Roll Call
1 members (stile86), 61 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/14/24 09:18 PM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by Pov - 05/14/24 09:11 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 08:53 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/14/24 08:52 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 05/14/24 08:49 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:44 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 05/14/24 08:43 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 05/14/24 08:42 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I've got scars....that jingle jangle jingle....
#561757 04/06/10 03:19 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I've got the usual assortment of childhood markings...toes with scars from bike spokes, cuts, nicks bruises....

I've also got a flap of skin on the inside of my mouth and a scar on my tongue where I jumped off a seesaw and it came up and smashed me in the mouth.

I've got train tracks on my ankle where a pin held it together.

I've got a four inch scar thats two inched wide and has barely healed over "skin" over the hole that was two inches deep when it was made.

I've got a nearly invisible scar on my elbow that was made when I got into an accidental game of chicken on a bike vs. a big wheel when I was twelve. I went over the handlebars, broke my wrist, jammed my elbow, and broke my collar bone.

Broke a front tooth out at 13 catching a brick (don't ask).

An inch long scar from a weedeater on my calf.

An inch long scar on my scalp from where I came up under a wooden bridge and peeled it back some (didn't tell mom about that one, wasn't supposed to be at that bridge swimming).

Most of the meat under the skin on top of my right foot was cut out, and I have this long scar that looks like pink plastic where the incision healed.

Two inch scar from an emergency appendectomy (it was eight inches long and looked like a white banana from what the doctor said.)

C'mon, give us your gruesomes...

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Re: I've got scars....that jingle jangle jingle....
#561758 04/06/10 05:08 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lol, I got plenty too...

Right pinky got cut with an axe when I was a kid.
Right thumb got chopped by a knife when i worked in restaurants.
Right wrist got two scars, one from a girl stabbing me with a pencil in grade 5 and the other from an overly enthusiastic kitten
Left Index finger got caught on an exposed nail.
Many scars on the knuckles of both hands from fighting when younger.
Left pectoral has an 6 inch scar from a sculpting accident.
Appendix scar
Both knees are a mass of scars from falling when jumping ramps as a kid
Also got one on my right calf from getting impaled during said ramp jumping adventures.
Scar on my chin from diving in shallow water.
Several long (1 to 1 and 1/2 foot) scars on my back from "Hardcore" matchs I fought when I worked as a wrestler.

#561759 04/06/10 06:54 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Nice.

Something pithy!
#561760 04/06/10 07:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I know what song you really mean. But seriously, you've got this song going around in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eha7OpIc_FI&feature=related

Scars:

I have an awesome scar right over my left jugular vein where a German Shepard got hold of me when I was eleven. Mom passed out when she saw the bite. Then she threw up while they were putting the stitches in.

Outside leg right below the left knee - major indention from hitting myself with a stick and gouging out a major amount of flesh - around eight years old.

Inside right calf - very cool oval shaped scar from a burn I got off a motorcycle muffler when I was about fourteen.

Top of my head - you can only see it when my head is shaved, a little gash from a fish bowl breaking over my head when I was five. Mom saved the goldfish. She's my hero for that one.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#561761 04/06/10 08:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Outside of the multitude of small ones I have all over from various cuts, I have two onn my face from a dog biting me when I was a baby.

Remnants of one on my left elbow from a 10 speed accident.

One on the back of my left hand where I took a chunk out while moving furniture into a trunk.

A dark one on my right forearm that I do not remember the origins of.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#561762 04/06/10 08:39 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oldest to newest:

- Chicken pox scar on my hip (age 11)

- Broke my nose, leaving a scar on the bridge, doing a flip over a couch and taking a face plant (age 12)

- Burn scars on either forearm carrying a very large pot of spaghetti in an awkward position (age 19)

- Took a slice out of my calf getting caught on concertina wire during an army training mission (age 26)

- Wicked, wicked scar after I almost sliced my thumb off when a jagged piece of metal from a falling bilco door caught my hand (age 35)

I just get worse and worse as life goes on.

#561763 04/06/10 09:45 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Chickenpox 'crater' on my forehead, where I picked at something my mom told me to leave alone. She's got one in the same place, so I guess she learned that the hard way, too. smile

Chunk missing from front tooth, after taking a dive off my bike. Bottom of a hill, gravel, attempted to turn, results pretty much what you'd expect...

Small scar on my hand from where a line cook jokingly flung a shish-ka-bob skewer at me, leaving it sticking out of my hand. Got free sandwiches from her to take home for the next year, so that was the best thing that could have happened to a starving college student working as a dishwasher to make ends meet!

Nasty scar on back of index finger where I cut my finger to the bone playing with a knife. Healed badly because I wrapped it up and hid it from my mom for the next month, instead of getting it treated. (42 years old, still haven't had a stitch or suture!)

Lots of scar tissue on the back of my heel, where a cast I wore over a broken leg for four months rubbed against the skin.

While I've got a bump under the skin, I never got that scar that everyone else seems to have gotten from their smallpox / measles vaccination. It's weird, all my friends have noticeable scars there... During a medical exam for a government job, the doctor was very concerned that I hadn't gotten my childhood vaccinations until I showed him where the 'bump' was.

Smallish blue-green discoloration on my chin, hidden by my beard, where corroded metal got left behind from the pellet they extracted (with a magnet!) when a friend shot me with a pellet gun.

And that's it for external scars. I've probably got a few inside (like the hole in my heart, which sounds like the title of a country song), but nobody but my coroner is gonna get to see them!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#561764 04/06/10 09:46 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Exnihil:
- Burn scars on either forearm carrying a very large pot of spaghetti in an awkward position (age 19)
You were pretending you were David Carridine, again, weren't you?

