Roll Call
1 members (rickshaw1, rickshaw1, rickshaw1, rickshaw1), 3 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by thoth lad - 05/19/24 05:38 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:54 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:54 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42
Re: Lightning Saga Legion in Action!
#58557 11/18/07 01:58 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I am truly at a loss as to how anyone can dismiss other versions of Legion, be they Reboot...
Oh, trust me, I don't find it hard at all smile

I'm sitting watching this debate with somewhere between dispassion and mild amusement - while preboot variations don't have that special "never ever EVER" place in my brain the "threeboot" does, I don't really care about them + it's Johns + I really don't care for current DC in general.

But, execution notwithstanding, it seems as original as the Post-Crisis/Glorithverse LoSHes - less so than the former in a lot of ways, if it rewrote the origin. Which, if applied in a relatively similar way to post-ZH, would probably make me not bother before even checking the execution, but...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#58558 11/18/07 02:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'll add Dev-Em fiasco to the "evidence". (i did earlier and you guys left it out!) wink

Wildfire using Red Tornado's body? I hate it but anyways that could've happened off panel post-Crisis or Magic Wars or whatever.

#58559 11/18/07 04:34 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Dain:
Matthew, believe me when I say that I haven't read and re-read a Legion comic as closely as the Lightning Saga issues and Action #858 in years.
A lot of what you, seemingly, consider "evidence" is:

1. Explainable "off panel"
2. Little retcons or inconsistencies which are a dime a dozen in comic books.
3. Discrepancies which may, or may not, be explained after the Legion storyline in Action and Countdown are completed.

I could give you examples of all of the above but I'm sure you already know them.

Even major retcons like Karate Kid alive could have occurred at some future point from where this Legion "diverges" from the original continuity. It's not like character "resurrection" is rare in comics, is it?

If there is one major "bump" that suggests this Legion may not be the "classic" one is Supergirl's role in both Legions. That won't be explained easily.
The fact that this Legion's origin is almost identical (as far as circumstances allow) to the original's one is a major evidence - but not conclusive - that this Legion is a continuation of the classic one on a divergent timeline and no less "original" than Glorithverse.
This is actual evidence, hard evidence, that points to...a certain direction. I don't think one can be objective about it if he/she tosses it aside as unimportant.

You'll notice that I didn't use DC's claims that it IS the original Legion but only evidence from the comics themselves.
Let's also keep in mind, all of us, that if a majority of fans believe this is the original Legion and/or they love it on its own merits (or hate it because of its own faults), then, for all intents and purposes it IS the original Legion with a "restored" continuity, or a divergent timeline or anything one wants to call it. If new and old readers love it, then it's *their* Legion. In that case proving or disproving anything is a moot point.
The way I see it is a lot of the inconsistencies can be explained by the changes made in history by New Earth being created.

To me, that makes it more like the Post-Crisis Legion rather than the Glorithverse. And the thing about that is that no-one ever suggested that the Post-Crisis Legion, heck even the Glorithverse Legion, wasn't the originals.

Which makes me wonder what is so different this time that people don't have that same view this time.

Paul Newell
Titan President
#58560 11/18/07 04:36 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Wild Jorge:
Wildfire using Red Tornado's body? I hate it but anyways that could've happened off panel post-Crisis or Magic Wars or whatever.
Or there could be a retcon that Prof. Vultan used the Red Tornado's inner workings to create the suit Wildfire inhabits. It might not be literally Reddy's "body".

Paul Newell
Titan President
#58561 11/18/07 04:40 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
A lot of people seem to want to believe that this is the "original" Pre-Crisis Legion despite Matthew's wonderful evidence to the contrary above.
As I said above, no-one thought the differences between Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis history didn't make the Legion appearing V3, after the Crisis, the originals.

So why do the changes now, as compared to the changes then, cause people to doubt their "authenticity"?

Paul Newell
Titan President
#58562 11/18/07 10:12 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lots of people were irritated by the changes as they appeared in V3. The authenticity question can be answered a few ways.

