Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Smallville ... MAJOR SPOILERS
#585600 09/21/08 04:35 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Is it me or did Lois get a little work done? She looked great.
Wasn't an episode from an earlier season (back when I was still watching the show) called "Kryp/Tuck"? wink

#585601 09/21/08 10:29 PM
Active
Active

Is it me or did Lois get a little work done? She looked great.
!!!

me and my roommates were thinking the exact same thing!! we weren't even sure if it was the same actress!!! is her hair darker?! i hope they made her a brunette, i was very much opposed to a blonde lois. (and the actress looked a lot like supergirl and that was freaking me out. DON'T DATE YOUR COUSIN, CLARK!)

#585602 10/13/08 05:33 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Clark finally moves to the big city and his speach to Martian Manhunter gives a real explanation for how all the various cast members leaving actually kinda "fit" into the development of the character.
I missed that speech somehow?!
Anyway . . .

Lois might have had work done, I don't know because I can never focus on her.
She's kind of terrible and she has no chemistry with Clark, that I can feel or see.
She seemed much better to me when Ollie was dying from poison and she was trying to save his life. She came across much more believably and emotionally involved.
Oh well.

Last week Maxima was introduced.
It WAS nice to see Clark be able to get more physically involved with a girl but she certainly wouldn't be the one I'd choose for him.

Am I crazy but do most of the women this year look related? They're all the same, sort of.
People don't seem to like Lana but at least, Lana was unique looking ~ I could tell who she was right away.

Who I WANT to see introduced, rather than a generically pretty Maxima is Diana Prince.
Lois, imo, needs to be an alsoran in this boot rather than Mrs. Superman.
They've, TPTB, have changed other relationships in this boot, why not this one?
We need someone Clark can actually be with and not worry about all of the time, both as a lover and as a superhero.
She would certainly solve the hero/person issue.

Plus, a Diana would/could have a very different presentation, accent and looks wise, not just a skinny girl with a little nose, big breasts and lots of hair.
She could have a little muscle and a more Greek type nose, anyway! And some cultural differences!
Something else else!
smile

My favorite character is Chloe, especially since she's noved on to Jimmy.
I wasn't fond of her healing powers because they were so passive.
But, I am enjoying her makeover into Oracle.
If she could just grow some direct computer links in her hands or something like our Brainys', I'd like it even more.
Just kidding!
As long as she gets to keep them though, the faster than a computer mind, she'd be a wonderful addition to the Justice League.
I hope the continued references to Brainiac won't mean she'll loose them sometime in the future.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
I can't watch Smallville and it sucks!
#1020006 11/03/22 08:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just can't. I know, it wasn't the show or the actors or producers fault, but I just can't now. Alison Mack has done something so vile I just can't watch the show anymore.

I've tried to rewatch just for fun. I liked the show. A bit long in the tooth at times, and the melodrama was a bit much at times, but it's still a superhero show that had Legion guess stars as well as others.

I know it's not something the other actors wanted, though I hear another had a minor involvement with the cult as well, but rewatching it would seem like a tacit support or ignoring of what she did. It's the same reason I can't watch China Town.

Am I the only one?

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Re: I can't watch Smallville and it sucks!
rickshaw1 #1020009 11/04/22 01:06 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm put off because Alison Mack's smile just lit up the room, she was absolutely crush-worthy, and now I'm all grossed out by the fact that I used to like her and think of her as one of the best parts of an at-times uneven show.

And I'm still a fan of Michael Rosenbaum's Lex and Erica Durance's Lois and John Glover's Lionel Luther, and they sure aren't to blame, but now sort of get tainted-by-association by my brain.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
rickshaw1 #1020011 11/04/22 02:01 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I'm not familiar with the specifics here. I just skimmed wiki to get the gist, and that was more than enough. shake

What I am familiar with is not being able to enjoy a beloved creative work anymore after someone central to it turns out to be a complete and utter ass. I kicked all my Atwood books to the curb a few years ago, for instance. And I haven't looked back.

So, yeah... My sympathies.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Lightning Lad #1027563 07/09/23 11:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And now I read she's out after less than three years. Man, I just can't.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Lightning Lad #1027682 07/12/23 02:12 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
It's criminal she got a plea deal for just 3 years, the least they could have done was make sure she served her full sentence.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
EmeraldEmpress
EmeraldEmpress
London, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star