Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 114 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 12:25 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 10:28 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/28/24 08:39 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:30 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:28 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/28/24 06:26 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/28/24 07:19 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Average Joe 2
#576056 01/20/04 02:41 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Is anyone watching this? I've seen some of it and it's kinda difficult for me to watch. There's no doubt that I fall on the "average" (re: dorky) side of the fence and though I identify with the "average" joe's, I don't particularly root for them to get the girl (who is gorgeous, btw -- truly breathtaking in a way that the first one wasn't).

It's like if they get anywhere with her, it's just frustrating to put myself in that position and wonder if I could've as well. Or it's just depressing if I realize I'm more of a loser than these guys, seeing how they act on their dates compared to how I think I would behave.

Then there's the new arrival of the "hunks" and it looks like there's a serious rivalry between the two factions that (from the promos) gets pretty ugly in a "trapped in highschool with the jocks picking on the geeks", ego-crushing kinda way. Ugh, I don't think I wanna watch that but I know I'll be compelled even though I know it'll be depressing.

But that girl is *so* hot (and she's an artist too :dreamy sigh:-- we'd have stuff to talk about right? I can picture it now .... (no, no! hope leads to yearning, which leads to frustration, which leads to depression, which leads to hatred, which leads to the dark side!! :groan: ))

Re: Average Joe 2
#576057 01/26/04 08:50 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
But that girl is *so* hot (and she's an artist too :dreamy sigh:-- we'd have stuff to talk about right? I can picture it now ....
HOT FOR TEACHER!

Oh my grife, she was looking SO INCREDIBLY HOT in the classroom, with those glasses and her hair up! If I'd had more teachers who looked like her, I guarantee I wouldn't have skipped class as much as I did...

#576058 01/26/04 09:26 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Humans have such unusual mating rituals!

[Rodent-English translations provided courtesy of telepathic earplugs.]
#576059 01/27/04 12:20 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I just saw the latest episode and battle lines have indeed been drawn in the house between the "hunks" and the "joes". It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be cuz it turns out the geeks were just as quick (if not quicker - it's hard to tell how it was edited) to alienate the hunks. Several of them got a bit angry and beligerent, making fun of the hunky guys cuz they felt insecure and threatened.

#576060 01/27/04 05:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I find this show very hard to watch. In some ways it's very mean spirited in the way that it holds the Joes up to ridicule. Nevertheless, the Joes have turned out to be decent fellows, even if they are dreaming when it comes to getting the girl.

So far the "hunks" have shown themselves to be vain and shallow. They are not worthy of the girl either.

About the girl - Larissa Meek. She is quite famous among beauty contest afficionados. She almost won Miss USA 2001 and in fact was so far ahead of the other contestants in swimsuit and evening gown that everyone thought the crown was hers. Then came a totally incomprehensible question from some asshole judge (who refused to explain it when asked). Larissa balked and lost the competition. Many feel that had she won and gone on to Miss Universe, she could have won that as well. She's definitely one of the most beautiful beauty queens ever, imo.

#576061 01/27/04 10:56 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
So far the "hunks" have shown themselves to be vain and shallow. They are not worthy of the girl either.
Not to give the "hunks" undo credit, but there are a couple of arrogant guys and we haven't seen much of the rest. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they highlighted the tense moments to enforce stereotypes on both ends.

And am I the only one who wonders why they didn't show even one "joe" try to climb the rope? They must've shown about 8 of the "hunks" do it. You'd think seeing them struggle would be of more entertainment value so I'm surprised they passed up that opportunity.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,983
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jab
jab
mini mall island
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star