Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler), 35 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/06/24 07:10 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added EYEFUL ETHEL & SUNSWORD 5 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:42 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/06/24 05:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 03:07 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 03:05 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/06/24 03:00 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any Louisvillians?
#554950 09/12/03 04:57 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
A couple of job opportunities have popped up there, and I'm thinking of going for one of them. Anyone familiar with the city?

Is it hip and happenin'? Gay friendly/mean? Nice weather? I've done a little research, and the theater seems to be good (very important, though I'll have to come back here to use my "Lion King" season tickets since it'll have been there and gone by the time I'd get there).

Re: Any Louisvillians?
#554951 09/12/03 05:00 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Seymour, I used to live there. It's a nice enough place. Downtown always seemed a bit "dirty" to me, very industrial, but the outskirts are very very nice.

Touch the magic...
#554952 09/12/03 08:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom is fairly decent... it has a good water park, and 3 very nice wooden coasters, as well as one of the best Batman-themed rides I've seen... it's a Penguin wild rapids ride. Very nicely themed. It's nto the equal of Six Flags over Texas or Georgia, but it's nice.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#554953 09/12/03 04:33 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom is fairly decent... it has a good water park, and 3 very nice wooden coasters, as well as one of the best Batman-themed rides I've seen... it's a Penguin wild rapids ride. Very nicely themed. It's nto the equal of Six Flags over Texas or Georgia, but it's nice.
That sounds cool. We're going to King's Island in Cinncinnati later this month for their pride night thing. And this year, they're leaving the Scooby-Doo ride open. We went a couple years ago and had a blast, so we can't wait! We've been needing a break.

#554954 09/12/03 04:35 PM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
Seymour, I used to live there. It's a nice enough place. Downtown always seemed a bit "dirty" to me, very industrial, but the outskirts are very very nice.
Industrial is better than dead -- like downtown Detroit after 5 unless you're going to see a show, then things are nice for a one-block radius.

#554955 09/12/03 09:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
[b] Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom is fairly decent... it has a good water park, and 3 very nice wooden coasters, as well as one of the best Batman-themed rides I've seen... it's a Penguin wild rapids ride. Very nicely themed. It's nto the equal of Six Flags over Texas or Georgia, but it's nice.
That sounds cool. We're going to King's Island in Cinncinnati later this month for their pride night thing. And this year, they're leaving the Scooby-Doo ride open. We went a couple years ago and had a blast, so we can't wait! We've been needing a break. [/b]
Son of Beast makes my head hurt and my teeth rattle. frown

Give me Cedar Point any day! Now THAT'S a park!!! laugh laugh laugh

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#554956 09/13/03 01:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I used to live in kY as well...i have heard a lot about Louisville...but I never knew that they have a SIX FLAGS amusement park there! I went to Mammoth Cave, the deepest cave of the world (if I believe so...it was in Guiness record book). Nice cave...

But the weather...whoa...really four seasons! Winter - brrrr...because of high humidity....Summer - hot and sometimes thunderous and be watchful of tornadoes (I have seen it at least 10 times in four years)....Spring - pleasant...sometimes snow in late May...so be careful....breezy yeah...Fall...the nicest of them all...beautiful colors of Fall leaves...red, brown, light, yellow, tan, orange....beautiful!!! As for the people...hmmm...it has to depends on where you live.

#554957 09/13/03 06:25 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
But the weather...whoa...really four seasons! Winter - brrrr...because of high humidity....Summer - hot and sometimes thunderous and be watchful of tornadoes (I have seen it at least 10 times in four years)....Spring - pleasant...sometimes snow in late May...so be careful....breezy yeah...Fall...the nicest of them all...beautiful colors of Fall leaves...red, brown, light, yellow, tan, orange....beautiful!!! [/QB]
Sounds like Michigan weather, which my hubby would like to escape. We're not lookin' for the tropics, but I know he would like a milder winter. Oh, well. I can handle summers as long as I've got air conditioning.

#554958 09/13/03 02:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Since Louisville is on the river, the winters are a bit milder. THey are definately not as bad as Michigans...

Touch the magic...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,156
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star