Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/18/24 10:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/18/24 10:43 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/17/24 09:00 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
"Smallville" .... Season Three
#555475 01/05/04 05:23 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
well it was the return of "Smallville" here [ tonight ] in the UK !!!

i loved naughty Clark wink !!!

he had attitude !!! looking forward to the next episode to see more on Jonathan's "powers" !!!???

how's the season, progressing in the US ??

Matthew.

Re: "Smallville" .... Season Three
#555476 01/05/04 07:23 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
It's kind of on a little break right now. I think there'll be more new episodes again in a week or two.

To be honest, I've been a bit bored with the third season's episodes. There have been a few good ones but, for me, I think the problem is partly due to the fact that the Clark-Lana-Chloe dynamic has changed in a way that I personally don't particularly care for.

There's definitely been a lot of interesting developments with Lex, though. I won't spoil anything for you, but suffice it to say that Lex is probably turning out to be this season's most interesting character! wink

I hope you like the new episodes, Matthew... let us know what you think! smile

#555477 01/05/04 07:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lex has always been the most interesting character, since the pilot. And I agree with Stu, Smallville just doesn't have the appeal it did last year. Heck, none of the new season does. I still haven't watched any of 24 and its my favorite show.

#555478 01/06/04 08:32 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by STU:
It's kind of on a little break right now. I think there'll be more new episodes again in a week or two.
so how many new ones run, until they take a break ?? and, is this done to catch up, on episodes taking longer to make ??

we don't have this sort of thing in the UK [ but i suppose, when we get to see the episodes, all these months later !!! there doesn't need to be a catch up period ....

Matthew.

#555479 01/06/04 08:38 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Lex has always been the most interesting character, since the pilot. And I agree with Stu, Smallville just doesn't have the appeal it did last year. Heck, none of the new season does. I still haven't watched any of 24 and its my favorite show.
i hope the coming episodes get better [ for you then ?? ] up until now i have enjoyed the 2 seasons of "SMALLVILLE" .... so i'll just have to see how much i enjoy, this one !!!

i funny also, because out of all the fantasy type TV shows that i watch, it's the ONLY one the Paul watches every week, with me !!!

so it's kinda nice to be able to enjoy it together .....

Matthew.

#555480 01/06/04 01:22 PM
Leader
Leader
For a 'WB' show, its getting fairly heavily into the sci-fi side of things. I think its losing some of its Dawson's Creek-lovin' fans. I haven't seen all of this season's episodes but I'm still hoping for a 'Legion visits Smallville' episode.

#555481 01/06/04 01:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
After the season premiere two-parter, this season kinda stalled out for me. I tape it every week (along with Angel), but I tend to wait several days before even bothering to watch it, and some episodes I haven't even watched all the way through.

I think the first season was the best, but each subsequent season has been a little less enjoyable. I think one thing that I don't like is the series seems to have gotten away from the super-powered antagonists that the first season had. To me, half the fun of watching Clark's powers manifest was in seeing him use them against somebody moderately formidable.

It's the "Lois and Clark" problem all over again: I don't watch super-hero shows just for romantic drama... I like to have some realistic super-heroey things too.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#555482 01/07/04 10:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
To me, half the fun of watching Clark's powers manifest was in seeing him use them against somebody moderately formidable.
Unless the antagonist is particularly well-conceived, I don't get as much from the actual super-fights. In terms of him using his powers, it's more interesting for me to see him use them in new and unexpected ways to get out of trouble.

But the interpersonal relations between the cast is still the main reason I tune in.

#555483 01/12/04 05:14 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
the 2nd episode was on tonight !!! and i really enjoyed it, there was quite a lot going on !!!

i'm glad the "S" logo has gone from Clark's chest, it looked painful !!!

also i was wondering how Clark was gonna get out of Morgan Edge, telling Lionel more about the blood !!!

also Lex and his wife, back up in the air !!!where did so go, though ??? will she return ??? will Morgan return ???

and will Clark and Lana ever get together ???

Matthew.

#555484 01/12/04 05:16 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
looking forward to next weeks [ they showed a trailer for it .... ]

and it looks like it will be "Who Shot Clark Kent" with a "GREEN K" bullet !!!???

Matthew.

#555485 01/19/04 03:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The episodes this season haven't been as interesting thus far aside from the latest with Lex in the insane aylum and the bad guy team-up. It's still fun to watch, but the Lana/ Clark back and forth is starting to get tiring -- they need to throw something new into the mix, something that'll at least stabilize the relationship for a time.

And Pete Ross really needs something to do or just write him off -- it's kinda sad how ignored he's been this season.

#555486 01/20/04 05:32 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i missed the 3rd episode of season three [ which was on last night frown !!! i was at the theatre ....

so i'll have to wait till Friday, when it's repeated again smile !!!

Matthew.

#555487 01/23/04 12:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Weird -- this past episode barely had Tom Welling in it ... there was this dorky looking guy with glasses I didn't recognize running around ... who's that?? wink

#555488 01/26/04 08:58 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I agree that the relationships are the main reason I watch the show, but the recent asylum episode was by far the best of the season. I would put it with the best Smallville shows. Why?

1. Super villain team up! Excellent. A good way to review what has gone before. Also, I had wondered where all these guys ended up...

2. The development of Lex as psycho evil guy. The show spent so much of last season setting Clark and Lex up as devoted friends, but now we seem to be progressing along the "How does Lex end up as LEX?"

3. Another theme of the show has been "How does Clark figure out how to use his powers in a moral fashion?" Deciding whether to help Lex or not was a good example.

