Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/02/24 04:32 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Casting for new "Batman" flick
#568893 09/02/03 10:30 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I got this from "Entertainment Weekly":

Looks like the revived ''Batman'' franchise is going back to the character's origins, since the actors being sought to play Bruce Wayne are on the youngish side. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. will spend the next three days screen-testing such potential Caped Crusaders as Jake Gyllenhaal (''The Good Girl''), Christian Bale (''Reign of Fire''), and Joshua Jackson (''Dawson's Creek''), as well as such not-yet-stars as Cillian Murphy (''28 Days Later''), Henry Cavill (''I Capture the Castle''), and Eion Bailey (''Band of Brothers''). Also on the audition list is Hugh Dancy, if he can get away from filming on Disney's ''King Arthur,'' where he's playing Sir Galahad -- and if he can shave off his medieval beard.
I've long thought that Wes Bentley would be a good young Bruce Wayne (note his intensity in "American Beauty")

Re: Casting for new "Batman" flick
#568894 09/02/03 11:17 AM
Active
Active
lets hope the new movie rocks like the last 3
<sarcasm off>

#568895 09/02/03 01:01 PM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
The idea of Pacey from Dawson's Creek is rather alarming, but otherwise I like this list. Impressive that they would consider these folks.

Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!
#568896 09/02/03 01:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm not really familiar with most of the list, but Christian Bale would be an interesting choice. He's got the right build, and certainly has experience playing dark and broody charactrers. I wouldn't have him play the Man of Steel, but he could probably carry off the Dark Knight.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#568897 09/02/03 01:14 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by LABRADORIAN:
lets hope the new movie rocks like the last 3
<sarcasm off>
I think one of the problems with the last three films was there really were too many people on the screen. I mean, in 2 we had the Penguin and Catwoman. In three we had Two-Face and the Riddler, plus Robin. 4 was the worst yet, with Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze and Bane. There were just too many big name characters competing for the storylines.

The original movie had the right idea: Batman + love interest + one villain. It gave everyone enough time to flesh out the characters and made for a great movie.

The new movie could handle Batman and Robin, plus one good villain. Any more than that and it just gets messy.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#568898 09/02/03 01:15 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Eh, that Jake Gyllenhaal... there's something about him that just makes me want to shake him until he stops looking like he's half asleep, or high, or whatever it is that seems to be his default acting mode. Get those heartbeats per minute up there, for crying out loud.

Pacey from Dawson's Creek? Maybe they could just go ahead and get Kevin Williamson to write it. Batman and the Joker could just sit around having long, elliptical conversations, full of pop culture references, never quite revealing themselves.

I kind of like the idea of Wes Bently though. He had the right kind of half-crazy look in his eyes throughout American Beauty.

#568899 09/02/03 01:29 PM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
To me, Gyllenhaal's sleepy demeanor is charming, althought I admit it would not be a particularly astute choice for Batman. But I think he's got more in him than just sleepy-guy-demeanor.

Bale is probably the best choice of those with whose acting style I am familiar. Eion Bailey, whom I know nothing about, looks interesting (there are pics of all candidates on Ain't It Cool News).

#568900 09/02/03 01:32 PM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
Wes Bentley is indeed an interesting idea, but, like Cillian Murphy, I think he would need to beef up for the role. I don't want no skinny Batman, y'know!!! But that helter-skelter look of his would serve Batman well.

#568901 09/03/03 06:52 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Christian Bale isn't a bad idea -- I thought he might be a good Daredevil at one point. Still, those big caps of his rattling around in his mouth kinda bug me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,077
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star