Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by razsolo - 05/07/24 01:29 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:37 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:35 AM
Legion World Fan Table at SDCC
by stile86 - 05/06/24 06:49 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
So, What are you PLAYING?
#575469 11/29/04 11:03 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I see alot of people here play City of Heroes....haven't had a chance to get it yet but i plan to soon.......
Anyhoo, this is for us to talk about any other games we have or like to play.

Last edited by Viridis Lament; 06/11/13 09:30 AM.
Re: Dedman's Video Arcade of DOOM!!!!!!
#575470 11/29/04 11:44 AM
Deputy
Deputy
My sister is trying to get me caught up in the next great Blizzard game, Worlds of Warcraft (or something like that). I hacked and slashed my way through both Diablo realms with her. Pretty fun and entertaining, but after awhile (and all that clicking) those games just came down to the search for "better" stuff. I haven't done any PC gaming for the last two years. It just gets too time consuming.

My wife and I play against each other at Double Dash (racing game on the Nintendo Game Cube system). That's pretty fun. She's not to the point where she can beat me consistently, but I at least have to pay attention now. The Zelda games were all cute and fun too.

Something Filthy!
#575471 11/29/04 01:12 PM
Active
Active
I used to play a lot of "RPG" style video games, mostly Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (Quest in Japan) but I don't play much anymore. I quit around FF7, for the most part. I prefer older games still and replay a lot, especially Dragon Warrior 4, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. In more recent years, say the last five or so, I've only really gotten into Breath of Fire III and Suikoden 1. I'm not sure I've even beaten any games other than those two since then.

Eishuu and my mother are both much bigger gamers than I am. I just borrow games from them if I get the gaming urge. Eishuu's sister runs a huge Shadow Hearts site, and Eishuu and her sister have worked together to make some guides on Star Ocean too.

科学の使者、キュアドクス!
#575472 11/29/04 09:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Love all the Final Fantasy games, especially FF VII. Never did try Earthbound, though I've always wanted to.

Also like the Zelda games, and I'm currently re-playing Kingdom Hearts in preparation for the impending release of the Game Boy version.

#575473 11/29/04 09:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Haven't played many PC games recently, as my system can't deal with the cool new stuff.

I really enjoyed the first two Hero's Quest gams from Sierra. The first Diablo too.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#575474 11/30/04 06:54 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by minesurfer:
My sister is trying to get me caught up in the next great Blizzard game, Worlds of Warcraft (or something like that). I hacked and slashed my way through both Diablo realms with her. Pretty fun and entertaining, but after awhile (and all that clicking) those games just came down to the search for "better" stuff. I haven't done any PC gaming for the last two years. It just gets too time consuming.

My wife and I play against each other at Double Dash (racing game on the Nintendo Game Cube system). That's pretty fun. She's not to the point where she can beat me consistently, but I at least have to pay attention now. The Zelda games were all cute and fun too.
I find the same thing with diablo (and that whole genre including games like the ps2 balders gate and gauntlet games)...they do tend to turn into a search for the best items rather than tring to coplete the quest.
I haven't played Double Dash (no gamecube access) but i've heard it is lots of fun. I've played its prequels, the two MarioCart games and loved them; i expect that DD is as good or better

#575475 11/30/04 07:02 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Mearl Dox:
I used to play a lot of "RPG" style video games, mostly Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (Quest in Japan) but I don't play much anymore. I quit around FF7, for the most part. I prefer older games still and replay a lot, especially Dragon Warrior 4, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 6. In more recent years, say the last five or so, I've only really gotten into Breath of Fire III and Suikoden 1. I'm not sure I've even beaten any games other than those two since then.

Eishuu and my mother are both much bigger gamers than I am. I just borrow games from them if I get the gaming urge. Eishuu's sister runs a huge Shadow Hearts site, and Eishuu and her sister have worked together to make some guides on Star Ocean too.
Excellent a Chrono Fan; one of my alltime favorites. I'm a big RPG fan too, and i constantly replay them too. The Final Fantasy games have always been a part of game libary as well as the dragon warrior games. I recently finished Suikoden 3; good game...haven't played the first two though. I've only played BoF as far as part 2, but enjoyed the series to that point. I'm really liking the Xenogears games as well.
My roomate and I are currently playing a dynasty in NHL04. We've customized all the teams and held a draft at the beginning. 3 years in now and still hunting our 1st stanley cup. BTW i strongly advise avoiding NHL05, its not as good as 04.

got a link to the shadowhearts site.....i haven't played the game but i have some friends who do, they'll be interested. Also are the StarOcean Guides online? I'd like to see them myself, i like the StarOcean games too

#575476 11/30/04 07:07 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by STU:
Love all the Final Fantasy games, especially FF VII. Never did try Earthbound, though I've always wanted to.

