Roll Call
1 members (stile86), 34 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: Which Lost character are you?
#555652 04/25/12 05:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yes! I LOVE experiencing the joy of watching LOST for the first time again vicariously through others! This thread is going to be great!

And I knew you would like this show Lash. Just make sure you stay spoiler-free - especially as the seasons go on.

#555653 04/25/12 06:04 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Yay! It's so awesome to read about someone experiencing Lost for the first time!

There are certainly moment it stumbles over the course of six seasons, but I can't think of any other recent show (at least on network Tv) that produces as many moments of total awesomeness!

#555654 04/25/12 11:11 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I lost interest in Star Trek: TNG early in season 2, but LOST appears to be a show that pulls you in and won't let go.

I slept with the phone by my bed and got no calls so it looks like I am free to view more LOST today!

After some thoughts on the subject, my early theory re: the island is that it is a purgatory of some sort-- and our castaways are being held there to help determine their final destinations. I'm basing this mainly on Mr. Locke-- his ability to walk on the island, and his reference to 'light and dark'... perhaps our castaways were too "in the middle" and need additional time/experiences to determine wether they are actually good or bad people?

What's poking holes in my theory is the presence of a young child on the island (it is doubtful Walt could be more 'dark' than 'light' in soul at such a young age) and the fact that some of the castaways met such quick ends (i.e., 'Guy sucked into air intake' and 'Pulled into ocean by riptide lass')

Anyway, on to episode 7!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555655 04/25/12 12:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

It's very cool to see someone encounter the show for the first time, though you are causing me and I'm sure most of the others to bite through our proverbial tongues with some of your theories and observations. wink

#555656 04/25/12 12:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
E7:

Oh dear-- it looks like Charlie and Locke's relationship might be a bit more twisted than I thought... I really hope Charlie doesn't do anything too nutso... even the most hardcore junkie MUST realize, once he's crashed on a deserted island, that the drugs are about to run dry... and Charlie never seemed TOo too hardcore, he seemed pretty functionable... (well, except for that outburst right before the plane went down). Hmm-- maybe I am thinking too highly of Charlie...

Looks like the caves are NOT so ideal-- oh NO! they wouldn't do away with Jack this early in the series would they?? I can totally understand Charlie's upset-- hearing "I don't need you right now" from foxy Jack would hurt my feeling too smile

Shades of THE DESCENT! *adds caves to list of phobias* "I'm here to rescue you!" laugh I think I have a crush on sweet little Charlie, despite the darker turn his life had taken pre-crash. All the broken little things I want to put back together...

Sayid! Somebody konked out Sayid! And I was sure Shannon would forget to fire her rocket...

Very powerful episode. I absolutely love Mr. Locke.

If my 'purgatory' theory is right, Charlie's time on the island may be coming to a close now that his 'light' has overcome his 'dark'.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555657 04/25/12 12:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

It's very cool to see someone encounter the show for the first time, though you are causing me and I'm sure most of the others to bite through our proverbial tongues with some of your theories and observations. wink
I probably will do so in the future some cold, rainy day, Dave.

Yes-- I am kinda regretting not being able to discuss this show as it was happening! I am very much looking forward to being able to go back and READ all the LOST threads at long last!

#555658 04/25/12 12:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
SIDE NOTE: After first experiencing Ian S. as the sneering, sexy, deadly force of nature he is in The Vampire Diaries, it's weird to see him as such a "little boy" in LOST! His and Shannon's relationship is more on the level of little kids than adults so far, certainly.

[Linked Image]

#555659 04/25/12 02:07 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:

Yes-- I am kinda regretting not being able to discuss this show as it was happening! I am very much looking forward to being able to go back and READ all the LOST threads at long last!
There's a lot to be said for the communal experience of spending 5+ years speculating with fellow posters on the internet speculating about aliens, dinosaurs, nanobot clouds, and alternate timelines!

#555660 04/25/12 04:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Jeepers!! It appears I have LOTS to look forward to! wink I am also looking forward to finding out what you all thought of the various characters!

And NOW-- Episode 8!

GASP!! Sawyer how dare you de-pretty Ian S.'s (Boone, I think is his name) face!

Hmm. I may be changing my 'like' view on Sawyer-- it is beyond insane that he can just be allowed to take whatever he wants out of other survivors' luggage and claim it 'finders keepers' style. If he had something out of MY luggage I'd be going at him repeatedly until I took him down or he took ME out...