I would imagine that fans back in the 80s
a) were less likely to complain vocally. There has been a cultural shift in this direction in the past 20 years.

b) Did not have an outlet where they could easily complain. It's hard to remember life before the internet, but writing a letter, putting a stamp on it was an awful lot of work relatively speaking. Then the letter reached the editor and they would filter the ones they wanted to print. As opposed to the net, which resembles an unfiltered hall where everyone talks again.

c) did not have a problems with the hypocrisy of the editorial statements now compared to then. Back then they said upfront that things were being changed to fit the modern continuity, people accepted the loss of that and had moved on. Now they restore the multiverse giving the possibility of the restoration of the entire original continuity. Then they bring back something say it is the original but isn't, when the entire precrisis earth could easily be Earth 86 or whatever.

#58563 11/18/07 10:20 AM
Candidate
Candidate
A lot of people seem to want to believe that this is the "original" Pre-Crisis Legion despite Matthew's wonderful evidence to the contrary above. Which is fine for them. But, I fear they will all be extremely disappointed once this Action-Arc is over and we get even more evidence of just how different it is to the "original."

The rest of us, knowing that it's different going in, will be able to handle it better.

Please add to #6 -
- no Jimmy Olsen as a member
- doubtful that Pete Ross (since no "Superboy") or Lana Lang as members

I'll also add that Karate Kid's original time-trip now seems to not exist as well. Any trip the Legion took to the 20th century especially those involving/helping Superman (which are numerous) seems gone. [b]The original JLA/JSA/LSH team-up
, Brave and the Bold and DCCP appearances are wiped out as well. [/b]
Pardon me, I haven't read a single issue of Countdown, but I saw this a few months ago in the thread Recent Legion verse sightings.

click to enlarge
Is that out now?

#58564 11/18/07 01:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b]
[QUOTE][qb]In contrast, while Lightning Saga in JLA/JSA did not pay off as we'd have liked, we have seen greater moments than Threeboot has offered.
Name one.
[/b]

"You were kids."
"No. We were Legion." two panels or so beat more than two years. TKO.

[qb]Johns's Legion doesn't have a track record yet. We've only caught glimpses of them, really.
Yet they get bashed by some more for a few guest appearances than a starring-title version that has produced minimal fruits.

I am curious of what your definition of "righteous" is, so I'll refrain from pot/kettle comments.

The original Legion did end, whether in 1994, 1990, 1986/7, 1958 or whenever one draws the line. I concede that. I do not see the Johns Legion as any farther a leap from the original as some (but then, I have no problem with 5YL either).

What is "original?" If it wasn't published in 1958, one can argue that any variant Legion is not "original." Garth's original origin had only him on Korbal getting zapped. Mekt was added later. And then Ayla. Thus by 1963, we were already seeing variantions and changes (and don't get me started on the 21st/30th century or World Wide Police changes).

Thus far, I do not see enough differences to consider this any less authentic "original" than any other Preboot version. If one chooses to perceive differnetly, I respect your rigght to do so. But I respectfully request that you don't get "righteous" about it. wink

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#58565 11/18/07 01:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The differences in a nutshell:
1. no Supergirl or Pocket Universe
2. Young Clark and possibly young Superman instead of Superboy
3. new twists that were not revealed Preboot but don't necessarily contradict it
4. new ties to regular DCU continuity that offer minor (at best) contradictions to Preboot
5. a handful of minor changes

okay... so we do all know this is not exactly Preboot. Instead we are arguing over semantics about how close it is, and whether its proxinity is dishonest or not. Regardless of its quality or impact on contniuity, was Byrne's Superman dishonest for ditching blue, white and plaid Krytonite or revamping what didn't work by his 80s sensibilities? Even if you didn't like it, was that "dishonest?" By all acounts, Byrne intended to get back to (what he saw as) the essence of the character.

Creators, even those trying to rebuild the past, do need some flexibility. Good stories have to take precedence over anal retentive continuity - what good is an intact continuity that no one cares about? How could anyone revive a 100% "authentic" Preboot Legion, since there are so many inconsistencies? Also, how does one pick up at, say, Crisis, without contradicting the rest of v.3 and Preboot v.4? You cannot. You have to figure out what works and run with it.