4. Continuing the other main theme, the Clark-Lana relationship. It's not really a triangle any more, is it? Chloe's been spending all her time in dark rooms with Lionel. Give her a love interest! See how Clark likes THEM apples! Lana giving Clark the brushoff was pretty agonizing.

5. You heard it here first: At the end of the series, Chloe decides to adopt a pen name when she gets a job at the Daily Planet, perhaps in part to distance herself from past problems with the Luthor family. Pen name? Lois Lane...at least that's how I think it should turn out....

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#555489 01/26/04 05:24 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
tonight's episode in the UK was "Slumber" !!! the one with the girl in the coma !!!

i really liked this one, it had a nice mystery feel to it !!! and i thought the villain looked just like THE TIME TRAPPER !!! only he had a RED cloak !!! insted of the purple .....

Matthew.

#555490 01/26/04 06:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
5. You heard it here first: At the end of the series, Chloe decides to adopt a pen name when she gets a job at the Daily Planet, perhaps in part to distance herself from past problems with the Luthor family. Pen name? Lois Lane...at least that's how I think it should turn out....
I've been thinking about this as well for awhile and wondering how much sense it makes. With Lionel as an enemy it's becoming more likely that she'll have to use a different name out of necessity. I suppose in the "Smallville" universe it won't matter since they're not going to get into Clark's life as Superman. There's a certain symmetry to it, but I think I prefer the other theory -- that Chloe will die in the end, prompting Clark to follow in her footsteps as a journalist. If he and Chloe fall in love before she dies, or if she dies because she knows his secret, it would give Clark even more of a reason to be distant from Lois when he meets her later on.

#555491 01/26/04 07:11 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Last week's episode was pretty cool -- Clark gains another super-power!

By my reckoning, other than flight, we're only missing one more super-power at this point... Superboy

#555492 01/26/04 07:21 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
[b]5. You heard it here first: At the end of the series, Chloe decides to adopt a pen name when she gets a job at the Daily Planet, perhaps in part to distance herself from past problems with the Luthor family. Pen name? Lois Lane...at least that's how I think it should turn out....
I've been thinking about this as well for awhile and wondering how much sense it makes. With Lionel as an enemy it's becoming more likely that she'll have to use a different name out of necessity. I suppose in the "Smallville" universe it won't matter since they're not going to get into Clark's life as Superman. There's a certain symmetry to it, but I think I prefer the other theory -- that Chloe will die in the end, prompting Clark to follow in her footsteps as a journalist. If he and Chloe fall in love before she dies, or if she dies because she knows his secret, it would give Clark even more of a reason to be distant from Lois when he meets her later on.[/b]
A season or two back, when Chloe spent a summer interning at the Daily Planet in Metropolis, she mentioned staying with a cousin who was a few years older than her. But, mysteriously, this cousin was never named, even though she was mentioned more than once (I think).

[dramatic music]

That cousin... I offer... is none other than Lois Lane!

#555493 01/26/04 07:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That cousin... I offer... is none other than Lois Lane!
Is this a theory of yours cuz I've heard that that Lois will indeed be Chloe's cousin (I can't remember where I heard it, so take it with a grain of salt)! Though I heard she won't appear, she'll only be named.

#555494 01/26/04 07:49 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I've read it on various places on the boards subsequently, but the thought popped into my head the instant I heard Chloe first mention her "cousin in Metropolis."

#555495 01/28/04 09:43 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
WHOA! eek I just about fell out of my seat when Chloe mentioned her cousin this episode!

*MINOR SPOILERS*

Poor Chloe! That Lana's a roundhousing, spin-kicking maniac!

Poor Pete! Once again, he had about three lines total in the whole episode. And no one even thought enough of him to attempt to get him to kill Chloe!

Questions to ponder: Why is Martha Kent's e-mail "CNH20" -- does it mean something? And does Jonathan Kent just routinely carry kryptonite around in his pocket?

Anyway, a very interesting episode! Season Three is finally starting to get good. laugh

#555496 01/29/04 12:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LOIS LANE! Yeah baby! It was cool to see, if not completely unexpected.

I really can't believe that Lana only got suspension for going after another student with an axe though -- I mean, that was the most unbelievable thing so far!!

#555497 01/29/04 09:06 AM
Deputy
Deputy
As I watched that first part of the ep (I haven't finished last week) I started jumping up and down and tried to run to the computer, but my wife wanted to get the kids to bed. It's so difficult to be a dork and take care of little people, too. How DID my parents manage it?

Clarks gonna end up with Chloe, Clark's gonna end up with Chloe....

Don't judge me!
#555498 01/29/04 01:50 PM
Ger Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Last night BLEW ME AWAY! Chloe as LOIS LANE!!! and a kick-@$$ cat fight. All in all, a very good episode. I was extremely glad to see that Chloe and Clark made up.

And I was also glad that Lana's new male friend wasn't turning her bad like it seemed in the previews. They've had too many of those episodes.

#555499 02/04/04 09:04 PM
Active
Active
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they just do what I think they did???
While it was bound to happen, it doesn't mean I have to like it!!

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#555500 02/08/04 12:56 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
*MINI SPOILERS*

I guess "Adam Knight" isn't Bruce Wayne after all... is he? confused

Doesn't look like Lana ends up with Pete in this particular continuity. Not that it would have made much sense in the context of the show, since the two of them hardly spend any time with each other. Come to think of it, poor Pete hardly spends much time with anyone these days... which leads us to the previews for this upcoming week's episode...

Can you say "The Fast and Furious"... in Smallville?! After three really interesting episodes, I hope this next one isn't cheesy and silly... :rolleyes:

#555501 02/08/04 12:58 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
News from the TV Tome ...