Also like the Zelda games, and I'm currently re-playing Kingdom Hearts in preparation for the impending release of the Game Boy version.
Love the Zelda games too.....just downloaded some old zelda ROM's the other day actuially (shh don't tell anyone).

#575477 11/30/04 07:13 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Haven't played many PC games recently, as my system can't deal with the cool new stuff.

I really enjoyed the first two Hero's Quest gams from Sierra. The first Diablo too.
Haven't played the Hero's Quest games....how would you classify them? Diablo IS fun but as i mentioned above........
I'm not a huge PC gamers either. I play Civilization 3 alot (excellent strategy game btw) and i also play Medal of Honour online alot. and of course im looking forward to getting into City of Heros

#575478 11/30/04 10:26 AM
Active
Active
I used to be a big fan of the adventure games Sierra was putting out. I think King's Quest 6 (Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow) was the peak, as Jane Jensen was an amazing game writer -- she was quite skilled at coming up with puzzles that evolved naturally out of the story. The Gabriel Knight games were pretty cool too. Too bad a bunch of total clunkers pretty much killed the genre.

In theory I like RPGs but I never finish them. Sometimes it's because I get a hoarder's mentality and stop playing because if I finished the game I wouldn't have any more to play... so I don't play at all. (Yes, I know that makes no sense.) Someday I'll finish Planescape, which had the best story in an RPG I've seen. I did finish the first Baldur's Gate, but couldn't get through the expansion and barely started BG2. I also finished that old classic Pool of Radiance.

#575479 11/30/04 05:42 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Many of the Sierra games really were a lot of fun. My favorite was King's Quest 3, because of the spell-casting aspect. I think King's Quest 4 was notable for being one of the first adventure games to feature a female protagonist...

#575480 11/30/04 06:10 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by dedman:
got a link to the shadowhearts site.....i haven't played the game but i have some friends who do, they'll be interested. Also are the StarOcean Guides online? I'd like to see them myself, i like the StarOcean games too
I can't seem to find the Star Ocean guides anymore. But the Shadow Hearts site her sister works on, as well as other (mostly game-related) projects they do, are at http://hopeofbreeze.com/

Eishuu goes by the name "Shioru" sometimes. She's got a handful of different pseudonyms (unlike me, I'm always Mearl-something.)

科学の使者、キュアドクス!
#575481 11/30/04 07:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I loved the Gabriel Knight games. Anything with a horror bent to it. Used to love the old DnD games (way back at the beginning of PC games) and have picked up the Temple of Elemental Evil that has DnD 3.5 rules. Haven't started playing it yet though. Maybe I will now if I can't resolved my CoH problems.

#575482 11/30/04 10:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
i'm probably the only person that will admit that i LOVE Final Fantasy VIII over the mass fave F.F.VII. and i'm digging FFX & X-2. as far as my likes on console games my tastes varies from fighters like Soul Caliber 2, Rumble Roses, and D.O.A 2,3, (cant wait to get D.O.A. Ultimate) to FPS like KillZone, Halo 1&2, and StarWars:Battlefronts. to other RPG's like KOTOR 1&2. and as PC games go i've only managed to play the Star Trek RTS games like StarFleet Commands 1-3, Armada's 1&2, create your own Starship,and the Dominion Wars.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#575483 12/02/04 08:36 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mearl - Thanks for the link, only took a quick galnce at the site but what i've seen looks good
LightningLad - Have you tried the Vampire:the masquerade games, they are good rpg/horror titles
L.John - I actually prefer FF6 (or snes FF3) over any of the others. FFX is a close second though. Still haven't finished FFX2, but i'm almost done....pretty good sofar

#575484 03/13/10 01:21 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Bumping this up, cause I do tons of gaming and I can't be the only one.
Plan on reviewing plenty of games, pretty much whatever I'm playing at the moment, some new stuff and some older games as well.

First reviews will be Brutal Legend and Final Fantasy 13. tune in tommorrow for the reviews!

#575485 03/13/10 01:08 PM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Brutal Legend

Platforms - Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
Developer - Double Fine
Publisher - EA
Released - October 2009

Brutal Legend is an action-adventure/real-time strategy hybrid. It involves the story of Eddie Riggs, a band roadie, who is transported into a fantasy world, where the enviroment is inspired by the covers of heavy metal album covers.
Through his adventures, Eddie sets out to overthrow the evil overloards of this land and set it free, using his trusty axe, a guitar, and a hot-rod called the Druid Plow. The game features voice acting from Jack Black, Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy (motorhead), Rob Halford (Judas Priest) and Lita Ford.