Johns has yet to show any departure greater than any other in-era modifications.

If you do not believe me, re-read Cary Bates. Re-read the early Silver issues. List al lthe post-Crisis changes. It is impossible to write anything 100% "true" to everything.

#58566 11/18/07 03:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mon-El, even though that image did make it into Countdown, the stories themsleves state that none of the League/Society members know who a Legion is and thus contridicts it being apart of "New Earth" history. And Karate Kid has given no indication that this is his second trip to the present.

So, either it's crappy writing or crappy editing. Take your pick.

And I (personally) don't see anything mentioned above as "anal retentive continity." I see it as a history of a team which Johns and TPTB are claiming are now apart of the Legion that is appearing in Action Comics when their "good stories" are proving that it is not.

#58567 11/18/07 05:23 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Paul Newell:
As I said above, no-one thought the differences between Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis history didn't make the Legion appearing V3, after the Crisis, the originals.

So why do the changes now, as compared to the changes then, cause people to doubt their "authenticity"?
Some people have been arguing for years that the post-Crisis and Glorithverse Legions weren't the authentic originals, especially the Glorithverse. I know because I'm one of them. For that group of fans (not so small, I think), the Earth One Legion before Crisis -- for all its inconsistencies -- is the one and only original. So, the line of demarcation DC recently drew at Crisis seems a natural separator -- it's existed for us a very long time. The problem (my problem, specifically) is that what's been wedged in the place of those abandoned realities is just another make-believe "original" Legion.

I totally agree with your comparison of the Johnsboot and post-Crisis Legion. The situation is pretty much the same now as it was in 1986 -- which translates into very bad news. The New Earth Superboyman is quite frankly rot, imo. Not as not bad as the pocket universe superboy clone and Valor, but still rot. It's the same basic recipe for disaster DC used in 1986 and 1989 to produce the previous two make-believe "original" Legions, and it doesn't taste any better now than it did then.

Could someone fix the Johnsboot Legion after Johns lets it go? Maybe, but they'd have to fix Superman first. And the complete mess DC has made of New Earth. And the new Multiverse, too. The problem is widespread and systemic. I'm not opposed to Final Crisis wiping out the entire thing and resetting all its properties from scratch, including the Legion. It wouldn't necessarily restore the original Legion, but it couldn't be a worse situation than it is presently.

#58568 11/18/07 06:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So basically, Purists are never going to be satisfied with anything that isn't 100% true to what they want (or rather what they think they want)... IF (a very big if) all Purists could even agree on a single set of criteria. Even if most say Crisis is the point to return to, we have no guarantee that others can/will insist that some elements of post-Crisis (like Conspiracy, the Sensor Girl mystery) be included, while other might insist that pre-Secret of the Legion (or whatever) has to be the point of return.

In short, Purists are not going to be happy even if they get what they seem to be asking for.

And to get anything remotely resembling what Purists want, we have to revamp the entire DCU, re-add Supergirl, settle the Superboy lawsuits, and ignore the past 22 years, the good bad and neutral. It's a good thing they don't want much! wink

Okay, fine. If you want to wait for your perfect ship to come in, I cannot begrudge you that. It is going to take years for legalities, plus more corporate politicking at DC. I myself find the path of least resistance to be glad we have a cup that is at least 3/4 full than to complain that "they don't make straws the way they used to."

If I were sitting around waiting for my "perfect" Legion, I wouldn't go around arbitrarily bashing any others.

BTW, they are all "make believe" Legions.

#58569 11/18/07 06:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And I (personally) don't see anything mentioned above as "anal retentive continity." I see it as a history of a team which Johns and TPTB are claiming are now apart of the Legion that is appearing in Action Comics when their "good stories" are proving that it is not.
I can respect that. But to me, a 1965 Mustang is still a 1965 Mustang, even if it has new upholstering or different hubcaps.

In the context of the sheer number of changes and "course corrections" made throughout the Preboot era, I do not see anything far out of line compared with adjustments that were made during/within that period. As we learn more, I may reverse my stance.