Yeah... I'm convinced Sawyer needs a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking.

It is really pissing me off watching Shannon gasp for air while Sawyer walks by with STOLEN MEDICINE. Why don't Boone, Jack, and a couple others go KICK HIS ASS and take what is rightfuly THEIRS anyway? Being stranded on an island is NOT the time and place to turn yourself into a little dictator--- Oh good, Jack punched him a couple times. I feel better.

Do I feel bad about Sawyer's torture scene? Absolutely NOT. Scumbag deserved it. Can't wait to see what the rest of you thought, though...

OH... so he never had it anyway. Seems like the jerk could've SAID something to that effing effect previously.

Meanwhile, I am really ready for Sun to tell off her hypercrazy husband and am TOTES into her being 'natural plant remedies' chick!!

*GLARE* Well... I can see this show is going to be an emotional roller coaster. Well played, LOST, turning my anger at Sawyer into pity. I think I will leave him over in the dislike column for the nonce anyway, he can keep 75% of Hurley and 100% of Korean husband company there.

And Sayid leaves, to map the island-- definitely something that needs to be done. I wonder what he'll find?

#555661 04/25/12 05:05 PM
strange but not a stranger
Loving the Lash recaps!

Charlie was a favorite of mine too. Hurley gets more development later on. I totes predict Sawyer and Jin (Korean husband guy) end up in your like column before the end of season six.

Don't know if you noticed, but the pilot (in the pilot) who got eaten is the telepath in Heroes (not sure if you watched Heroes)

Also, Jack was supposed to die in the pilot episodes.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#555662 04/25/12 05:08 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
It's funny, because as with any show, your view of characters will change over time.

It's going to be fun watching someone experience this for the first time.

btw...you totes need to trudge through season 2 of TNG. It really starts to pick up with season 3.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#555663 04/25/12 05:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:

Don't know if you noticed, but the pilot (in the pilot) who got eaten is the telepath in Heroes (not sure if you watched Heroes)

Also, Jack was supposed to die in the pilot episodes.
I *THOUGHT* that was him, and totally expected him to be a major player... well I had that wrong!

LOST without Jack??? Kinda hard to imagine isn't it?

And now- on to Episode 9!

#555664 04/25/12 05:39 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Yeah, originally it was Jack who was supposed to end up monster-eaten in the tree and then Kate would emerge as the unlikely leader of the group.

One of the beautiful things about the show is the way it plays with your perceptions of who you're supposed to consider a villain or a hero, and Sawyer's one of the best examples of this early on. He may be my favorite character of the original cast, just because he's so beautifully complex.

#555665 04/25/12 06:29 PM
Also the actress wo played Sun originally auditioned for the role of Kate. But when they found out she could speak Korean, they created Sun & Jin. If I'm not mistaken, the actor who played Jin didn't speak Korean.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#555666 04/25/12 06:36 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Similar stories are true of several of the characters. I believe Hurley was created because they were impressed by Jorge Garcia, who'd auditioned for Sawyer (who was originally supposed to be from New York). Charlie was pretty significantly changed to allow Dominic Monaghan to play him as well (he was originally supposed to be more of an aging rockstar).

#555667 04/25/12 06:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
E9:

Riveting. Sayid's story was sad. Danielle's presence pokes a fairly sizable hole in my 'purgatory' theory, but I am glad the question of who sent the distress call was answered. Apparently the thing that killed the people she knew was an illness? Madness, maybe, and she had to dispose of them?

Danielle clearly states there's no such thing as monsters, but if we're LUCKY, it's a BEAR? This infers there's scarier things than the bears there... Now we know Mr. Locke stared "the island in the eye"-- and found it beautiful awhile back. And whatever THAT thing he was looking at was mighty big.

At first I was confused as to why anyone would object to Hurley's making a golf course, but then it dawned on me that to begin to enjoy the island would mean they are beginning to accept their fate, and they probably needed a minute to process that. JUST a minute, as it turned out, which I thought worked really well. It was time for some fun.

I continue to be fascinated by Mr. Locke and his every movement, line and expression. I am convinced he is the true "big player" here somehow.

A brief break, then episode 10!

#555668 04/25/12 08:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
E10:

Focus on Claire, whose baby I am watching very closely... that purgatory theory, you know.

Of course the MAJOR revelations come at the end: Sayid says they aren't alone here... Well, a-DUH. The extra person who isn't on the manifest has me VERY VERY creeped out though!

