Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/18/24 10:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/18/24 10:43 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/18/24 02:47 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 05/17/24 09:00 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Favourite 'Star Trek' episodes ??
#572872 01/26/06 04:55 AM
Deputy
Deputy
can somebody list all the mirror universe episodes for me and which season of what show they appeared in please.

:polarboy:
#572873 01/26/06 05:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
"Mirror Mirror" Season 2 (Kirk era)
Through the Looking Glass Season 3 (Sisko era)
Shattered Mirror Season 4 (Sisko era)
The Emporer's New Cloak - Season 7 (Sisko era)

#572874 01/28/06 04:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Prehaps im going mad but wasnt there also a voyager episode in the mirorverse?

:polarboy:
#572875 01/28/06 05:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's been rainy all day, so I've continued on with Season 3. Am on the last 6 episodes, and things have definitely improved!

THE WAY TO EDEN was groovy what with all the space-hippies and the singing and stuff! I'd never seen it before. Good stuff! Even in the far-flung future, hippies will be a dangerous, shifty, barefoot, sexy lot!

THE CLOUD MINDERS was another I hadn't seen before, it was excellent.

Coming up is ALL OUR YESTERDAYS, which I remember to be excellent, and THE CAGE, which we all know is fantastic.

Why did Season 3 wait until the final episodes to get popping?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#572876 01/28/06 05:41 PM
Leader
Leader
Charles Napier, who played the guitar-slinging "Adam", recently turned up as a sheriff on an episode of MONK. After all the dumb rednecks he's played over the years (BLUES BROTHERS, anyone?) it was nice to see him play a "nice guy" role.

Skip Homeier, as Dr. Severin, had been the leader of the Nazis a season earlier in "PATTERNS OF FORCE". Strangely, it took me years to notice this!

Jeff Corey, the high minister in "THE CLOUD MINDERS", is somebody I've developed a lot of respect for. Seems he was blacklisted for years in the 50's & 60's, and became an acting teacher to pay the bills. Gene Roddenberry was one of the first people to give him an acting job in a long time. Later he turned up as the baddie in TRUE GRIT, alongside another ST alumni-- Kim Darby ("MIRI"). I recently found out Darby has become one of the most respected acting teachers working today!

And of course, "ALL OUR YESTERDAYS" features Ian Wolfe as "Mr. Atoz" (built-in in-joke). He's oe of those actors, like John Carridine, who seems to have gotten old very early, and never changed in appearance for decades! I've seen him in mysteryu movies in the 40's, looking the same, and he was later "Hirsch" the butler on WKRP IN CINCINATTI.

#572877 01/28/06 08:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
my fav tng episode is yesterdays enterprise.
where tasha comes back.

#572878 01/28/06 08:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
in tos i liked the one with "apollo" cause he was hot.

#572879 01/28/06 09:03 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by disaster boy:
in tos i liked the one with "apollo" cause he was hot.
Ah, yes. "Who Mourns for Adonais?" with Michael Forest playing Apollo. A very tasty piece of man, he. drool

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#572880 01/29/06 09:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by profh0011:
Charles Napier, who played the guitar-slinging "Adam", recently turned up as a sheriff on an episode of MONK. After all the dumb rednecks he's played over the years (BLUES BROTHERS, anyone?) it was nice to see him play a "nice guy" role.
In terms of rednecks, his villainous role in "BJ and the Bear" would have to stand out wink . He's been in a bunch of Jonathan Demme movies too - from a hairstylist in "Married to the Mob", to the judge in "Philadelphia" to one of the guards who gets killed by Hannibal in "Silence of the Lambs" (among others I'm sure). I think he was also General Eiling in "JLU", but I'm not sure about that.

#572881 01/29/06 09:23 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
[b]in tos i liked the one with "apollo" cause he was hot.
Ah, yes. "Who Mourns for Adonais?" with Michael Forest playing Apollo. A very tasty piece of man, he. drool [/b]
One of my fav eye-candies from ToS would be Barbara Babcock who showed up in a couple of episodes (different characters though I can't remember which ones at the moment). She's still acting and pops up from time to time.

#572882 01/30/06 01:22 PM
Leader
Leader
"One of my fav eye-candies from ToS would be Barbara Babcock who showed up in a couple of episodes (different characters though I can't remember which ones at the moment). She's still acting and pops up from time to time."

OH yeah! She was in "A TASTE OF ARMAGEDDON", where Kirk saves her life as she's on the way to the disintegration chamber. Later, she was one of the arrogant scum who thought of themselves like gods in PLATO'S STEPCHILDREN.

I think she may be remembered by a lot of tv fans as Grace Gardner, who had a hot affair with Sgt. Phil Esterhaus on HILL STREET BLUES, and later came back as a nun in the 7th season!

She was also Joe & Brian's mother on WINGS, and Clint Eastwood's wife in SPACE COWBOYS. (Still hot after all these years...!)

#572883 01/30/06 01:26 PM
Leader
Leader
I was reminded today that Charles Napier turned up in an episode of DEEP SPACE NINE-- the one where the Ferengi time-travel back to Roswell in 1947. He plays a hard-headed army officer who's paranoid of spies, Ruskies, and ESPECIALLY aliens.

