Roll Call
0 members (), 88 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:41 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
"Birds of Prey" TV series ....
#556435 08/06/03 06:12 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i've been able to watch quite a few episode of this recently !!!

i discovered it by chance on a station, i don't usually watch !!!

and although, most of the episodes have had a similar storyline !!! i have enjoyed some of them .... i like BARBARA and HELENA, although i think DINAH is a little wet !!!

i saw a good one last week, were HARLEY QUINN has taken control of the Clock Tower and HELENA !!!

Barbara [ with a device that can make her walk ] and Dinah !!! crash through the windows on BATROPES !!! [ with T.A.T.U "All the things she said" playing in the background ]

i've also liked the little FLASHBACKS featuring Barbara as BATGIRL and the scenes featuring BATMAN and THE JOKER !!!

so has anyone watched the whole season ???

any standout episodes ???

Matthew.

Re: "Birds of Prey" TV series ....
#556436 08/06/03 07:25 PM
Active
Active
I watched the WHOLE thing and I loved every episode. The last episode, including the big fight scene you mentioned with TATU playing was incredible (except the obvious Harley stand-in with a fake wig and people leaping from the first floor to the second). Alfred was GREAT.

There's an episode where a baby is genetically engineered and grows to adulthood quickly that is really good.

The episode with Black Canary was good except the ending. Lori Laughlin actually did a pretty decent job, but I would have preferred a little more fighting.

There was another episode that had Mulder and Scully's bald beautiful boss from the X-Files. I met him. Oh Yeah! He's HOT!!! tongue

I really just liked them all. This show had so much promise and had some serious fight scenes worthy of the big movies. I am still mad at the network for not pairing this show with Smallville or putting it in another time slot in which it could have possibly survived.

Bring Back Tellus :tellus:
#556437 08/06/03 07:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I second everything Caleb said. Caroline and I both enjoyed the series while it was on. We missed a couple of episodes and are patiently waiting for the (hopeful) DVD release.

#556438 08/06/03 07:34 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I second everything Caleb said. Caroline and I both enjoyed the series while it was on. We missed a couple of episodes and are patiently waiting for the (hopeful) DVD release.
I'm there for the DVDs. Can't wait.

#556439 08/06/03 08:13 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Ashley Scott (the hottie who played Helena) love has a role in a new movie coming out soon, SWAT-- it stars Samuel L. Jackson and the guy who did Bullseye in the DD movie... Colin something??

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#556440 08/06/03 08:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Farrell, if memory serves.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#556441 08/06/03 08:23 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Ah, that sounds about right. Merci buckets!

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#556442 08/06/03 08:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Speaking of Mr. Farrell, he just won the best movie villain award on the Teen Choice awards for his Bullseye.

#556443 08/06/03 09:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Birds of Prey was a show that never got the chance to find itself, unfortunately.

I REALLY loved Dina Meyer's Oracle. She was the high point of the show for me, episode after episode. Huntress/Helena was also done very well, I thought. She was really beginning to get into the character by the end of the season, and it's a shame she will never get to add more layers onto her portrayal. Dinah... well, she was weak, no doubt about that. However, part of that was because the character was written that way. Weak, still finding her powers and place. I'm SO glad that they decided to make her the DAUGHTER of Black Canary (my FAVE episode, BTW) and not try to meld the Dinah Lance from the comics into this new teenybopper form.

Scott, Lee and I watched this show religiously together too. It was great fun to share with a partner who isn't into comics quite as much as I. That was what was cool about the show... it was really VERY accessible. It's a shame it died before its time. It wasn't perfect, and it wasn't even up there with greater series like Smallville, ST:TNG, or X-files... but it was getting better with each episode.

The only thing I TOTALLY didn't like about the show was that Malcolm from Young and the Restless was playing the police detective. I didn't like his portrayal.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#556444 08/06/03 09:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Kid Prime:

The only thing I TOTALLY didn't like about the show was that Malcolm from Young and the Restless was playing the police detective. I didn't like his portrayal.
I just got sick of the extended mating dance between his character and the Huntress really quick. It was a major stumbling block for me.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#556445 08/06/03 10:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Caroline was really great about wanting to watch this and Smallville too. I think she liked BOP more than me. Plus she always put up with me explaining the characters and still accepts me being excited about Morgan Edge and Perry White showing up on Smallville this year.

Another thing I loved about this show was the music. And the theme song fits me so perfectly. I have it in my MP3 playlist.

#556446 08/07/03 07:38 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
thanks for all the replies !!!

sounds like everyone enjoyed what they saw !!!

and it does seem like a shame, the network didn't give it time to grow !!!

i'm gonna have to track down an episode guide to see how many i missed before knowing it was being shown !!!

i wish i'd got to see the pilot episode ....

Matthew.

#556447 08/07/03 09:12 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Matthew, the best source for Birds of Prey (TV) info is The Clocktower . Here\'s a direct link to their episode guide.

#556448 08/07/03 09:53 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I never thought it was such a bad show, but it seemed like the WB wasn't really behind it. I think they cancelled it just before TV Guide was going to do a cover story on it, if I remember.

I hope if we ever see the Jack Knight Starman series make it on air that it gets more support.

#556449 08/07/03 11:10 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Matthew, the best source for Birds of Prey (TV) info is The Clocktower . Here\'s a direct link to their episode guide.
thanks SCOTT !!!

you're always there with the info smile maybe we should call you Oracle !!!

Matthew.