"Titan Magazines To Publish Smallville Yearbook & Magazine

KryptonSite has learned that Titan Magazines will be publishing the Official Smallville Yearbook, fully authorized by DC Comics. The special magazine will be hitting newsstands in mid-May, offering 100 pages of interviews with the cast and crew behind the show. This will be followed by a new official monthly magazine that will debut in late-September, when season four premieres on the WB.

The Yearbook will feature interviews with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, Allison Mack, Sam Jones III, John Glover, Al Gough & Miles Millar, Kenneth Biller, Greg Beeman, Mat Beck and Mark Snow. Keep an eye on KryptonSite for more details!"

#555502 02/08/04 08:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by His imperial majesty, STU:
I guess "Adam Knight" isn't Bruce Wayne after all... is he?
Was there a rumor that he is?? That'd be interesting (and almost makes sense). He's obviously brilliant, suffered something horrible in his past (he did sort of "die" when his parents were killed) and he's got the brooding mystery man thing going for him. I never thought of that ... I was trying to figure a Starman connection with the "Knight" name. Maybe Lex found out the truth and let him off the hook because he sympathizes.

#555503 02/08/04 08:54 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by His imperial majesty, STU:
[b]I guess "Adam Knight" isn't Bruce Wayne after all... is he?
Was there a rumor that he is??[/b]
The DCMBs (actually, the "Smallville: The Comic" board, but most of the discussion there is about the TV show) and a couple of other boards were abuzz with this possibility. (Adam Knight = "Dark Knight")

But I kind of doubt they'd introduce Bruce Wayne so early, and in such a significant role...

#555504 02/09/04 10:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
But it would be cool if they did....

Don't judge me!
#555505 02/09/04 08:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Okay, ao I just watched the last two episodes that I had taped. All I can say is that I'm so glad that one day Lana will be gone and Clark will end up with Lois. I mean, can Lana get any more annoying? Good gawd, but she gets on my nerves.

Chloe is funny, and fiesty, and is a great partner for Clark, both as a friend and lover.

Lana is just so wimpy and whiny and nauseatingly weak. Ugh! She is single handedly turning this show into "Krypton's Creek." I wish they'd ship her off to boarding school or something.

The plus thing is that they are starting to reintroduce some things that made the first season great: super-powers. They had the three ex-foes in the sanitarium, then the computer hypnotist, and now the tactile precog.

Now if only someone could put Lana into a coma so the series can keep getting good again...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#555506 02/10/04 08:11 AM
Deputy
Deputy
While I agree with a lot of what you say, Lana has given me a lot of "Smallville moments:" points at which I am transported to the psychotic confusion of high school relationships, in which at least one of the participants has no freakin' idea what's going on (and usually both). If she completely went away, it wouldn't be the same show. The writers do need to figure out how to use her character without completely turning her into a whiny teenager.

Don't judge me!
#555507 02/11/04 09:59 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
*MINOR SPOILERS*

Wow. Could this episode have felt any more like an After-School Special?

"How long have you been doing this, Pete?"

"Since the last episode."

"Street racing is wrong! You could go to jail!"

And since when has Smallville, Kansas -- home to one main street and one high school, and a bunch of farms -- been street racing central? Where did all those kids come from? Metropolis? (It's three hours away...!)

Other than the premise, which made it incredibly difficult to suspend disbelief, the episode wasn't actually *too* bad. I was even a bit nervous, trying to figure out how Clark and Pete would get themselves out of the car before it went kablooey. (But I would have thought that Pete would have to face some consequences for contributing to the death of Dante under such reckless circumstances.)

I hope the lovely Dr. Tang stays around for a while. love

Also, I think Lex deliberately left his car available to Clark, to see whether Clark would take it or not...

#555508 02/15/04 04:48 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
can someone help me out with an episode i've missed !!! as i was on holiday, i thought i was gonna miss 2 episodes of "SMALLVILLE" !!!

luckly i remembered the repeat episode [ that aired this evening on Monday's one smile ]

the one i saw tonight was called "Relic" [ which i'll get back to in a moment .... ]

so what happened in the one before this ???

to recap what has already happened ....

# 1 & 2 were Clark "bad" and in Metropolis !!!

# 3 was the "vigilante" saving Lana and shooting Clark with a GREEN K bullet !!!

# 4 was the girl in the coma !!!

so what was # 5 ???

and now back to tonight's .... i thought "Relic" was brilliant !!! i loved the new twist that Jor-El had visited Smallville in the 60's !!! and been in love with Lana's aunt and met Jonathon's father !!!

i loved all the "flashback" scenes, and wished Tom Welling has is hair like that, from now on !!!

it had a great "Back to the Future" type feel to it, and it also reminded me of the LEGION stories where they went back in time to Smallville of the 50's !!! and they'd try and fit in with the locals !!!

did anyone else enjoy this one ???

Matthew.

#555509 02/15/04 10:17 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I really liked "Relic" too -- but I'm kind of a sucker for that sort of "Back to the Future" retro-type story. It's relatively easy to effectively evoke the feel of the era with some shrewd costuming and just the right use of music.

And is Smallville just crawling with repressed, vengeful people or what?!

#555510 02/15/04 10:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have to admit that I've quit taping Smallville and *gasp* 24.

Just don't have the time to watch them anymore. I figured I'd just pick up the DVDs when released.

#555511 02/16/04 12:10 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I really liked "Relic" too -- but I'm kind of a sucker for that sort of "Back to the Future" retro-type story. It's relatively easy to effectively evoke the feel of the era with some shrewd costuming and just the right use of music.

