Roll Call
1 members (stile86), 34 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/09/24 01:00 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Re: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
#586301 10/18/06 10:09 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">thoughts:
Great, great, great episode! Another great one!

Time Travel? It begs one to question it, especially given this show's sci-fi aspects. Whatever the case, Desmond still fascinates me--a very welcome addition to this show.

Glad to see Hurley mixed up in his mystery.

Charlie had some good welcome scenes.

Locke was awesome as usual (my favorite character). His story has moved forward now and he's 'reclaiming himself' after his crisis of conscience last season and stepping up to be a leader. I can't wait to see more.

The Polar Boy mystery (not really a mystery per se anymore) was revisited. I'd have liked to see more but I trust we will eventually...one day laugh .

Can't wait for more Eko and Claire.

Two new people had actual lines? If they names that makes them potential murder victims this season laugh

Seeing Boone was awesome. I feel like Shannon won't be coming back anytime soon (indeed, her exit from the show made it seem like it had more to do 'off screen' with the producers than anything). So its great that Boone is so tied to Locke's story that they can have him revisit Locke in a scene like that. I thought it was a great scene, very well done. Very eerie.

So right now Locke, Hurley, Claire and Walt are the only ones who haven't killed anyone? (Maybe Sun, we don't know yet). I wonder if that ties directly to Locke's ability to 'commune' with the island? Just like Hurley could 'commune' with the numbers, Walt had abilities and Claire had the baby (which remains mysterious in its eventually ending up on the island). A far-fetched idea, but something that could mean something...

All in all, another fantastic episode. And the next episode looks hella-intense.</span></span>

#586302 10/18/06 11:12 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Do we need spoilers now that the episode has aired?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm not sure what you meant by time travel. i think Desmond's having premontions.
Those two new guys are definitely joining the cast. They won't be killed too quickly, I think, because there was a lot of fuss made about the casting. Apparently, the guy is a major star in Brazil.</span></span>

One more comment with spoilers for future eps: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">It looks like Shannon will be in someone's flashbacks later this season.</span></span>

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#586303 10/19/06 01:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
So right now Locke, Hurley, Claire and Walt are the only ones who haven't killed anyone? (Maybe Sun, we don't know yet).
Hurley did kill a bunch of people, if by accident. We don't quite know how, but his guilt put him in the mental asylum. And wasn't Claire about to abort her baby? I forget. Jin hasn't been shown to kill anyone, has he? And then there's Rose and Bernard...

Regarding Locke, this episode makes me think he probably did kill someone at some point, perhaps that policeman. I just think it's funny that he keeps refering to himself as a hunter, even after letting the policeman go.

#586304 10/19/06 02:19 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Doctor One:
[QUOTE]I just think it's funny that he keeps refering to himself as a hunter, even after letting the policeman go.
...or did he?

#586305 10/19/06 06:20 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I thought this week was pretty cool, with the kind of return-to-the-hunter storyline going on with Locke, and also a little background on where the hunter/backwoods mystic persona came from in the first place.

Desmond became my favorite character with last season's finale, so it was nice to see him back, and I'm definitely interested in the developments with him.

Hopefully Eko will be back up and kicking butt before too long.

It looks like we may have found out what happened to the last inhabitants of the Pearl. Though the oddest thing in the bear cave was the toy truck.

The Locke/Charlie relationship was interesting to explore. It's interesting to think that Charlie and Boone were both kind of "disciples" of Locke at points during the first season, and it could very easily have been Charlie who was "sacrificed" to the island rather than Boone.

#586306 10/20/06 09:42 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Arachne - for the Time Travel thing, that's *kinda* tongue in cheek, though Desmond waking up naked (a la the Terminators after they time travel) kind of gave me that thought, only to be backed up by Desmond's knowing about Locke's speech. I agree that premonitions or something is more likely though laugh

I'm still really pumped from the last episode. I can't wait to see what Locke, Eko and crew do next!

#586307 10/20/06 02:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Didn't really give us a conclusion to that Locke flashback, did they? At least we now know that Locke used to burn fatties...

I felt like the sneak peek at next week suggested that Kate loves Sawyer. All of the plot developments this season and at the end of last season suggested Sawyer. I'm starting to like them as a couple more anyway. I agree with no more love triangles. I'm sorry, but I'm not watching this show for romantic shenanigans. Bah humbug.

I'm not getting the polar bear. This show is too smart to ignore the fact that a polar bear couldn't survive very long in a tropical environment, and dragging a living human being deep into a cave is not normal polar bear behavior. Something else else else is going on.

I'm not too sorry to see the hatch go. It's served it's purpose, although my wife lamented "No more showers for them."

My lovely wife and I also agree that the "imprisoned and tortured" thing needs to play out quickly. I'm not sure I'm down with prison drama.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#586308 10/20/06 03:08 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I would guess the whole "imprisoned" thing will only last through the duration of the (now half over) mini-season.

It wouldn't surprise me if the polar bear has actually been genetically modified in some way, in order to increase both its adaptibility to enviromental conditions and its agression.