Apparently it's this Ethan character who may be the Alex Danielle is looking for. Or not. smile I suppose I'll watch episode 11 and find out!

#555669 04/25/12 08:41 PM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
hee hee

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#555670 04/25/12 09:09 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wow... this is so awesome that somebody again gets the joy of going into Lost cold.

You're in for a great ride, Lash! Enjoy it! (As I get to enjoy your recaps. nod )

#555671 04/25/12 09:38 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
So cool to see ya getting into Lost, Lashie!

Without spoiling anything, I find many of your observations more insightful than any I made during those earliest episodes. It's a very challenging show, but that's one of the reasons I love it. That, and the unforgettable characters and their stories!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#555672 04/25/12 09:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
E11:

When Mr. Locke tells you to shhhh, you dang well better shhhh! *chills*

Oh gosh!!! Michael's jealousy of Mr. Locke is making me nervous...

Jack and Mr. Locke clashing is making me nervous...

Charlie and Claire's disappearance is making me nervous...

Oh BOONE! It's a good thing you're so pretty else I would never ever forgive you for not knowing Spock's name! "Pointy eared guy", indeed.

Hmm. Jack is kinda getting on my nerves this episode. *sigh* But then his Dad made him cry in flashback, so now I feel guilty about that. Stop this emotional roller coaster, LOST!

Good Lord! What does freak-face want with Charlie and Claire-- and who knew he could kick so much ass?

CHARLIEEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOoooOO!

Wait, WHAT! NO! I mean, the GOOD kind of NO...

Hmm. Island has a manhole cover? That's not normal.

#555673 04/25/12 10:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ex, Lardy, Dev-- I can't imagine the torture it must have been having to wait the week between episodes, so in a way I'm kinda glad I waited... one benefit of Netflix and days when I have a lot of time on my hands.

I bet the wait after season finales was hideous! I can't imagine what kind of season finales this show will have...

On to E12!

#555674 04/25/12 10:10 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
I can't imagine what kind of season finales this show will have...
LEGENDARY ones, Lash! nod I think the S3 finale was the biggest jaw-dropper, personally. I've a feeling it'll grab you, as well....

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#555675 04/25/12 10:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
E12:

*blank stare* NO mention of the island manhole cover? Annoying.

Other things that are bothering me:

The general lack of concern over, well, y'know, THAT GIANT MONSTER THAT ATE THE PILOT? And WHATEVER those THINGS WERE that were knocking over trees in the jungle everyone saw from the beach? Oh yeah, and-- THE SERIAL KILLER LOOSE ON THE ISLAND trussing up Charlie like a scene from FRIDAY THE 13th: JASON'S ISLAND ADVENTURE? HELLO.

One of my other annoyances was somewhat allieviated this episode, as we finally saw the group all gathered together at the end, after moving camp inland. It was really bothering me that the group seems so segregated and broken into little small groups. These guys should all know each others' names by now.

Charlie's breakdown and Rose's prayer had your sentimental buddy MLLASH fighting off tears.

And Shannon has a lovely singing voice smile

I'll go one more tonight and then-- we'll see, maybe another one laugh

#555676 04/26/12 12:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
E13:

***GLARES AT MR. LOCKE*** He's hurt my Boone! I'm not going to get upset because just as sure as I do, LOST will turn the tables on me and make me feel bad for getting upset with him. Besides, I still trust Mr. Locke... so let's continue watching...

Hmm. First the now-working legs, then the saving Charlie, now the attempted save of whatever's bothering Boone-- surely by this episode, people were realizing that Locke is THE key figure in all of this? Or is it all a red herring and he's just really reaLLLLLLLy blessed and perceptive?

J'adore Sun's garden!!! I think I love Sun smile

Great. More invisible giant monster. *rolls eyes*

So-- Shannon was a grifter of sorts?

HOLY SHITSNACKS! Well, she was a grifter and now she's gristle-- in giant invisible monster's teeth!

Or not. *glare* Well that was trippy.

NEWEST THEORY: Locke-- or more likely whatever has INHABITED Locke's body-- is a celestial agent of some sort, and is making it his mission to steer as many of these Purgatory residents over to the LIGHT and away from the DARK as he can!

How an innocent child, a dog, an obviously already religious woman named Rose, a crazy French woman and a serial killer work into the purgatory theory is something I haven't worked out yet...

Don't tell me how horribly, horribly wrong or right I am please smile

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SharkLad
SharkLad
The waters off eastern Long Island
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star