#556450 08/07/03 06:12 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i've just checked out the EPISODE guide [ and i take it from that, there were only 13 episodes in total !! ]

and the one i mentioned about HARLEY QUINN taking control of the Clocktower was the LAST one !!!

which i saw last week .... and as there was one on this week [ which i missed on Tuesday, but it should be repeated tomorrow ?? ]

it's makes me think, they must be re-running it again ???

i hope so !!! that would make this weeks one the first episode ....

Matthew.

#556451 08/07/03 09:54 PM
Active
Active
There was one thing about the last episode that I REALLY REALLY HATED. Since you've already seen it then it shouldn't be a spoiler but just in case...
Killing Barbara's boyfriend PISSED me off. I understand the reasoning to send Barbara over the edge and have Huntress save her, but still... he is one of the most gorgeous guys EVER!!!! and he's dead.... *sob* frown

#556452 08/08/03 05:28 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i've just checked out the EPISODE guide [ and i take it from that, there were only 13 episodes in total !! ]

and the one i mentioned about HARLEY QUINN taking control of the Clocktower was the LAST one !!!

which i saw last week .... and as there was one on this week [ which i missed on Tuesday, but it should be repeated tomorrow ?? ]

it's makes me think, they must be re-running it again ???

i hope so !!! that would make this weeks one the first episode ....

Matthew.
well i was right !!! the episode that was shown this evening, was indeed the pilot smile

it was good to see the introduction of the characters !!! and some daylight !!! i think in all the other episodes i've seen, it's always dark !!!

i noticed that HELENA had a special EYE effect when she used her powers .... i don't i noticed the in any later episodes and her costume was quite different !!!

Matthew.

#556453 08/08/03 11:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I tried watching the show, but I think I was watching "The West Wing" and maybe taping something else or something. Either way, the episodes I did see didn't really thrill me all that much.

"Smallville", which I didn't think I'd care about has become one of my favorite shows though. It boils down to the writing (cast chemistry definitely helps too).

#556454 08/10/03 11:16 PM
Active
Active
Helena doesn't really wear a costume so much. I think she described it as wearing clothes that she could go clubbing in.

I DID like Smallville. It got a little too Dawson-Ville for me. Too angsty and soap-oper-y. Especially how Clark, Lana and Chloe interract with each other. I checked out the season finale and it made me so angry that I doubt I will watch it ever again, even though some of the cliff-hangers need to be answered.

Truth is, I like watching Girls KICK ASS!!! Buffy was my favorite TV show. I loved Charlie's Angels 1 and 2 -even if the cheese factor is high. So Birds of Prey would have had to be pretty horrible for me to not like it, but I did like the characters and I am very sad that the show wasn't given a real chance.

#556455 08/11/03 12:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I guess "BoP" didn't really catch for me because I didn't see anything original in terms of the superheroing and I couldn't help but think they were trying to be like Buffy in terms of the dialogue but it wasn't as sharp and funny. I also didn't get to see many eps so maybe I missed out but I wasn't too captivated by the characters' personal storyarcs either (what there was of it).

#556456 08/21/03 05:03 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
okay !!! as the last couple of posts got erased !!!

here's a little recap ....

i saw the pilot episode the other week, followed by the second one called "Slick" featuring a villain who could turn into water !!!

i liked this episode and i enjoyed the part with Barbara and Helena talking in the street about BATMAN's other partners !!!

Barbara mentions .... Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake !!!

and i've now seen this weeks [ 3rd episode ] "Prey for the Hunter" featuring a rouge cop, who also Meta-Human [ but he's killing off other Meta's !!! ]

i like the scenes between Barbara and Helena the most !!! especially their rooftop scenes, standing in front of the clockface !!!

Matthew.

#556457 08/21/03 05:08 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
here's a question about the season FINALE episode !!!

CALEB you may be able to answer it ??? as you said you watched them all !!!

i saw the final one "Devil's Eyes" a while back now, the show that aired here only ran for about 45 minutes !!!

but after going on Birds of Prey Online there was a trailer for this episode featured, in the ad, it said the run time was 2 hours !!!

did the one you see, run for that long ???

because the one i saw must of had some major scenes, cut out !!!

Matthew.

#556458 08/21/03 09:55 PM
Active
Active
Actually, episode 12 and 13 aired on the same night.
#12 was Clayface and his son -that's where Harley actually discovers Helena's secret ID. wasn't the actor who played Clayface's son just a dream?
#13 was the finale where they had the big showdown at the clocktower.

It seemed as if they just wanted to get the show out of the way so they could get on with stuff they cared about. After many of the fight scenes throughout the series, there were aspects of that last battle in the clocktower that were COMPLETELY OFF to me. Especially Harley's fight/stunt double. I still loved it, especially because they picked great music to play during the fight, but it wasn't the best fight scene they've had on the show. Still, I do appreciate that they tied up pretty much all of the loose ends.

This show had a HOT cast and extras from beginning to end.

Did you see the Black Canary episode yet? I really liked how they visualized her canary cry and Lori Laughlin was great.

#556459 08/22/03 04:55 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
thanks for the reply Caleb !!

i haven't seen the CLAYFACE or BLACK CANARY episodes, yet !!

i missed quite alot of them [ before i realised the series was being shown, it's a channel i don't usually watch !! ]

so i wasn't sure where i was up to ... but after realising they were starting the series over again, i've seen the first 3 now, and i know what day/time it's on !!!

so i won't miss any of them now smile !!!

sorry to ask again !! but you didn't mention how long the final episode ran ?? was it 2 hours ??

the one shown here was ONLY around 45 minutes [ after the adverts !! ]

Matthew.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,991
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Pulsar
Pulsar
Arizona
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star