And is Smallville just crawling with repressed, vengeful people or what?!
i love "BTTF" too !!!

but ... STU do you remember what happened in the episode before "Relic" ???

thanks .....

Matthew.

#555512 02/16/04 04:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, Matt,

Go look in www.thewb.com , they have a list of episodes of a whole bunch of TV series, including Smallville. I was just there, and I think the episode immediately before the 1961 one is the one that introduced Perry White as a drunk journalist who used to be good but discovered one of Lionel Luthor's schemes. But go look it up for yourself!

Juan

#555513 02/16/04 06:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
"Perry" was a great episode! I think it was even named one of the top 20 best episodes of 2003 by some magazine or internet site...

(What was weird was seeing Michael McKean and Annette O'Toole interacting on the show, knowing that they're married to each other in real life!)

#555514 02/17/04 06:11 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Juan:
Hey, Matt,

Go look in www.thewb.com , they have a list of episodes of a whole bunch of TV series, including Smallville. I was just there, and I think the episode immediately before the 1961 one is the one that introduced Perry White as a drunk journalist who used to be good but discovered one of Lionel Luthor's schemes. But go look it up for yourself!

Juan
thank's for the link !!! i forgot about the WB website !!!

i wish i'd seen this one .... hopefully the repeat of it will be shown in another month or so ???

Matthew.

#555515 02/18/04 08:43 AM
Leader
Leader
So, regarding Smallville season three.... and I'm guessing only Scott will know what I am talking about.....

THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU!

#555516 02/18/04 08:50 AM
Leader
Leader
Anyway, now that I have watch the first 8 eps of season 3, I have a few questions:

I never saw any of season 2, can anyone explain the circumstances in which Pete discovered "the secret?"

Anyone agree with me in preferring the comics version where Clark does not know that Pete knows? I tend to think that, will all the secrets on Smallville, that this scenario would have played well.

What were the circumstances in which the Kent's learned on Krypton & Jor-El, and when did they begin refering to the meteor rocks as kryptonite?

I was not able to view all of hte season opener, so I am not sure if this was explained. How does red kryptonite fit into the Smallville 'verse? Does it only turn Clark evil, or other changes like the comics?

I could not watch most of the marnetic boy episode. How does it end? I only got as far as Lana about to decline the date after initially accepting.

Also could not watch all of episode 8 with the Black Canary Kid. What happens after Clark find Pete in the garage?

Adam Knight mentions that he gets dehydrated a lot. If he is not Batman, is he Aquaman?

#555517 02/18/04 08:50 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Q: I never saw any of season 2, can anyone explain the circumstances in which Pete discovered "the secret?"

A: I think Clark just up and told him. Don't quite remember.

Q: Anyone agree with me in preferring the comics version where Clark does not know that Pete knows? I tend to think that, will all the secrets on Smallville, that this scenario would have played well.

A: Yup.

Q: What were the circumstances in which the Kent's learned on Krypton & Jor-El, and when did they begin refering to the meteor rocks as kryptonite?

A: Christopher Reeve episode, I think.

Q: I was not able to view all of hte season opener, so I am not sure if this was explained. How does red kryptonite fit into the Smallville 'verse? Does it only turn Clark evil, or other changes like the comics?

A: I think it makes everyone lose their inhibitions, not just Clark.

Q: I could not watch most of the marnetic boy episode. How does it end? I only got as far as Lana about to decline the date after initially accepting.

A: The magnetic boy gets what's coming to him, of course!

Q: Also could not watch all of episode 8 with the Black Canary Kid. What happens after Clark find Pete in the garage?

A: Don't quite remember.

Q: Adam Knight mentions that he gets dehydrated a lot. If he is not Batman, is he Aquaman?

A: Doesn't look like it.

#555518 02/18/04 08:51 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
The girl who plays the villain on tonight's episode: YOWZA! love

She's like a sexier, blonder Natalie Portman!

*dreamy sigh*

#555519 02/19/04 09:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Duke, glad you got the discs and they worked, for the most part. I'll try a different compression ratio next time, maybe a slower burn speed to adjust for older DVD players.

#555520 02/20/04 03:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The girl who plays the villain on tonight's episode: YOWZA! love

She's like a sexier, blonder Natalie Portman!

*dreamy sigh*
No kidding -- when she showed up in Clark's bed in her undies that was hot hot hot! If Clark popped a boner, I was afraid he'd have catapulted her through the wall!!

(still, she wasn't quite as hot as caged naked werewolf girl in "Angel" this week wink )

#555521 02/20/04 10:24 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
No kidding -- when she showed up in Clark's bed in her undies that was hot hot hot! If Clark popped a boner, I was afraid he'd have catapulted her through the wall!!
OK, I admit it -- I busted out laughing when I read this... what an image! drool

#555522 02/21/04 04:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Plus, she has that all important thing for actors to have: chemistry. Too bad the writers ruined it by having her go FoTW and by keeping Lana.

#555523 02/21/04 07:46 AM
Leader
Leader
"FoTW"

??

#555524 02/21/04 12:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Foe of the week?

#555525 02/21/04 02:29 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
What I don't understand is -- since she wasn't killed at the end of the episode, what's keeping her from telling everyone about Clark's powers? There were a couple of other villains who knew, but I think they all ended up getting knocked off eventually.

So at this point, are the only people who definitely know about Clark's powers his parents and Pete? And the scientist played by Christopher Reeve?

(And why Clark didn't just use super-speed to knock her unconscious earlier is beyond me. Her teleporting was pretty much instantaneous, but she didn't have super-reflexes, and it would have still taken her a few seconds to react to any perceived threat and activate her power -- hence, the reason she didn't teleport away from the flying paint at the end.)

