Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 37 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 08:34 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/09/24 06:41 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/09/24 03:03 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Re: Lost: The Final Season
#582202 03/03/10 02:18 PM
Active
Active
I found the show very good, i was eager for the end to see what would happen, and it was great! I just wonder how Flocke sees Kate now, as one of his group or as a potential threat.

#582203 03/03/10 02:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Kate kinda looked like a deer in headlights. I cannot wait to see where this all leads.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#582204 03/03/10 02:37 PM
Active
Active
and if the Man in Black's intentions are to kill everyone on the island, then it should be interesting to see how his group meets its end, and the two kids are there i believe.

#582205 03/03/10 07:15 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
I wasn't overly impressed with the episode, but at least it got us out of the Temple. Not really gonna miss either Dogen or Lennon. Otherwise, it seems the Monster missed anyone of any importance.

I wonder what happened to Jin? My guess is he's been infected like Claire and Sayid have apparently been. Could make Jin and Sun's eventual reunion darker than expected.

Also, if Sawyer was with Flocke when last seen, then where was he while all this went on? I guess we're being set up for a rumble between Jacob's crew and Flocke's crew?

And how the other timeline fits in is anybody's guess. All I can say is that the vignettes haven't been terribly compelling so far. It was interesting to see Keamy again, though. I'd rather see more of the dead characters in those scenes like Charlie, Eko, Ana-Lucia, Libby, Boone, Faraday etc. than alternate versions of the regulars.

The next episode promises some resolution (possibly death) with Ben. Hopefully, it will prove pivotal in a more compelling way than how this one just seemed to be an exercise in moving chess pieces where the writers needed them to be on their board.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#582206 03/03/10 08:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Not gonna miss those two either. Then again...they "died" in the pool...so...

I'm guessing Sawyer still might be in that cave. Then again, maybe not. Jin was pretty messed up, so he's probably still nursing his wound.

I just appreciated them actually moving the chess pieces more than once an episode. They moved a lot around in this episode for me at least.

#582207 03/04/10 08:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Considering how far gone some of the characters have gone on the island, I just hope this doesn't end with the Losties on the island all dying or something with the alt timeline Losties just living their lives completely obvlious to any of this having happened. As Legion fans, we've all seen what happens when there are two alternate universe versions of characters and the creators start to feel like they can do whatever they want to one version because they have the other version in their pocket as their "prime" version. I just hope the island Losties don't get the SW6 treatment.

#582208 03/07/10 12:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
So Sayid is beyond redemption. He's been such an interesting character. I still want to root for the guy, but even I think shooting a kid and killing a samurai are wrong.

We saw Ilana save Sun and Lapitus from Smokey, but what happened with Ben? One minute he's trying to save Sayid (?) and the next he's MIA. UnLocke sure didn't seem happy to see Kate had joined his merry little band did he?

Just spouting off.
#582209 03/10/10 01:16 PM
Active
Active
I enjoyed last nights episode though i do grow tired of the drawn out answers to questions, why you still look the same richard?
Its hard to explain
uh a gift from Jacob, why wait so long for an answer thats not an answer, you could assume that it was a gift from jacob the first time richard mentioned it... to Flocke at the beginning of the season.
Who are the final 6 candidates?
jin, sun, hurley, jack, lipidus, that leaves Kate....or Miles, or Desmond.
Do you think Whidmore is going to the Hydra station and if so does this mean that he has joined Flockes side?
In the episode where the Mysterious Boy told Flocke you know the rules you cant kill him. I guess he was talking about Sawyer, seeing candidates cant be killed, or now that Sawyer has switched sides, is he killable?

#582210 03/10/10 07:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, we've had mysterious black child (Walt) popping in and out and now mysterious white child (Aaron? Young Jacob?) and we know how the creators like to use black and white...

I'm feeling like these characters will find redemption in their alternate lives, making the original Losties more and more dispensable as we head towards the finale.