#586309 10/20/06 04:28 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The "Who will Kate choose?" question always seemed academic and not very interesting to me, because "Sawyer" is SOOO pathologically incapable of a normal, loving relationship. So, is Jack, for that matter. So is Kate, now that I think about it. Oh, so who cares?!?!?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#586310 10/20/06 09:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
LOL You'd be surprised, doublechinner. Lost-forum moderators are on constant watch to prevent ship wars from breaking out. The Jater slogan is "Jate is Fate", and they really believe it. I've been involved with internet fandoms for over ten years and I've never seen anything like it. I agree that there's much more to the show than romance. If there wasn't I'd have given it up months ago.

I don't want the imprisonment last much longer, either. I think we're probably stuck with it till the sixth episode, though. Sawyer getting tortured again is overkill. Let's see he's been punched, tortured, stabbed, shot, kicked around, tossed in a pit, shot again, stun gunned, beaten some more, stunned again. shake I know he's got some major bad karma, but it's someone elses turn.

I'm facinated by the cave. I want to know who's truck that was. Someone suggested it was the bear's. I'm not sure that's a joke; the bears were being tested for intelligence. I also wonder how far that cave goes. It looked huge. I hope it's explored further. (And I hope Kate gets out in time to do some of the exploring.

#586311 10/20/06 11:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yet another thread I must avoid. I need a week off work to catch up on my shows!

#586312 10/23/06 09:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I can't wait for the next ep. From what I've heard there's supposed to be a major revelation, and I'm not talking about anyone's love life. smile

#586313 10/24/06 02:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
One more day! You know that a show's gotten under your skin when a day of the week becomes "Lost" day like Tuesday used to be "Buffy" day and Thursday used to be "Cheers" night.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#586314 10/24/06 09:28 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
22 and a half hours to go! laugh (Canadians get it an hour early. tongue )

#586315 10/25/06 12:34 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Between new comic books and LOST, my Wednesday is damn near perfect!

Just spouting off.
#586316 10/25/06 01:38 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
sigh I won't get to watch it until Thursday morning! frown

#586317 10/25/06 10:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Aww, poor EDE. hug

I thought the episode was really good, but I read to many spoilers this time, it kind of ruined some of the impact.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I was really hoping they'd kill the triangle this ep. I guess they're going to drag it out till the 6th ep.</span></span>

#586318 10/25/06 11:11 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I've been trying to go easy on the spoilers this year, which has been working fairly well so far. Nice to see J.J. Abrams working in another "Felicity" alumnus, Ian Gomez.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">So, Sawyer's a daddy. Interesting. He's such a big grumpy softy. Sounds like the Others' communications are cut off after the magnetic whatsit happened. Desmond continues to be charming but wierd.</span></span>

#586319 10/25/06 11:11 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Sorry you were spoiled, Arachne. It was one of the best episodes of the run. It was all about the Three (Four?) We did get a few bits with Charlie and Desmond and the rest.

Just spouting off.
#586320 10/26/06 12:18 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm definitely going to be more careful about the spoilers from here on in. smile

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I'm not sure what I think of Sawyer being a dad. I don't see where they're going with it. It doesn't feel resolved, though, so it could come up again, but I don't see how without the kid showing up on the island. Which wouldn't be good, imo. Maybe Cassidy was conning him.

The scene where Kate's changing was hillarious. Poor Sawyer. lol </span></span>

#586321 10/26/06 01:33 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
it was a good eposdie I'll agree but what was the big reveal?

#586322 10/26/06 09:35 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I thought it was another great episode.

Sawyer and Kate's chemistry remains fiery! The scene where Kate answered yes to the questions about loving Sawyer showed a depth to her acting that impressed me!

And Jack and Juliet had some great chemistry too this ep.

Couldn't help but feel that Sawyer was being conned by the 'mother of his child'. I feel like we'll see more of this.

Desmond is still one of my favorites. And it looks like the Brazilian actor is starting to get some screen time. I wonder if part of his story will be "What the heck has he been doing these first 71 days?".

Next episode looks hella-crazy! Lots of cool stuff in the previews!</span></span>

#586323 10/26/06 10:22 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, we were right about the zoo being accessible by boat, but not land (it's on a small separate island), but that doesn't explain why Rousseau has never found the relatively palatial Othersville, which is clearly on the main island.

Did they mention a sub when they were talking about Coleen's medical emergency? I guess they would have to have something like that.

So Benjamin has an advanced spinal tumor (a not very common cancer, at all) and one of the plane crash survivors just happens to be an ace spine surgeon? Gee, what a coincidence.

My earlier predictions were abolutely on target. Neither Kate nor Sawyer can genuinely admit feelings for the other. Although, it is very clear that Sawyer really does care about his "Freckles." Who was Sawyer's baby's momma? There have been enough con flash backs that I can't remember which one she is.

Sawyer really is quite clever, screwing over Ian Gomez (one of my favorite actors) to both get out of jail and provide for a little girl who may be his daughter, without actually having to make an emotional commitment or connection. One of the (few) things I like about the Sawyer character is his almost honesty about the limits of his emotional commitments. Of course, up until the Island, he could blame this on his chosen profession. Now, he's having to decide who, if anyone he's going to con in the future.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#586324 10/26/06 10:35 AM
Deputy
Deputy
We don't know that Ben is the one with the spine tumor, do we?

#586325 10/26/06 10:45 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
That was *definitely* a great episode!

So, the purple skies shorted out the Others' communications. I wonder if it's why the box in Jack's cell is suddenly working? And does that imply that Jack's father is really still alive?

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SharkLad
SharkLad
The waters off eastern Long Island
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star