#555526 02/23/04 04:38 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
great episode tonight called "Shattered" !!!

is Lex going mad, or is his father driving him mad !!!??? some great scenes from Lex [ a taste of the future LL !!! ]

and the final push away of Lana from Clark [ as her involvement with Clark, almost get's her killed !!! ]

and i loved seeing Lex watch as Clark stops the car in front of him !!!

can't wait for next weeks continuation .....

Matthew.

#555527 02/25/04 10:45 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I watched the last two episodes yesterday.

The racing plot with Pete was stupid. Episodes like this keep Smallville on the "if I run out of time I don't watch it" list instead of the "must watch" list.

Much better episode from last week. Teleport girl was hot! Interesting development with Adam. Should we sympathize, or is he really a bad guy? What's the deal? And is the hot Asian doctor going to end up being another woman playing the Luthors off against each other?

Don't judge me!
#555528 02/26/04 06:08 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ok, so Adam Knight is definitely not the "dark knight". But with his condition deteriorating and the fact that his life is based on Clark's physiology -- maybe he'll be "Bizarro"!! Well, I doubt it -- it seems he's getting red splotches rather than getting chalky white.

After watching the last episode I have to ask -- is Clark now the Flash?? He seemed to display a kind of speed I usually associate with the scarlet speedster.

#555529 02/26/04 11:37 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hmmm...could Luthor have replicated the blood sample he had and injected it into Adam? Then some sort of cellular degeneration could take place....Bizarro! Personally, I love the idea, but it could be a little Silver Age for the boob tube.

Don't judge me!
#555530 02/26/04 05:55 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
how many episodes has ADAM been in so far ???

then i can see how far behind, we are in the UK .... and just to remind you, we had the Lex going mad episode, this week !!!

Matthew.

#555531 02/26/04 06:41 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Um, three or four, maybe? I think maybe you guys are five or six episodes behind...

#555532 02/29/04 05:16 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Um, three or four, maybe? I think maybe you guys are five or six episodes behind...
thanks STU smile

Matthew.

#555533 02/29/04 05:19 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
looking forward to tomorrow nights episode .... it's the one with Lex "trapped" in BELLE REVE !!!

and he meets up with 3 villains !!! you guy's were saying it was really good, a few weeks back .....

Matthew.

#555534 02/29/04 07:35 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Yeah! Some very nice guest appearances -- and surprising for me, since I hadn't heard about them before I saw the episode.

***MINI SPOILERS***

This week's episode was so-so. It had a rather silly excuse for keeping kryptonite in the equation... if Clark could think quickly enough while the bomb was going off to run and fetch something made of lead, why didn't he think of it earlier and just remove the bomb right away? confused

I did really like the special effects of super-speed Clark, but Drake is right on the money -- that was a few degrees faster than we've hitherto been shown this Clark being capable of.

#555535 03/02/04 03:24 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
looking forward to tomorrow nights episode .... it's the one with Lex "trapped" in BELLE REVE !!!

and he meets up with 3 villains !!! you guy's were saying it was really good, a few weeks back .....

Matthew.
loved this episode !!! i thought it was great, much darker than any that have been on before ....

the torture of Lex, was quite full on IMO for a TV show, but it did fit into the story, and show how evil Lionel is !!!

the 3 villains returning was cool and the introduction of ADAM !!!??? i'm interested to see where he takes LANA ???

and i liked Clark's feeling at the end, as Lex no longer know's his "secret" and his thoughts on friendship !!!

Matthew.

#555536 03/02/04 05:55 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i've just had a look at the "SMALLVILLE" website, sounds like there's some great episodes coming up, with some interesting returning characters, and some we thought we'd "never" see ......

and SEASON 2 is due out on DVD in May !!! i wonder if it'll come out in the UK, then ???

tomorrow's episode in the US is called "CRISIS" !!!???

Matthew.

#555537 03/04/04 04:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
"Crisis" (short for "Teen Crisis Hotline" here) at least paid a slight homage to "Crisis" in that it involved time travel and a possible alternate timeline.

I was a bit disappointed in how the Adam story resolved itself. Ultimately, it was just another whacko getting obsessed with Lana and almost killing her (does Lana Lang's life in peril have to be the focus of every episode??? Sure seems like it to me).

#555538 03/08/04 12:36 AM
Leader
Leader
I thought Crisis was one of this season's better episodes. What I find funny is Smallville must have one of the highest homicide rates in the country and no one seems to give it much thought. The graduating class from Smallville High is probably half the size of when they were Freshmen cause everyone keeps dying.

#555539 03/08/04 05:38 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
looking forward to seeing "CRISIS" !!!! tonight's episode in the UK, is the one where Clark developes SUPER HEARING !!!! and he has to wear glasses, during the episode ....

Matthew.

#555540 03/09/04 05:41 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i really enjoyed this weeks episode of "SMALLVILLE" [ "Whisper" ]

the one where Clark developes Super Hearing !!! i really liked Jonathon and Martha helping train Clark with his new power !!!

and we still had some other subplots going on, Clark and Lana / Chloe and Clark / Chloe and Lionel / etc .....

and the finishing touch for me was Clark having to wear the glasses !!! i thought that was cool !!!

Matthew.

#555541 03/10/04 09:47 AM
Leader
Leader
I think tonight's ep is "Relic" which I missed when it first aired here in the States. Have you seen it yet Matt?

#555542 03/11/04 10:27 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I think tonight's ep is "Relic" which I missed when it first aired here in the States. Have you seen it yet Matt?
hope you enjoyed "RELIC" !!??

this has been my favourite episode of this season, so far !!! i love "Back to the Future" type stories !!!