I was not on any LSH board when Superboy's Legion came out. Was there as much horror and scorn from the Purists when that came out?

#58570 11/18/07 06:55 PM
Active
Active
It was very nice of Matthew to go to all the trouble of posting everything he considers evidence that the Legion in Action is not the original one. smile
That gives all of us the opportunity to examine our positions better, regardless of position.

Still, as others have mentioned already, a lot of that evidence is not really contradictory to any previous continuity and we have to allow for retcons. Retcons have been a staple of comics since..well...the 1960s and it never was a big deal before as it seems to be today re the Legion.

The continuity problems he lists under "6" are definitely valid evidence that this Legion is not the original one. For now. The storyline is not complete yet. It could be sloppy writing, it could be a "red herring" DC throws at us in order to manipulate us a little so we, the fans, will create the furor over the it is/it isn't matter (and they've succeeded) wink , it could be something else.

What he lists under "7" and "8" is not valid evidence and some of them are simply personal preferences. It's already been established that some time, years probably, have passed since the point of departure of this Legion after Crisis, or after any other point one wants to choose. Some things will NOT be the same. They cannot be the same. Let me illustrate this with an example:

If a person read 2-3 Legion issues from the mid- 60s and 2-3 more from the mid-80s, he/she could *very easily* make a case that they are different Legions. Suppose this hypothetical reader didn't know there had been hundreds of stories that led, more or less, seamlessly into the Legion of the 80s. He/she would have found tons of evidence to support the theory that the 80s' Legion was not the original one! Even the Legion of the 70s would seem different! When did Saturn Girl turn from a rather prudish, level-headed girl into that sensual vamp? She can't be the same Saturn Girl, can she?

The difference of course is there are all those issues between the 60s and the 80s that could change his mind but, in the case of the Legion in Action, retcons will take the place of all those "unpublished" stories. I know it's a leap of faith that some people are willing to do, while others aren't and I, for one, respect that. I would definitely like ALL old stories to be preserved in any new Legion continuity. All of them! But if I had to choose between the story of Lightning Lad's death - which incidentally the Lightning Saga pays homage to and is an important evidence of the continuity of this Legion - and,say, "Supergirl's three super-girlfriends" I'd have to choose Lightning Lad's death and resurrection story as overall more important.

As for the Glorithverse, its a separate timeline, a separate future between 2 or 3 possible timelines in the Post-COIE DC universe. Glorithverse is so far removed from the the original continuity that it's just a possible future from a continuity so heavily retconned that it's tantamount to a reboot, imho. The Legion in Action may be another possible future but it seems so very much closer to the original continuity that cannot be considered a reboot.

Oh! Let me add something. Even though I've been a Legion fan since forever, I do not consider myself an authority and i don't really want to be one. I like it better to always discover new things about my favorite comic book and feel that "sense of wonder" alive in me. That's why I enjoy reading the Trivia topic. You guys really amaze me and I'm stumped at most questions but it's quite fun nonetheless. wink

#58571 11/18/07 07:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Superboy's Legion was an elseworlds story that never pretended to be a previous version of the team. So why be upset about it?

The people you are arguing with aren't "Purists." And, I find it patronizing to label people who don't agree with your point of view.

DC has 52 worlds now. Why does everything still have to happen in one narrow-minded universe? Every single Legion story, including the minor inconsistencies mentioned regarding Bates and other writers could exist if the creative people writing for DC weren't so uncreative.

Why shouldn't there be a Supergirl (of Earth-One?) who was a member of the Legion and who died during Crisis? Why is that such a bad thing? Why do we have to ignore that to squeeze Pre-Crisis universe into this Post-Crisis sieve? I don't want them to ignore the Zero Hour Legion either. People are sick of being spoken-down to about how this is the best they can come up with or that this is the closest we can come to having a Pre-Crisis Legion. It isn't.

There's a KC Superman in JSA, why not have an Earth-One Superman be apart of the Legion? What a concept!

And being AR is akin to objecting that Cosmic Boy was wearing his Adventure-Era togs rather than his Giffen-attire in Lightning Saga. That I could see people over-reacting when complaining about. A guy can change clothes.