#582211 03/11/10 03:33 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I think Sawyer and Sayid still qualify as candidates despite their current allegiance to Flocke.

The final six correspond to the Numbers on the cave wall and compass. So we have Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Sayid, either Jin or Sun (and they're pretty clearly making this a mystery), and the final one, who I believe is still unrevealed (though Kate seems extremely likely).

Of course, Mr. Eko seemed to go from being unkillable (presumably because he was a canddiate?) when he first encountered the monster to being killable later on, so I don't know.

#582212 03/11/10 06:51 PM
L
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
L
I enjoyed Tuesday's episode a good deal. The dual focus on Ben, the bits with Richard, Doc Arzt and Alex in the other timeline, the appearance of Widmore at the end...all were pretty nice.

This season so far still feels too much like chess pieces being moved instead of giving us the revelations, character resolutions and twists we crave, but there was definitely good character work on Ben here. On the island I think it's important that Ben did something out of character. I kept waiting for him to shoot Ilana. The old Ben would definitely have done that. And in the other timeline it was nice to see Ben choose Alex over his ambition. I know our Ben regrets his choice in the Keamy confrontation more and more, but I'm not entirely sure Alex had a chance even if he's surrendered. It's nice to know somewhere else she had a shot. Too bad we didn't get to see her mom, though.

It seems obvious to me that we're nearing the point where we'll see the other half of the story of what happened during that outrigger chase last season where the time-travelling Sawyer, Juliet and the rest were fired on by persons unknown before a time flash saved their asses. Excellent! I love loose ends being tied up, and I've eagerly been awaiting that one's resolution!

Meanwhile, on DVD I'm on the last couple of episodes of Season 5. I saw them, of course, when they originally aired, but have only just recently gotten to the DVD after completing the half-watched Season 4. Simply put, I loved Season 5 as it aired, but it actually seems even better the second time around! I think Season 5 and Season 2 (which I love for how it just built the mythology and mystery up while introducing compelling new characters) are my very favorites by far.

By comparison Season 6 is so far a little disappointing with what I see as its going thru the motions/chess piece-moving flavor. It almost feels like the creators didn't have enough material to fill 18 TV hours. That must be wrong since they asked for the extra hour to bring the season to that number. There are plenty of episodes to redeem it (and I anticipate it will), but so far this season is merely "good", not "great".

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#582213 03/11/10 10:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
See I think that while they are moving things into place, they are revealing little things along the way.

The Numbers

Richard

The Lighthouse (Possibly how we got the flashbacks and flashforwards.

The Temple

What happened to Claire...and possibly how Roussoue went nutso.

Things like that are making me happy so far. I know there are huge things coming, but I didn't expect it in the first few episodes anyway.

#582214 03/12/10 03:34 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Dev Em:
See I think that while they are moving things into place, they are revealing little things along the way.

The Lighthouse (Possibly how we got the flashbacks and flashforwards.
That's something I had not considered. We've heard often before the flasbacks/forwards/sideways were more than just a narrative technique and I've always taken that with a grain of salt. Sure, I recognize it mirrors the themes of the show.

But perhaps you can look at them as Jacob viewing the various Losties through the Lighthouse over time? Even if we never get a single hint of something like that happening, its still a pretty groovy notion when understanding the overall life of the series.

I also liked the latest episode and thought it was the strongest of the season thus far. Llana telling Ben she would accept him was a huge moment IMO. And Jack/Hurley/Richard returning to the Beach purposely mirrored several other similar sequences (Jack & Juliet returning in Season 3; various people returning in Season 1); I think it was a nice narrative way in telling the audience we are coming full circle now.

#582215 03/12/10 08:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Just because he's a history teacher, and helped Alex, doesn't mean Ben has/can be/will ever be redeemed. He's BEN!!!!!!!

It was good to see Sun reunite with some of our regular cast. I've missed her, she's been out of sight most of this season. And now we have almost a clear delineation of our two sides at war.