Matthew.

#555543 03/11/04 10:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
That one's one of my favorites, too. Anyone get a thrill from watching the opening sequence of the pilot episode (even if it preempted Angel)? I didn't have the time to watch the entire ep, but what fun!

Don't judge me!
#555544 03/17/04 05:01 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i really enjoyed this weeks episode called "DELETE" !!!

great shot of the "Daily Planet" building at the beginning, and i loved Chloe using the "Lois Lane" name !!! i'd really like that if Chloe WAS LL in the version of the legend !!!

also liked Lex linking into the Dr from "Summerholt" and more facts on Adam ??? [ what's his story ??? ]

i'm really loving "SMALLVILLE" at the moment !!! i think the season is going really well !!!

Matthew.

#555545 03/21/04 05:18 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i read some "spoilers" for tomorrow's episode [ "Hereafter" ] where we get a glimse of a certain red cape !!!!

i can't wait to see it .....

Matthew.

#555546 03/22/04 01:35 PM
Leader
Leader
Ya know, I guess you guys are right, the season has picked up a bit towards the middle and end. I'm still a little uneasy about the amazing transmutative, plot-advancing power of 'Smallville' Krytonite. Its like "I want a dog in this episode, let's combine Kyrptonite and that dog leash over there" or "Mmm I want a pizza, if we leave some meteor rocks that that empty pizza box I think we can get something cooking!"

#555547 03/22/04 01:44 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I just started wathing Smallville a little over a month ago..DAMMIT!!! And I am hooked. It can be a little hokey at times, but is overall very enjoyable, and fun to watch how they develop everything. I do not know the episodes, but did anyone notice last week that the dream villian looked a lot like a certain Trapper??? Nice...

I just can't BLOK it out!
#555548 03/22/04 04:42 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by thor2168:
I just started wathing Smallville a little over a month ago..DAMMIT!!! And I am hooked. It can be a little hokey at times, but is overall very enjoyable, and fun to watch how they develop everything. I do not know the episodes, but did anyone notice last week that the dream villian looked a lot like a certain Trapper??? Nice...
yes !!! i thought the villain looked like the Time Trapper !!! check out my earlier posts in the thread, regarding that episode !!!

Matthew.

#555549 03/22/04 04:49 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i thought tonights episode "Hereafter" was really good !!! loved seeing JORDAN's vision of CLARK's future !!!

"You don't have an end like other people ..... it's like you live forever"

that was great !!! and the glimpse of the red cape and the yellow logo was simply too cool !!!

the subplot with ADAM keeps building too ???

and then the final scene with Jonathan [ and his heartattack !!! ] i liked how he says what JOHN GLEN says in "SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE" when he suffers from his fatal heartattack !!!

Matthew.

#555550 04/12/04 10:53 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i really enjoyed last weeks episode "Obsession" !!! with the girl who could teleport, who finds out Clark's secret !!!

the lead paint that stopped her powers, was a nice touch [ although it didn't show what happened to her, later confused did she die ??? ]

and the subplot with Adam, keeps growing which i like also !!

tonights episode is "Resurrection" [ more on Adam !! ] and then we're only 2 episodes behind, you guy's in the US !!

you have the Christopher Reeve episode on Wednesday !!! i can't wait for that one [ it's a Jeph Loeb written one ]

btw ... there's a cool website www.kryptonsite.com with loads of info, spoilers etc !!! some interesting news on possible storylines for this seasons finale .....

Matthew.

#555551 04/13/04 04:27 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
last nights episode [ "Resurrection" ] was pretty good !!! with it's continuation of the mystery about ADAM and the contents of that test tube !!!

loved the scene where the liquid reacted to being near the KRYPTONITE bomb !!!

Matthew.

#555552 04/16/04 03:30 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
so did anyone see the latest episode in the US, then ???

was it good ???

i'm really looking forward to this one !!! 2 weeks to go, here .....

Matthew.

#555553 04/16/04 05:03 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
possible

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Alison Mack who plays Chole, has been spotted out with BROWN hair !!! could this be a move forward with her actually becoming LOIS LANE !!!???

and also John Glover who plays Lionel, has been seen with a BALD head !!!???

i got this info from the cool SMALLVILLE site www.kryptonsite.com

Matthew.

#555554 04/22/04 04:19 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
so did no one watch, the latest US episode .....

it airs here on Monday !!! so i don't have much longer to wait !!!

Matthew.

#555555 04/22/04 04:52 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i just checked out the latest episode info on www.kryptonsite.com for the season finale !!!

wow !!! you're not gonna believe who shows up !!!

this is gonna be such a brilliant cliffhanger for the start of season 4 !!!

Matthew.

#555556 04/22/04 07:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Alison Mack who plays Chole, has been spotted out with BROWN hair !!! could this be a move forward with her actually becoming LOIS LANE !!!???[/QB]
Could be, could be ... the latest episode (where she gets dosed with Kryptonite gas) ends with a very good reason why Chloe might want to change her name.

#555557 04/23/04 04:22 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Alison Mack who plays Chole, has been spotted out with BROWN hair !!! could this be a move forward with her actually becoming LOIS LANE !!!???
Could be, could be ... the latest episode (where she gets dosed with Kryptonite gas) ends with a very good reason why Chloe might want to change her name. [/QB]
tongue tongue tongue

wanna know now !!!

Matthew.

#555558 04/24/04 09:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer

wanna know now !!!
Ya sure??? Ok, I'll tell you if you reeeeally wanna know...