But wanting everyone to just ignore the past when that's what Johns and everyone is hyping we are regaining in this situation, makes no sense to me. Otherwise, what's the point of having a Legion other than the one that DC is publishing in it's own book appear?

[Dain posted while I was typing this was a response to Kent. And to add that a better analogy is that DC is advertising a 1965 Mustang, but what they are actually selling is a 1965 Camaro with Mustang parts.]

#58572 11/18/07 07:44 PM
Substitute
Substitute
[Dain posted while I was typing this was a response to Kent. And to add that a better analogy is that DC is advertising a 1965 Mustang, but what they are actually selling is a 1965 Camero with Mustang parts.]
I think you're analogy would work better the other way around. It looks like a 65 Mustang with Camaro parts.

This Legion looks like the Pre-Boot Legion, but some of the workings are different. smile

Paul Newell
Titan President
#58573 11/18/07 07:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
We'll have to wait and see about that. So far the new designs don't look like an organic change from the last time we saw this group. And the characterization hasn't been dead on either.

#58574 11/18/07 07:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I see. Thanks, Gary.

So it seems people are reacting negatively to Johns LSH primarily because of how DC is promoting it? I see. I deal with what's printed. To me, worrying about DC "continuity" is like forecasting next October's weather. Since I've been reading Johns on its own merits, I really see no difference, in terms of remodeling Preboot for a new story, whether Johns or S'boy's Legion. As far as I can tell, any new series that is a part of current DC continuity is inherently at odds with all continuities that came before, so no current version (aside from an Elseworlds) ever can recapture the past (a la Dark Detective mini recapturing late 70s Batman). Thus this entire debate seems all the more mind-boggling.

My apologies for the "Purist" remark. I was trying to fight fire with fire, to show how arbitrary Johns-bashers appear to me. It appears my message did not get conveyed as intended.

I completely agree about your multiverse observations. I think that is why we are seeing the Johns Legion. I have no problem with any number of LSH eras having multiple permutations; remember the 60s-stlye Adult Legion from Supermna/Batman? Them, too. But that, to me, does not automatically undervalue the Johns Legion.

I'm not aware of who is advocating ignoring the past. But again, I've been focused on the book, not the hype. I am recalling a decade ago how NBC kept promoing Fraser, as if each episode could be *the* one where Daphne and Niles hook up. It got so bad that the actors themselves had a press conferencve basically saying, "enough. It ain't gonna happen soon. We respect our fans and their intelligence, and hope they watch based on the show's merits" (or words to that effect. So to me, blaming the product rather than the hypers seems misguided (Yes, I am letting Johns himself off the hook here. I am aware he has claimed that he is restoring the Preboot Legion (or words to that effect), and may even see his work in that light. As a creator, I support his endeavors. But he is not the referee of continuity itself, last I checked).

And I disagree about your Camero, but I will concede your point of view has point-of-view validity.

#58575 11/18/07 08:16 PM
Active
Active
Nightcrawler said
[Dain posted while I was typing this was a response to Kent. And to add that a better analogy is that DC is advertising a 1965 Mustang, but what they are actually selling is a 1965 Camaro with Mustang parts.
Ah, but that's exactly the point. DC says it's the original Legion but the fact remains it's a "restored" continuity of the original Legion.
Restored cars don't stop being the models they were just because they have "restored parts".
That's why I said in another post that I feel the Legion in Action is the classic Legion with a "restored" continuity (Well, most of it).

It seems to me that using a technicality like "original/non-original" in an extremely strict sense is looking at the trees and missing the forest.

People, generally speaking, don't like to feel manipulated and I know DC is manipulating us a little (any marketing strategy does that anyway, anywhere, about anything) but I feel this annoyance has been blown completely out of proportion and, after all, it's irrelevant to how good or bad the Legion in Action is *on its own terms*.
It's one thing to say "I hate the Legion in Action because of plot/art/whatever" and quite another to say "I hate the Legion in Action because DC is manipulating me by saying it's the original Legion, so I'll never find anything good to say about it". It's all a matter of motives.