The same episode also featured Megan Gallagher (my vote for "sexiest woman on television" for the whole of the 1990s) as a forward-thinking optimist (in the Gene Roddenberry mold). She was also making a return appearance, having played an alien in an earlier DS9.

#572884 01/30/06 04:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by profh0011:
And of course, "ALL OUR YESTERDAYS" features Ian Wolfe as "Mr. Atoz" (built-in in-joke). He's oe of those actors, like John Carridine, who seems to have gotten old very early, and never changed in appearance for decades! I've seen him in mysteryu movies in the 40's, looking the same, and he was later "Hirsch" the butler on WKRP IN CINCINATTI.
It must have been popular for the writers of sci-fi TV in the 60's to name their characters using anagrams and (as in the case of Atoz...A to Z - perfect name for a librarian/archivist) visually clever pronounciations

#572885 01/31/06 12:12 PM
Active
Active
tos: "mirror, mirror" "A piece of the action" and City on the Edge of Forever" in that order.

TNG: The one where Data builds himself a daughter, "Lal"

ds9: I didn't watch it much at first, but it's grown to be my favorite series. it's so hard to choose... I'm going to say the one where Sisko narrates the plot to draw the Romulans into the Dominion War. Absolutely wonderful performance... though the name of the episode escapes me.

Voyager: I guess i like the one where Kim goes back in time to change his mistake, too.

I only really saw the first year and a half or so. I liked the one that set up the Andorians relationship to the Vulcans. The actor who played the lead Andorian had been Weyoun in DS9. He was great and it put the Vulcans in a new light.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
bump

What's YOUR favorite Trek episode?

Of the ones I have seen (and there are many from most of the Trek incarnations that I still have yet to see), the first that always comes to my mind is the TOS Season 1 classic, "Where No Man Has Gone Before." It has timeless themes of power corrupting, of friendships being shattered, and of the difficulties of placing duty over all, plus it has a strong, ahead-of-her-time female character in Elizabeth Dehner (tellingly, it is she, not her male counterpart Gary Mitchell, who retains enough of her humanity to make a difference for the greater good.)

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
I'm mainly a TOS and TNG fan (never got into the other series), so my favorites are:

TOS
City on the Edge of Forever
Space Seed
Charlie X
Dagger of the Mind
A Piece of the Action
A Private Little War (my all time favorite Trek episode)

TNG
Datalore
Who Watches the Watchers
The Offspring
Sins of the Father
The Best of Both Worlds 1&2
Brothers
Darmok

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Active
Active
Original series: "Mirror, Mirror"
Next Gen: " Best Of Both Worlds I and II "
DS9: " The Way Of The Warrior I and II "
Voyager: Deadlock

In the present
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Oh goodness, there are so many, loved for so many different reasons!

Original series - Mirror, Mirror, Amok Time, Arena, The City on the Edge of Forever

Next Generation - Lower Decks, Darmok, The Inner Light, Tin Man, Yesterday's Enterprise

Deep Space Nine - Crossover/Though the Looking Glass (the DS9 mirror universe episodes), Trials and Tribble-ations, In the Pale Moonlight, Second Skin

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lots of ST50 love going around! I've been watching a bunch of TOS on BBC-A and reminding myself how much I used to love that show.

I've already posted my favs, but a few more eps/arcs include:
- Data failing to save his daughter Lal always brings tears to my eyes.
- That ep where Kirk is crying about how his only real love is the Enterprise and how there's ultimately no place for anyone else in his heart ... It's a HUGE aspect to the character that is not only admirable but sad. It's why he's so good, but also why he's so flawed and that's awesome. GREAT piece of characterization for a time when many characters were cardboard.
- ST:TNG - the work that was done with Ensign Ro. I have no doubt it's because of how good an actress Michelle Forbes is, (before she went to Captain the Pegasus) but all her episodes combined into a great mini-arc within the series.
- DS9 - as fun as the bromance was between O'Brian and Bashir, I loved the Odo/Major Kira relationship with all its insane ups and downs, where the basis shifted from a core of respect to a deeper but more complicated and tumultuous love.

Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm not sure I can say I have a favorite episode. I don't know if I've seen enough of them yet to say I have a favorite.

The most episodes I've seen have come from TNG, but I feel as though BBC America replays the same specific episodes in an order so I haven't seen them all. I've only just begun watching DS9 now that I know what channel it's on, and the most Voyager episodes I've seen are the ones with the Borg.

Ill say this:

"Yesterday's Enterprise:" I didn't like how the introduced the first female captain of the Enterprise, Rachel Garrett, just to kill her off so unceremoniously. That was the reason I bought the novel "Well of Souls," to learn more about her.

"The Thaw:" I enjoyed Michael McKean's performance as the psycho clown and Janeway's verbal spar with him at the end.

I can't say I prefer any "TNG" episodes with Sela because she represents the continued undermining of Tasha Yar. They try to rectify how poorly they handled her first death, then subvert that with the hell she went through with the Romulans.

I can say I prefer Dr. Crusher to Dr. Pulaski, but I don't think the hate aimed at Pulaski is entirely fair when you consider the writers realized WHY fans didn't like her and tried to change her personality accordingly, unlike what they did with Wesley Crusher. She could've had an entire sub arc about her coming to realize her prejudices were unfounded, especially with Data.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,438
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Brody27
Brody27
Tampa, FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star