In this ep, Chloe goes digging in a Lexcorp lab and gets a dose of Kryptonite gas that gives her the ability to compel the truth from whomever she questions (needless to say, she loses it by the end, but only after creating big messes with all her friends). She manages to get Lionel Luthor to admit that he killed his parents, recording it to her cellphone voicemail. Silly girl that she is, she told him she recorded it and Lionel managed to have the recording expunged from her phone service, leaving his own chilling message in its place. So now she's the only one who knows and it sits on her like Daffy under an anvil...

#555559 04/25/04 04:00 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
[b]
wanna know now !!!
Ya sure??? Ok, I'll tell you if you reeeeally wanna know...

In this ep, Chloe goes digging in a Lexcorp lab and gets a dose of Kryptonite gas that gives her the ability to compel the truth from whomever she questions (needless to say, she loses it by the end, but only after creating big messes with all her friends). She manages to get Lionel Luthor to admit that he killed his parents, recording it to her cellphone voicemail. Silly girl that she is, she told him she recorded it and Lionel managed to have the recording expunged from her phone service, leaving his own chilling message in its place. So now she's the only one who knows and it sits on her like Daffy under an anvil... [/b]
thanks DRAKE !!!

this episode airs a week tomorrow tongue ......

Matthew.

#555560 05/07/04 04:02 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
this weeks episode was great !!! i loved seeing Chloe getting into troble with Lionel !!!

this season has been great imo !!! just a few more to go [ like "FRIENDS" !!! ] they both end the same week .....

Matthew.

#555561 05/14/04 05:13 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
this weeks episode was "Memoria" and it was another great one !!!

loved seeing more of Lex's childhood and the reason behind, Lionel's dislike to Lex !!!

and the scene with Clark in the memory machine was cool !!! with the voices of Jor-El and Lara placing him as a baby into the spaceship !!!

also TOM looked pretty hot in those red shorts !!!

Matthew.

#555562 05/14/04 05:14 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
just 3 more episodes left to air frown .....

Matthew.

#555563 05/19/04 08:05 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Re: the Smallville season 3 finale:

Merciful Rao!

#555564 05/19/04 08:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Damnit! I missed it because of business. AARRGGHH!!

So, was Kara hot?

#555565 05/19/04 09:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
She was fine, but I didn't really think the actress looked the part, somehow. I always thought of Kara as looking younger and more innocent. Then again...

* MINI-SPOILERS *

This Kara was hardly that innocent, so maybe the actress they cast was appropriate after all...

#555566 05/19/04 09:23 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
The last scenes of this episode made me think of a slightly altered version of Remy Zero's theme song for the show:

"Somebody shaaaaaaaaave me..."

#555567 05/20/04 12:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So, was Kara hot?
OMG, she was totally hot! She spent the first five minutes of the ep totally nekkid! Even though the character didn't act innocent, I could totally see that actress play Supergirl (especially the way Turner's been drawing her in "Superman/Batman"). Btw, she's also in the new "Lost in Space" series -- we'll see if that ever makes it on the air.

The episode itself was very dramatic as most season enders are (especially for Chloe!! -- very "Godfather" kindof ending). It was quite odd seeing Clark and Kara kiss, but obviously this isn't exactly the same Kara we know and love. It was also interesting to see that it's Clark who ends the friendship with Lex -- we keep expecting Lex to cross the line somehow and turn on Clark, but it's even more tragic if it really turns out to be the other way around.

It sucks that you missed it Scott - is the WB going to repeat the episode on Sunday?

#555568 05/20/04 08:54 AM
Leader
Leader
That was quite the 'Oh-My-God!' episode. When they went in for the kiss, I was like "Ew, is that legal in Kansas?!?" Was Pete completely missing from the episode or did I just channel surf a bit too much?

#555569 05/20/04 11:13 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Pete moved away to live with his mom. He explained last ep how he was constantly afraid of blowing Clark's secret, which is what made him change his mind about telling Lana.

#555570 05/20/04 11:13 AM
A
Active
Active
A
Pete left last episode.

They have totally set it up for Chloe to change her identity.

#555571 05/20/04 02:36 PM
Leader
Leader
Spoiler Space
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Is Chloe's new identity "Dead Girl" from X-Statix? lol Oh and I saw that Pete leaving episode - I just didn't realize he was gone GONE already.

Does anybody remember that music video for the Coolio song "Ganster's Paradise" from the Michelle Phiffer movie "Dangerous Minds"? When they were shaving Lionel, I coulda sworn he was channeling Coolio.

Wow, they really decimated Clark's scooby gang, huh? Perfect time for a new set of friends... a legion of super heroic friends from the future perhaps?!?

#555572 05/20/04 07:12 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
MORE SPOILERS
Sam Jones III (Pete) is the only actor who's not returning next season. Which means they're going to find some way to get Clark back from wherever, Lana back from Paris, and Jonathan, Chloe, and Lex out of their current precarious situations.

Out of all of those cliffhangers, I'm having the hardest time visualizing how they're going to save Chloe.

I was a bit disappointed in how abruptly Pete left. It would have been nice if someone had at least paid him a visit in the season finale.

#555573 05/20/04 11:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
They have totally set it up for Chloe to change her identity.
True, but didn't they already establish that her cousin is Lois Lane? The only way it would make sense for her to take her cousin's name is if her cousin dies and Chloe assumes her identity(??)

#555574 05/21/04 12:12 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[b]So, was Kara hot?
OMG, she was totally hot! She spent the first five minutes of the ep totally nekkid! Even though the character didn't act innocent, I could totally see that actress play Supergirl (especially the way Turner's been drawing her in "Superman/Batman"). Btw, she's also in the new "Lost in Space" series -- we'll see if that ever makes it on the air.

