Roll Call
1 members (Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler), 68 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:41 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
To Blog or Not to Blog
#555258 01/18/07 07:57 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
That is the question. I've been sitting on a free domain registration since upgrading my Clubhouse site and just don't know what to do with it. I like the way I've finally got the Clubhouse structured; a non-blog Legion new site. And with Michael's Omnicom and Matthew's Legion Abstract I don't feel the need to have an open discussion blog for the Legion. Hell, that's what Legion World is for. Normally anything I have to vent or share I just do here anyway but there are times I want to rant or just talk and don't want to bring it here. And sometimes it gets tiresome posting to both LW and the Clubhouse.

I'm always wanting to find something new to do on the web. Whenever I get a post from (Warren) Ellis I just stagger. This man is my age is look at what he is doing and has done. I see some of the web ideas he just tosses around and think that if I had the free time or place I'd love to just do this. I've also thought about a place for comics news, as if there wasn't already enough of them, but I definitely don't have that kind of time. Plus I find myself becoming increasingly bored with all comics. Don't know if it is another phase or what but I don't read half the books I buy and those I do they either go too quickly or I stop reading before the end. The medium just doesn't hold my interest like it once did. I have to admit getting a "scoop" on something Legion is more exciting for me than actually reading the current series. And my beloved Walking Dead has been neglected for the last four months, the one title besides the Legion I always kept up on.

So I guess this is what I'm asking. What do you bloggers talk about if it isn't just focusing on one subject? And what do you non-bloggers but blogger readers like about the blogs you frequent? I don't want to do something that will get too personal but then I would probably vent occasionally. Then again, do I need to do this? Do I need another project in my life? Maybe I should just give the free domain name to someone who can use it.

Thoughts, opinions, ideas, knees to the groin?

Re: To Blog or Not to Blog
#555259 01/19/07 05:01 AM
Leader
Leader
What do people blog about? Well in my case i just blog about whatever is on my mind at the time. I have a lot of comic stuff up there and general thoughts about news stories and just anything else that comes to mind. Yesterday I was mostly whittering about teh weather. I don't know how many people actually read what I write but... I dunno, it's sort of therapeutic (sp?). Venting your spleen without actually needing or expecting a response but then when you do it's rather nice. It's also a good way to keep in contact with friends that i don't speak to enough otherwise.

And if anyone is interested my livejournal/blog is http://bevismusson.livejournal.com/

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#555260 01/19/07 10:11 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
What do you bloggers talk about if it isn't just focusing on one subject?
Well, for me, I do just focus on one subject: the Legion. And if there doesn't happen to be anything to say about that one subject that day, I don't say anything. And that has the added advantage of being an easier regimen to keep up with. I'm never going to get burned out on Legion Abstract because I don't post to it that often. I hope to be still doing it decades from now. As for personal stuff, well... I'm not under the illusion that my personal life is fascinating enough that anybody would want to read about it. Anything I could come up with that's worthy of someone else's attention is likely to be on some other topic.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't feel pressured to do anything that's more than you want to do. After all, you aren't getting paid for this.

#555261 01/19/07 10:58 AM
Leader
Leader
Matthew has a good point there actually. No matter what you decide to blog about, whether it be a specific topic or just general posting, don't ever feel you *have* to post every day. Do it for you and have fun with it. I like whittering away happily to myself and if other people read it and find it interesting then that's good and if they find the comics related stuff interesting then that's also good but if they don't then it doesn't really matter because I'm keeping myself entertained.

Of course that's my approach to pretty much everything in life...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#555262 01/19/07 11:44 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.

I think I've decided to do a blog, just to write again. And when I realized what today was and why an life long obsession had been building up again recently I know that I may have a theme even if I don't always follow it.

Most of you know that Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite author. I have always connected to him more than any other writer. He work has haunted my life (sorry if that appears to be a bad pun) since I first read the Raven in grade school. But this obsession, like many others in my life, waxes and wanes. The last few months the old need for all things Poe has been building again (when I start browsing eBay for Poe memorabilia there's trouble brewing). Then I saw a news story this morning that brought it all to a head. Today is the 198th anniversary of Poe's birth and the Poe Toaster left his annual present of a half bottle of Cognac and three red roses at Poe's grave site. The Toaster (and his descendants since the original one passed away in 1998) have been doing this for 58 years.

Oh! I just looked down and realized something else. When I got ready for work this morning, being dress down Friday, I grabbed my black Poe t-shirt and wore it. Okay, that clinches it. Too many coincidences to not heed the signs. I need to start this today.

Thanks again for letting me ramble out loud to help sort my thoughts.

#555263 01/19/07 12:38 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
You know, I don't write blogs or anything, but occassionally will find one, and take a couple of hours and really just read a whole bunch of posts (I did that on Matthew's Legion Abstract, and Bevis, I never knew you had one!).

So a cool aspect is once you've written it, its always out there. People can come in months from now and read it.

I know any horror type stuff you write about Scott (especially your own biographical connection to it) would interest me!

#555264 01/19/07 12:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm pretty much on the same page as Bevis.

I have a really horribly neglected blog on my Myspace page, though I'm planning in cleaning up some of the stuff I'm posting in "KP's Thoughtful Spot" and putting it on there.

I have some other thoughts about the social and cultural phenomenon of blogging and how it's affecting society (and to be honest, how it isn't) but I don't think that's what we're going for here.

For me, I do enjoy it when I do it. However, I also enjoy the interaction of message boards... in many ways more so than blogging. Yes, message boards are more ephemeral and feel a lot less like you've accomplished something by writing on them, but I really just love the human connection of the back-and-forth.

I know... smile

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#555265 01/29/07 09:52 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well I finally got the blog set up. Absinthe of Poe . I've made a few entries since Poe's birthday (1/19) and am still working on the look of it but anyone wanting to check it out is welcome.

#555266 02/02/07 05:02 AM
Leader
Leader
You could have a multiple purpose blog or have a "misc" catagory on said blog. I talk about comics, comic movies, tv and toons, toys, music, art, and bacon on mine smile
http://www.comics2film.com/b/index.php?blog=6

#555267 02/05/07 07:58 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i don't BLOG but i do keep a diary !!

and i've written EVERY day since that start of 1990 !! so i have the last 16 years of my life documented !!

which is quite cool, because i can go back over any event in my life and remember what i did, or where i was etc ....

my diary tends to be pretty much FACT based, i don't write down 'feeling' or 'thoughts' .... i just write down the facts, what i did on the day, who i saw, was i at work, what comics i bought etc ...

Matthew.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,991
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star