Roll Call
0 members (), 53 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Re: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
#586276 10/12/06 12:05 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Sun still hasn't killed anyone. She shoot someone. We don't know if she is dead dead yet.

One thing that bothered me though. What's up with Sun's dad eyes? One always seemed off kilter to me.

And I still think that Kate is playing Swayer somehow. Maybe her own offer to go home?

#586277 10/12/06 12:23 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
For Kate going home whould mean going to jail, so I don't think it could be that simple. I think they're more likely to be threatening her to get her to do something from them.

Sun really is Daddy's little girl, isn't she?

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#586278 10/12/06 12:49 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Having missed most of the first two seasons, I was wondering how much of Sun's and Jin's history hadbeen revealed before. Was this a first time reveal of the affair (and possible/probable baby paternity problem) and the shady nature of Sun's pop? What kind of details had been revealed on them in the past?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#586279 10/12/06 01:45 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Doctor One:
All right, so is there anybody left in this show who hasn't killed somebody? At the moment I can only think of Locke, Claire, Rose and Bernard. And maybe Jin. Wait, what about Charlie? Has he killed anybody?
Charlie killed Ethan, who had abducted Claire and had returned to get her again.

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#586280 10/12/06 09:05 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I think besides Rose and Bernard, Locke might be the only one who hasn't killed anyone. But I feel like he most likely has that we just don't know about, given the nature of Locke's past.

Wow, what an episode! Another very strong start to Season Three! Thoughts:

- Kate and Sawyer - great scenes! Really nice to see and the chemistry between them is stronger than ever.

- Jack seeing what's been happening in the real world - another powerful scene. You can really see Jack's reaction and how this completely changes everything he's thought about so far. Leaving it up to us per what's going on his head (right now at least) is well-done too. I know he must be conflicted.

- Ben Linus (Henry Gale) remains ultra-creepy and full of mystery. I really hope we get an episode for *his* story, like we did Desmond. Especially the 'I've lived on this island my whole life'.

- The Other's main female (forget her name, but I think its obvious she's up there in psuedo-rank) is also very interesting. Sawyer saying she would have definately killed Kate makes her even more so.

- Jin and Sun are still two of my favorites. I agree Al, Sun really *is* Daddy's little girl! The whole theme of being honest and how despite how far their relationship has been mended and moved forward since their time on the island, Sun (and Jin) still needs to go one step further in regards to being honest.

- Sayid was prominent in the episode, but down-played. That's alright though, because he's still in kick-ass Sayid mode, and there isn't one of us I bet for one second that didn't realize he was ready to spring a trap.

- Also: Desmond next episode!! I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure he was dead after last season but am thrilled he's not. I *really* like this character. I think him, Locke and Eko are the three most interesting of the whole bunch and I can't wait to see their story. I get the feeling that while the Others are the central theme/plot of Season Three, the mystery of the island itself will continue to be revealed via Locke/Eko/Desmond (and Charlie and others too, but their role in the stories is usually different). I can't wait for next week to see them all.

What are the chances of the Lost team giving the fans a treat and revealing a big secret early on? I'm hoping for a complete explanation (well, as complete as Lost ever gives laugh ) on the monster by the mid-point of the season.

These early ones are so good that I'm already dying for Season Three's DVD, so I can watch five episodes at a clip laugh

#586281 10/12/06 10:20 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Cobie, the lethal lady is Juliet. She is definitely giving me an eerie feeling. She's all nice to Jack, but she's hiding something. And her face off with Ben is too intense. She is going to be big this season.

Speaking of Ben... he and Jack have that whole control issue thing going don't they? And sorry, but video footage can be faked. There's no way I would believe the Red Sox won the Series without having actually seen it.

Sayid is awesome. This guy has been a favourite from the beginning, and this episode showed why. Loyal, fierce, sneaky, good. He is the best at what he does.

Finally Sun and Jin- well mostly Sun. The most fascinating character on the show. Watching her go from quiet and demure, to strong and determined, to sad and alone, to scared and deadly has been the most entertaining for me. I'm curious to know if she knows how her lover died.

Just spouting off.
#586282 10/12/06 10:22 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
As for the future... it seems I won't get Eko without him playing off Locke. Ah well, I survived Locke in Philosophy class, I can survive him here too.

