .....

Crush it was great to see the return of Drusilla !!! and the triangle of her, Buffy and Harmony was very funny !!! we saw how much Spike is in love with B, also !!!

I was made to love you okay episode, with some funny moments and a chilling ending frown

The Body an amazing but frown sad episode !!! it was so well written !!! you really felt for Buffy !!! and all the others, this has to be the most realistic "death" episode, i've ever seen !!!

Forever i'm glad Angel showed up to pay his respects, and i liked Tara telling Dawn that magic cannot be used to bring the dead, back to life !!!

i can't believe i only have 5 more episodes to go till the end of this season !!!!

Matthew.

#553562 01/18/04 05:30 AM
Active
Active
Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff in series 5.

I like series 4 too though. I really liked Riley -he's cute! And it was good to try to give Buffy a none-vamp boyfriend.

Series 5 is cool. But Dawn got right on my tits.

Hope you enjoy the rest Matthew!

(Hint: Brace yourself, coz series 6 SUCKS!!)

#553563 01/18/04 05:20 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Comet King:
Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff in series 5.

I like series 4 too though. I really liked Riley -he's cute! And it was good to try to give Buffy a none-vamp boyfriend.

Series 5 is cool. But Dawn got right on my tits.

Hope you enjoy the rest Matthew!

(Hint: Brace yourself, coz series 6 SUCKS!!)
thanks for the hint CK !!!

i'm sure i'll enjoy season 6, i'm usually easily pleased wink

i haven't watch anymore episodes since "Forever" .... i was trying to slow down on them a little !!! although, i'll probably watch them all by the end of this week .....

Matthew.

#553564 01/27/04 05:46 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
well over the course of the last few days, i've watched the final 5 episodes of "BUFFY" season 5 !!!!

"Intervention" this was great, i loved seeing the First Slayer again !!! and her mesaage to Buffy, and also the "Buffy-bot" that Spike creates was lol !!!

"Tough Love" Glory is becoming more mad and takes Tara's mind !!! and then closes in on Dawn !!!! .....

"Spiral" i liked the fact that Buffy thought there was no way to defeat Glory, and the gang try to escape, the chase on horseback withe the Knights was cool !!! and then Glory finally has Dawn in her grasp ....

"The Weight Of The World" Buffy loses it after Dawn is taken, leaving her in a zombie state !!! the scenes with Willow entering her mind were really great !!!

and then the finale !!!

"The Gift" this was a great action episode, the fight between Buffy and Glory was great [ loved the hammer ] and Glory fighting the "Buffy-bot" first !!!

Giles killing Ben was a surprise !!! but his reasoning made sense !!!

and the final realisation that what the First Slayer said the Buffy [ "Death is your gift" ] is what she needs to do frown ......

i'd say season 5 has probably been my favourite of them all so far ..... with 2 & 3 coming next !!!

i'll probly have to wait a bit till i buy season 6 !!! i'm on holiday from Saturday [ for 2 weeks ] so i'll get it towards the end of Feb !!!

and then i think season 7 is released to buy in April !!!!

Matthew.

#553565 01/27/04 11:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And how about when Willow gets all bad-ass and takes on Glory on her own? (it's a foreshadowing of season 6 though I won't say how)

Season 5 was great, though their senior year of high school with Faith and the Mayor is still my fav. (this season being second fav)

I'm sure you've heard some bad things about season 6, but the season ending three (I think it was three) parter just about made up for it all on its own (though there were some good eps in season 6, it wasn't so strong overall -- and Dawn crossed over from simply annoying to completely useless, imo).

#553566 01/28/04 05:32 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
And how about when Willow gets all bad-ass and takes on Glory on her own? (it's a foreshadowing of season 6 though I won't say how)

shocked i forgot about that part !!!

yeah .... Willow was amazing !!! i do know the general outline for the ending of season 6 !!! but i'll enjoy seeing how we get there .....

Matthew.

#553567 01/28/04 06:46 AM
Deputy
Deputy
FX has just been getting to the end of season 5, so I'm watching them now also. Pretty good, but nowhere near seasons 2 and 3, the peak of the Buffy years. I actually liked season 6! A lot of depressing stuff, but it's really the transition to adulthood. And what a great ending! I've got some great episodes waiting on the digital recorder....

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#553568 01/28/04 10:48 AM
Active
Active
Close your eyes for spoilers Ultra Matt!

armsfalloff - hmmm, it can't be as bad as I remember, and Andrew sure provides some comedy highlights, but I thought the tone of series 6 was well off the mark. Remember one of the early episodes when Warren's girlfriend goes on about "rape" for 5 minutes. That ain't suitable dialogue for an action packed supposedly kid-friendly show!

#553569 01/28/04 01:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I forgive a lot from season six because I really felt like the scoobies were dealing with adult problems--they weren't high school or college students. Xander deals with relationship and job issues, Willow deals with the death of a loved one (talk about rage and loss), Buffy becomes a mother figure to Dawn (and has to deal with a rebellious teenager) and has to deal with more adult sexual feelings and frustrations, no Giles to turn to, and what childhood friends mean as we move into the adult world.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#553570 01/28/04 03:49 PM
Ger Offline
Substitute
Substitute
The Body has one of the most memorable scenes out of the entire run of the show. When Anya breaks down about not understanding death to Willow and Xander. Man, that scene had me bawling.

Thanks for reminding me of when Willow went after Glorith by herself. OOH!!! I had to rewind that and watch it a few times.

Season 6 is definitely the dark season. SPOILERS AHEAD! I was always frustrated at how Buffy and Dawn had so many financial problems -where was their dad and why didn't he help out. I understand the need for them to work it out, but its unrealistic to believe that their dad wouldn't help at all. The only REAL problem I had during Season 6 was Spike and Buffy's GRAPHIC relationship. I am by no means a prude, but that disturbed me a LOT. It ended on a good note, but otherwise it was F'ed up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,988
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
Yonkers N.Y
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star