#561765 04/06/10 09:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
This is a very cool thread. Great stories. Keep them coming, people. I want to hear from some of the ladies.

#561766 05/19/10 09:04 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I agree with Jerry, lets hear from the ladies. C'mon, gals, we know there's some daredamsels out there.

Something pithy!
#561767 05/21/10 06:37 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I agree with Jerry, lets hear from the ladies. C'mon, gals, we know there's some daredamsels out there.
Scar on my head from losing my balance when I was learning to walk and hitting the floor head-first.

Tiny scar on my nose from having a birthmark removed (by a professional, of course.)

Permanent little swelling in my upper lip from falling down face-first in the schoolyard and needing stitches.

Permanent little swelling in my lower lip from tripping and skidding while I was running in high school and scraping my lower lip against the ground.

Scar on my right hand from accidentally cutting myself with an X-Acto knife in art school.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#561768 05/22/10 12:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Excellent. You must have some amazing lips, Fanfic Lass. All those celebrities are paying big bucks to get what you accomplished by taking a couple of face dives.

Oh yeah. When trying to untangle the jingle from the jangle it's easy if you listen with your heart.

#561769 05/22/10 03:43 PM
Jerry, LOL. I can just picture some dumb celebrity wannabe reading this and then deliberately taking a spill.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#561770 06/01/10 12:03 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Don't give them ideas, FL. My wife told me its become the "smart thing" for pregnant stars to induce labor in the eighth month to prevent stretchmarks. I think that kind of stupidity is grounds for legalized thinning of the herd. Someone following your lead deliberately...grounds for napalming them.

Something pithy!
#561771 06/01/10 12:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
i have a Harry Potter lightning scar between my eyes. and the story about it was quite vague. haha. i think my mom made something up about a speaker falling on my head when i was a baby when a truck drove by. but i think she honestly dosn't remember, she said i had stitches but i dont think id have this much of a scar with stitches ...

i have a scar on my upper inner arm from pushing my stepfather's race car into the garage. (and now that i think of it we were broke, why did he have to have a race car???) the wing on top of the roof rammed into my arm.

related i have a scar on the back of my calf from when we were welding on the car and i stepped back into something we had just welded. i should hate that car.

i have a scar from a burn across my thigh from an iron when i was little. it's gone away a lot.

a tiny scar on my upper lip from shaving.

i'm actually really surprised i've never gotten any from being a drunken mess. especially since i fall all the time.

#561772 08/05/11 07:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
aaaaaaannnnnnddddddd now I can add a six inch long scar on my left knee to my collection.

Something pithy!
#561773 08/06/11 06:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
aaaaaaannnnnnddddddd now I can add a six inch long scar on my left knee to my collection.
Damn!
frown

#561774 08/07/11 08:45 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
How's the recovery going, Rick?

#561775 08/08/11 12:28 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm in PT now, but at least I've grown a little since i turned 21 and didn't make the nice lady cry like I did then. I'm a lot more genial in my old age.

Though it does occur to me that I can now legitimately do "cranky bastard on front porch with a cane shouting at them damn kids to stay off my lawn."

It'll be alot better when the knee quits swelling up like a tennis ball... I hope. Still, it's never gonna be 100% again. Like Sam says, now i have two bad legs.

Something pithy!
#561776 08/08/11 10:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Be as cranky as you want, but do your PT when the swelling lets you. You have to use the muscles to keep them working. Are you walking? Able to put weight on it?

Best.

rickshaw1 #970024 04/20/19 03:59 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
And now lets hear it for a busted lip and chipped tooth cutesy of a pipe slipping off my tiedown on the truck. Thought I had been shot for a moment, knocked me addled. Spit some blook, them finished tying up and taking the trailers back to the yard. Funny thing was, the tiedown clipped me on the lower jaw first, right on the nerve cluster. So, it hurt for about a second, addled me, and then ....nothing. It's like I got a nerve block from the dentist. Felt it yesterday, and a little today. But that first day...just a headache.

The lip looks like hell, though.

*Fine, ya got me... I won't talk back to Carol anymore....

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #1015383 05/26/22 05:01 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well, now I can add old age scarring due to thin skin on my arms. Least little thing and I blood bruise like I'm ninety. And when it finally absorbs, it leaves tiny raised scars. Fuck getting old.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #1015391 05/26/22 07:15 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
Well, now I can add old age scarring due to thin skin on my arms. Least little thing and I blood bruise like I'm ninety. And when it finally absorbs, it leaves tiny raised scars. Fuck getting old.
100%

Its like its something different every day from just getting out of bed wrong....

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

rickshaw1 #1016251 06/26/22 06:36 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Had a "pressurized plastic pellet release" on my arm, looked like 200 bb's popped my forearm and they are all impact blood blisters. This gettin old excrement sucks.

Something pithy!
rickshaw1 #1016254 06/27/22 01:28 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Ooh, I also have a new scar to add to the collection!

Small semi-circular scar on the back of my noggin (hidden by my hair) from a brain surgery a few years back. I had shaved my head for the surgery and looked all Telly Savales (showing my age, I guess I should have gone with Patrick Stewart?), but have grown it back and the scar is as cunningly concealed as Batman's nose.

Hope everyone else is powering through the various indignities our bodies heap upon us as the mileage accrues!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,316
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Clovyr Crymsun Kid's Sidekick, timeless one
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tiffany Spiffany
Tiffany Spiffany
Mayavale University
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star