Just spouting off.
#586283 10/12/06 10:30 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Arachne:
For Kate going home whould mean going to jail, so I don't think it could be that simple. I think they're more likely to be threatening her to get her to do something from them.

Sun really is Daddy's little girl, isn't she?
True, but the Others have deeper connections then we have been lead to believe. For me, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to offer Kate a way home and a new identity.

#586284 10/12/06 11:07 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Favorite line of the episode: "How dare you!"

#586285 10/12/06 11:15 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
For me it was: "You taste like fish biscuit."

Just spouting off.
#586286 10/12/06 11:57 AM
Deputy
Deputy
LOVED Sawyer kicking ass and taking the measure of the Others. Surely he would not be so stupid as to think that he was not being observed and the conversations being recorded.

I go back and forth on the Others. Are they really so prone to violence? They did seem a bit shocked that some of their own had been killed. You also have to assume that much of what they're doing is calculated. The pointless moving of stones (another useless task, a la the computer OR the observation cameras), the belligerance, the whole messing around with Jack, the fish biscuit, all MUST be planned.

Juliet is definitely dangerous. I may be more scared of her than Ben.

If Kate tastes like strawberries after a day in the hot sun moving rocks with no water, she's worth everything Sawyer and Jack have gone through.

I'm starting to wonder if any of the survivors is a plant--namely Kate. Some of her actions are starting to look a little fishy. Where was she for the missing time? Why the wrist wounds?

The knowledge of Sawyer's real name indicates that the Others know about the survivor's lives before the crash. Not all of their information was gotten from the guys who were planted. Does that mean that they really do have contact with the outside world?

For some reason, the time lag between when the show is happening and now bothers me.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#586287 10/12/06 03:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Presumably Kate's wrist injuries are merely the result of the too-tight handcuffs Ben made her wear in episode 1.

It becomes more clear that, like Rose and Bernard, Locke and Eko, Jin and Sun probably BELONG on the island. Sun is pregnant (whether from Jin or not, stay tuned). More importantly, it is the only place on earth where they can hide from Sun's father. And, it's a natural place for Jin, the fisherman's boy, to feel worthwhile.

The Other ARE fascinating, aren't they? They always proclaim, "we're the good guys," and yet they torture, kill, mislead, abduct, experiment, etc. Kind of like Bush saying he's a good guy in Iraq. Maybe that is what the producers are going for. If these are the good guys, who the hell are the bad guys?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#586288 10/13/06 02:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I just read the Entertainment Weekly Season 3 round up--lots of good information. It also brought up the question of Sun's baby. I guess I just naively assumed that it was another island miracle a la Locke's legs. Did we know before this week's ep that Sun had actually slept with her "English teacher?"

No, the Others certainly don't behave like the good guys--but neither, for the most part, do our heroes. There certainly has been a lot of killing on both sides, but the ultimate responsibility has to lie with the Others--they started it!

Don't judge me!
#586289 10/13/06 02:32 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
We haven't seen Sun sleep with her tutor before now. Last we saw, she and Jin were trying to conceive. They had been tested at a fertility clinic, where we were told Jin was packing, but that Sun was unable to carry a child. There was a pregnancy test on the plane, so someone was wondering (viewers were led to believe it was Sun.)

I'm wondering if the Others have taken an isolationist stand. With Rousseau's comments about a "sickness" and the island's knack for healing people, combined with the mention of quarrantine here and there, it could be a consciuos decision to remove themselves from the outside world.

Maybe the island has become a Molokai of sorts...

Just spouting off.
#586290 10/16/06 01:45 PM
Deputy
Deputy
That whole "sickness" plot point has kind of fallen by the wayside, eh? How DOES Rousseau fit into all of this? How could she have been on the island this long and not have a much better idea of what's going on? Why haven't the Others gone after her like they have the Losties? Come to think of it, it was she that brought Ben to their attention, and since there's no way that Ben would have been so stupid as to allow himself to get caught, I think I'm forced to assume that Rousseau is in leauge with the Others.

