Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler), 79 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:41 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" .... Season Five
#553571 01/28/04 04:20 PM
Active
Active
I couldn't agree more - it seemed weird for it to suddenly been shown that explicitly given that the previous 5 seasons had been relatively understated. And (SPOILERS!!!) what the hell was happening with Spike? How on Earth could the writers expect him to remain/become a sympathetic character when he tries to rape Buffy? Tut. Didn't like the ending eithher - I thought after that much build the denoument was extremely weak.
Still. Series 7 sorted it out! More Andrew! Hooray!

#553572 01/29/04 01:53 AM
Leader
Leader
The Anya scene from The Body is probably one of the most effecting pieces of TV I've ever seen. Emma Caufield was just amazing there, as was Alyson Hannigan. The lack of any kind of music in the episode is incredibly unsettling, but that one particular scene was just one of the greatest things ever in Buffy.

Season 6 is... well, it's certainly the weakest of all seven seasons but it's not really terrible or anything. There are some very naff episodes and some where characters are hugely out of character but there are some good points. Once More With Feeling, obviously, and I'm particularly fond of Tabula Rasa as well even if it is *very* silly. Ooh, and the mummy hand. He he he. It's very obvious through-out the season though that Whdeon was very hands off and a lot of the lng term writers also seemed to be taking a step back or had moved on to work on other shows. Still, even the worst of Buffy is still better than most other shows.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#553573 01/29/04 09:13 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Since there's nowhere else active to post about it, speaking of Andrew: Did anyone see Angel last night? Good God, he was hilarious! VamPYRE! And I loved the checking in aspects--what Buffy and Dawn are doing, Xander, Willow and Kennedy, etc.

And I can't wait! Once More With Feeling recorded this week! I may have to watch it out of order tonight. Supposedly they put out a soundtrack album from that episode--did anyone buy it?

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#553574 01/29/04 09:28 AM
Leader
Leader
Ach, we're so bloody behind with Anegl here in the UK it's so not true. Seasons 1 and 2 were on Channel 4 except they completely screwed it up because they seemed to think it was going to be OK to show at 6 in the evening, which then meant they had to cut it to pieces. So then they put it on really, really late on a Sunday night. So no-one watched it. Then they rushed trough the last half of season 2 and didn't renew the contract. Then last year Channel 5 picked up season 3 and optioned 4. So they showed the first fourteen episodes on a Wednesday evening but then with no warning took it off in October (I think) and it hasn't been on since. Apparently it's coming back in February with the rest of season 4 running straight into season five, but even still.

That little rant aside I am moving in with the hubby next month and he has satellite so i might be able to catch up. Yay! Can't wait to see Andrew again, he's such a damn cutie.

And I rushed out and got the OMWF soundtrack as soon as it came out. It's fabulous, every single song (including 'They Got The Mustard Out' and the one about the parking attendant) plus the music from the opening and closing credits and Dawn's ballet, and as extras bits of score from other episodes like Restless and Hush as well as a demo version of 'Give Me Something else else To Sing About' performed by Joss Whedon and his wife. One of the best OST you'll find since it actually contains all the songs from the show as well as extras, which isn't usual really.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,991
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ibn al-Nezumi
Ibn al-Nezumi
Indojapan, Earth
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star