The episode itself was very dramatic as most season enders are (especially for Chloe!! -- very "Godfather" kindof ending). It was quite odd seeing Clark and Kara kiss, but obviously this isn't exactly the same Kara we know and love. It was also interesting to see that it's Clark who ends the friendship with Lex -- we keep expecting Lex to cross the line somehow and turn on Clark, but it's even more tragic if it really turns out to be the other way around.

It sucks that you missed it Scott - is the WB going to repeat the episode on Sunday?[/b]
Just checked the TiVo schedule on-line and there is no showing of Smallville for the next 10 days. At least not in the SLC area. Damn! I can only hope my friend recorded both Angel and Smallville for me the other night. Or I can find it on-line.

#555575 05/21/04 01:51 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
[b] They have totally set it up for Chloe to change her identity.
True, but didn't they already establish that her cousin is Lois Lane? The only way it would make sense for her to take her cousin's name is if her cousin dies and Chloe assumes her identity(??) [/b]
I heard that they did, but didn't see that episode. Nevertheless, I found the idea quite intriguing.

#555576 05/21/04 04:16 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i couldn't help myself frown frown i've read all your posts. regarding the finale !!! [ although ... i knew most of them already evil ]

i can't wait to see this one, sounds like loads of FAB moments !!!

but, i'm gonna be sad, because it won't be on again, till January 2005 !!!

Matthew.

#555577 05/27/04 05:12 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i really enjoyed this weeks episode !!! i thought PETE's scene with CLARK was really touching !!!

he was really SAD to be leaving Smallville [ i shed a tear, myself !!! ]

and with the arrest of Lionel at the end, it was really exciting !!! and now just one more epiosed to go .........

Matthew.

#555578 06/06/04 03:40 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i thought the season finale was excellent laugh laugh laugh

the final few minutes were great:

1. the slo-mo shot of Chloe and her father entering the safe house,only for it to blow up !!

2. Lex chocking on the floor !!

3. Johnathan also down !!

4. Clark trapped inside the cave !!

this cliffhanger had a great "DYNASTY" feel to it, who will live ??? who will die ???

it reminded me of that ROYAL WEDDING MASSACRE !!!

roll on season 4 ......

Matthew.

#555579 06/06/04 11:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LOL -- I remember the Dynasty marriage massacre, but I was thinking "Godfather" when I saw the ending montage of everyone getting "knocked off".

No comment on Kara? I thought it was great that they threw her in there (though she turned out to be a red herring).

#555580 06/08/04 03:50 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
LOL -- I remember the Dynasty marriage massacre, but I was thinking "Godfather" when I saw the ending montage of everyone getting "knocked off".

No comment on Kara? I thought it was great that they threw her in there (though she turned out to be a red herring).
yeah !! sorry !!

i forgot KARA, this had quite a good twist, to it !! i quite glad she turned out to be not who she seemed to be !!

with regards to the cliff-hanger, i always wonder about these sort of ones ??? do they have a story plan already in place to lead off from it, or are most of the scenes we see, just done for shock value !!!

i loved them all the same, but i just wondered .....

Matthew.

#555581 06/16/04 02:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
From http://darkhorizons.com:

Margot Kidder had the everyday clumsy charm, Teri Hatcher had sex appeal and smarts in one package, now someone is needed to fill the ample high heels and tough attitude of the one and only Lois Lane - or at least a younger version of her.

No this is not one of those endless casting speculations about who'll be playing the Daily Planet reporter and love interest to a certain Man of Steel in the upcoming "Superman" movie, rather it's talk of her predecessor on TV's "Smallville".

KryptonSite reports that a casting call has gone out to agents for the role of Lois Lane, a "recurring guest star for the first four episodes" of Season Four of the show which premieres this Fall. Like the Lois we know and love, she's described as "caucasian, smart, beautiful, urban, headstrong, and no-nonsense. An army brat raised by a US General which made her tough as nails, and hides her vulnerability with sarcasm and wit" .

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR SEASONS 1-3

Unlike the character though this will be before Lois gets into journalism. At this point in her life, Lois is in her early twenties and has no interest in journalism. She's in Smallville to investigate
the apparent death of her cousin - the regular character Chloe (Allison Mack)

An announcement is expected soon. This year of the show will also see the inclusion of a new regular - Jason Teague. Teague is a sexy, handsome Metropolis rich kid with a love of football, jetting overseas for the Summer, and pursuing a degree in education.

#555582 06/16/04 04:00 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
thanks for the update Scott !!!

so Chloe isn't gonna be Lois, then !!!???

Matthew.

#555583 06/16/04 05:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I guess not. I had always heard that she would use Lois as a pen name but wouldn't really be her.

#555584 06/17/04 08:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
They had already established Chloe's cousin was Lois Lane so it would've been odd for her to assume her cousin's identity rather than have it be a made up pen name. And judging from the description of the character, this new character will indeed be the Lois we know and Superman will love...

#555585 06/20/04 02:29 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
They had already established Chloe's cousin was Lois Lane so it would've been odd for her to assume her cousin's identity rather than have it be a made up pen name. And judging from the description of the character, this new character will indeed be the Lois we know and Superman will love...
cool !!!! the only down side though .... i'll have to wait till Jan 2005 !!!! before we get season 4 in the UK frown

Matthew.

#555586 07/15/04 04:58 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Season four, really...

I know that I'm likely to see clues where there are none, but the last paragraph here sure makes it easy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,438
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Brody27
Brody27
Tampa, FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star