Roll Call
0 members (), 35 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Which Lost character are you?
#555927 05/28/12 10:29 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"So I guess I'm out of Book Club."

#555928 05/28/12 10:34 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Blacula, there's definitely a number of deleted scenes over the course of the series that add to the show. There's a bunch of really cute Hurley/Libby stuff that I love.

#555929 05/28/12 11:42 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wonder if Lash would like the Lost Experience? It was over by this point in the series, and it did shed some light on the numbers and the Hanso Foundation.

I wonder if any of the playable parts are still out there?

#555930 05/28/12 08:47 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I can remember exactly where I was when Season 3 Ep 6 aired, and having to wait until before I went out Friday night to watch it (after Eryk told me I could watch the latest eps on ABC.com). I was so blown away by possibly the best Jack sequence EVER in the show. But that's enough of a tease.

Blacula is right about the finale eps of season 3. Just staggering in their greatness. That Sawyer / Locke sequence! You know the one I mean!!!

#555931 05/29/12 05:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm none... they's all daid. wink </span></span>

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#555932 05/29/12 06:05 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Ric...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lash is watching this for the first time, with no knowledge of where t all leads...that is a major spoiler.</span></span>

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#555933 05/29/12 06:26 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Also, <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a really misleading spoiler!</span></span>

#555934 05/29/12 10:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No response to my PM from Kid Chaos yet, and I'm ready to get going again, so s3 e2 is GO!

*gasp!* Shame on Sun-tot, lying like that!!

Colleen is a new face/name.

g--AAAAAAA---aaaaa----AAAAAAAAAAA---aaasp! Sun *DID* bump uglies with hotel heir bald dude!! Well, well, well--! One can hardly blame her for falling into his charming (and, added a few moments later: well-chiseled) clutches, but this certainly puts a new spin on Sun. Why is this episode putting dirt on her character? She must be going to do something pretty shocking before it ends...!

Sawyer's "How dare you?" ... *giggle*

The "rock gardening" is already on my nerves. What is the effin' point of THIS? And slave-driver/Colleen-kisser guy is annoying as heck although it is amusing me whenever Sawyer calls him "boss"...

SPOTTED: a super-dreamy no-name member of The Others chatting up whaterface from last episode!! Why he could have been lifted from excellently-coiffed dreams!!

LOVED Sawyer fighting back! I would tell all of those assholes to go break thier own effin' rocks, I don't care how much you frickin' shock me and you can only kill me once.

Shitsnacks! I *knew* they'd get to the boat first!!

DUH!! You shoulda watched the boat, Sayid! Rookie mistake! Meanwhile Sun shoots Colleen, Good. I'm tired of our peeps being the ones getting killed.

Sun escapes (thank all that's sacred... I'm kinda worn out on kidnapping bullcrap)... and we lose yet another boat.

Benjamin Linus... has lived on the island ALL his life? WOW. I'm guessing that is 40 years at the least (which co-incides with 70s). Hmm.

lol I am TOTALLY charmed by Jack becoming completely mesmerized by the Red Sox game... rising and walking over TO it and staring--! That may be the sexiest non-intentionally sexy thing I have ever seen!

I dunno though... I still don't really trust Ben.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555935 05/29/12 11:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And since you all have me curious about episode 3:

*rolls eyes at Locke's mute game of charades* And if I was Charlie I wouldn't be going NEAR Locke after the beating he gave Charlie.

And FINALLY Charlie calls him out for that crap!! Of course, as sweet as our little Charlie is, I am sure he will help Locke.

Don't think I missed that "guest starring Ian Somerhalder" on the screen because I did NOT! smile

What's Locke doing picking up hustler-looking hitchhikers? That can only lead to having your glove box rifled through...

AND what is the deal with the homemade drugs? WTF?

BOONIE!!!! Holy crap, he looks pretty!!

WHOA-- the airport trip scene was suitably freaky!

Umm, did Locke really have to do all that to figure out he might need to go check on the condition of Eko, post-hatch-catastrophe??

Oh Lordy!! John's fallen in with some kinda free-love hippie commune cult!!! At least we know he escapes it at some point! wink

Yeesh! So much for spending anymore time in the hatch, that place is real gone, man!

Whoa-- Hurley almost ate knife!!

ASIDE: Don't polar bears, like, need COLD weather to survive? Isn't that why they ARE polar bears?? I guess this is a case of polar bear progeny adapting to the enviromment or something... I hope it is explained adequately at some point.

My WORD-- they kinda pushed what they could get away with in showing nekkid Des chatting up Hugo, didn't they? Goodness.

