Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 72 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/29/24 08:53 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:44 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/29/24 04:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:18 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/29/24 02:13 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Gaseous Lad - 04/28/24 05:52 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" Season 2
#583097 09/11/03 05:33 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
okay !!! this is a little follow on from the thread BEVIS has started on "Buffy" season 7 !!!

over the years, i never got to see enough of "Buffy" on TV !!! i'd see a few together and then none for ages !!!

so it was always my plan to get all the seasons on DVD and watch them in order .....

i got season 1 ages ago !!! and watched all of them, and then for my birthday in August i got seasons 2 & 3 !!!

i am currently nearing the end of season 2 !!!

and what a great one it's been so far .... some great funny lines by all the characters !!! my favourite so far would have to be Buffy talking about the song "I touch myself" !!! and then Willow realising it's meaning about 10 minutes later !!!

i've also really enjoyed the fighting between Xander and Cordelia and their getting together !!!

and finally of course the "change" in Angel !!!

my only disapointment in that is .... i know the outcome !!! so it takes away, a little of the excitment !!!

but it's still cool watching it happen .....

i've got 5 more episodes to go !!! and then it's the start of season 3, and then i'll buy the later ones !!!

Matthew.

Re: "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" Season 2
#583098 09/11/03 05:53 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I really thought Season 2 was excellent!

All the characters began to grow...

But I think it's Season 3 when the show really hits its stride...

Touch the magic...
#583099 09/12/03 11:23 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
i'm looking forward to season 3 !!!

i think that will be some time next week .....

Matthew.

#583100 09/12/03 11:38 PM
Active
Active
Matthew... considering our mutual love for Buffy, it is obvious that we are meant to be together. Who is this "Paul" person? wink

Willow was always my favorite out of a group of exceptional characters. Then Oz enters and I just absolutely LOVE them together. Wait until you see the episode where Willow tries to seduce Oz. Its one of my favorites from the whole series.

One of my favorite scenes from 2nd season is in the first episode when Cordelia confronts Buffy outside of the Bronze and tells her to get over herself. "Spank you inner moppet" or somesuch. I would look it up but the DVDs are in Phoenix.

Bring Back Tellus :tellus:
#583101 09/15/03 05:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Season three is when I really started watching, but I caught some of Season two first time around, then on FX reruns. I think it may be the best season IMO...or three. Definitely two or three. Or four. It was really great too, especially the finale...

Post back after you watch the season finale. I won't spoil it by giving you a one work review:

DEVASTATING.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#583102 09/15/03 05:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
That should be one WORD review...

Don't judge me!
#583103 09/16/03 03:16 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
well i had a bit of a "Buffy" marathon last night !!! and i watched the final 5 episodes of season 2 !!!

they were all great !!!

RELATIONSHIPS played a massive part in this season !!! i like how the defined the different characters:

Buffy and everyone

Giles and Jenny

Willow and Oz

Xander and Cordelia [ these two had some of the funniest parts in the whole season !!! i loved their fighting and then kissing !!! and then the break-up !!! i loved the part in "Go Fish" where Cordelia thinks she's talking to Xander in the pool !!! ]

my favourite episodes were:

"Halloween"

"Lie to me" [ had that great line about the "I touch myself" song ]

"What's my line" Parts 1&2 [ Kendra was really funny, i liked Giles reaction to her, knowing all her Slayer facts !!! ]

"Ted"

"Sunrise" & "Innocence" [ these were exciting episodes !!! i did know Angel went bad for a while, but i thought it would have been at the end of the season !!! it was good seeing him evil ..... ]

"Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" [ this was a very funny episode, with all the girls after Xander ]

"Passions" [ i liked Angel's narration during this, and also his evil torment of Buffy, leading to the death of Jenny !!! ]

"Killed by death" [ the villain in this was scary !!! and i liked the fact this person had killed Buffy's cousin years earlier ... ]

"I only have eyes for you" [ good ghost story episode !!! and the start of Willow's interest in magic !!! the ending with Buffy and Angel was great, too !!! ]

"Go Fish" [ another funny one, as i mentioned earlier, with Cordelia and Xander ]

"Becoming" Parts 1&2 [ great season finale episodes !!! ]

i'm gonna stat on Season 3 today ..... i'll let you know what i think !!!

Matthew.

#583104 09/16/03 05:43 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
"Halloween"
Fabulous episode. Willow being so scared of her own outfit was great, and it's probably the first time that we really start to see the kind of strong, self-confident woman she's going to grow into.

"Lie to me" [ had that great line about the "I touch myself" song ]
Heh heh, that's one of the best lines in the whole of Buffy. Always makes me laugh. The conversation at the end between Buffy and Giles is really good too. A fine example of the way that Buffy always manages to have heart without becoming mawkish or sentimental.

"What's my line" Parts 1&2 [ Kendra was really funny, i liked Giles reaction to her, knowing all her Slayer facts !!! ]
OK, I have to admit I really didn't like Kendra. Not sure why but she just bugged me. The about about the Slayer's Handbook is great though.

"Ted"
Actually this is one of my least favourite episodes of Buffy. It has some great moments but just falls a bit flat for me.

"Sunrise" & "Innocence" [ these were exciting episodes !!! i did know Angel went bad for a while, but i thought it would have been at the end of the season !!! it was good seeing him evil ..... ]
OK, being pedantic here but it 'Surprise'. That being said they're fabulous episodes. I have to say until this point I didn't really care for Angel. Him going evil was brilliant though. Loved the reactions of Spike and Dru to his return and the fight at the end in the shopping centre was great.

"Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" [ this was a very funny episode, with all the girls after Xander ]
Faaaabulous episode. Very, very silly but I loved it. Especially Dru who gets to steal the episode again.

"Passions" [ i liked Angel's narration during this, and also his evil torment of Buffy, leading to the death of Jenny !!! ]
I think this is the episode that really showed what Buffy was going to become in terms of doing the dark stories as well as the light. Angelus' narration is brilliant, it's all underplayed so well and Giles finding Jenny is one of the most disturbing mments in the whole of Buffy. Even though we know she's dead, even though we know what Giles is going to find that only helps to heighten the sense of dread that you have. And Giles going completely wiggy is brilliant.

"Killed by death" [ the villain in this was scary !!! and i liked the fact this person had killed Buffy's cousin years earlier ... ]
Worth it just for Willow distracting the guards (Frogs!). I was also really pleased when Buffy said that when she was little she pretended to be Power Girl. They could have picked Supergirl, but no they went for the cooler version. laugh

"I only have eyes for you" [ good ghost story episode !!! and the start of Willow's interest in magic !!! the ending with Buffy and Angel was great, too !!! ]
One of my favourites from the series. Some people don't like it so much but I think it's great. Sure Buffy is *very* harsh throughout but the last scene with Buffy and Angelus is fantastic and brilliantly acted.

"Go Fish" [ another funny one, as i mentioned earlier, with Cordelia and Xander ]
Plus Xander almost naked before he got all porky in later series. Yummy. Good episode too.

"Becoming" Parts 1&2 [ great season finale episodes !!! ]
Like afob says the end is just devastating. I thought it was very brave of them not only to have Angel be sucked into the demon dimension after being sured rather than saving him at the last minute but also making Xander so incredibly selfish in not telling Buffy what Willow was trying to do.

i'm gonna stat on Season 3 today ..... i'll let you know what i think !!!
Oooh, you're in for a treat. Angelus was a great Big Bad but the Mayor is just the best (apart maybe from Glory). Some truly great episodes, especially The Wish and Doppelgangland which are probably two of my favourite ever episodes of Buffy. Unfortunately you do also get Anne and Dead Man's Party which are both really low points of the series. Oooh, but you've got Band Candy and Homecoming too which are brilliant. Basically the good far outweighs the not so good in series 3.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#583105 09/16/03 07:17 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I vote for the Mayor as best villain by far--he even has the best henchmen (and women--but's that's as close to a spoiler as I will get) and the best season finale in all of Buffydom.

Don't judge me!
#583106 08/22/04 02:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I LOVE BUFFY!

Back when it was on the air, I was only able to catch a less-than-handful of eps-- all from season 2, which probably explains my fascination and love of the Drusilla character.

But recently, tapes of Season 1, most of Season 2 and Season 3 have come into my possession. GREAT STUFF, and Dru is ABsolutely faboo! GOD, how I love evil, insane, exotic-accent-talking women with weird mental powers! "Your face is a poem! I can READ it." She got ALL the grooviest lines!

Season 1 was loads of fun, what I saw of season 2 was even better--

FAVE SINGLE EP (of those I saw on the tapes): Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered

FAVE SUPPORTING CHARACTER: Drusilla

SADDEST SCENE: Angel kills Jenny, and Giles' discovery of it

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#583107 08/22/04 02:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, I've decided to collect BUFFY on DVD... gonna startwith Season 2.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#583108 08/22/04 04:50 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've always liked Buffy too, but haven't really followed it consistently. I watched all of the season where Buffy dated that black ops army guy (it was about five years ago...jeez, I'm getting old!).

Maybe I'll pick up Season 1 and start at the beginning...

#583109 08/23/04 03:59 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Oh, I've decided to collect BUFFY on DVD... gonna startwith Season 2.
hey LASH !!! you're gonna love them !!!

i've actually just finished season 7 .... today !!! and i cried frown

Matthew.

#583110 08/24/04 10:05 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I assume everyone knows that the series runs all the time on FX. I just do a little search on the digital recorder, check out what's coming up, record what I want. Great for the experienced Buffy viewer. Last week they were in the beginning of season 3--Faith just showed up, the Mayor's right around the corner. LOVE season 3! Now, if there could just be a Buffy/Angel feature film, everything would be right with the world. It pains me that I have to get through a TV season without new Buffyverse/Joss Whedon material. Surely we'll get to go back someday....?

Don't judge me!
#583111 08/26/04 08:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
And to continue my season 3 gushing, just watched the Homecoming Queen battle episode (sorry, not good with the titles). The early scene in which Buffy tells the recently returned Angel that she's seeing someone...sooo good. And Charisma Carpenter was ON FIRE! Whew!

Don't judge me!
#583112 09/21/05 06:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Oh, I've decided to collect BUFFY on DVD... gonna start with Season 2.
I actually started with Season 4, then 1.

This month I bought seasons 2 & 3, and am nearing the end of Season 3.

re: Season 2; was tickled to note the guest-apearance of PRISON BREAK uber-hottie Wentworth Miller in the GO FISH episode.

Dru was by far my favorite-- I loved every episode she appeared in.

Groovy to see her, as well as Harmony, knowing they play roles later on in the ANGEL series (which I also intend to collect on DVD).

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,044,992
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Kid Metal \m/
Kid Metal \m/
Kansas City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star