I believe that most people, like Matthew, are sincere in trying to prove their theory about the Legion's "originality" and it's also fun and interesting to talk about it, but "most" doesn't mean "all".

#58576 11/18/07 08:50 PM
Substitute
Substitute
And the characterization hasn't been dead on either.
Which characterization? Shooter's? Giffen's? Levitz's?

Though not as long as other people, I've been reading the Legion for about 35 years now and have seen characterization vary widely between creators.

Paul Newell
Titan President
#58577 11/18/07 09:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Characterization in that one minute Superman is upset the Legion comes to his time and doesn't come to him for help and then in Action he doesn't remember who Brainiac 5 or the Legion is.

Brainiac 5 gave Superboy and his cousin temporary protection from the Red Sun in the Great Darkness Saga, yet can't provide that protection (long enough for him to survive for awhile) when he sends Superman to the future? Let alone the established fact that Kryptonians no longer immediately lose their powers in a Red Sun.

I could probably come up with more but just re-reading John's version of the Legion's first meeting with Clark and I certainly don't recognize these people.

People may dismiss the 5 Years Later Legion, but (even the characterizations that I didn't like) seem more in tune with where the characters had been and how they would evolve (in most cases, there are a few exceptions).

Look, I don't hate the Action Legion. I'm looking forward to it. But, I don't see it as the second coming that most people seem to want to see it as.

And besides, based on most of the posts in this thread alone, why do any of you want to see the Pre-Crisis (or any version of it) again? You all seem to want nothing more than to bash it and everyone who wrote/drew it?

#58578 11/18/07 09:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
They didnt make camaros until 1967 the year I was born.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#58579 11/18/07 09:31 PM
Active
Active
Well...it does seem like some of us think of this as a "second coming", doesn't it? lol
I definitely don't want to bash either the Legion in Action or any other version or era.

#58580 11/18/07 09:35 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Characterization in that one minute Superman is upset the Legion comes to his time and doesn't come to him for help and then in Action he doesn't remember who Brainiac 5 or the Legion is.

Brainiac 5 gave Superboy and his cousin temporary protection from the Red Sun in the Great Darkness Saga, yet can't provide that protection (long enough for him to survive for awhile) when he sends Superman to the future? Let alone the established fact that Kryptonians no longer immediately lose their powers in a Red Sun.

I could probably come up with more but just re-reading John's version of the Legion's first meeting with Clark and I certainly don't recognize these people.
But those are plot points and continuity errors. Not personality traits, motives, etc. which are what characterization is all about.
As to why Brainy provides no protection, maybe the sun wasn't red when he contacted Superman. When Superman arrives its six months after Brainy first contacted him. In the future, I mean.
Look, I don't hate the Action Legion. I'm looking forward to it. But, I don't see it as the second coming that most people seem to want to see it as.
I agree with you, I don't see it as the "second coming" either. But I find it hard to understand why people are going out of there way, especially after years of wishing that DC would bring back the "originals", to invalidate this particuler incarnation of the Legion that, aside from some updates and retcons to fit it within the New Earth timeline, brings back into continuity a version of the Legion people have been asking for. Especially as most of the reasons I see people using to invalidate them aren't, to me, that objectionable.
And besides, based on most of the posts in this thread alone, why do any of you want to see the Pre-Crisis (or any version of it) again? You all seem to want nothing more than to bash it and everyone who wrote/drew it?
Not me, I'm that rare creature a fan of ALL Legion incarnations.

Please don't spit on me! eek

Basically I don't understand the complaints when we've seen the examples given so many times before, Not just Post-Crisis, Glorith-verse, Post-Boot or Three-Boot, but in the Pre-Crisis Legion itself.

Paul Newell
Titan President
#58581 11/18/07 10:08 PM
A
Active
Active
A
I'm sorry, DC/Geoff Johns, but we cannot admit you into our Original Super-Hero Club! Your low score on the continuity tests we gave you proves your proposal is too imperfect!

Tromium, this means you're Saturn Girl.

Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,460
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star