Don't judge me!
#586291 10/16/06 02:01 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'm thinking we're going to have to see a Rousseau flashback at some point in order to explain how she fits into everything. I think it's quite mysterious that she never found Othersville in the sixteen years she's been on the island, but I don't think that she's in league with them. I'm thinking she must have at least had contact with previous hatch-dwellers to know about the security system and such. Her daughter is shaping up to be a really interesting character, though.

#586292 10/16/06 03:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's also interesting that they didn't seem to know about the boat. Desmond's hatch partner fixed the baby up - was he trying to leave the Others and didn't even let them in on it? Or did they just not know that Desmond took it and ended up coming back?

And if Walt's off the show, they better still explain his role in all this - he seemed pretty important there for awhile (unless they plan on using him to introduce an *off-island* component/storyline to the show?)

#586293 10/16/06 06:07 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Great points about Rousseau and the Desmond's boat. To avoid concluding the writers have screwed up, we would have to suppose the following:

1) The Others really weren't paying attention to Locke's hatch. If they HAD been paying attention, they would have seen what's-his-name sneaking off all time to work on Desmond's boat.

2) Maybe you can't reach Othersville on foot unless you know the secret? The others seemed most concerned that it WAS reachable by boat, implying they have some sort of land-based camoflage/defense.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#586294 10/16/06 06:41 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yeah, I think the Others = the Hostiles that Kelvin referred to, implying that they weren't really on good terms.

I don't think that the Others = Dharma, but rather test subjects or prisoners of Dharma that rebelled or something, whereas the Hatch people seem to be the actual remnants of Dharma. There's also the interesting question of who exactly was using the Pearl station, since there was a burning cigarette there when Locke and Eko visited it.

The not-reachable-by-land theory seems plausible.

#586295 10/16/06 10:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
There was a burning cigarette? I totaly missed that. I agree, this isn't all being done by one group, but I'm not sure yet which group is Dharma.

Okay, I need some help. I'm doubting my sanity. Well, more than usual, I mean. smile Anyway, there's this spoiler:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Basically, Kate's finally going to choose which guy she wants, Sawyer or Jack, within the first six episodes. Yesterday, a spoiler reporter (Kristen from EOnline) said that it's obvious from what we already know who Kate was going to choose.

I thought that was great because I knew who I thought the obvious choice was (Sawyer), but fans on the other side of the debabte think their side is the obvious. So I'm asking you guys because I know this isn't a major issue to you. Is it as obvious as Kirsten thinks? If so, which side's in denial?</span></span>

#586296 10/17/06 09:20 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I think she'll ultimately choose Sawyer, but I can't really see her actually making a full-fledged decision/committment to anyone for at least some time (i.e. if she does choose Sawyer, you can bet we'll see them go for long periods of time where they're fighting, not seeing eye to eye, 'running' from their pasts and thus each others, etc.).

I also think Other do not = Dharma, but Kelvin's hostiles do.

Also loving Rosseau's daughter and looking forward to seeing more of her role here.

I think the sudden reappearance of Walt and Michael (especially if off the island) would be a hella-kewl mid-season moment.

#586297 10/17/06 09:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Actually, from what TPTB have been saying for weeks now <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Kate's definitely choosing by episode 6. They're also saying that Juliet is likely a new love interest for Jack. So Sawyer seems like the obvious choice, but like I said, some are disagreeing. </span></span>

I agree that any relationship between Kate and Sawyer will be rocky to put it mildly, but that's what makes it interesting. smile

I think it might be Penelope that shows up mid-season. I'm not sure I like that idea, though. Some think the mid-season shock will be Jack joining the Others. That could be fasinating, I think.

#586298 10/18/06 12:11 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
According to the latest Lost Podcast

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The focus will shift to a new love triangle this season, which will be Claire, Charlie, and someone else!</span></span>

#586299 10/18/06 12:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Yeah, because that's just what this show needs - another love triangle. LOL I am so sick of love triangles at the moment. Still, it'll be interesting to so who the other guy/girl is. I hope it's not Desmond after the way they set up his relationship with Penny. Then again he is supposed to be naked tomorrow night. Maybe Claire gets a peek and can't resist. smile </span></span>

#586300 10/18/06 02:59 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I think that ol' devil Locke will start making moves on Rose!

(I kid, I kid laugh )

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Hamz
Hamz
NW Indiana
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star