Gameplay is fun and addicting, as the land is huge. I spent many hours just exploring the land, freeing "bound serpents", hunting wildlife, and looking for hidden items.
Enemies are normally slain with your axe in melee combat, though you can use your guitar for certain effects as well (I Liked lightning best for a ranged attack). You can also run over smaller enemies in your car.
The RTS element of the game is called a stage battle. Basiclly you build a stage and some merchandise booths, summon your troops (which are all heavy metal themed...your basic units are headbangers and razorgirls) then try to destroy the opponents stage.
In both styles of play you also have the option of "playing" a solo on your guitar (through a combination of button pushes on the controller) which has a series of effects from the mundane (summon your car) to the devestating (Cause a fiery zepplin to crash into you enemies.
I really enjoyed this game, it is fun to play and has a great story. A definite buy!

#575486 03/14/10 08:46 PM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Should also note that the game features over 100 heavy meatl songs from all eras that play while driving your car.

Further update....I've decided not to review Final Fantasy 13 till I've completed the game, I'll do a review on another older game tommorrow.

.. #774843 06/11/13 09:29 AM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Just a bump up for the gamers among us...

Yesterday I finished Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
I had a copy of this downloaded for quite a while but at last got around to start playing it...glad I finally did.
It was a different take on Tomb Raider, using an isometric view rather than the usual 3rd person view and the puzzles were a little simple for a TR game but it was a lot of fun to play.

I've also been running missions in Port Royale 3 (a pirate game basically)
Playing Civilization 5 whenever I have a good chunk of time to dedicate (the "one more turn" is brutal in this game)
I also recently started a playthrough of "Tactics Ogre : Let us Cling Together" one of my favorite turn based strategy games.

What are you playing?

.. #776314 06/19/13 08:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Uno.

Best game ever!!!

.. #776322 06/19/13 09:47 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I currently am running through Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault. It's nice, mindless explodey fun.

I started Mass Effect 2, but it hasn't grabbed me yet, so I end up weeks between playing and have to re-familiarise myself with it.

Recently finished Arkham Asylum (Just the main game, not the Challenge levels). Thinking of putting Arkham City on the "next up" list, or maybe Heavy Rain, which has been sitting there a while.

.. #776362 06/20/13 07:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Viridis Lament

Playing Civilization 5 whenever I have a good chunk of time to dedicate (the "one more turn" is brutal in this game)

What are you playing?

I've lost more hours than I care to reveal to Civ IV but something about its duller colour palette put me off trying Civ V. How do you think it compares game-play-wise VL?

I'm not a huge gamer but I have found two within the last six months or so which I've absolutely loved.

1. is The Walking Dead game from TellTale which is an *absolute must* if you're into the comic, the show, zombies, choose-your-own-adventure mysteries, or just fantastic games in general. There's a reason it won multiple sources' Best of 2012 awards.

2. is my very first MMO and a game I loved so much I still dream about it and spend hours at work wishing I was playing it - Guild Wars 2. Breathtakingly beautiful to behold, great game controls, a wonderful story, an incredibly detailed and intricate world, unlimited hours of new things to experience... It's just so much fun. There's a reason it also won many sources' Best of 2012 awards.

.. #776368 06/20/13 07:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like Civ as well ... but am on the computer so long ive given up computer games ...

My favorite game was always the Baldur's Gate series.

It's like playing D and D alone. I preferred the early versions.

I also liked sim city but dont seem to be very good at it.

.. #776370 06/20/13 07:39 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
for playstation .... I liked Dragon Age!

.. #776393 06/20/13 03:27 PM
.. Offline OP
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
@Peebs...Uno is awesome! Baldurs Gate is awesome too (both the tradional DnD style PC game and the PS2 hack-n-slash games)
I own the 360 version of Dragon Age but haven't played it yet

@Dave...the only one of those games I've played is Arkham Asylum (I even have an AA sticker on my hardhat!) I didn't finish it though but now that you've put it back in my mind I might have to give it a whirl.

@Blacula....I actually did not like Civ 4... I found that even at high level play it didn't really seem to matter what you researched, what you built or where your cities were founded. I always seemed to win. After coming from Civ 3 the lack of challenge was a let down.
Civ 5 is shaping up to be pretty good in that regard. The game mechanics are quite different (for example, land tiles are now hexs and you cannot stack units) so I've been playing on easier levels to get used to how the game works. I'm just starting to meet new civilizations on a game that should be on high enough difficulty to be challenging. And like I said earlier, this game has that "one more turn" thing that Civ is infamous for down pat.
Also if you find the colour palette unappealing there are quite a few mods that reskin the game to give it a different look.

And that Walking Dead game is awesome...I've only played a few hours but I've been watching the wife play (she's just starting chapter 5) Excellent story!! There is another WD game but I hear it is pretty bad frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,181
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Triad Orange
Triad Orange
Cargg
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star