Way to ruin everything for the pot commune, John! lol

Shades of THE DESCENT! Polar Bear's cave looks a lot like a scene from my favorite scary movie of the 2000s! Bear's eaten a LOT of humans from the looks of it.

Paulo and Nikki! Nice to meet you at last. *rolls eyes*

So now they want to play up some metaphysical "THING" with Desmond and Hugo having deja vu.

I'm also curious where the flashbacks lead next for John, this episode's flashback tale was compelling.

re: the ISLAND... I don't really know what to make of anything anymore. Can someone PLEASE confirm for me that all of this is explained satisfyingly in the end? No spoilers necessary, I just want to be sure I'm not being set up for a massive unexplained letdown. I like things to be wrapped up tidily.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555936 05/30/12 03:08 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
... ummmm... wink

---

It probably depends on your definition of "satisfyingly". And "tidily".

Does every question get answered? No.
Do a lot of them? Yes.

I think to say much more would give away... maybe not plot spoilers but experiencing-the-show spoilers.

FWIW, I found it best to engage with this show more on a character level than a plot/island-mystery level. Not that I didn't love the plot/island-mystery too.

#555937 05/30/12 04:43 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I'd say that's there's a kind of general explanation for what's going on, though how every little bit of the mystery fits into it is definitely left open to interpretation.

Here's two more Nicki/Paulo scenes which were inexplicably deleted from the ep. (careful you don't read comments!):

Nicki/Paulo Introduction
Nicki talks to Claire

#555938 05/30/12 05:02 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Re: the Polar Bears, I think you're supposed to infer that their survival on a tropical island is the result of Dharma experiments.

#555939 05/30/12 09:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't think any inference is necessary re: the Polar Bears.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Their origin is explicitly explained in that special post-series finale mini-episode - The New Man in Charge. One of the disappointing things about that episode actually. Why did the writers waste time explaining stuff that any intelligent LOST fan would have already figured out when there were so many other bigger mysteries still unsolved? </span></span>

Edit - Oh you mean how they actually survive in the tropical climate?

Hmmm, I don't think Polar Bears specifically need cold weather to survive. They just prefer it. In fact there's a Polar Bear in a zoo in Mexico that's in the news at the moment because some activists want to free it. It looks about as bedraggled and unhappy as the island's Polar Bears do but it's still alive after 20 years in the Mexican climate.

#555940 05/30/12 09:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I can handle self-interpretation of lots of the mysteries as long as there is indeed a general explanation for what the heck is going on, in the end. I will check out the clips (sans comments) and probably watch episode 4 when I return from an annoying errand.

If I was a polar bear in Mexico, I'd be pretty freakin' unhappy too I suppose!

#555941 05/30/12 09:58 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I've seen contradictory stuff on how long polar bears can survive in a tropical climate. Still, if an explanation is needed, Dharma experiments work for me.

#555942 06/02/12 04:35 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Blacula is right about the finale eps of season 3. Just staggering in their greatness. That Sawyer / Locke sequence! You know the one I mean!!!
So I've totes been watching a bunch of season 3 over the past couple of days and, despite a couple of weaker episodes early on, it is totally on fire in the second half of the season!

And, yeah, that whole Locke/Sawyer ep... some of the most powerful stuff ever on the show.

#555943 06/02/12 09:42 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b]

So I've totes been watching a bunch of season 3 over the past couple of days and, despite a couple of weaker episodes early on, it is totally on fire in the second half of the season!

And, yeah, that whole Locke/Sawyer ep... some of the most powerful stuff ever on the show.[/b]
Is that the stuff with...<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Anthony Cooper</span></span>? Seems like that came later to this ol' memory.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#555944 06/02/12 10:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
oooh! I'll get back into this soon!!

#555945 06/02/12 10:40 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
oooh! I'll get back into this soon!!
Hurry UP, man! We wantcha to get to the GOOD stuff in S3, ASAP! nod

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#555946 06/20/12 07:05 PM
in hiding
in hiding
Time to get this thread back on the front page!

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#555947 06/20/12 07:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry about the delay... I had hoped to hear back from Kid Chaos and I've been experimenting with some different shows (TEEN WOLF has been a lot of fun) and revisiting old favorites (30 ROCK ages exceptionally well) and of course I'm tits-deep in current runs for DALLAS and TRUE BLOOD. Plus I've been doodling more.

I promise I haven't given up on LOST reviews!!

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
thoth lad
thoth lad
Touring Bgtzl and Bgztl with Mxyztplk and Mxyzptlk
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star