Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:04 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/19/24 08:00 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/19/24 07:50 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 19 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/19/24 06:10 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/19/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Young Justice... The Animated Series!!!
#585884 01/26/11 12:16 AM
Leader
Leader
Interesting set of clips, I like the team's "Stealth" uniforms.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#585885 01/28/11 09:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So when do we see Artemis?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#585886 01/28/11 10:10 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Well on the Cartoon Network site, they list the Feb 4th episode as "Schooled" and the Feb 11th episode is titled "Infiltrator".

Also the site doesn't show Artemis or give info about her, but she is still seen in the trailer and in the promo shots of the group.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#585887 01/28/11 11:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was kinda annoyed by the constant frontal attacks on Mr. Twister... HELLO KIDS, it has been shown 12 times already that this doesn't work!

Megan's sneak attack was well-handled (if overdue).

[conservative hat] Not sure how comfortable I am with Superboy and Miss Martian living in the HQ together considering this is angled at young'uns. [/conservative hat]

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#585888 01/29/11 12:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Well on the Cartoon Network site, they list the Feb 4th episode as "Schooled" and the Feb 11th episode is titled "Infiltrator".

Also the site doesn't show Artemis or give info about her, but she is still seen in the trailer and in the promo shots of the group.
Artemis is also on the cover of the comic, which I saw today on Facebook.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#585889 01/29/11 02:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
She hasn't made it yet, according to last nights show. The show is pretty good. I know it was annoying with the full frontal attacks on Twister and he ones from last night... but remember, they're still just kids. Maturity comes with age and experience. Thats part of the journey of the show.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#585890 01/29/11 09:17 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Watched Young Justice Episode 3 on Cartoon Network today.

Kind of a Marvel-y feel. Everybody's personal problems kind of getting in the way of the team.

Miss Martian is clearly the most powerful member of the team, even though they have tried to dial her powers back some.

Superboy bears a remarkable resemblance to the Hulk, at least powers/personality-wise.

Actually liked it OK. My son is visiting with his 10-year-old daughter, he liked it pretty well, too. She stayed upstairs with her Nintendo DSi playing Monster Rancher.

Saturday Morning Cartoons for Old Men.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
#585891 01/30/11 08:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I liked the fourth episode... Wally is still really one-note ("Dude!"), but it was good to see some growth with Robin and Aqualad... I'm hoping Superboy starts to develop a personality...

#585892 01/30/11 09:09 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I've been catching it on youtube, since it's a pain to find it on other sites. Pretty cool so far.

The graphics (and the personalities) are taking less to get used to than the Teen Titans cartoon, although I'm still a bit put off by Robin's habit of laughing as he runs around in the shadows.

I found it interesting that Wally could readily identify the molecular structure of Venom and the Blockbuster formula, while Robin was still going 'what's this?' I remember Barry being a chemist / scientist sort, back in the day, but Wally never struck me as being into that. If so, that would be an interesting character development.

Miss Martians "Hello Megan!" exclamation really, really gets on my nerves.

Everyone was much nicer to her this ep, compared to ep 3, which is good. They were a bit over the top in the Twister ep, IMO.

And Superboy is indeed coming across as a bit of a chode. I get that they don't want to mix things up and this isn't the comic book Conner, but him already being the big bulky dude, and skipping right past skinny Cadmus-era Conner is a bit jarring to me. Still, I got used to goth Raven channeling darkforce, and even came to prefer her to the comic-book raven with her quiffily-defined 'empathy / teleportion / occasionally can fly and create illusions and mind control people / soul self that does random magical things / can heal, but only wounds that weren't important to the plot anyway' powers.

I'll probably get used to 'Conner Smash!' as well.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#585893 01/30/11 09:40 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Originally posted by Set:
Miss Martians "Hello Megan!" exclamation really, really gets on my nerves.
Hey, that is one of her major super-abilities: Super-Epiphany! Almost as good as super-intelligence.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
#585894 01/30/11 10:21 AM
Deputy
Deputy
This thing seems like an epic fail to me, from what I've seen of it. Robin sounds like a giggly girl. Which would be FINE, by the way, if he were a girl. Kid Flash is a zero. All the characters are zeroes, really. There's no whimsy or fun, no sardonic, ironic or gallows humor. I think the Avengers cartoon has the same problems, but still manages to be more true to itself and its source material. My son watched the first 5 minutes of Friday night's episode, then decided to watch a Dr. Who rerun.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#585895 02/04/11 09:47 PM
Leader
Leader
My brief thoughts on tonight's new ep:

Yay Black Canary!

Keen motorcycles & gear, I want!

Amazo and robot monkeys, alright!

ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
#585896 02/04/11 10:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just watched the 2 newest episodes.