Theories:
UnLocke is/was a former candidate. I don't think he's Jacob's opposite; he's seemed more interested in leaving the island than anything else.

Kate and Sawyer are Adam and Eve. UnLocke wasn't too happy to see her with Sayid and Claire. When she takes Sawyer from him, he's not going ot be happy.

Hurley needs to change his shirt. (Not so much a theory, but it doesn't look good on him, and it's RED.)

Just spouting off.
#582216 03/12/10 08:38 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I totally think Sawyer is playing Flocke anyway.

I think Hurley's mentioning the time traveling Losties becoming Adam and Eve pretty much refuted the idea that any of them become Adam and Eve.

#582217 03/17/10 08:08 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Interesting episode.

So, Flocke's team comes together, though most of them don't trust him.

How's Sawyer going to keep his promise to Kate to get off the island in the Hydra raid, and his promise to Jin that they won't go without Sun?

Who's in the locked room? Desmond? Walt?

What's Widmore's gameplan now? Does he know Jacob's dead? How did he find the island? Was it through Elosie?

Who killed the other passengers, Flocke or Widmore?

#582218 03/17/10 10:56 AM
Active
Active
next week we find out all about Richard

#582219 03/17/10 11:33 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
I have a slight problem with some of the flashsideways. Particularly Ben's and now Sawyer's. If the hydrogen bomb stopped the countdown and thus Flight 815 from crashing, how does that make Ben a teacher and Miles working with Sawyer? Ben should still be an Other on the island and Miles should be living his own life, which was already shown to not be a cop.

I feel that nothing will get answered, but will stay for the ride.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#582220 03/17/10 12:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I have a slight problem with some of the flashsideways. Particularly Ben's and now Sawyer's. If the hydrogen bomb stopped the countdown and thus Flight 815 from crashing, how does that make Ben a teacher and Miles working with Sawyer? Ben should still be an Other on the island and Miles should be living his own life, which was already shown to not be a cop.

I feel that nothing will get answered, but will stay for the ride.
Because the flash sideways are not just a "What if the Plane Didn't Crash?" but "What if the 'Incident' was catastrophic for the Island, and Jacob never got to recruit the Candidates?"

The inference is that all of them actually have better lives (even if most of them don't realise it), without Jacob manipulating them.

Ben had to leave the island with his Dad as a kid, Jack went on to have a son, Locke has a relationship with his Dad (and isn't dead), KAte found and helped Claire. Arguably Sayid's the only one not better off, but then again, things aren't goign well for him all around.

#582221 03/17/10 11:29 PM
Active
Active
exactly
In the first episode, in the flash sideways they show the island UNDER water.

#582222 03/18/10 05:47 AM
Active
Active
i have a question
If the Oceanic 6 were off island for 3 years, that would mean 3 years passed on the island, why arent the 2 kids that are with the others older. I know time moves differently on the island but i dont really get that part.

#582223 03/18/10 06:53 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
i have a question
If the Oceanic 6 were off island for 3 years, that would mean 3 years passed on the island, why arent the 2 kids that are with the others older. I know time moves differently on the island but i dont really get that part.
They are older. They are actually the same kids who played the part in 2005, so technically they are almost TOO old to play their parts.

#582224 03/18/10 07:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
exactly
In the first episode, in the flash sideways they show the island UNDER water.
I remember that the creators said that it may not have been the "bomb" that sunk the island...that it may have happened at some other point.

#582225 03/18/10 12:46 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by rouge:
[b] i have a question
They are older. They are actually the same kids who played the part in 2005, so technically they are almost TOO old to play their parts. [/b]
oh
alright thanks for clearing that up.

#582226 03/18/10 01:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sawyer is playing a tricky game. He is trynig to play some very powerful individuals. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out for him.

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,222
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Silver Age Lad
Silver Age Lad
Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star