Bratty, giggly Robin is NOT working for me.

Tight-assed, angry Superboy is NOT working for me.

I'm mega awesome and do nothing wrong Aqualad is NOT working for me, mainly because-- well, who TF are you anyway? Where's Garth?!?! Once I get over his not being the "real" Aqualad, I'm sure I will warm to him.

Miss Martian fawning over Superboy right to his face like Desperation Damsel is NOT working for me, but otherwise she's fine.

Horny, immature Kid Flash is working for me, I think it suits the character and his age.

Black Canary was magnificent!! Also enjoyed Amazo and liked how Superboy figured out how to beat him. I like that Superman has issues with Superboy.

So I'm not jumping for joy but I'm not taking it off my DVR list either.

#585897 02/04/11 11:13 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I can't think of anything that's really jumping out about this series as awesome, and there's a quite of few kind of annoying things, but nothing devastatingly bad. More than anything, it's just kind of "meh".

#585898 02/05/11 06:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The Amazo episode has been my favorite episode so far... loved Black Canary... giggling Robin is still annoying but only one "Dude!" from Wally... thought the scene between Superman and Superboy was great, especially Superboy asking for help... actually found it quite touching... loved the "Kryptonians have hard heads" line... and a mysterious arrow...

#585899 02/05/11 11:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You know the arrow is from artemis. As to the things that others are finding annoying, a little for me, but, I remember that they are supposed to be kids and kids act like that quite a bit. hotheaded, loveheaded, goofy, and lets face it, the "giggling" robin would really piss off me if I was doing dark deeds in dead of night and some twerp was laughing while taking out my henchmen with ease. I think it works well.

Something pithy!
#585900 02/13/11 03:01 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I actually liked this week's episode a little bit better... except for the horrible implausibility of the basic plot. Why exactly were the kids assigned to guard the scientist who holds the key to preventing the theft of massive tons of computer data? And why exactly didn't they just take her somewhere really secure, like wherever the Justice League is headquartered in this version?

I like Artemis quite a bit, however.

#585901 02/13/11 05:43 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[QBWhy exactly were the kids assigned to guard the scientist who holds the key to preventing the theft of massive tons of computer data?[/QB]
I thought similarly about the last couple of episodes... the JLA must be stretched pretty thin to turn some of these missions over to "kids"...

The series is definitely improving with each episode... Artemis seems like a good addition... I hope Speedy/Red Arrow sticks around too...

#585902 02/13/11 11:35 PM
Leader
Leader
Artemis didn't exactly wow me. I'd prefer Cassie, Donna, Greta, or Empress.

ActorLad

#585903 02/14/11 02:01 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the other goofy plot point, namely the telepathic link, which seemed to serve no purpose other than to create comedic tension. The flimsy excuse of "they might detect our comlinks" might have made sense, if it weren't for the fact that most of the telepathic exchanges depicted were between people standing right next to each other!

#585904 02/14/11 05:14 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Speedy got kinda badass overnight, didn't he? All mature and brooding and stuff. I like it but he now seems too old for his pals.

Lovely, Artemis used to be in cahoots with Cheshire and is hiding it. *yawn*

I still prefer Teen Titans and the LSH 'toon to Young Justice at this point.

#585905 02/18/11 10:54 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
So, I thought this week's episode was easily the best yet. Not because of Young Justice themselves, but because of Dr. Fate, who pretty much rocked.

I'm not sure I get the wisdom of removing the helmet of Nabu from the impenetrable tower and storing it in the Young Justice trophy room, however. I wonder if they're setting things up for an eventual "Kid Fate" to be added to the cast?

#585906 02/19/11 01:17 AM
Leader
Leader
I agree this was the best ep so far. The one thing that bugged me was Klarion seemed too bratty even for a Witch-Boy.

ActorLad

#585907 02/25/11 07:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll third it... this was the first episode I have thoroughly enjoyed, and like EDE it was because Dr. Fate kicked ass! LOVED him.

It does look like a 'Teen Fate' could be coming... now to figure out who a good candidate for that would be.

Was glad to NOT see gigglepuss Robin at all this episode, nice to see also that Aqualad is NOT perfect after all (Superboy took him out in practice drill).

Lastly, nice to see a somewhat mellower Superboy that has learned from Black Canary.

I almost let Miss Martian and Artemis' boy-talk get on my nerves but decided to give it a pass.

So 2 thumbs up for the Fate ep!

#585908 02/25/11 02:27 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, Sam and I are enjoying watching it. Sam's five and he's having a blast. When I say it's time, that little bundle of energy carooms around the house til it starts. And anything that gets him to settle down for thirty minutes... aces in my book.

Something pithy!
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,022
Posts1,045,464
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
hepcatfox boy, Superboy-Supergirl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star